Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2015, 13:41   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Maruti seems to be updating the Caz with a potential RS version. Now with DRL's.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazwithdrl.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazwithdrlsspied.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...nside-factory/

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th May 2015 at 13:51.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 06:51   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys lately I am having issues with my cars gear shifts. I find it somehow stiff sometimes at slow speeds like there is certain resistance while slotting into the 1st and 2nd gear and also at times in the 4th. It generally happens after a cold start and it disappears after a few kms! I had informed this to my service adviser during the first service, he informed me that they have bleed the clutch and the problem was fine after that but it's again cropped up. Il be giving my car for the second service soon please advice as to what needs to be checked since it's bothering me a lot. Also there a rattle from the passenger side of the dashboard I suspect it's the glove box. Apart from all this I'm pretty satisfies with the cars overall performance have been getting a good mileage of about 19 to 20 in 100 traffic with ac. Thanks. Please advice!
I had the same problem with my ZDi gearshifts. Try the basic checks before going for something technical.
1. Check if the floor mat is preventing the clutch from fully pressing.
2. If you have the vinyl matting see if that is interfering with the pedal.
If none of these are the problem then u've got an issue. Try to do a troubleshoot to locate the root problem.
1. Is the stiffness only for 1st, 2nd and 4th gears and both when engine off and when running? Then it could be a problem with the gear linkages.
2. Does the stiffness go away when you shift gears with the vehicle stationary and engine off? Then definitely you have a problem with the clutch.
Since bleeding the system has fixed the prob for a few days it could be the master or slave cylinder that could be the culprit. They could be letting in air over a period of time decreasing the effectiveness. Check and ask them to replace the master and slave cylinder under warranty.
For me the stiffness was present in all gears (but the stiffness used to reduce lightly after warming up) while the engine runs and there was a judder when the car starts moving in first gear. They have replaced the whole clutch assembly under warranty and it has been fine ever since. Looks like this issue is present in quite a few number of early ciaz.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 07:40   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys lately I am having issues with my cars gear shifts. I find it somehow stiff sometimes at slow speeds like there is certain resistance while slotting into the 1st and 2nd gear and also at times in the 4th. It generally happens after a cold start and it disappears after a few kms!
Interesting. I had the same issue on our Swift during cold mornings and late evenings. The ambient temperature needed to be low and the engine had to be cold for this to show up. Had trouble only with first gear though. I complained to MASS and they opened the console and lubricated the plastic linkages near the handbrake. I am guessing you might want to try that.
Old 8th May 2015, 10:34   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Has anybody driven both the AT's,namely the Honda City CVT and Ciaz AT?

If yes how would you rate both against each other?
I own the Ciaz AT and have driven the City AT (CVT) a fair amount. I can't stand the CVT, this was the primary reason I decided on the Ciaz AT over the City earlier this year. From a technological stand point the 4 speed AT on the Ciaz is hardly cutting edge but it does allow for a enjoyable driving experience, when you floor the accelerator you can instantly feel a gear drop (or 2) the tachy climbs rapidly to 6K before dropping. The CVT is no doubt a technological marvel, but there is no kick and no excitement and while it is no doubt more fuel efficient, it makes the car feel weak.

Im not an expert, this is purely based on my driving experience.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 11:03   #890
BHPian

Reihem it would be very helpful if you could provide details about what kind of mileage are you extracting from your Ciaz under various driving conditions?
Old 9th May 2015, 15:32   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Reihem it would be very helpful if you could provide details about what kind of mileage are you extracting from your Ciaz under various driving conditions?
Is the mileage displayed accurate ? If so the average mileage being displayed is 8.9. I should probably add a disclaimer. I have done 1000 kms in total since i bought the car on the 4th of January. I travel a lot, so when I do get to drive it I worry very little about maximising mileage and instead focus entirely on having fun. I floor the pedal every opportunity I get As such, not sure my mileage reading should be taken as "average" for the Ciaz AT, its just average for "my" Ciaz AT !
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:07   #892
BHPian

Does anyone know which tuner kit will work with the Ciaz's ECU ?? Google is not turning up anything :-(
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:12   #893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Does anyone know which tuner kit will work with the Ciaz's ECU ?? Google is not turning up anything :-(
Sorry for the noob doubt, is there anything special with the ECU on the Ciaz?

Are you looking for a remap or any kind of tuning boxes (read Race dynamics)?
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:05   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry for the noob doubt, is there anything special with the ECU on the Ciaz?

Are you looking for a remap or any kind of tuning boxes (read Race dynamics)?
If anyone is a noob here its ME. I've been stuck at home for the last 2 weeks with a busted knee in a cast. As they say the idle mind is the devils workshop. I've been reading up on ECU tuning and looked at a few options that aren't too expensive. TOAD seems to be the most noon-friendly software soltuion.

The tuning/flashing interface is what is concerning me. I basically want to know if the Galletto 1260 ECU Chip Tuning/Flashing Interface will work with my Ciaz.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/s...-1260-ecu-tune

I barely use my car and when I do I want to have as much fun as possible, so not worried about reduction in km/L, more excited about extracting what I can from the engine !
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:22   #895
BANNED

Quote:
If anyone is a noob here its ME. I've been stuck at home for the last 2 weeks with a busted knee in a cast. As they say the idle mind is the devils workshop. I've been reading up on ECU tuning and looked at a few options that aren't too expensive. TOAD seems to be the most noon-friendly software soltuion.
Looking at the overall product description, it should work as your car is OBD 2 compliant.

But how do you go about this tuning?
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:30   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the overall product description, it should work as your car is OBD 2 compliant.

TOAD is a relatively easy software for a novice to use. It doesn't require you to read complex coded data but instead works with a reasonably intuitive user interface.

Tuning is reduced to a 5 step process.

STEP 1:

Plug tuner kit cable into car (important that it supports your car). Load it's software. Turn on car ignition. Press "Download Data" inside software. You now have your cars data on your computer as a file. This is the file you nee to re-upload if you seriously screw up while experimenting, so maintaining a copy of original you downloaded is important.

STEP 2:

Open up TOAD ECU editor software. And open up the file you downloaded from vehicle in Step 1 above.

STEP 3:

Make changes to the file.

Example: Find and change numbers that correspond to: torque, BHP, RPM to gear change ratio, etc.

STEP 4:

Save the file.

STEP 5:

Go back to tuner kit software, open the file, and press "Upload to Car".

thats it !
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:52   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Being OBD compliant has no relation to tuning. The OBD protocol provides a diagnostic interface whereas in this case it involves reading, decoding and analyzing the code written in the ECU memory.

Quote:
TOAD is a relatively easy software for a novice to use. It doesn't require you to read complex coded data but instead works with a reasonably intuitive user STEP 5:

Go back to tuner kit software, open the file, and press "Upload to Car".

thats it !
Looks quite interesting. But be careful when you go about this. If the whole process stalls at any point of time or you end up entering wrong values for parameters, you might end up with a bricked ECU. That's the reason tuners charge a bomb for what is a technically straight forward job.
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:57   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Looks quite interesting. But be careful when you go about this. If the whole process stalls at any point of time or you end up entering wrong values for parameters, you might end up with a bricked ECU. That's the reason tuners charge a bomb for what is a technically straight forward job.
What you have said is incredibly important. I intend of retaining expert advice from others who have a lot more experience with this and also intend of being very frugal with mods to any of the performance parameters.

right now i'm not even sure the Galletto 1260 i referred to earlier is even capable of flashing a Ciaz ECU.
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:23   #899

Very good review. We purchased a Ciaz ZXI+ (petrol) recently. Managed to squeeze out 27 kmpl average. Unbelievable for a car of this size. Isn't it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg  

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 21:25. Reason: Formatted text
Pradshiv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:40   #900
BHPian

Quote:
What you have said is incredibly important. I intend of retaining expert advice from others who have a lot more experience with this and also intend of being very frugal with mods to any of the performance parameters.

right now i'm not even sure the Galletto 1260 i referred to earlier is even capable of flashing a Ciaz ECU.
Hey buddy, I may try remapping my father's Zest XMA Multijet 90 PS. As it shares the same engine, if you are able to remap your Ciaz, I will have some hopes there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks