Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 18:52   #586
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

I have a Oct 2019 Celerio VXi AMT and planning to sell it. What price should I expect for it? I think about 4.2 lakhs is reasonable.

Thank you so much.
Old 24th November 2019, 09:50   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
I have a Oct 2019 Celerio VXi AMT and planning to sell it. What price should I expect for it? I think about 4.2 lakhs is reasonable.

Thank you so much.

Did I read this correctly - you are selling your ONE month old car? What happened? (unless it is a typo)
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 17:20   #588
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki launches BS-VI Celerio; priced from Rs 4.41 lakh

All the BS-VI emission norms compliant variants of the hatchback are petrol-powered, informs the homegrown automaker in a release.
Quote:
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki has launched the BS-VI complying Celerio hatchback, at a starting price of Rs Rs 4,41,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Price of the hatchback goes up to Rs 5,67,300 (ex-showroom, Delhi), depending on variants.

The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has produced 5,958 units in December 2019, down from 9,595 units in December 2018. In terms of domestic sales, the automaker sold 5,429 units of the hatchback last month, down from 9,000 units sold in the same month in 2018.

Cumulatively, the hatchback sold 46,275 units in the domestic market between April-December of current fiscal.

The Maruti Suzuki Celerio is powered by a 1.0-litre K10B all-aluminium petrol engine. This three-cylinder engine churns out 67 PS of peak power at 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm of torque at 3,500 rpm. Available with a 5-speed manual gearbox, the engine churns out 23.10 kmpl of mileage.
Source: ET Auto
Old 21st January 2020, 10:07   #589
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki launches BS-VI Celerio; priced from Rs 4.41 lakh

Interestingly, according to Auto Car, the hike is in the range of 15,000/- to 24,000/- ex-showroom Delhi. Nothing seems to have changed mechanically or cosmetically. While the Wagon R 1.0 cost went up only by 8000/- across variants for the BS6 upgrade : post4696288 (Maruti WagonR : Official Review)
styx71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:55   #590
BHPian

Maruti's website updated with latest prices for both Celerio and Celerio-X. Referring to the top end variant, hike seems to be ~ 10,000/-. Wonder from where Auto Car got the info of 15k to 24k hike.
Old 21st January 2020, 10:59   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Did I read this correctly - you are selling your ONE month old car? What happened? (unless it is a typo)
His signature reads Celerio AMT from 2016. So I'm guessing this is a typo.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 13:30   #592
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Celerio S-CNG BS6 launched at Rs. 5.61 lakh

Maruti has launched the Celerio BS6 with a factory-fitted CNG option. It is available in two variants - VXI and VXI (O) priced at Rs. 5,60,900 and Rs. 5,68,000 respectively. The car is also available in a Tour H2 CNG variant which is priced at Rs. 5,36,800 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-image001.jpg

The Celerio S-CNG is powered by a 998cc, 3-cylinder engine that produces 58 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. When running on CNG, the engine develops 78 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. It is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The VXI variant comes with features such as air-conditioning, power steering, power windows, driver airbag, speed alert system and ABS. The VXI (O) gets a passenger airbag, front seat belt pre-tensioners and force limiters and security system.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 06:45   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Celerio with WagonR's MGA Alloys:

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-20200820_064504.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:29   #594
BHPian

Its been 3.5 years since the Celerio became part of our family. 29,960kms later, its still a beautiful utilitarian car to drive around the city and an occasional highway drive.
The car was used very very sparingly since last July 2019 and come 2020, it only made thing worse overall and the car was barely taken out. Despite not using the car for very long (3months) the battery held up well, single crank the car turned on.

My 4 year old being the only rear passenger, there was a lot of food crumbs, wrappers and some toy pieces lodged in the crevices of the car. Also, this monsoon, there was mold accumulation in the car with white patches on the seats and roof. Took it to a nearby detailer to get the car interiors steam cleaned and restored to good condition. Thereafter I parked the car under mid day sun everyday, for a week, that helped clear up most of the moisture in the car and brought back a fresher feeling in the car.
Weirdest thing I observed, the rear bench is not detachable. I had never tried to pull the seat out all these years but I like to have the option to fetch things that slip down the gaps. All my other Maruti's had this feature and I wonder why its not in the Celerio.

In the last 2 months the car is being used for short errands and an occasional highway drive just to let her stretch her legs. The mileage has improved from 11kmpl to 15kmpl now.

Its been over a year since I got the service done The car has barely covered 1500km since my last service. I'm keen to get the oils changed and filters as well.

Overall bodylines, mechanicals and the parts are in good shape with absolutely no signs of wear and tear. The only part I got replaced was the rear hatch handle that broke due to excessive force in closing the lid. I had to warn many people several times not to take it out on the door. The handle does not come body colored and that's the only sore sight on the car. I will get this done in the next service. There is also a small dent on the running board below the front left door I have no clue how I got this one and this is the first dent on the car since its purchase. I will let this be for the time being.

Tires are holding up well with no punctures or cuts till date. With the usage being so low I didn't see the point in changing them to grippier shoes.

I will most certainly get the headlamps upgraded to 100/90 from the Osram Nightvision that I have. Its absolutely dull and doesn't light up anything.

I will be relocating to Bangalore soon and I hope the car will see more miles there.

Overall a reliable tough little hatch that I've really grown to like and really this is a car I recommend anybody who asks my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-img_1421.jpg  

no_boundaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 09:54   #595
BHPian

We started looking looking for an entry level auto / amt hatch for wife as primary user.

Started with S-presso and it is still main contender. Wife also liked Wagon R due to space it offers and look. Celerio was initially kind of third choice as Spresso is Cheapest and convenient and Wagon R is big and better looking among three (plus Santro. Tiago AMT is out of budget)

Now when it comes to Celerio, one advantage of Celerio, I realised just now is due to "old" platform if We go by our official reviews steering and handling may be "relatively" batter compared to others.

Test drives are pending due to current situation but anybody has any insight? Especially compared to current gen Wagon R?
Old 31st January 2021, 13:34   #596
BHPian

Buying a Maruti Celerio - Choice of accessories

Hey everyone. My dad is planning on purchasing a Maruti Celerio ZXi AMT(O) and I had some doubt regarding the accessories I should get from the dealer.

The dealer has included a ₹10,000 amount to the final amount for accessories.

Initially, they had mentioned they would be providing a seat cover, floor mat and a car body cover along with the car. I'm not sure where the miscommunication happened, but me and my dad had assumed these were being provided complimentary.

Today, we had gone to the dealer to submit some paperwork, and when we enquired about the ₹10,000, we were told that certain basic accessories are provided with the car. And we may or may not need all of them, so instead they're giving us the seat cover, floor mat and car body cover.

I'm attaching the accessories they're supposed to provide for the ₹10,000.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-02df7ebc4e8243baafd2a67a9ff094ad.jpeg

My question is, should I go for the accessories displayed in the attached pic or is it a better option to go for the seat cover, floor mat and car body cover?

Personally, I think the accessories given in the picture are the better option, but since this is the first time I'm buying a car, I would love to get the opinion of people with more knowledge regarding these things.
Old 31st January 2021, 13:48   #597
BHPian

Air inflator is useful for highway runs, in case of puncture you can inflate and drive to nearest puncture repair shop.
Mud flaps and floor mats are also necessary.
Door Visors are also useful and MGA quality is good.
Seat covers you can buy later when your original seats wear out, may be after 5 years. Not needed.
Car cover is very tedious to put on and remove. After a week of using it, most people just keep it in boot. So, you may want to avoid that as well.
Some other stuff like God idol, car duster, steering grip or charger etc - you will be able to find wider variety, quality and lower prices outside/online.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 16:42   #598
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a Maruti Celerio - Choice of accessories

They call it essential kit IIRC, that's a widespread practice unfortunately.

If you have already paid and want to get it I would recommend get the seat cover, mats and car cover.

Why ?
- because usually seat covers from the dealer's fit well. Outside is a hit/miss.

- the other listed accesories are mainly vanity stuff except the inflator and door visors but you can get them if needed later on and even from outside as they don't need any special fitting.

Ask the dealer to include the mud flaps or door visors as complimentary. If they don't then a set of 4 mudflaps from MGA cost 295₹ door visors should also be under 1000. But get them from outside for even lower prices.

Get a Jopasu duster and check our polishing and maintenance threads if interested further.

Congrats and Enjoy your new car

Last edited by shancz : 31st January 2021 at 16:46. Reason: concl line
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 19:32   #599
BHPian

Hi All,
I have a Celerio VXI model purchased in December 2015. I have clocked about 65000+kms on the stock tyres. On my last service around 62000 kms, the service advisor gave me a mixed answer that either I can change my tyres immediately or can also go about 5000 kms as he felt except for one tyre, the rest had the potential to go upto 5000 more kms. May I please request some suggestions and experience on which tyres will be good for a change currently. Thank You
Old 9th February 2021, 11:48   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsivj View Post
Hi All,
I have a Celerio VXI model purchased in December 2015. I have clocked about 65000+kms on the stock tyres. On my last service around 62000 kms, the service advisor gave me a mixed answer that either I can change my tyres immediately or can also go about 5000 kms as he felt except for one tyre, the rest had the potential to go upto 5000 more kms. May I please request some suggestions and experience on which tyres will be good for a change currently. Thank You
In Indian conditions, most probably would suggest changing around 50K-55K km or 5 years, whichever comes first.

Your tyres are already old enough that you might start experiencing frequent punctures depending on the type of roads that you traverse...
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed