Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 21:31   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post
When we told the issue he told it happens in his car too and it'll be fine by itself as we continue driving.. Confused as to what could be the reason
Perhaps loose horn coupler or corroded contacts. Quite a common problem across the cars in the stable. I had this issue in my SX4 for one horn out of the two. Same issue was there in Paragsachanias Ertiga too. Remove coupler, clean and refit. The issue usually crops up during rainy season when the dirt and corrosion team up.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:56   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Perhaps loose horn coupler or corroded contacts. Quite a common problem across the cars in the stable. I had this issue in my SX4 for one horn out of the two. Same issue was there in Paragsachanias Ertiga too. Remove coupler, clean and refit. The issue usually crops up during rainy season when the dirt and corrosion team up.
Thanks a ton audioholic, that was precisely the issue.

Had taken the car to the service center and the electrician just cleaned the connectors and refitted it the horn is functioning as it is expected too..

Did a short 30 km drive and it seemed all fine..

Thanks,
Nish
Nishith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 00:08   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
My horn stutters during long presses but there have been no horn failures.

Please take it back to the service centre, does it happen during slow turns or only in the beginning of the journey even while driving straight?
Thanks concorde, as I told the issue is fixed after cleaning the connector and refitting it..

I had previously reported this issue to the service center personnel but as luck might have it the horn was functioning flawlessly at that moment and I couldn't replicate the issue

I was facing complete horn failure and this was giving me nightmares as in how to react if a pedestrian suddenly tries to cross the street in front of me or what would happen if the horn fails while I'm overtaking a vehicle.

Adding to all this driving in bangalore traffic especially in the rain without a horn was nothing short of a nightmare.

Now that it's fixed, driving around in peace..

Thanks,
Nish
Old 5th October 2018, 12:47   #559

Mine is Celerio vxi 2015 make. After having got the delivery of the car, I received a call from the Dealer saying that this lot of Celerio has problems with the Air Fliter and so they would need the car for a day to fix it. Since then I have been facing issues with the air filter cover. Had reached out to many authorized service centers, however, they say, it comes with the car when manufactured and it is no way possible to fix it.
Would appreciate if anyone could help/advice what needs to be done.
Old 8th October 2018, 18:30   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
Please take it back to the service centre, does it happen during slow turns or only in the beginning of the journey even while driving straight?
It happens all of a sudden. Though it has not reoccurred since a long time. When my car goes for its servicing I'll ask the SA to get this thing also checked.
Old 14th October 2018, 17:55   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Got delivery of a Blazing Red ZXI AMT (O) Celerio a few days ago. Will be primarily used by my in-laws for short city runs of <20 kms and the occasional longish day trip.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-rio_intro.jpg

After driving it for ~500 kms, I have a few questions
  • Vibrations near left foot - first time that the left foot is resting on the floor, which makes it close to the mechanicals. I do feel a lot of vibrations seeping in especially on uneven surfaces. Is it just me or is the same for most owners?
  • Horn pad - hear a click every time I press the horn pad. Is this expected?
  • When the windows have been raised up all the way, if I continue to hold the button, I can see the door-pad flex. normal?
  • What is the typical F.E that I can expect in bangalore bumper to bumper traffic? 11-11.5 kmpl?
  • Rear wheel well cladding - feels very weird to drive a car without rear wheel well cladding. Does the front cladding fit the rear? any other solutions?

Last edited by procrj : 14th October 2018 at 18:06.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 09:12   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

After driving it for ~500 kms, I have a few questions
  • Vibrations near left foot - first time that the left foot is resting on the floor, which makes it close to the mechanicals. I do feel a lot of vibrations seeping in especially on uneven surfaces. Is it just me or is the same for most owners?
  • Horn pad - hear a click every time I press the horn pad. Is this expected?
  • When the windows have been raised up all the way, if I continue to hold the button, I can see the door-pad flex. normal?
  • What is the typical F.E that I can expect in bangalore bumper to bumper traffic? 11-11.5 kmpl?
  • Rear wheel well cladding - feels very weird to drive a car without rear wheel well cladding. Does the front cladding fit the rear? any other solutions?
Can other owners please provide inputs?
Old 2nd November 2018, 18:03   #563
BHPian

Quote:
All of the above is true. I have a 2016 car and has the same characteristics. The gearbox is getting very jerky and cars done only 14k . The service centre is telling to go for a clutch change. They are telling Whitefield vehicles are having more problems due to bad traffic. Apparently affecting most of the AMT S but celerio is more affected. What kind of testing was done that a car should require a clutch replacement so soon.
Old 2nd November 2018, 18:08   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Jerks and judder in the AMT is the indication that the car has attained maturity.
Quote:
There have been no such vibrations in my car and the engine is super smooth too. Maybe you have to get the wheels balanced.
Old 19th March 2019, 10:41   #565
BHPian

Hey Guys,

We own the 2014 Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT. Recently, a strange issue has popped up. While starting the car, the brake pedal does not travel its whole range. It seems to be stuck at one point, which makes starting the car a bit of a task. However, the travel range is restored once the car is started. What could be the issue?

The car has not been taken out for two months as my dad is out of country and we cannot travel anywhere due to my exams. Is long term parking to blame for the issue?

The car was last serviced two months ago.

Request your help at the earliest!

Regards,
Karthi.stark
Old 19th March 2019, 10:47   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Hey Guys,
. However, the travel range is restored once the car is started. What could be the issue?

The car was last serviced two months ago.
Looks like there is a vacuum leak in the line going to the brake booster which is causing loss of vacuum over a period of time. Usually in my cars after prolonged period of non usage the brake still has some vacuum left which makes the pedal easy to operate. In your case, it seems to be depleting over time. Get the vacuum pipe checked for cracks or leaks and replace them. If that does not solve the problem then it could be a faulty brake booster itself.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:07   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Looks like there is a vacuum leak in the line going to the brake booster which is causing loss of vacuum over a period of time.
If that was the case, then shouldn't the travel range be limited after starting the car as well?

Also, I noticed that every time I switch the car off, the travel range of the pedal seems to increase each time I start the car again. However, no difference is seen in the travel range after starting the car.
Old 19th March 2019, 11:21   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
If that was the case, then shouldn't the travel range be limited after starting the car as well?
If there is a major leak, then the vacuum provided by the engine will be insufficient for the booster to work making the brake pedal hard and limit travel. But when the leak is very minor, the vacuum supplied will be sufficient enough when the engine is running. But once the engine shuts off, the vacuum must be able to sustain for at least a few presses of the pedal. In my Celerio, the brake pedal can be pressed twice with full travel, once with reduced travel and the fourth press is pretty hard. Even after a week of parking, there will still be enough vacuum to press the pedal at least twice.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that every time I switch the car off, the travel range of the pedal seems to increase each time I start the car again. However, no difference is seen in the travel range after starting the car.
Once the engine starts, the travel will be consistent. However, when decelerating in gear, the vacuum created is higher and you will find a slight increase in the ease of pressing pedal.

In the ideal case, the vacuum supplied by the engine at all times will be more than sufficient for the brakes to operate, and with some reserve power left when the engine is shut off. But when there is a leak somewhere, these characteristics will change. The slower the leak, the lesser the immediate symptoms.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 16:08   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Service managers at Maruti showrooms in Calicut confirm that new Celerio is expected to reach showrooms in a month. These will have airbags as standard to be in compliance with vehicle crash norms and will cost approximately Rs 20000 more than current variants.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:26   #570
BANNED

Next-Generation Maruti Celerio Likely To Get 1.2L Petrol Engine From Swift.

Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks