Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 09:49   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

I managed to enable Variable Intermittent wipers on my Celerio successfully. For those of you interested in this mod: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...sibilings.html
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 11:33   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I managed to enable Variable Intermittent wipers on my Celerio successfully. For those of you interested in this mod: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...sibilings.html
That's awesome! One small question, do mods like these void the warranty provided by the manufacturer?
Old 31st July 2017, 12:10   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
That's awesome! One small question, do mods like these void the warranty provided by the manufacturer?
Theoretically, it is an electrical modification. Hence it might be a reason for question IF they find out this has been changed. But it will be an issue only if you end up with a problem with the wipers. If that actually happens, I can easily revert it to the original setup within 10-15mins. Since there is no sort of damage to the wiring, mounting etc, if I remove the new switch and put back what was earlier present, no one can even smell a clue of this mod. Thats how it is with all the modifications I have made.

In reality, I have aftermarket Fog lamps from the initial days, as well as a hardwired and mounted dashcam. After that, I have made three warranty claims. Two for the clutch plates and once for the exhaust. Though it was mentioned in one of the service bills that I had this fog lamp setup, there is no such thing as warranty being void. I can safely bet that unless I show off this feature to the SA, they will not even notice that this change has happened.

As long as anything is reversible with no trace of the modification, and that an issue as actually happened due to this modification, no one can deny warranty claims. I can revert my entire car to stock condition within an hour or so. Except that I will have two holes in the position of the fog lights, there will be no clue of any modification done. Hence, I am not worried about warranty being affected.

Lastly, as long as you have a good rapport with the service guys, it wouldnt be an issue even if you made bigger changes, as long as that is not the obvious cause for a problem. You cant fit projectors inside the headlights and then claim warranty for water condensation inside the headlight. I have a good rapport with the service guys all the way till the General Manager and my SA even checked with me to source him a pair of fog lights similar to the one I had. Hence, no worries on the warranty part. I even got them to change my BCM coding to support 4 flashes for the lane change indicator. They were not even aware that such a thing was possible out of their own SDT tool After that, I get to work on the SDT and they watch silently.

Last edited by audioholic : 31st July 2017 at 12:12.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 12:30   #514
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Celerio Limited Edition launched at Rs. 4.46 lakh

Maruti has launched a Limited Edition of the Celerio hatchback at a price of Rs. 4.46 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celeriobanner.jpg

The Limited Edition is available in all the variants of the Celerio in both - AMT and manual transmission variants. The Limited Edition package includes cosmetic add-ons such as door visors, body graphics, side mouldings, chrome accents on the headlights, tail lights and fog lamps and a chrome strip on the boot lid and along lower edges of the windows.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celeriostyle.png

On the inside, the Celerio Limited Edition gets a steering wheel cover and seat covers with quilted pattern on the interior. The car is also equipped with features like rear parking sensors, tissue box in the cup holder and ambient lighting.

The Celerio is powered by a 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. It is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox or an AMT.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 21:09   #515
BHPian

The second service was done a week ago at Nexus 80 feet road off new BEL road. The car went in at 5134 kms on ODO.
Nothing done as the car was as good as the day I bought it. Got the tyres rotated, aligned and balanced. Not much correction required at the camber.

Took it out to Mysore and Coorg over the weekend. The car is finally in its element now with a smooth Suzuki trade mark petrol thrum. Returned a mileage of 18.5km/l with some fast sprints. The car hates to be pushed as always.

Couple of days back observed the coolant had gone below the minimum mark. Got a bottle of Castrol Radicool Heavyduty and poured it with 3 portions of distilled water to 1 portion of coolant. The level is slightly above the max level. Strange the coolant was low and I couldn't find traces of a leak.

The car is always parked out as the Vento occupies the parking space. Need to get the car detailed. Any suggestion to white it up some more ?
Old 5th October 2017, 15:33   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

New Maruti Suzuki Celerio Launched For Rs 415,273. Brand Celerio has clocked sales of over 300,000 units.

Quote:
To mark this occasion, we have launched a new Celerio, which will delight the customers with its modern looks
Quote:
The all-new Celerio meets pedestrian, offset and side impact regulations. Celerio is the 7th model from Maruti Suzuki to meet new car safety norms ahead of its timelines, claims the automaker.

Celerio comes with standard driver-side airbag. It is also packed with driver side seat belt reminder. Passenger air bags and ABS are offered as an optional variant across all trims.
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-11.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th October 2017 at 15:36.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:00   #517

New 2017 celerio looks better.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-screenshot_20171023095252.png  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-screenshot_20171023095300.png  

skn1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:13   #518
BHPian

Re: Service schedule versus Warranty

Requesting a confirmation from other Celerio owners:

As per page 7-3 of the service manual, the service interval specified for Celerio after 10K Kms (or 12 months) is at 20K Kms (or 24 months).
I received a message from Pratham Motors, Bellandur, Bangalore - that my next service is due on Nov 3rd. I had got the last free service done at 10K Kms 3 months ago.

Called the previous service advisor and he said that the general service is due every 5K Kms or three months. I know this is not uncommon.
But I wanted to understand whether not doing the general service from M.A.S.S would void the warranty ? I am even missing the fine print for general service every 5K kms.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:17   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
I had got the last free service done at 10K Kms 3 months ago.

Called the previous service advisor and he said that the general service is due every 5K Kms or three months. I know this is not uncommon.
But I wanted to understand whether not doing the general service from M.A.S.S would void the warranty ? I am even missing the fine print for general service every 5K kms.
I would have given a mouthful if they had told me this. Maybe they are taking innocent customers for a ride. Lets keep this simple, You will have to take your car to the next service when it touches the 20k kms mark, OR in Nine months from now.

As long as that is adhered to, no one will question the warranty. The service intervals are 10k kms or One year whichever is earlier.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:32   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
Requesting a confirmation from other Celerio owners:..
Even I had got a call from Pratham Motors service centre asking when I would be coming for 15K service. I informed them that manual doesn't say so and I got a simple "OK Sir".

Add this to Maruti's recent servicing fiasco and you have another evidence of MSIL's deteriorating service levels.
k88k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:01   #521
BHPian

Hi all

I dont know if this is the right thread to post this question nevertheless posting it because I am a bit confused where to ask.

We have booked a Celerio CNG which unfortunately is delivered without a music system. As we all know buying accessories from Dealer will be atleast 35% costlier we are not fitting it at the showroom but then they want a declaration that if we fit music system outside of dealer then the warranty on vehicle will be void and we will not hold maruti or dealer responsible for the same.

Is this the right thing on their part to do. Arent we used to fitting a lot of other accessories aftermarket?? Is this a new thing or am I being taken for a ride.

Thanks for the help

Mansi
Old 4th November 2017, 15:09   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
they want a declaration that if we fit music system outside of dealer then the warranty on vehicle will be void and we will not hold maruti or dealer responsible for the same.
That's incorrect. Nothing of this sort is required. Pls ask your dealer to send you mail asking for the same in the name of draft template and ask him to also mention the reason in the mail i.e. Warranty will be void.

Once you receive the mail, just forward it to Maruti Customer Care and also provide a note in your mail about what the dealer is asking you.

Then, let the fun begin when Maruti as a company will take this dealer to task.

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:14   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
That's incorrect. Nothing of this sort is required. Pls ask your dealer to send you mail asking for the same in the name of draft template and ask him to also mention the reason in the mail i.e. Warranty will be void.

Once you receive the mail, just forward it to Maruti Customer Care and also provide a note in your mail about what the dealer is asking you.

Then, let the fun begin when Maruti as a company will take this dealer to task.

Cheers
This is the draft that they sent to me for the signature.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-img20171031wa0008-1.jpg  

Old 4th November 2017, 15:21   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

We have booked a Celerio CNG which unfortunately is delivered without a music system. As we all know buying accessories from Dealer will be atleast 35% costlier we are not fitting it at the showroom but then they want a declaration that if we fit music system outside of dealer then the warranty on vehicle will be void and we will not hold maruti or dealer responsible for the same.

Is this the right thing on their part to do. Arent we used to fitting a lot of other accessories aftermarket?? Is this a new thing or am I being taken for a ride.:
Just tell the dealer that you would not be installing a music system for now and finish the deal. Later you can carry on with getting the accessory installed outside. However I am unsure if this is a trick or there is some new directive. Technically yes it is right since in the manufacturer doesn't have to be held responsible if an aftermarket accessory causes any issue. But this is stated and agreed as in the terms of warranty and doesn't need a different document from you. Guess they are trying to scare you.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:30   #525
BHPian

Quote:
This is the draft that they sent to me for the signature.
The draft is pretty clear. Points 1, 2 & 3 do not apply in your case. The para below the three points clearly states that "In case of any damage to the vehicle due to tampering/cutting of electrical wiring while fitting any electrical accessory"

So, as long as you go through a proper accessory dealer, you need not worry. When I had to install a Music system in my Palio way back in 2008, the accessory dealer clearly told me and then showed me the company fitted wiring for power supply for a music system already present. All he had to do was run the speaker wiring along the roof lining till the rear for the car.

I am pretty sure, the Celerio too will have similar connections already in place and hence question of damage will not arise.

Cheers

PS- I still recommend shooting a mail to Maruti Customer care with this draft and ask them to clarify. Somehow, this seems like a draft template made-up by the dealer and not Maruti per say.
pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks