Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 11:45   #2971

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hello everyone,

I own an April 2016 Elite i20 Asta (O) without Android Auto, just the default Hyundai navigation system. I've read about a Hyundai update enabling Android Auto. Can I do it myself by downloading the update online and flashing it with a USB, or should I visit the service center? Appreciate your insights!
Old 1st December 2023, 21:01   #2972
BHPian

Hi,

I also own an Elite i20 Asta (O) bought in March 2016, AFAIK if the default navigation system is SD card type there's no option to enable Android Auto/Apple Carplay.

If the navigation system is nand type then there's a way to enable Android Auto via an update through USB.

Attaching a photo below of nand type AVN which supports Android Auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20161812143821.jpeg  

NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 00:51   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdxb View Post
Hello everyone,

I own an April 2016 Elite i20 Asta (O) without Android Auto, just the default Hyundai navigation system. I've read about a Hyundai update enabling Android Auto. Can I do it myself by downloading the update online and flashing it with a USB, or should I visit the service center? Appreciate your insights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Hi,

I also own an Elite i20 Asta (O) bought in March 2016, AFAIK if the default navigation system is SD card type there's no option to enable Android Auto/Apple Carplay.
Guys, mine is a 2017 Active SX(O) petrol, I have the exact same layout on the console and exact same set of buttons as yours. Back in sometime around 2018 or 2019, my dealership called me and said that they would do an "upgrade" on my existing AVN and then it will have Android auto enabled. However, the charge would be around 6500 INR.

Then a quick google search led me to Hyundai US website and there was a complete set of steps written out which stated that this "upgrade" is completely DIY as well. IIRC, all we had to do was install some app in laptop and connect it to the car via USB and it'll OTA update it. I think it was somewhere around 2GB and took almost one whole day. However, I had to keep my car in ignition on the whole time , still cheaper than 6500 INR.

Currently, my car has both android auto and inbuilt navigation (can be seen in pic).

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231221-00.43.41.jpeg

This pic is from 2023.

Cheers, NA
na_agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 15:10   #2974

Guys, need some advice. I recently bought a pre-owned Hyundai Elite i20 Magna model from 2020.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i20.jpg

I am planning to change the stock horn; am interested in the horns typically found in VAG vehicles. They emit a sound which is a little deeper and less sharp.

Any suggestions on which product would be suitable? My budget is around INR 1.5k for this upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th January 2024, 22:55   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSport View Post
Any suggestions on which product would be suitable? My budget is around INR 1.5k for this upgrade.
Congratulations on the new purchase, if you want to go for the plug-and-play route without any sort of modifications to your stock wiring you can go for OE creta horns but they'll cost under Rs.3000 & if you want something around Rs.1500 you can have a look at hella trumpet horns which comes in few different models For ex - black and chrome etc.
NA-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:38   #2976

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase, if you want to go for the plug-and-play route without any sort of modifications to your stock wiring you can go for OE creta horns but they'll cost under Rs.3000 & if you want something around Rs.1500 you can have a look at hella trumpet horns which comes in few different models For ex - black and chrome etc.
Thanks mate for the inputs willl check out the Hella Trumpet.
Old 9th January 2024, 02:31   #2977
BHPian

Hello Fellow Auto enthusiasts!

I'm selling my loved and cared for Elite i20, its a gem. Trust me. I've looked after the car so much that it looks as good as new. If you are interested in, please go take a look at my ad in the classifieds.

People are selling used cars with almost 40k mileage for the same price.

I would love to hand this car over to another enthusiast who will take care of it like I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1054.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1055.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1056.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1057.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1058.jpg  

Old 14th January 2024, 00:42   #2978
BHPian

Please ignore this post, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5695668 (Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review)

my apologies, this is no longer available and I am unable to delete the post either. Mods, if you can help me please. Thank you!
Old 16th March 2024, 13:52   #2979

Hello BHPians,

Tire Upgrade Advice Needed for 2015 Elite i20 ASTA 1.2 @ 13,000 kms

I have a 2015 Elite i20 ASTA 1.2 that has clocked around 13,000 kms so far, but I rarely use the car these days. The current Goodyear 195/55 R16 tires are getting old, so I'm planning to upgrade a pair of them even though the tread depth is still decent. My primary usage is city driving with some occasional highway trips. Key requirements are good grip, ride comfort, fuel efficiency, and longevity of the new set of tires.

Given my limited usage, I'm looking for tires that strike the right balance between performance, comfort, and value for money. I would greatly appreciate recommendations from fellow BHPians on the ideal tire make/model for my use case. Should I stick to the stock OEM tire size or consider a different sizing/aspect ratio? And should the new tires be installed on the front or rear wheels?
Looking forward to your expert guidance on getting the right rubber for my ride. Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
RM
Old 16th March 2024, 14:18   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm606 View Post
Hello BHPians,

Tire Upgrade Advice Needed for 2015 Elite i20 ASTA 1.2 @ 13,000 kms

I have a 2015 Elite i20 ASTA 1.2 that has clocked around 13,000 kms so far, but I rarely use the car these days. The current Goodyear 195/55 R16 tires are getting old, so I'm planning to upgrade a pair of them even though the tread depth is still decent. My primary usage is city driving with some occasional highway trips. Key requirements are good grip, ride comfort, fuel efficiency, and longevity of the new set of tires.
I recently swapped the stock Ceat Securas to Conti UC6 on a 2024 i20. The only difference I find is in the improved grip, it sticks! Comfort remains unchanged. Probably a 60 wall height may help to soften the blow.

MRF Perfinza has favourable reviews, as good as Michelin, for a lesser cost. Worth exploring.

Last edited by ruskinash : 16th March 2024 at 14:24.
ruskinash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 11:43   #2981

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined TBHP and am looking for answers on EPS Failure on the Elite i20. I have a 2016 Sportz model that has just clocked over 85k KM's on the odometer.

I had a similar issue in the past back during the initial COVID-19 outbreak and the lockdown. Since the car hadn't been switched on, it was lying idle for a good 2-3 months. The car started without any hassles but the "steering wheel icon" started flashing intermittently and the steering got very stiff (reminded me of the prime Padmini NE steering). A quick check at the authorized repair center brought out an error code showcasing EPS Motor failure. The odometer was at around 55k KM's then. Since offices were just starting back, I didn't think much of it and followed the directions given by the service outlet to change the motor itself.

Cue 3 years and 30k KM's later, I find myself in the same situation again. The "steering wheel icon" flashes intermittently at times and the steering stiffens up. The only workaround I could find was to switch off and then switch on the car again. The problem persisted for another 2 days before I decided to get it checked, and voila! It's the same EPS Motor failure again.

Questions to fellow BHPians:

a. Has anyone else faced this issue with their model? I have never faced this issue with any of the other cars that I currently own or used before.

b. Any reason why it has happened (again!)? Probable causes?

I could assume that the first failure could be due to negligence at my end. But the second failure is baffling.
Old 18th March 2024, 12:05   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittleRabbit View Post
a. Has anyone else faced this issue with their model? I have never faced this issue with any of the other cars that I currently own or used before.

b. Any reason why it has happened (again!)? Probable causes?

I could assume that the first failure could be due to negligence at my end. But the second failure is baffling.
A. Many people having i20 had the same problem post covid where the EPS started acting up. My 2014 i20 (1st gen FL) also had its EPS module changed after covid at 80k km. Right now I'm at 160k km and the steering is fine.

B. The only reason i could think that this issue has cropped up again is if the EPS module wasn't programmed after installation. Another bhpian had the same problem and had reported the same.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:10   #2983

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post

B. The only reason i could think that this issue has cropped up again is if the EPS module wasn't programmed after installation. Another bhpian had the same problem and had reported the same.
Thanks for the input. Weirdly, lightning has struck me twice with the same issue. The car has been otherwise perfect in terms of running and maintenance. I'm however planning to switch it with the new verna. One thing I noticed was that the EPS module had the Hyundai + Kia logos together. Curious whether our cousins over there have run into the same problem as well
BrittleRabbit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 00:00   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm606 View Post
I'm planning to upgrade a pair of them even though the tread depth is still decent.
Ideally, you should change all four tyres because they're almost 9 years old now and it's not safe to use a tyre that is more than 5-6 years old regardless of the usage.

Quote:
Given my limited usage, I'm looking for tires that strike the right balance between performance, comfort, and value for money.
Seeing how low your car usage is you should prioritize the VFM factor over the other factors because there's no point in spending huge money on premium tyres like Michelin P4ST, Continental UC6, MRF Perfinza etc if they end up dry rotting due to low usage.

Quote:
Should I stick to the stock OEM tire size or consider a different sizing/aspect ratio?
If the stock size isn't giving you any trouble like a harsh ride you should stick with the stock size cause any upsizing will cause wrong speedometer reading.

Quote:
And should the new tires be installed on the front or rear wheels?
Being a FWD car you should put the new tyres on the front wheels.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 21:27   #2985

I've upsized my 2017 Asta (O) Petrol's tyres after 7 years and 40000km of running. Two of the tyres had multiple punctures in the same location and just couldn't take it anymore.

Went from stock Bridgestone B250 195/55 R16 to Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 205/55 R16

This was based on reviews in this thread and elsewhere on the forum. Happy with the upgrade, would definitely recommend.

I wanted to go for MRF Perfinza but didn't find any new stock locally from a quick check, whereas the goodyears were readily available with a 3 year warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks