Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 22:03   #871
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am a City lover, not this one, but the 1st gen. Be it engine, steering, interior and exterior build.. It was excellent. That is what made it a better car, better than the Balenos and Ikons. The 2nd gen was in the same way better than the SX4 and the Fiesta, even the 3rd gen looked good in front of the Vento, the latest gen Fiesta and others.
Honda stopped making Civic here and then launched the 4th gen City which is bigger in size and more spacious, has futuristic looking dashboard, yes. Size wise, this car is in between the 3rd gen City and the Civic, but for me, it misses the point of owning a City. This car looses the characterstics of it's previous models, except the sweet iVtec petrol engine. I am not saying Ciaz is best car in the segment, for me, Fiesta is, but Ciaz looses the shortcomings of the SX4, and in build quality, I am sure its better than the current city, Vento is still ahead and Fiesta comes second while Linea though very strong has some rough edges.
I am just curious, why Fiesta/Vento were out of question? Becuase of brand perception and maintainance vows? If yes, do you think Fiesta or Vento offers build, hence being safer and long lasting? As these cars are better driver's cars too, won't you agree they are better as a product and as a car?

I couldn't agree more. You sir, stole my words there.
Dear itsashishsharma, Your argument is very much valid. I think i will agree with you. If i shed my perception about Maruti, going by your argument Ciaz is a better offering. Thanks for the correction.

Fiesta/Vento?? - I own a Vento and completely satisfied with it. I meant "Only if" a Fiesta or a Vento are out of choice for any reason. Given a choice, I would go by Linea->Fiesta->Vento->City(or Ciaz). I chose Vento for diesel and the Ford dealer was only interested in EcoSport and Linea was old then(2013).
Old 26th April 2015, 19:10   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am a City lover, not this one, but the 1st gen. Be it engine, steering, interior and exterior build.. It was excellent. That is what made it a better car, better than the Balenos and Ikons. The 2nd gen was in the same way better than the SX4 and the Fiesta, even the 3rd gen looked good in front of the Vento, the latest gen Fiesta and others.
Honda stopped making Civic here and then launched the 4th gen City which is bigger in size and more spacious, has futuristic looking dashboard, yes. Size wise, this car is in between the 3rd gen City and the Civic, but for me, it misses the point of owning a City. This car looses the characterstics of it's previous models, except the sweet iVtec petrol engine. I am not saying Ciaz is best car in the segment, for me, Fiesta is, but Ciaz looses the shortcomings of the SX4, and in build quality, I am sure its better than the current city, Vento is still ahead and Fiesta comes second while Linea though very strong has some rough edges.
I am just curious, why Fiesta/Vento were out of question? Becuase of brand perception and maintainance vows? If yes, do you think Fiesta or Vento offers build, hence being safer and long lasting? As these cars are better driver's cars too, won't you agree they are better as a product and as a car?

I couldn't agree more. You sir, stole my words there.
The City might seem flimsy but is actually not. Manufacturer like Honda would do anything but spoil a brand name like City in a growing market like India. Thats why despite feeling so called flimsy, it has scored highest amongst all its competitors in the segment in NCAP ratings and even broke all previous records. If buying steel by sheer weight was the idea, Linea does feel more solid but wont a Arjun Tank feel safer?

Last edited by aviator1101 : 26th April 2015 at 19:14. Reason: adding text
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 19:19   #873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
The City might seem flimsy but is actually not. Manufacturer like Honda would do anything but spoil a brand name like City in a growing market like India. Thats why despite feeling so called flimsy, it has scored highest amongst all its competitors in the segment in NCAP ratings and even broke all previous records. If buying steel by sheer weight was the idea, Linea does feel more solid but wont a Arjun Tank feel safer?
Let me guess, you own a new City?

Do read my earlier post. There are 2 aspects, one is safety which I agree that has nothing to do with weight. However the other is feel of solidity or tank like feel. You don't get that in the City at all. Every part of the car feels light and driving it never gives you the solid feel.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 22:45   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Let me guess, you own a new City?

Do read my earlier post. There are 2 aspects, one is safety which I agree that has nothing to do with weight. However the other is feel of solidity or tank like feel. You don't get that in the City at all. Every part of the car feels light and driving it never gives you the solid feel.
i would second that my friend has a I-dtec done almost 14k and trust me that car has started having suspension issues already and i never feel confident when i drive that car it feels flimsy partly maybe because my previous car was a polo which is pretty solid. . Ciaz on the other hand feels light too however its way better when is comes to engine noise and road stability. Have clocked 4k in the ciaz till now and i am pretty happy with the cars over all performance and ease of driving.
Old 26th April 2015, 23:37   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Judging from the March sales figures , the Ciaz seems to be sliding down the sales charts (50% sales compared to City, -21% sales reduction MoM) , while its main competitor - the City seems to be ever more in demand. Unless this trend is temporary on account of extraneous factors/production constraints etc, looks like Maruti Suzuki still is not widely accepted as a C2 segment manufacturer.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 09:57   #876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Judging from the March sales figures , the Ciaz seems to be sliding down the sales charts (50% sales compared to City, -21% sales reduction MoM) , while its main competitor - the City seems to be ever more in demand. Unless this trend is temporary on account of extraneous factors/production constraints etc, looks like Maruti Suzuki still is not widely accepted as a C2 segment manufacturer.
Remember these are factory dispatches not dealer dispatches. This number doesn't usually indicate the sentiments of the actual customer. Maruti could make 10,000 cars in one month then reduce to 4K for next 2 months and give priority to other product.

That said the Ciaz will find it difficult to match the City consistently mainly due to the brand name and secondly due to the mediocre petrol motor and AT option vs the City.
Old 27th April 2015, 21:15   #877
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone experienced the ABS kicking-in in the Ciaz. This weekend , i was driving solo through the Charmadi ghat when the ABS did kick-in thrice on the hairpin bends. Speeds were around 30-50 kph.

Definitely had to be those skinny and useless MRF tires that were losing traction on a wet and muddy road shoulder. Has anyone else experienced this in the Ciaz ?
Old 28th April 2015, 07:58   #878
BHPian

Hi speedsatya , have a query for you about your experience with your car, my friend is interested in booking this car but he is still undecided between the Honda city and ciaz , did you check out the city before deciding on the ciaz ? What are your views, if you don't mind sharing, thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 16:27   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Hi speedsatya , have a query for you about your experience with your car, my friend is interested in booking this car but he is still undecided between the Honda city and ciaz , did you check out the city before deciding on the ciaz ? What are your views, if you don't mind sharing, thanks
Yes . We did TD the new City Diesel. We were looking at Diesel cars.

Having owned the Amaze D over 20 months / 35 K Kms, I knew what to expect. I wasn't a big fan of the Honda Diesel. More than the engine, it was the pathetic Honda A.S.S that put me off. If you browse through the Amaze thread , you will see my last post on this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3606071

I was tired of niggling issues and the inability of the useless Honda dealers to solve them.

Initially, Ciaz wasn't in my list of cars to look at, but it was the Maruti A.S.S network that made it easy for me to decide. There might be other cars that might be better stand-alone products, but its the Maruti that stands out the moment you look at A.S.S network and service quality. Honda has just 6 service centers / dealers all over Karnataka.

So, if its a diesel, I would recommend the Ciaz Diesel but if its a petrol, its the City. The 1.4 Maruti petrol is too ordinary compared to the competition.

Attaching a screenshot of my total FE till date. This is all with almost 80% AC on and with a mix of 60% highways and 40% highway. 19-21 KPL is what I have been getting on all highway trips with avg speeds hovering between 70-90 kph! The worst that I have got till now is 17kpl
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th April 2015 at 13:22. Reason: Post edited. Please don't unnecessarily bring up mod activity. Also, don't put spaces before punctutation. Thanks.
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 14:25   #880

I recently experienced this with my Ciaz ZDI (o) on a busy traffic intersection in Delhi and here I was trying to close a gap in traffic in second gear before the lights turned red and the moment I floored the accelerator there was a immediate shove I felt after a slight pause that I usually experience on my automatic cars when in kickdown mode! don't know if others have experienced it or not but this was surely a pleasant surprise.
Old 29th April 2015, 21:30   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Has anyone experienced the ABS kicking-in in the Ciaz. This weekend , i was driving solo through the Charmadi ghat when the ABS did kick-in thrice on the hairpin bends. Speeds were around 30-50 kph.

Definitely had to be those skinny and useless MRF tires that were losing traction on a wet and muddy road shoulder. Has anyone else experienced this in the Ciaz ?
I experienced the abs kicking in prematurely in my test drive vehicle. So when I took delivery of the vehicle, I straightaway went to the tire dealer and upgraded my tires to 195/60 R15. Now the abs is activated only at the last stage of braking ie when the tire is about to lose traction...its perfect now.205/60R15 should also be a good choice.
Old 30th April 2015, 12:35   #882
BHPian

Hey.
Did a road trip with family from Goa to mahableshwar and pune. Had a great time driving on the nh4. With four adults and luggage, doing triple digit speeds was effortless. Never felt the lack of grunt in overtaking and maintaining high speeds but felt a lilttle more kick was needed at speeds past 120kmph. Ride was smooth and all passengers were comfortable and dint need to have frequent breaks.
The icing on the cake was the astonishing fuel economy returned for the while trip which included an avg speed of 100kmph on the nh4 plus 100km driving in and around pune's contested traffic. I got about 19.1km per litre, used about 66 litres for a total of 1250km with AC throughout,and this was without the oil change :-D.

Was very impressed with the ciaz and whatever doubts we had for choosing it over the honda city was dispelled utmost joy.:-)

Had no niggles on the way , no rattles nor squeaks and the 80watt philips bulbs were excellent. Recommended to upgrade the stock bulbs asap.

The ciaz does have its negatives, engine ain't comparable to the verna and ventos but in other departments it can hold its own against the best.Really feel people should give the ciaz a look before dismissing it cause of the maruti badge.

Cheers!
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 01:13   #883
BHPian

Can anybody point out where exactly is the OBD port located in Ciaz?
Old 4th May 2015, 07:52   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Can anybody point out where exactly is the OBD port located in Ciaz?
Put your head under the steering dash and look up. You can't miss it.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 23:09   #885
BHPian

Hi guys lately I am having issues with my cars gear shifts. I find it somehow stiff sometimes at slow speeds like there is certain resistance while slotting into the 1st and 2nd gear and also at times in the 4th. It generally happens after a cold start and it disappears after a few kms! I had informed this to my service adviser during the first service, he informed me that they have bleed the clutch and the problem was fine after that but it's again cropped up. Il be giving my car for the second service soon please advice as to what needs to be checked since it's bothering me a lot. Also there a rattle from the passenger side of the dashboard I suspect it's the glove box. Apart from all this I'm pretty satisfies with the cars overall performance have been getting a good mileage of about 19 to 20 in 100 traffic with ac. Thanks. Please advice!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks