Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2019, 12:29   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Also, none of the generations of WagonRs produced till now have had an accommodative wheel well that even aftermarket alloys of wider width (5J or more) would fit in right without rubbing the wheel arches on full load unless you get a set of alloys with minimal offset from stock spec rims.

Rim details of current WagonR

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-20191118_122732.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 14:18   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Rim has to be upgraded from the stock 5J to 5.5J (and adds weight too)
This is a big no no to prevent voiding the warranty and is specifically mentioned in the owner's manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Rim details of current WagonR
With stock 5J rims, 175/65R14 should be an easy fit, of course that is subject to wheel arch clearance in the new WagonR. Lower variants of Swift/Dzire (from 2005) come with 5J steel rims with skinny 165/80 R14 tires, & many people over the years have upgraded to 185/70R14 (stock size of first gen Swift/Dzire top variant on 5.5JJ alloy wheels) without any problem in the long run.

Even our ex Punto MJD came with 165/80R14 tires on steel rims & immediately after taking delivery we upgraded to 185/70 R14 tires on the stock steel rims. We did over 100k km before selling the car & never did we face any problem, I believe the stock steel rims were 5J on the Punto.

As to why the rim size is 5.5JJ for first gen Swift/Dzire top variants (with 185/70R14), it has been explained here by Dbhpian Nikhilb2008:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Tyre & Wheel Rim size question:
I have a first gen Dzire (2009) Vxi that came with JK OEM tyres - 165/80R14 tyres and Rim 14 x 5J.

At 40k Km, I changed to Michelin XM2 tyres - 185/70R14 on the same Rim.
However, the Zxi/Zdi of the first gen Dzire came with Rim size 14 x 5½JJ

Will this cause any problem as I did not upgrade the rims ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No. This will not make any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
BTW, why did Maruti use 14 x 5J on the L and V variants of the Dzire but 14 x 5½JJ on the Z variant ? Wondering why they did that if it actually doesn't make a difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Generally alloy wheel manufacturers stick to 5.5jj for 14". It's a default size.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 18th November 2019 at 14:41.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 12:02   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That's how it is in my Alto K10 with AMT! Then Maruti has implemented the software in different ways in different cars over time. If the gear stick is moved (except between M & D) without brake pressed - it makes a beep-beep-beep-beep & shows alert in the little MID
For me its quite a regular practice to switch from 2 to N when approaching a signal and sometimes check for tyre/road noise by shifting from higher gears to neutral. When the car is in motion, it also engages back to the appropriate gear without pressing brake. So I have done this many times on the highway for short durations to check for some abnormal noises. While re engaging gear, the beeps occur when car moves, but the transmission does shift.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 13:13   #109
BHPian

BS6 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0 priced from Rs 4.42 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced the BS6-compliant version of the Wagon R 1.0. Priced between Rs 4.42-5.41 lakh, the BS6-spec model costs about Rs 8,000 more than the BS4 Wagon R 1.0. The table below has the details:

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-screenshot_20191120134206_chrome.jpg

Mechanically, the BS6 Maruti BS6 Wagon R 1.0 is identical to the BS4 model and comes with the same 5-speed manual and 5-speed AMT gearbox options. The upgrade to BS6-spec has seen the ARAI-rated fuel-efficiency figures drop by 0.71kpl, from 22.5kpl to 21.79kpl.

Source
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 10:00   #110

Hey Guys,
Need to desperately get the cloth seat covers (grey/black combo) replaced of my 2015 Wagon-R with new ones, can someone please guide me. I'm in Bombay.
Thanks in Advance
Old 29th November 2019, 10:59   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced the BS6-compliant version of the Wagon R 1.0. Priced between Rs 4.42-5.41 lakh, the BS6-spec model costs about Rs 8,000 more than the BS4 Wagon R 1.0. The table below has the details:
Looking at the miniscule price difference between petrol BS4 & BS6, I believe petrol buyers must stress on buying BS6 engines only, or hold off purchases because of expected discounts on BS4 models.

On the other hand, the diesel engine game is different, and it will be interesting to see who wins, will the companies offer huge discounts to get the product off the shelf, or will they steadily deplete their inventory and risk some low sales months in Feb & March 2020.
Old 14th February 2020, 11:27   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki launches BS-VI compliant WagonR S-CNG, priced from Rs 5.25 lakh

The Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG BS-VI model will offer a mileage of 32.52 km/kg.

Quote:
BS-VI compliant variant of WagonR S-CNG start at a price of Rs 5.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Available in Lxi and Lxi (O) variant options, the hatchback is priced up to Rs 5.32 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th February 2020 at 11:29.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:46   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki launches BS-VI compliant WagonR S-CNG, priced from Rs 5.25 lakh
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG BS-VI model will offer a mileage of 32.52 km/kg.
The difference in Pune OTR price between LXi(O) Petrol and LXi(O) CNG is a whopping 70K INR. That's almost the difference between petrol and diesel hatchbacks a few years ago (agreed maybe 10-20k less). Will the CNG benefit be justified with the K10 WagonR for such a price premium? Or the already fuel efficient petrol version with a usable boot space makes more sense?

I suspect fleet operators will pick the CNG one in larger proportion compared to private owners.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:52   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I suspect fleet operators will pick the CNG one in larger proportion compared to private owners.
In GJ and MH, I have come across more CNG WagonRs owned privately too. Quite evident when you pass by CNG stations dotted on Mumbai Ahmedabad highway where you see cars queuing up to refill at these stations and there are of course many WagonRs.

So yes, takers for CNG version even for that premium would still be there considering the potential saving the owner would make over a long term.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 13:06   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In GJ and MH, I have come across more CNG WagonRs owned privately too. Quite evident when you pass by CNG stations dotted on Mumbai Ahmedabad highway where you see cars queuing up to refill at these stations and there are of course many WagonRs.
So yes, takers for CNG version even for that premium would still be there considering the potential saving the owner would make over a long term.
New or the old one? In the old version, the difference in price wasn't this big I think. And indeed a lot opted for CNG in MH metros. The new one I'm not sure. Overall private owners off late seem to pick up petrol cars over diesel and CNG for the ease of use & available boot space. My own cousin & uncle both had CNG cars (WagonR green & Indica eMax) Both eventually shifted to petrol (Jazz/Tiago). The lower power, unavailable boot space & frustrating hours spent in CNG station queues pushed them away.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th February 2020 at 13:14.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 13:10   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
New or the old one? In the old version, the difference wasn't this big I think. And indeed a lot opted for CNG in MH metros. The new one I'm not sure. Overall private owners off late seem to pick up petrol cars over diesel and CNG for the ease of use & available boot space. My own cousin & uncle both had CNG cars (Indica eMax & WagonR green) Both eventually shifted to petrol (Tiago/Jazz). The lower power, unavailable boot space & frustrating hours spent in CNG station queues pushed them away.
Not new one obviously. I was referring to the old ones. What I was trying to imply is that despite of the gap in pricing, there will still be takers for such cars in the segment because of the buyer base and mindsets. I see more CNG Ertigas in Mumbai than Petrol or Diesels although that is a different segment the compare here.

I agree with the waiting times at CNG pumps due to which my attention would easily get grabbed seeing beeline of cars waiting to fill up but it still surprised me so see acceptance for this alternate fuel.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:23   #117
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing aftermarket touchscreen infotainment system (with a reverse camera) yet. If so, do the alerts (low fuel, seat belt, reverse sensor) continue to display without issues on the infotainment. And what happens in case of, let's say, car is in reverse and there is low fuel alert as well - how does this get displayed on the aftermarket infotainment.
Old 12th August 2020, 16:20   #118
BHPian

I am contemplating an automatic hatch to replace my Alto 2011 LX. Wagon R 1.0 Vxi(O) AGS and Celerio Zxi AGS(O) are the main contenders. Does it still make sense to go for Celerio now that a face lift is expected in next 6 months? My wife does not like the shape of Wagon R and hence wants to opt for Celerio but I like the overall space and practicality of Wagon R.

Am also interested to know whether Celerio still has a better NVH package compared to Wagon R? I would prefer a silent car anyday.
Old 16th August 2020, 09:56   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
I am contemplating an automatic hatch to replace my Alto 2011 LX. Wagon R 1.0 Vxi(O) AGS and Celerio Zxi AGS.
Why 1.0 Wagon R ?
The 1.2 variant is perfectly mated with AMT.
1.0 is ok for Celerio but certainly underpowered for Wagon R resulting in the AMT shifting gears frequently.

I sold my Celerio AMT and got a Wagon R 1.2 Won’t be going back to Celerio even though Wagon R has these negatives ...

1) Engine revs (not vibration) can be heard in the cabin but only in 1st and 2nd gear. Celerio was quieter.

2) A/c at fan speed 2, takes 5 minutes more to cool the cabin. Celerio managed it at fan speed 1. Also fan speed 2 adds to the noise in cabin

3) Washing and cleaning the car takes double the time due to sheer size and height of the car

You won’t go wrong with either, after all it’s a Suzuki
Chewbacca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 15:03   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
I am contemplating an automatic hatch to replace my Alto 2011 LX. Wagon R 1.0 Vxi(O) AGS and Celerio Zxi AGS(O) are the main contenders. Does it still make sense to go for Celerio now that a face lift is expected in next 6 months? My wife does not like the shape of Wagon R and hence wants to opt for Celerio but I like the overall space and practicality of Wagon R.

Am also interested to know whether Celerio still has a better NVH package compared to Wagon R? I would prefer a silent car anyday.
We have a WagonR 1.2 AMT in the family. I have driven 9000 KMs on it. It is quite big compared to Celerio. Very easy to get in and get out. Spacious and good for city. I move to Manual mode in highways while overtaking.

But the mileage it never gave me above 13 KMPL. Want to hear from other Bhpians here.

In my father’s Dzire AMT, I mostly drive it or the same 2 call drivers and we get 16+. I think the engines are same so the boxy look of WagonR creates more air resistance reducing mileage.

NVH I felt Celerio better because we test drove Celerio, Amaze and Dzire when we picked up Dzire in Dec 2019.
Ananthang is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks