Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 11:31   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Tried all possible ways but still couldnt get it. I might have to check with the showroom guys. Thanks.
Press and hold the stick for few seconds, you would see the information change and then a slight clockwise turn of the stick and you can select various options it doesn't rotate in normal way.

Hope this helps
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 18:15   #1622

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of finalizing a new car and CIAZ VDI+ SHVS seems to be the clear favorite. I have a couple of questions to the existing owners:

1. Given the longer wheelbase, have you ever felt 170 mm ground clearance to be inadequate?
2. Regarding the tyres, do the 185/65 R15 serves the purpose well? I may opt for the alloys and go for the 16 inch alloys offered in ZDI+ model

Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 11:02   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of finalizing a new car and CIAZ VDI+ SHVS seems to be the clear favorite. I have a couple of questions to the existing owners:

1. Given the longer wheelbase, have you ever felt 170 mm ground clearance to be inadequate?
2. Regarding the tyres, do the 185/65 R15 serves the purpose well? I may opt for the alloys and go for the 16 inch alloys offered in ZDI+ model

Thanks
On Bangalore roads (which are quite deplorable) the GC is adequate.
I would definitely go for the 16 inch alloys

I have the ZDi+ model
BigWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 11:42   #1624
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
I have ZDI Version which comes with 15 inch alloy wheels and I find it adequate for Bangalore roads (which is one of the worst in our country), have never scraped a hump even with full load and luggage.

Regarding tires, it depends what you get from factory, we have a separate thread dedicated to ciaz tires.
Old 7th June 2016, 15:31   #1625
BHPian

I am in a dilemma. A friend wants to buy 195/60 r15 which I had bought last week. He is ready to pay the same buying amount. I had used these just for a highway trip of around 200 kms. During the ride I found these to be apt for the proper highway(Muzaffarnagar-Meerut) part which is around 60 kms one side. After that it is intercity highway(Meerut-Delhi). During the intercity highway I found that the car was going rough over the potholes and the ride was stiff.
My question is should I hand over my tyres to my friend and get Michilen XM2 185/65 R15?
Old 10th June 2016, 18:17   #1626
BHPian

A friend took the delivery of his Ciaz ZDi+ just a couple of weeks back, today he visited me at my office and we en-countered an extremely weird problem while taking it out. The engine of the car is taking the crank, starting up and automatically shuts down after 3 seconds. What could be the problem? We have called up the Maruti Suzuki folks, the car is currently being towed to the service center.
Old 11th June 2016, 14:20   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
A friend took the delivery of his Ciaz ZDi+ just a couple of weeks back, today he visited me at my office and we en-countered an extremely weird problem while taking it out. The engine of the car is taking the crank, starting up and automatically shuts down after 3 seconds. What could be the problem? We have called up the Maruti Suzuki folks, the car is currently being towed to the service center.
Hard to say, I suspect this has something to do with the hybrid setup, did you see any lights on the instrument cluster when it turned off? Did you turn off svhs? And then start again?

Let us know, the findings of the service centre.

Last edited by Sri Vathsa : 11th June 2016 at 14:21.
Old 12th June 2016, 14:39   #1628
BHPian

Recently I went for a solo trip from Bangalore to Malappuram(Kerala) and back. This was in my Ciaz ZXi with odo reading ~1800. This was the first long distance drive in my car, except one Nandhi Hills trip. Just wanted to report fuel efficiency figures as per MID (couldn't measure by tankfull method).

Route: Bangalore - Malappuram(Kerala) 340km
FE Onward Trip: 19.8kmpl
FE Return Tip : 19.1kmpl
FE for 160km highway from Bangalore->Mysore: 21.4kmpl

Difference in onward & return trip should be due to 900m altitude gain, ghat road climbing and 45min of heavy rain which forced me to drive slowly on the way back.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this even if the actual values is 1kmpl less than that showed in MID. Especially after considering that this route has 1) 20km ghat road 2) 25km of drive within Bandipur forest which has more than 100 speed humps, 3) around 70km two lane roads with lots of twists an turns in Kerala & Tamilnadu.

I generally get a FE of 12.6kmpl in Bangalore traffic.

I'm happy with the ride comfort and driving dynamics. Aggressive drivers may not be happy with the performance, but this car is suits my driving style most of the time. There are times when you would want more from the engine, especially in 5th. But considering the power/torque figures of the engine, one shouldn't expect performance of a sports car.

I found this to be an all rounder car which is decent for both city and highway in terms of performance, dynamics and FE. Btw, I'm yet to test the car's highway performance with full load. Not sure how it will be.

Only disappointment is that I'm starting to hear some small rattles or noise near A-pillars, glove box, steering etc. Not very frequent though. Will get these checked during 6month service.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 07:55   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
FE Onward Trip: 19.8kmpl
This is diesel territory mate. Really good numbers. But I am getting a feeling that your usage is too less for FE to be relevant at all. Just numbers, good ones, but just numbers, don't make any sense for you. FE is overhyped in our country I would say.
Old 13th June 2016, 19:59   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
This is diesel territory mate. Really good numbers. But I am getting a feeling that your usage is too less for FE to be relevant at all. Just numbers, good ones, but just numbers, don't make any sense for you. FE is overhyped in our country I would say.
One of the main reasons for not going for diesel car was low usage. I would say the advantage of diesel fuel efficiency is overhyped. Especially considering the higher initial investment and more services, it will take forever to breakeven if running is not very high.

Another illusion about FE is that we always consider FE(kmpl) instead of fuel consumption(l/100km). Fuel consumption is more indicative of the actual engine efficiency. I guess we have another looong thread debating this. So, let's leave it for that thread.

Even though running is low, I think I can save round Rs.1500 per 1000km compared to another car with 10kmpl in city. That's 1 chicken biriyani/per day for a whole week . I don't mind that.

Anyway, I feel that these numbers may be bit higher than actual figures. Will check with tankful to tankful to method, maybe over the next few months.
Old 13th June 2016, 20:08   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
One of the main reasons for not going for diesel car was low usage. I would say the advantage of diesel fuel efficiency is overhyped. Especially considering the higher initial investment and more services, it will take forever to breakeven if running is not very high.
Not really. I drive 3000km a month & the diesel ciaz is cheaper by 1.5 rs/km. So I save 4500 rs a month. Within 2 years my breakeven of 1 lakh rupees is reached. And the rest of its life I get to save money, and ofcourse enjoy the better DDIS200
Old 13th June 2016, 21:56   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Not really. I drive 3000km a month & the diesel ciaz is cheaper by 1.5 rs/km. So I save 4500 rs a month. Within 2 years my breakeven of 1 lakh rupees is reached. And the rest of its life I get to save money, and ofcourse enjoy the better DDIS200
Exactly! On an average I drive around 500/month. Rs.750/month saving and it gets converted to how many years? So, not suitable for me. In your case, it makes more sense. I guess we are going off topic. Let's get back to Ciaz
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 07:53   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of finalizing a new car and CIAZ VDI+ SHVS seems to be the clear favorite. I have a couple of questions to the existing owners

Thanks
Go for 16 inch mate. I have R15. They are sufficient when I am driving solo or with wife.
But when the car is fully loaded with five passengers & boot with suitcases, the GC goes down and underbody did scrapped on one or two odd occasions.
So, whenever I am driving, its always on the back of the mind. R16 will give you peace of mind.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 16:07   #1634
BHPian

For the past two days I’m getting a kind of chemical odour for 10-15 seconds when AC is switched on in my 3 months old Ciaz ZDi. After 15 seconds or so, there is no odour. I couldn’t feel any difference/drop in the AC performance. What could be the reason for odour?
Old 15th June 2016, 18:26   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
What could be the reason for odour?
Get the AC dust filter checked, located behind the glove compartment. 3 months is just too short time for it to be choked/dirty, but maybe you never know..
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks