Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 13:31   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Oh c'mon. Someone who is considering a Fiesta or a Linea or a Vento won't give the Ciaz a second look. Less than a hundred horses under the hood? You gotta be kidding me... The Ciaz is strictly for "kitna deti hai" Maruti Suzuki loyalists, which of course are a large number in our mileage obsessed country. Enthusiasts will give the Ciaz a wide berth.

If I had a million rupees to spend, I'd pick up the Polo GT TSI in a jiffy. You can keep the leg room and all the fancy gizmos.
Exactly MY point. Those customers who prefer going for Linea/Fiesta/Vento won't be going behind the Ciaz. These are customers who are aware of Maruti's existing cars and have gone for something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@ Lizard.

I am not comparing an apple to an orange. What I mean to say is that every one who is buying a Fiesta or a Linea may not be the well informed "enthusiast".

For him, 100 horses or 89 horses will not mean a major thing.
A car from a reputed and trusted brand like Maruti with a decent VFM tag is enough to get them to the showrooms and eventually result in a sale.
That's right. Everyone buying the Fiesta/Linea/Vento may not exactly be enthusiasts. But with certainty, one can say that they're the customers who've looked beyond the regular options such as City, Scala, Sunny, SX4, etc. If they wanted these cars, they wouldn't have gone to get the enthusiast options such as Fiesta/Linea/Vento/Polo etc.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:37   #137
BHPian

Guys, if possible, please do include a review for the Automatic version of the car. I hope Maruti provides you with them too. I am in love with the car. Although the waiting periods will be too long - especially for the Automatic versions.
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 13:43   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Oh c'mon. Someone who is considering a Fiesta or a Linea or a Vento won't give the Ciaz a second look. Less than a hundred horses under the hood? You gotta be kidding me... The Ciaz is strictly for "kitna deti hai" Maruti Suzuki loyalists, which of course are a large number in our mileage obsessed country. Enthusiasts will give the Ciaz a wide berth.
On that note, there may be a likelihood that Ciaz may pull in few of the prospective DZire customers (even though both are different segments) for few reasons such as-
  1. Both being Maruti Suzuki
  2. Much better space in Ciaz (the boot space in DZire is abysmally less)
  3. The feeling of owning a higher segment sedan
  4. Too many DZires on the road
Old 7th October 2014, 14:02   #139
Senior - BHPian

We booked on Day 1 (booking # 8) and the sales person says we will need to wait for 2mths to get our hands on the ZDi & 5 mths for the ZDi+ !

I'm cancelling the booking simply based on this point alone though i like the car.
Old 7th October 2014, 14:10   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
We booked on Day 1 (booking # 8) and the sales person says we will need to wait for 2mths to get our hands on the ZDi & 5 mths for the ZDi+ !
As enquired here, any diesel variant is having a minimum waiting period of 8 weeks even if you are the first to book.
It looks normal and genuine waiting period quoted from your sales person.
Old 7th October 2014, 14:11   #141
BHPian

I have a different thought here. Maruti is so scared to lose its VFM tag and VFM customers, that it did not dare to make this a better car albeit a bit pricier. So much for confidence, huh!!!
Old 7th October 2014, 14:17   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not to forget that though Ciaz is a big car, at the same time, it is a very light car too. In fact, the torque to weight ratio is better than many segment leaders.
The ratio hides more than it reveals.

First of all, the ratio is taken at peak figures - which is not what you would have in standard driving. You don't want to redline/high RPM all the time. Drivability would be an issue not captured by this.

Secondly, with a puny 90ps of power (for this segment), the torque band is simply not enough to take you to higher speeds. This is where the competition simply will run the Ciaz over.

Issues like high turbo lag, and running out of breath at higher speeds, is simply not acceptable in this segment.

We're not even talking about the not-so-great handling.

There's no doubt that the mass market doesn't care about these things. But I just wanted to point out that a higher torque/weight ratio may not mean much.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 14:24   #143
BHPian

Quote:

I'm cancelling the booking simply based on this point alone though i like the car.
Ha ha Its like booking a Tatkal ticket at early hours. Or booking a general ticket during festival season. While you get a 8AM printed on ticket still you are confused why you get a waiting list

The weight of the car is least compare to any other competitor. Don't know how MSIL have managed to do. This may lead to another argument with build quality and safety of the CIAZ.

Lets enjoy the car with "Kitni Deti hai", "Reliable Service Availability" tag.

Last edited by arin_12 : 7th October 2014 at 14:25.
arin_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 14:26   #144
BHPian

I did go for a test drive of the Ciaz Petrol yesterday . It is definitely a better car than the Baleno and SX4 and has hit all the points that Maruti Suzuki missed in its predecessors. But, the car definitely lacks power and it requires a constant gear change to quickly maneuver and jump ahead in the city traffic.

It is definitely loaded with quite a few nice accessories that I miss in my Honda City like the rear shade and separate reading light for rear passengers.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2014 at 15:41. Reason: Typos
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2014, 15:16   #145
Senior - BHPian

Checked the Maroon color Ciaz ZDi yesterday. Initial impressions:
1.The car is massive in comparison.
2.The car looks neat from outside, not quirky and will not stand out in crowd as well.
3.The sheet metal is decently thick felt better than City. Not upto VW levels.
4.Interior fit and finish is quite good and is comparable.
5. Back-seat leg space is just wow.
6.Engine noise is well controlled, only Verna is better in this department.
7. Driving through road humps and potholes will not be a breeze as SX4. Because of longish nature,GC is going to be an issue.
8.Boot space is again massive in comparison.
9.The reflectors on rear bumper looks out of place.
10.Has good driving position.

Now the question will it sell? I would say yes.Because:
1.Its a Maruti Suzuki.
2.It has just what we love,Massive presence and l frugal engines.
3.The extra powerful cars in India dont register numbers(1.6 SXI, vRS,Polo GT, T-Jet etc). Ciaz has normal engines which should suffice majority of the crowd out there.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:19   #146
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at Ciaz on display and i must say its a typical Maruti in terms of build quality

Nothing bad about it. A great effort by Maruti. The newer generation cars like Swift, Dzire, Ertiga and now Ciaz have better interiors compared to previous maruti cars. Still some niggles might be there in this car.

My observations:
1. That annoying Maruti issue of Doors never closing in first attempt !! Yes Ciaz inherits the family genes.
2. Other main negetive i found is the drivers arm rest is there name sake. I am 5.7" and after the seat adjustment for my height, I could barely rest my arm on the arm rest !! Yes its very short.
3. Rear seat thigh support is nothing great. But its not bad either. May be Maruti did this to free up leg room
Attached the pic of the audio system which will be there on most of the lower trims. Only the Z+ trims get the touch screen.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg

Pricing seems to be good, so this car will sell. City might still sell, but i wonder what will happen to the Verna now.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 7th October 2014 at 15:22.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ciaz de-coded.

Ciaz is an acronym for Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude and Zeal
Haha. Very cool. I had my own theory. Actually Maruti wanted to make this a please-all, something for everyone car. For X, 'See As' big car, for Y, 'See As' a feature loaded care, for Z, 'See As' ticket to C+ segment without leaving comfort of Maruti. Hence, Maruti See As (or Ciaz)
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:27   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not accurate IMHO.
  • Base variant of the City is E and not S.
  • Front and rear armrest is present only from SV versions in the City.
  • Electric adjustable ORVMs are present from S variants, while electric foldable ORVMs are present only from V.
  • While steering mounted audio controls are present in S, steering mounted telephone controls are present only from SV.
  • Keyless entry is present from S variants, but start/stop button is present only on the VX.

Here's a list I had compiled yesterday and posted in one of the earlier pages -

Attachment 1296470
Attachment 1296471
Attachment 1296472
Attachment 1296473
Base variant is not included as Ciaz does not have a base ldi/LXi variant. So comparison should be done on the basis of 4 variants available in both cars. Hence it should start with S variant.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:41   #149
BHPian

All, do we have a view of what the waiting period for the Zxi AT is for those who pre-booked it?
Old 7th October 2014, 15:51   #150
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Only thing missing from the review is information regarding safety features.
Added to the opening post. Thanks to Aditya for the same:

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruti-ciaz-features.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Remember the price that was announced by MSIL is a introductory price. They will be increased very soon may be while delivery too.
'Introductory price' is simply a gimmicky way of saying "if the demand is strong, we'll raise the price. If not, this pricing will stay". There have been several intro prices that were never eventually increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys, if possible, please do include a review for the Automatic version of the car.
Will do, buddy.

Quote:
we will need to wait for 2mths to get our hands on the ZDi & 5 mths for the ZDi+ !
The Ciaz isn't my kind of car, but if I really liked it (as you do), I'd wait. When you have to live with a car for 5 - 10 years, what's 2 months of waiting for the one you really like? I usually go the pre-worshipped way and it takes me that much time to find the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As enquired here, any diesel variant is having a minimum waiting period of 8 weeks even if you are the first to book.
It looks normal and genuine waiting period quoted from your sales person.
I think this unusually long waiting period is because of an issue with some part vendor.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks