Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 18:07   #916
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
an interesting image on TAI forum, thought of sharing. Copyright respective owners.

50 Tata Zests being delivered on first day of Navratri.

Cool ! great view

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Congrats @mushy876 great color!

My dealer says I can take delivery tomorrow but will be on TC number, the RTO number will come only on Monday.

Is that a problem to be using when driving around during the weekend in Mumbai? What do the rules say?
you can move around but please do try to go out of city , this may attract fine upto best of my knowledge

Last edited by thunder : 26th September 2014 at 18:12.
Old 27th September 2014, 09:45   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
You will need a Form19 which will be provided to you by the dealer. The problem is that every time you head out with the car, you will need to fill this form with the in and out time as well as mention your driving number on it. While it may not be a problem for intra-city travel, be prepared to be checked by cops who might stop you seeing your new car with a red/ temp number plate
Thanks. Dealer has informed me this morning that I can take my Zest, but will be on a TC number. Permanent number will come only on Monday.

But he says I can NOT drive around on the TC number as its meant only for dealers & employees.

I guess I better go down to the nearest traffic police station & ask them to confirm. A google search revealed this, that driving on TC is not allowed:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/7967468.cms

Last edited by gsurya : 27th September 2014 at 09:53.
Old 27th September 2014, 12:50   #918
BHPian

Finally I got my xms yesterday but with TC number, probably I will get registration number by today or by tomorrow , however high security number plate will take another 5 days
Old 27th September 2014, 13:17   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Dealer has informed me this morning that I can take my Zest, but will be on a TC number. Permanent number will come only on Monday.

But he says I can NOT drive around on the TC number as its meant only for dealers & employees.

I guess I better go down to the nearest traffic police station & ask them to confirm. A google search revealed this, that driving on TC is not allowed:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/7967468.cms
Is it a red plate? If yes, then it is meant for in transit vehicles before sale.
Old 27th September 2014, 13:58   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Finally I got my xms yesterday but with TC number, probably I will get registration number by today or by tomorrow , however high security number plate will take another 5 days
Great! You are allowed to drive with TC number? Did you get a Form - 19 for use until you get the registration?

I am in the same dilemma whether to take delivery of my XT today on TC or not. Dealer says I cannot use it anyway on TC, will get number only on Monday.
Old 27th September 2014, 14:02   #921
Senior - BHPian

What I know is that there is a temporary registration that the dealer obtains for the owner & for which the dealer takes owner's ID proof. This registration is in the owner's name, not in dealer's name. It is valid for one month only. The owner must obtain regular registration within this period.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 14:59   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Great! You are allowed to drive with TC number? Did you get a Form - 19 for use until you get the registration?

I am in the same dilemma whether to take delivery of my XT today on TC or not. Dealer says I cannot use it anyway on TC, will get number only on Monday.
Nope , I didn't get it however I got the call few mins back and they were asking for a number of choice (from given options ) and now confirmed that registration has been done . Now I need to look for accessories. Yesterday I only got mud flap and apart from that there was no accessory was available for Zest ... oh yes anti rust coating is also done
Old 27th September 2014, 15:11   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
What I know is that there is a temporary registration that the dealer obtains for the owner & for which the dealer takes owner's ID proof. This registration is in the owner's name, not in dealer's name. It is valid for one month only. The owner must obtain regular registration within this period.
This is TR registration, not TC. TR is a regular temporary registration which can be used by the owner.

TC is far more restrictive & to be used only by dealer; but can be used by owner for 1 week providing he has Form-19 filled up by dealer for each day. But these rules are not so clear to every traffic policeman & you can be pulled up and harassed any time.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 20:21   #924
BHPian

All right guys!

Here's the news...getting the delivery tomorrow. The process of test drive till completing the bank (SBI) formalities has n]been a breeze. I'm a little scared as it is still from the TATA stable. Ans most importantly, it has been a quick delivery! Not even 15 days post booking.

I have booked the silver and plan to get the roof painted in black gloss as soon as I get the delivery. A `1500 watt RMS setup, a couple of HIDs and I'm done for 5 years

Also, can someone link me to the PDI check-list thread please?
Old 27th September 2014, 20:49   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
I am not sure about this but dealer told me that I can roam within city without any issue.
Old 28th September 2014, 00:27   #926
BHPian

Brilliant day.

Took delivery of the car, was kept in clean polished condition, decorated by dealer. Was the first XT delivered by his outlet out of only 8 Zests delivered so far from this showroom. Expects 20-25 more to be delivered by next weekend. But said Tata has already garnered 25K bookings nationwide for it!

Gave me mudflaps & mats free, no other accessories available as of now. Very good process of delivery, PDI checklist, phone call to sign up with Tata support etc. Will write in ownership thread.

Then took car out directly from showroom for an 80 km spin, what a beautiful engine. This is possibly the best petrol engine on the market today, even the Polo TSi 1.2 I have tested didnt feel this silent & smooth, touch wood.

Kept my speed below 50 kmph & avoided flooring the pedal but its so tempting Will take it out for some more tomorrow & try to finish the ownership review.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-009.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-011.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-012.jpg  

gsurya is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 00:42   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Now I need to look for accessories. Yesterday I only got mud flap and apart from that there was no accessory was available for Zest ... oh yes anti rust coating is also done
Even at my dealer only mud flaps & rubber mats had arrived - I got these for free. He also had some neck rests & cushions that didnt appeal to me.

Rest of the accessories should come in a week or two. Why did you need rust coating to be done on a brand new car? This is already done by the manufacturer, you need one only after an year.
Old 28th September 2014, 04:16   #928
BHPian

Congratulations for getting your Zest delivered. Hope you have a very happy and trouble free experience. I was being offered a white XT with immediate delivery but didn't opt for it. Have given Red and Silver as the color preferences.

Quote:
Even at my dealer only mud flaps & rubber mats had arrived - I got these for free.
Did you check the invoice for an 'accessories pack' for 2300rs as it was by default included in the cost breakdown sheet. It includes the floor mats and the mud flaps and a car perfume. Are the floor mats the same as shown in the review with Zest written on them in red? That looked good.

Can anyone check if the front wheels are covered properly? There has been a complain I read on facebook, that the front wheels are not covered properly resulting in dirt and mud being thrown inside the engine bay, soiling it a lot. This could be a design flaw and might cause problems if not taken care.
Old 28th September 2014, 08:47   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Even at my dealer only mud flaps & rubber mats had arrived - I got these for free. He also had some neck rests & cushions that didnt appeal to me.

Rest of the accessories should come in a week or two. Why did you need rust coating to be done on a brand new car? This is already done by the manufacturer, you need one only after an year.
Fist congrats for your new car

Oh, probably my dealer's mistake since I asked him and he said anti-rust is not done by manufacturer. I will enquire him again for sake of posting the info here for everyone getting new ZEST.
In case suppose if it is not done by TATA then it's worth to do it at beginning. Also for a Diesel it provide a bit further sound dampening (not a strong reason since Zest NVH level are good ).
Old 28th September 2014, 09:16   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh_66328 View Post
Did you check the invoice for an 'accessories pack' for 2300rs as it was by default included in the cost breakdown sheet. It includes the floor mats and the mud flaps and a car perfume. Are the floor mats the same as shown in the review with Zest written on them in red? That looked good.

Can anyone check if the front wheels are covered properly? There has been a complain I read on facebook, that the front wheels are not covered properly resulting in dirt and mud being thrown inside the engine bay, soiling it a lot. This could be a design flaw and might cause problems if not taken care.
No, I didnt take the accessories pack. I took the rubber mats instead of the Zest carpet as I intend to anyway go for 3D mats after a while. I felt the rubber mats hold up to dirt & washing better. In any case, the Zest carpet was also not available in stock so I had have something for delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks