Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 14:40   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
4. AMT disguises the character of 1.2 engine. Felt a similar feeling in Ignis. Tuning of 1.2 with AMT is better in Dzire.
Congratulations on your new drive.

Me too felt the same about the AMT but after the 3rd free service it seems perfectly tuned now. Wonder if they tune the ECU to make that difference felt ?
Chewbacca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 01:48   #137
Senior - BHPian

Booked 28Dec but delivered 10Jan with 2021 registration and plates my 1.2 Vxi L below. The best feature of this car is the engine followed by the design which has grown on me. What is unforgivable is the low grade plastic in the dash/center console and radio sound quality. My 2011 Wagon R VXi dash looks more upmarket than in the current model. Well atleast Maruti sells a near nice car for 5.9lacs on road that looks credible. atleast.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-008.jpg  

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-010.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 12th January 2021 at 01:49.
nickatnite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 19:30   #138

Many Congratulations on the new Car. I own a 2019 model ZXi AMT version. It is a superb car especially for our crowded Indian roads.

Not sure why your mileage is just 9 kmpl, but I got close to 22 kmpl on my drive to Coorg from Bangalore which quite a hilly kind of drive. The distance was around 500 km to and fro and we used at least 50% of the time. We were 3 people in the car with as much luggage.

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd January 2021 at 20:13. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 1st February 2021, 13:36   #139
BHPian

Driven my Wagon R 1.2 Vxi(O) AMT for 500kms now with almost entire driving in city. Below are some observations.

1. Steering. Weirdest feeling ever. My Alto's non power steering had more character. This one is not even light and does take some effort to turn. It just holds the line and you got to keep correcting it which again takes effort.
2. Great engine. AMT disguises it character though. I can feel that engine has enough grunt to shift to 3rd but it holds onto 2nd for more duration than I would expect. Similarly it can easily potter around in 4th at around 35 to 40 but AMT keeps upshifting and downshifting to 3rd and 4th strictly based on speed. This annoys me but I think will get used to it.
3. I got to test its AMT in very challenging situations with worst traffic, full load and baddest of roads but there were no surprises or stutters anywhere. Maruti has sorted out most AMT issues I guess. On bridges there was no need for handbrake. Quickly moving from brake to A pedal does the trick. Steep slopes would need a handbrake. Also need to test how it performs from a standstill on a steep slope.
3. Soft suspension. Perfect for city commutes. Keeps everybody happy.
4. Super spacious with humongous legroom at backseat.
5. Visibility from driver seat is good but not better than Alto.
6. Foot well is not deep due to which the knees bend more. Added to that the brake and A pedal are a bit higher and as a result the ergonomics is not per my expectations. I have started to use a wooden board of around 2 inch thickness to counter this. Though the board is heavy and hardly moves but still is a risk and I need to find a solution to fix it permanently so that it doesn’t move at all.
7. NVH is poor. Maruti could have done better with that superb engine under the hood.
8. Doors and overall build is better than my outgoing Alto but a small nudge is all it takes for the body to dent. I knew what I am getting into so not complaining.
9. Getting a good 16.7 kmpl in Delhi. No highway drives yet.
10. A below average infotainment system with weak speakers and that too only in front. Does sound better with some equalizer adjustments. Bass setting should not be set to high at all.
11. Weak horn and its placement is also not right. I need to lift my hands up from my regular position of holding the steering and then press horn. It’s also a bit stiff.

In the end I would also like to share a realization that I am having lately. Maybe it’s due to me getting older, or maybe joining TBHP, or falling standards of car companies, or having so much information available nowadays but I felt that I did not enjoy my recent 2 car purchases as much as my previous 3. I have been super critical of small things which I never used to think about earlier. Now that I recollect I had some glaring issues in my earlier cars too but I just happened to ignore those and enjoy the drives. Maybe my last 3 cars were just too perfect for me.
Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 14:46   #140
Senior - BHPian

4 month waiting for Wagon R AMT !!

My In-Laws has booked Wagon R Zxi AMT 4 months ago with dealer in Pune (Chowgule Industries) and dealer still don't have any clue on when car will be delivered. SA is still not committing any date for delivery. Is there so much waiting for AMT? Has any other T-BHPian heard about so much delay anywhere in India? Now I doubt that dealer is cheating us and he must have given our car to somebody else.

Can anyone else facing such issue? What can we do now for faster delivery? Contacting Maruti will help in this case? Please confirm.
aniketi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 14:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4 month waiting for Wagon R AMT !!

Try writing an email to their customer relations. From what I see, the AMT in Wagon R doesn't have a great demand, that could be one reason for the waiting period. But please speak to someone above them, that is only when the issue gets highlighted. In case someone is complacent at any level, it will be fixed. I faced a similar issue with my XUV300 delivery, had to make some calls and be patient, got the job done in 2 weeks time. Get the exact reason for delay on email and a tentative delivery date. Best of luck!
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:13   #142
BHPian

When I booked my car from Nexa, the dealer called up the inventory guy at the manufacturing plant who gave him the list of color options and variants available for my model and expected delivery time.

The senior sales manager can definitely do this. If they don't, move to another dealer.
RavSam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 12:53   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
My In-Laws has booked Wagon R Zxi AMT 4 months ago with dealer in Pune (Chowgule Industries) and dealer still don't have any clue on when car will be delivered. SA is still not committing any date for delivery. Is there so much waiting for AMT? Has any other T-BHPian heard about so much delay anywhere in India? Now I doubt that dealer is cheating us and he must have given our car to somebody else.

Can anyone else facing such issue? What can we do now for faster delivery? Contacting Maruti will help in this case? Please confirm.
I booked mine on Dec 18th and dealer didn't have Vxi AMT in stock. He put a request with Maruti plant and I got a VIN allocated by Dec 23rd. Car was at dealer stockyard by Dec 25th where I did PDI. Car billed to dealer on Dec 23rd so it was indeed fresh out of oven . I am surprised to see such a delay in your case. Due to farmer agitation for past 2.5 months NH8 and various other Delhi borders have been blocked and hence its possible that the trucks are not able to move out for deliveries to your state.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:28   #144
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Query for a friend:
How are the Wagon R AMT variants doing ? Are all the issues generally seen with AMT's on smaller cars (Maruti, Hyundai have all had their share) been sorted now ?
Also, what are the additional features one gets on the 1.2L ZXI Vs VXI(O) ?

For comparison/cross shopping, how is the AMT experience with the Ignis ? When compared to the Wagon R 1.2 is it worth the shift to Ignis ?

*Is the K12B engine on Wagon R same as the 1.2VVT on the Ignis (with a different level of tune) ?

Last edited by NPV : 6th April 2021 at 20:29.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 23:17   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Query for a friend:
How are the Wagon R AMT variants doing ? Are all the issues generally seen with AMT's on smaller cars (Maruti, Hyundai have all had their share) been sorted now ?
It depends heavily on what you consider an "issue" with AMT. If its the head-nod / sudden pulses/flat spots depending on throttle position etc - then they continue.
Quote:
Also, what are the additional features one gets on the 1.2L ZXI Vs VXI(O) ?
I think the best bet for your friend to get a crystal clear answer for this query is page number 5 at THIS LOCATION
Quote:
For comparison/cross shopping, how is the AMT experience with the Ignis ? When compared to the Wagon R 1.2 is it worth the shift to Ignis ?
My cousin drives an Ignis AMT. Actual driving experience in the engine and transmission behaviour is pretty much identical. The differentiator is how the car behaves, feels & handles. I'd pick the Ignis over the WagonR any day (and night!) presuming I have the budget available.
Quote:
*Is the K12B engine on Wagon R same as the 1.2VVT on the Ignis (with a different level of tune) ?
Identical engine. Exact same tune of power & torque also. No difference at all in specifications.

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th April 2021 at 23:19.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 07:47   #146
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It depends heavily on what you consider an "issue" with AMT. If its the head-nod / sudden pulses/flat spots depending on throttle position etc - then they continue.

I think the best bet for your friend to get a crystal clear answer for this query is page number 5 at THIS LOCATION
Thanks so much

The slow gear shift responses in bumper to bumper traffic, judder and clutch issues that I've read about so much on the forum make me go away from the AMT on smaller cars so I'm not so inclined on recommending them to my friend. I think I will ask him to pick between the Wagon R VXI/ZXI and if he has the budget, then Ignis Zeta/Alpha (all MT).

*In the brochure, I don't see VXI (O), so I guess it's not available anymore since both front airbags are now mandatory ?
Old 7th April 2021, 09:16   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much

The slow gear shift responses in bumper to bumper traffic, judder and clutch issues that I've read about so much on the forum make me go away from the AMT on smaller cars so I'm not so inclined on recommending them to my friend. I think I will ask him to pick between the Wagon R VXI/ZXI and if he has the budget, then Ignis Zeta/Alpha (all MT).

*In the brochure, I don't see VXI (O), so I guess it's not available anymore since both front airbags are now mandatory ?
I test drove Wagon R and Ignis back to back and was not much impressed with Ignis in most aspects except seats. Ignis was rattling like hell and suspension was stiff for my liking. But then thats just me as most people on this forum swear by Ignis.

The AMT seems sorted for later generation Maruti cars atleast. With a huge demand am sure company must have realised that doing warranty replacements for so many cars would be much costlier than fixing this technology. This was my primary reason for finalising Maruti AMT rather than Hyundai. I would say that you can safely recommend a Maruti AMT nowadays.

Regarding the headnod effect, if you master the art of releasing the A pedal at precise intervals then its just not there. Of all things that I am not happy with my Wagon R AMT, the head nod effect is the last on my list. I am light footed too so that also helps.

Lastly, the VXI(O) model would no longer exist as it only had passenger airbag and sealbelt pretensioner extra which should come standard in Vxi now. Vxi and Zxi do have noteworthy differences though which are worth that extra moolah in my opinion.

And did I mention that the1.2 engine is pure love??
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 20:36   #148
BHPian

Looks like Maruti has silently updated the LXI CNG model of the WagonR. Earlier, you could get the LXI CNG model in only 3 colors- White, Gray and Silver. They have now also introduced the Blue, Orange and Brown colours to this variant:
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-screenshot_20210428202637_chrome.jpg
Source: Maruti's official website.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 08:27   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R emerged as India's best-selling car for the first time in 2021!

It outsold the likes of Swift, Alto, and Baleno to become the No.1 Car in April 2021.

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:00   #150
BHPian

There are lot of posts on teambhp where huge damages have been incurred by car owners of Hyundai, VAG and other manufacturers due to breaking of timing chain. Did not see timing chain replacement in the service manual of Wagon R. Does that mean it lasts a lifetime and there is no need for its replacement?

If I remember correctly none of my previous Maruti cars(M800, Alto and Dzire diesel) had timing chain replacement in their service manual.

Last edited by Maverick Avi : 22nd June 2021 at 13:01. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks