Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2015, 15:33   #751
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The light staying on used to vary from 15 to 50 secs.
Everytime when I switch on the ignition in my car, the first thing I do is, stare at the instrumentation console to see which indicator takes longer to go OFF.

Those crucial indicators must go OFF with 1 or 2 seconds as the car is in good health. Anything l beyond it will raise an alarm in my head.

Quote:
Yes. I did my PDI , but there was no way I could find it on delivery day as the engine was already running by the time we reached the dealership.
Lol! You could have just turned the key to switch it off and check how the car behaves from point zero.

The PDI by Pratham was a lie, just to sell the car.

Quote:
This was reported immediately, but they asked me to continue driving as the light wasn't coming on once the engine was heated.
That's the vaguest reply given to a problem reported. Regarding the communication by you to MASS on this issue was verbal or written?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Maximum engine damage occurs during the first cold start of the day and you need the lubricant flowing ASAP that time.
Any way to check for the health of the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Engineers can find it out by sampling the oil in the engine and testing it for wear by Ferrography and wear elemental analysis.
MASS won't be able to do so these tests. Speedsatya would have to get it done from his pocket by comparing it with fresh engine oil.
Old 15th February 2015, 16:42   #752
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
ROFL, take this in writing from them and ask them to show this same unique feature on ANY other Ciaz on this planet.

On a serious note, go to another MASS, your car current one has no bloody clue what they are talking about. The light goes off in a second or two at max. Maximum engine damage occurs during the first cold start of the day and you need the lubricant flowing ASAP that time. 15 to 50 seconds of oil pressure not building up everytime is SUICIDE for the engine.

I say this again, don't drive the car in its current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I fully second to the comments given by humyum and a4anurag

If it was I in your shoes, I would have asked for a new engine replacement!

But theory says, the wear damage has, in all probability taken place in the car. Engineers can find it out by sampling the oil in the engine and testing it for wear by Ferrography and wear elemental analysis. Cant be sure if MARUTI would oblige.

But you can at-least take a written guarantee from MARUTI on the engine for next 1 lakh kilometers for this snag which you lived with for 6000 KMS.
Agree. Have written to Maruti on this. Let's see on what they tell me on this. On warranty , wouldn't it cover any engine damage that is because a manufacturing problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Lol! You could have just turned the key to switch it off and check how the car behaves from point zero.

The PDI by Pratham was a lie, just to sell the car.

That's the vaguest reply given to a problem reported. Regarding the communication by you to MASS on this issue was verbal or written?

Any way to check for the health of the engine?

MASS won't be able to do so these tests. Speedsatya would have to get it done from his pocket by comparing it with fresh engine oil.

I am assuming you have read my earlier posts and I hope you understand "cold starts " Like I said earlier , this was seen only in cold starts after a gap of around 9+ hours. Everything looked normal during delivery as the engine had already reached running temp. So these lights would go off as it should do otherwise.

About checking during delivery , the engine had already reached the running temp. So everything looked normal.

The first and second service receipts have this mentioned about the light staying on

Last edited by speedsatya : 15th February 2015 at 16:48.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 20:46   #753
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Booked Ciaz ZDI+ today at Pratham motors Bangalore. Expecting delivery in a week. Will post a detailed review after delivery. Current OTR price in Bangalore is 13.4L.
Old 17th February 2015, 10:41   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajuputana View Post
bumper to bumper traffic and the figure I got is 22.9 kmpl !!
That is amazing. Can you share your driving style. In terms of region you drive, average speed you maintain, do you release clutch going off the gas or simultaneously, what rpm do you maintain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Booked Ciaz ZDI+ today at Pratham motors Bangalore. Expecting delivery in a week. Will post a detailed review after delivery. Current OTR price in Bangalore is 13.4L.
Congrats on your booking. It is indeed expensive to own a car in Bangalore. I bought my ZDI for 11.6L.

Review after another 1000km drive: Total 5500km

Engine noise outside has notably increased, but still cant hear anything inside the cabin.
Mileage figures are gradually dropping, presently hovering in the range of 20km/L with average speeds below 110 on highway.
The rear AC vent is a total waste, the blow in it is terrible.
Space at the rear with front seat pushed fully forward has enough space at the back for a kid to sit on the floor and play.

Its up for service, hope the mileage improves.
Old 17th February 2015, 11:20   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Congrats on your booking. It is indeed expensive to own a car in Bangalore. I bought my ZDI for 11.6L.
Exactly and the price difference is too much (2L) between Zxi+ and Zdi+ due to ex showroom price going above 10L. Thinking of changing the booking to Zxi+ now. Current fuel price doesnt justify 2L difference considering my running of 15K per year.

OTR price in bangalore:
ZXI+ - 11.4L
ZDI+ - 13.4L

Last edited by arunkk : 17th February 2015 at 11:24.
Old 17th February 2015, 12:50   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly and the price difference is too much (2L) between Zxi+ and Zdi+ due to ex showroom price going above 10L. Thinking of changing the booking to Zxi+ now. Current fuel price doesnt justify 2L difference considering my running of 15K per year.

OTR price in bangalore:
ZXI+ - 11.4L
ZDI+ - 13.4L
Ciaz does not yet demand the same premium on the road like its competition, if you are opting for petrol I would ask you to check Honda City also. If it is diesel, Ciaz scores way above, but in the petrol segment its a close call.
What is the present waiting period. I guess Ciaz has moved out of the value for money bracket when it started costing more than 10L.
Old 17th February 2015, 14:22   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Visaster - I believe I spotted your car this morning on Kathipara Flyover. Nice wheels!

One suggestion - Request you to get the calipers painted in Yellow (or) Bright Orange.

OT - You must have spotted a Brown Ertiga with Driven By sticker overtaking you

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 17th February 2015 at 14:24.
Old 17th February 2015, 14:46   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Visaster - I believe I spotted your car this morning on Kathipara Flyover. Nice wheels!

One suggestion - Request you to get the calipers painted in Yellow (or) Bright Orange.

OT - You must have spotted a Brown Ertiga with Driven By sticker overtaking you

Ho yeah I was on Kathipara. I spotted your car too, it looked cool. Since morning I am also looking to make the "S" black and smoke the tail lamp after seeing your car. How and where did you get it done?
I have lot more mods pending and yeah calipers are in the list.
Do you have any picture of your car on teambhp?

Last edited by Visaster : 17th February 2015 at 15:03.
Old 17th February 2015, 15:46   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz does not yet demand the same premium on the road like its competition, if you are opting for petrol I would ask you to check Honda City also. If it is diesel, Ciaz scores way above, but in the petrol segment its a close call.
What is the present waiting period. I guess Ciaz has moved out of the value for money bracket when it started costing more than 10L.
Still there is a difference of more than 1.5L OTR between Ciaz and City top end. I went to two different dealerships in blr for City TD and got disappointed by the arrogant attitude of their sales staff. Also Ciaz is still the VFM option in this segment as compared to City and Verna.

Now there is no waiting period for Ciaz and in Blr even top end i20 costs close to 10L.
Old 17th February 2015, 17:18   #760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Current fuel price doesnt justify 2L difference considering my running of 15K per year.
Please do consider a 25% increase in your projected monthly usage when you actually get a diesel car. Most of the diesel owners end up driving way more than what they initially expected to run.

Personally speaking - I used to do 5k per year in my previous petrol cars. Expected 10k per year with a diesel and ended up doing close to 90k in three years.
Old 17th February 2015, 18:08   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please do consider a 25% increase in your projected monthly usage when you actually get a diesel car. Most of the diesel owners end up driving way more than what they initially expected to run.

Personally speaking - I used to do 5k per year in my previous petrol cars. Expected 10k per year with a diesel and ended up doing close to 90k in three years.
I presently own a punto diesel and my yearly run was max 15K. I don't expect to cross that now either.
arunkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 10:01   #762

Quote:
That is amazing. Can you share your driving style. In terms of region you drive, average speed you maintain, do you release clutch going off the gas or simultaneously, what rpm do you maintain?
=========
Its up for service, hope the mileage improves.
Visastar: Indeed it is. I am sedate driver, don't like to push too hard on the pedal. The average speed is around 75 - 80 with RPM hovering around 2K, for the daily office run (72 km to and fro), which include stretches of not exactly open but relatively enough space to maintain your speed, there are some stretches and tolls where you can't help but drive on 2nd gear. I normally do not drive on clutch and have stalled two three times in the process. Till today have driven 4K. Looking for oil change at 5K. Cold engine noise is substantially higher than after some time of running. So far, HAPPY !
Old 20th February 2015, 19:56   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz Sports variant with start /stop technology spied again. Sports Variant in production - launch near?
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-bstm8accaaufpv.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-bstnaxcqaaysq.jpg

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...018049/photo/1
Old 21st February 2015, 15:45   #764
BHPian

Car went in for second service and got to know that even the second service is as good as no service. They don't do much, just rotate the wheels, and give it back. Was told the first oil change is at 10000km, as they use semi synthetic oil and there is a magnet in the oil drain which attracts all the metal grinding during break in period.
Is it so...? I doubt it works that way.
Was told oil change cost 2.4K.
All accessories for Ciaz is presently available, mostly it is a lot of chrome garnish.
RC book has reached the dealer exactly 1 month post delivery, will be collecting it as well today.

I have got a invite with family to ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, for the weekend as CIAZ Mela is going on, I wonder what is happens there.

Pic of LED DRL inside the headlight. Courtesy : Owner Mr.Prateik
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshots_20150221153539.png
Done by DC, costing 30K
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 01:04   #765
BHPian

Hi Visaster and Fellow BHPians,

I got an SMS regarding this Ciaz Karnival at the ITC Grand Chola Chennai too, as I had visited Khivraj Motors sometime back for the Ciaz. I am interested only in the 1.4L petrol automatic as I presently own a Hyundai Verna 2010 Petrol SX. Been driving a lot for the past 1 year and seriously feel like eliminating the stress of driving in heavy traffic, which happens often. With a manual transmission car, my left knee begs for some relief.

I had gone for the Ciaz Karnival today with my wife and kid and this new hotel was nice! One of the newest 5 or 7 star hotels in Chennai, I presume. This Ciaz Karnival was done in a huge banquet hall, where it was fully air conditioned and carpeted. 6 Ciaz cars were on display, in each of the 6 different colours. The white Ciaz was not on display and it was available as a diesel test drive car. They had refreshments being served, Ciaz TV commercials and other ads/promo videos being shown on big projector screens.

Of course people from Khivraj Motors were there to attend to the prospective customers. What I like is that, Maruti now is spending on marketing the Ciaz and that can only be a good thing for the brand and the product.

I have begun to like this car a lot after exploring it a couple of times now. My wife liked the Metallic Sangria Red and Metallic Glistening Grey and we have shortlisted these 2 colours. Hopefully I can get my hands on a ZXi automatic within the next few months!

It was nice to see almost all the colours of the Ciaz under one roof. This is never possible in any showroom, where usually only 1 or 2 colours would be on display. Spot bookings were also being taken and those who did book the cars, had their names announced on the PA system!

There was a small tattoo and video games corner for kids, with lots of balloons and chocolates in many places for them. My 3 yr old son had a whale of a time there today. All he said after looking at the Ciaz was ... "Appaaa ... ivvalo periya car!" (For non-Tamilians: Dad! Such a big car!) and then ran off with chocolates and balloons. Overall had a good time and also fiddled with the sales guy's tablet which had a Ciaz app on it, with even comparisons to City, Verna et al! There were also customisations we could do on the app, to see how the accessories would look when fitted in the Ciaz, like the extra rear reading lamp, side window sunshades, different OE seat covers and so on. Good fun.

Last edited by VSG12777 : 22nd February 2015 at 01:20. Reason: Corrected some errors and reworded some portions.
VSG12777 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks