Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 21:21   #256
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincyf1 View Post
Hi All,

I was at the Advaith Hyundai showroom on Outer Ring Road, Bangalore the other day for a test drive of the Xcent AT SX(O). While speaking to the Sales representative there, she pointed out to me that the Speed Sensing Auto Lock has been discontinued on all Hyundai models going forward.

I am not sure to what extent this is true or whether it is being used as a way to convince customers querying about the car's specifics. I would like to know if anyone on this forum has got the same feedback from the dealers. Please advice.

What she has informed you is correct. This feature was not present in the previous generation i20 onwards, but you could get it activated at the service center via OBD.

It is not present in the current generation Elite i20, Grand i10 and Xcent models, and not sure if it can be activated either.

IMO- it's a miss when compared to the usual fully loaded Hyundai cars.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 18:13   #257
Team-BHP Support

The new Xcent ad featuring SRK-

When he tweeted about a Hyundai shoot just before the i20 launch, I would never have guessed Hyundai planning to push Xcent over i20.
Old 18th September 2014, 20:20   #258
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Excellent detailed review.
I have finalised to buy xcent petrol against the dezire, amaze and zest.
I have two observations/queries
1. Tail lamp illumination when brake pressed converts to little bit pink instead of bright red. This is observed in night.
2. Engine dont have sufficient protection from downside, is their aftermarket protective guard available??
Old 19th September 2014, 12:32   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarsw View Post
Excellent detailed review.
I have finalised to buy xcent petrol against the dezire, amaze and zest.
I have two observations/queries
1. Tail lamp illumination when brake pressed converts to little bit pink instead of bright red. This is observed in night.
2. Engine dont have sufficient protection from downside, is their aftermarket protective guard available??
The brake light you can see from a distance. In fact the lights are large enough. Pinkish I did not notice but I have no compliants on the color.

The under engine protection would need to be made after market. In Bangalore there is a place where I got my Ertiga's made after market. It fits well and does its job well.

Cheers
Old 19th September 2014, 22:54   #260
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't notice any pink shade. I feel the lights are very bright at night and look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
The under engine protection would need to be made after market. In Bangalore there is a place where I got my Ertiga's made after market. It fits well and does its job well.
Cheers
Rajain, How much did it cost for the Ertiga ? Are you planning to have this made for your Xcent as well ? I may be interested as well if the price is withing my reach.

Last edited by cnu : 19th September 2014 at 22:59. Reason: Addl comments
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:47   #261
BHPian

Hi

Planning to buy the petrol s version. Is any one aware of any discounts on the car

Also in case anyone refer a dealer and a sales advisor with whom they have a good experience recently
Old 24th September 2014, 14:20   #262
cnu
BHPian

Came across this quick long term (6K) review. The trip meter behavior (glitch) is a surprise to me.

Quote:
What did irk me a bit was that the trip computer entirely reset itself. The trip computer also measures drive time which is pre-programmed to reset every 100 hours but the rest of it shouldn’t reset unless manually done.
Old 25th September 2014, 01:00   #263
BHPian

Just drove the 1.2 petrol Xcent Sx (O) variant with ABS and Airbags.

My bro wanted me to test drive it.

My observations:

Positives:
1) elegant dash
2) good music system
3) good boot space
4) brakes are good.
5) good view of the road from drivers seat.
6) push button start is a nice feature to have in this segment.

Negatives:
1) stiff front seats.
2) did not like the integrated head rest one single bit.
3) steering is too light and unimpressive. I did a small twisty road and the lack of control was scary.
4) car felt very unstable above 80km/hr.

My overall impression: Its a featuristic vehicle to own, but not a car to drive. I did not like it at all.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:18   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Just drove the 1.2 petrol Xcent Sx (O) variant with ABS and Airbags.

My bro wanted me to test drive it.

My observations:

Positives:
1) elegant dash
2) good music system
3) good boot space
4) brakes are good.
5) good view of the road from drivers seat.
6) push button start is a nice feature to have in this segment.

Negatives:
1) stiff front seats.
2) did not like the integrated head rest one single bit.
3) steering is too light and unimpressive. I did a small twisty road and the lack of control was scary.
4) car felt very unstable above 80km/hr.

My overall impression: Its a featuristic vehicle to own, but not a car to drive. I did not like it at all.
Having broken in , i have pushed my xcent SX(o) Petrol to 130KM/h several times and i have never felt this unstable feeling that you have mentioned. When i did push my car i have felt that might go a bit more if i want floor it to the mat but i have not pushed it beyond this number as of yet.
Old 1st October 2014, 18:02   #265
BHPian

Same here. My xcent AT is very stable at 80-100 Kmph speeds and not once have I felt lack of control in 1200kms so far. Not pushed it beyond 100.
Old 1st October 2014, 19:35   #266
BANNED

Hi,
I have read many user reviews on other websites regarding sharp braking issue. As per reviews user facing problem of very sharp braking resulting in to fear of getting hit from backside. This seems to be imperfect ABS calibration. Is there any body faced similar issue here?
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:25   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

I have read many user reviews on other websites regarding sharp braking issue. As per reviews user facing problem of very sharp braking resulting in to fear of getting hit from backside. This seems to be imperfect ABS calibration. Is there any body faced similar issue here?

Brakes feel very sharp- but never faced it as an issue. Its not as gradual as in my Punto, and has a lot of initial bite. Just takes a few mins to adjust.

Car is used by parents who upgraded from WagonR with its average brakes. Not an issue for them either.
Old 4th October 2014, 00:14   #268
BHPian

It takes a while getting used to the brakes. But they impress.

The bite comes slightly faster but with ABS and EBD its a good firm braking.

Cheers
Old 5th October 2014, 00:28   #269
BHPian

I drove the Xcent diesel today and it was a rather interesting experience. While the interior plastic quality is decent, the engine feels very underpowered and the response is slow. Even with a floored throttle the car struggles with the AC on.
The steering is very light and feels akin to that of a toy car. The braking is unusually sharp for a car with ABS. The boot is the highlight with a decent capacity.
Rear ac vents are a joke and we complained to the SA that cooling was ineffective even at the front. Overall it was a disappointment. This car is not worth 8.5 lakh rupees on road.
However, the rear camera display on the rear view mirror is very nice and innovative.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:02   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Same here. My xcent AT is very stable at 80-100 Kmph speeds and not once have I felt lack of control in 1200kms so far. Not pushed it beyond 100.
Congratulations on your new car. What was the on road price and how much mileage are you getting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks