Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 14:24   #1501
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Guess you did not understand the intention of the post. Not that we are unaware of the feature specifications, but to state that it provides no striking advantage. Especially in stop go traffic and short signal time.

They should consider autostop after a delay of 5-10 seconds at the least.
People find it odd to travel in vehicle which keeps turning off by it self repeated times during a drive time.
IMHO it is more of an inconvenience than of use in my traffic condition and the way I drive the car.

How do you rate you hybrid experience?

When I wish to park the car and enjoy the AC for sometime without the restraining belt the car switches off.
Distance travel of as claimed the length of the car is not long enough for the car to turn off again.
Hope you know Gear+clutch+Brake at stops is not a good idea considering wear.
Electrical parts wear is unquestionable no matter what Maruti claims and you believe.
When the driver turns off the hybrid feature himself the light on the console is disturbing, not to forget it goes back to hybrid mode on the next ignition.

Last edited by Visaster : 5th May 2016 at 14:42.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 14:52   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post

Problem of auto start stop after xx seconds has a problem in itself to some extent. I'm not saying that the Maruti system is perfect, but the smart hybrid system was designed with some parameters. But the most annoying aspect would be the AC getting weak when engine is off.

Agree with you that it's an annoyance in traffic, but I think it's a matter of getting used to IMO. I think that your feedback is important. I will convey it to someone at Maruti.

Secondly, keeping the car in neutral if the vehicle is in motion is not a good practice - for any car, hybrid or otherwise. Neutral should be used only when you have bought the car to a compete stop or vehicle is being towed (some cars have towing mode as well).

Electrical wear will be there, but not more than regular starter motor is what I was told. I maybe wrong.

I will wait for response from other members regarding their experience with hybrid system before commenting further.
Old 5th May 2016, 15:41   #1503
AKB
BHPian

A question on AC mode on Petrol variant. When the car is in neutral or at a traffic stop, I noticed that the RPM keep on fluctuating and I can hear some relay switching on and off repeatedly. This happens after every 4-5 seconds. I sense this is problem with AC and it is tripping.

Has anyone faced this issue? Also, what is the common reason for this?
Old 5th May 2016, 16:27   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
However, I am facing issue with the gearbox. The reverse gear is difficult to engage most of the times. Also, the first gear has a bit of hitch when slotting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post

I was also about to post the same issue with reverse gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Even i have the same problem(not every time but occurs once or twice out of 5 times),
Even I faced the gear issue many times in my Ciaz ZDi till around 1200 KMs. While changing from reverse to 1st gear, the lever slots into position, but the car doesn’t move. Once the lever is pulled back to neutral again and slotted to 1st gear, the car moves. This happens only while changing from reverse to 1st gear. And absolutely no issues if it’s from any other gear. For the first 1200 KMs I would have faced the issue for about 15 times. MASS people were also clueless when reported during first service and as usual the issue never came up when they tried. They just lubricated the gear lever mechanism and said it should solve the issue. Even after that the issue was there for some time.
Now my car has run 2300 KMs and in the past 1000+ KMs the gear issue came up only once. And for the non-engaging of reverse gear at times, just changing the gear to 1st and then reverse solves the problem. The same I follow in my Vista and earlier Esteem.

I bought MGA Beige air mesh seat covers for the front seats. It looks to be good.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-sc1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-sc2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-sc3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-sc4.jpg

I also bought a pair of seat belt comfort/covers from Amazon. The quality is not that great like the ones I got from a Carwale contest, but serves the purpose.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-sb1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-sb2.jpg
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:23   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
it provides no striking advantage. Especially in stop go traffic and short signal time.

They should consider autostop after a delay of 5-10 seconds at the least.
People find it odd to travel in vehicle which keeps turning off by it self repeated times during a drive time.

When I wish to park the car and enjoy the AC for sometime without the restraining belt the car switches off.
Quote:
But the most annoying aspect would be the AC getting weak when engine is off.

Agree with you that it's an annoyance in traffic, but I think it's a matter of getting used to IMO.

I will wait for response from other members regarding their experience with hybrid system before commenting further.

Guys,

Let me put in my 2 cents... This is not a pure hybrid, dont expect it to run like it. But on the other hand, its not something which causes so much of irritation!!

In case of start-stop traffic, the hybrid cuts off the engine just the FIRST time you stop the car and put it in neutral. Press down on clutch, engage first, drive 5 feet away, and stop again - car will NOT turn off. Heck, when it turns OFF, you can just press clutch and release to start it back ON - it would NOT turn off !

The same goes for AC - for instance, lets say the temp is kept at 25 in Auto Mode, and you stop at red light - the engine would go off(you will ofcourse feel that AC has stopped working). But depending on ambient temperature inside the cabin, and how long it senses that it has increased, the car will turn ON(in my case, this has ranged from 5 seconds to even 60 seconds). I have never ever considered turning the car ON manually just so that the compressor turns ON.

Agreed that the system is not perfect, but it has indeed taught me to drive a bit more responsibly - I was also in a bad habit of coasting in neutral gear earlier, but now-a-days I try to make sure the car stays in "SHVS" lit zone the major time.

Even if the system means no major advantage other than 2km/ltr of additional mileage, I can assure to new buyers that its not a major nuisance as stated earlier by Visaster. IMO its all about getting used to - and its easy getting used to it when you get such a juicy mileage in the end
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:26   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
A question on AC mode on Petrol variant. When the car is in neutral or at a traffic stop, I noticed that the RPM keep on fluctuating and I can hear some relay switching on and off repeatedly. This happens after every 4-5 seconds. I sense this is problem with AC and it is tripping.

Has anyone faced this issue? Also, what is the common reason for this?
Thats AC compressor turning OFF and ON repeatedly - depends on the temperature you set in AC. It would do this more if temperature is lets say 26 in Auto mode - will cut off less when the temp is set to 18.
Old 5th May 2016, 17:32   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Even if the system means no major advantage other than 2km/ltr of additional mileage, I can assure to new buyers that its not a major nuisance as stated earlier by Visaster. IMO its all about getting used to - and its easy getting used to it when you get such a juicy mileage in the end
Thanks. The mileage is awesome. Some people used to tell me high figure and I used to feel they are telling slightly more, but recently I've tested myself and gotten quite good mileage.
Old 5th May 2016, 21:47   #1508
BHPian

Just got the second service done for my ciaz zdi and i am pretty happy with the way its been performing.
I get around 23km/l on the highway with ac and around 19km/l in city. Its supremely comfortable and can really gobble up distances at a brisk pace, it literally flies beyond 1500rpm though the initial lag is there.
The space inside the cabin is a major plus point along with the huge boot.
I am not really happy with the headlights especially with the fog lights which are absolutely useless.
There are a few creaks or borderline rattles from the dashboard which can be bothersome on a rough patch of road.
Also the steering has a weak self centering reflex, don't know if anyone has reported it.
Old 6th May 2016, 00:11   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
- how long does the alarm sound? about 27.5 seconds? or it just beeps every now and then?

- have you checked if the trunk and engine hood is properly shut along with the doors?
The Alarm sound continues for half a minute.I have tried closing all the doors, hood and boot properly.

This false alarm dosent happen frequently ...it's once in 4-5 days.

I happen to drop at MASS, they feel it's due to a faulty sensor switch. They have asked me to keep the car for observation.
Old 6th May 2016, 11:58   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The Alarm sound continues for half a minute.I have tried closing all the doors, hood and boot properly.

This false alarm dosent happen frequently ...it's once in 4-5 days.

I happen to drop at MASS, they feel it's due to a faulty sensor switch. They have asked me to keep the car for observation.
Also check if there is any wire cut because of rat chewing the wires (my brother in law's central locking system has frequent issues because of rat chewing some cables)
Old 6th May 2016, 15:09   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift coming in 2017, speculated to get BoosterJet engine!

Already feature rich, the facelift Ciaz is likely to get get some new features like sunroof and even cruise control.

Quote:
The Ciaz facelift will be getting a minor facelift with a cosmetic upgrade. There will be a new front grille with a smoked out headlamp and the bumper design will be revised. The Ciaz won’t be getting any other major upgrades. There will be additional chrome added to make it look premium
Quote:
The Ciaz facelift will be coming with a 1.4-litre petrol engine that will be churning about 90bhp of power. This will be offered with a five-speed manual transmission as well. We could expect the Ciaz to even get a 1.0-litre BoosterJet engine that will be churning about 110bhp of power and this will come with a five-speed manual and a six-speed automatic transmission as well. If the BoosterJet is coming in, then the four-speed automatic might be discontinued on the 1.4-litre petrol.

The second engine on offer will be the 1.3-litre diesel engine. This will be churning about 90bhp of power and 200Nm of peak torque. This is the same engine that will be used and it will continue with SHVS technology and at the same time the same five-speed manual transmission
http://motoroctane.com/upcoming/3049...specifications

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th May 2016 at 15:16.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 16:07   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

This is not a pure hybrid,

Car will NOT turn off. Heck, when it turns OFF, you can just press clutch and release to start it back ON - it would NOT turn off !

The same goes for AC

Even if the system means no major advantage other than 2km/ltr of additional mileage
when you get such a juicy mileage in the end
At least my car switches off multiple times within a short stop/start, it basically depends on the amount of battery charge and not the distance traveled before the previous stop. (Or may be some setting is wrong in my car) It gets off bit too many times than I like.

Can you explain what is the ill effect on the engine, of coasting in neutral about 5 to 10feet?

Are you comfortable with your car under going multiple ignitions. (Mechanical parts may handle power down but not electrical part - IMHO)

What is the mileage you get? Do you know how SHVS lights when you keep the car above 1500Rpm and decelerate. This in turn affects the mileage

Quote:
Thanks. The mileage is awesome.
My mileage figures are bad, may be I am doing something wrong, please share your figures.
In my non hybrid ciaz I used to get 13.5-15km/l in only city
In my hybrid I get 14km/l in only city
Highways are a different story I have got 21km/l max and only once, or on an average I get about 18km/l max.

It does not match figures you guys are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
I get around 23km/l on the highway with ac and around 19km/l in city. Its supremely comfortable and can really gobble up distances at a brisk pace, it literally flies beyond 1500rpm though the initial lag is there.

There are a few creaks or borderline rattles from the dashboard which can be bothersome on a rough patch of road.

Also the steering has a weak self centering reflex, don't know if anyone has reported it.
You seem to get great mileage, guess your traffic condition and climate is to be credited as well.
Yep the dashboard rattles but can be completely arrested. Remove the glove box lid, then the screwed panel behind it, fix double sticky tape and screw it back. that panel lacks packing and that is the problem.

What is a self centering reflex? which car has it?
Old 7th May 2016, 07:57   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
At least my car switches off multiple times within a short stop/start

Can you explain what is the ill effect on the engine, of coasting in neutral about 5 to 10feet?

Are you comfortable with your car under going multiple ignitions. (Mechanical parts may handle power down but not electrical part - IMHO)

What is the mileage you get? Do you know how SHVS lights when you keep the car above 1500Rpm and decelerate. This in turn affects the mileage

My mileage figures are bad, may be I am doing something wrong, please share your figures.
In my non hybrid ciaz I used to get 13.5-15km/l in only city
In my hybrid I get 14km/l in only city
Highways are a different story I have got 21km/l max and only once, or on an average I get about 18km/l max.
Hey !

First off, the mileage figures you are getting are NO way close to diesel ciaz's running around - the least I got is around 19 something, with full on acceleration etc. In city driving, keeping the car on SHVS lit mode as much as possible, AC on, traffic condition of Delhi/NCR, I am getting about 22.5. On a highway trip, this extends to 25+.

As far as SHVS switching off is concerned, I tested it again - it switches OFF first time, then lets say you stop 2 cars away, it switches OFF again - but after that if you release clutch, it would not power down.

Also, as you said that you would want to enjoy AC without seat belts ON, I tested it too - I can easily move around in 2nd or 3rd gear, without seat belt, and still get SHVS lit on dashboard. (the car wont turn OFF on releasing clutch, but de-acceleration and acceleration sure gets SHVS help)

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20160506-17.12.30.jpg

Well, I am not so much technical into car electronics or mechanics to understand the disadvantage of repeated turning OFF/ON, but if Maruti has actively introduced it in their vehicles, they must have done some kind of R&D. Only time will tell what is in store for us ..

My mileage figures and details are here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...light=ciaz+zdi

How many kms have you driven ? Maybe next servicing should help ?
Old 8th May 2016, 16:03   #1514
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Thats AC compressor turning OFF and ON repeatedly - depends on the temperature you set in AC. It would do this more if temperature is lets say 26 in Auto mode - will cut off less when the temp is set to 18.
Thanks, ptaneja. I hope that this is the case. Although common sense tells me that even in this case, the AC should operate in a range, stop when temp reaches 17 deg and restart when it reaches 19. I haven't seen this happening again on short drive I took yesterday (was traveling earlier). I will get AC and the gear checked in the first service.

BLIND SPOT MIRRORS:; In the meantime, got blind spot mirrors. Feel more confident now driving in heavy traffic. Don't want to bump into a biker while taking turns

GEAR LOCK: An unrelated question, has anyone got a gear lock installed? I would prefer to have one since I have to, many a times, park on roadside.
Old 8th May 2016, 18:14   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
I will get AC and the gear checked in the first service.

GEAR LOCK: An unrelated question, has anyone got a gear lock installed? I would prefer to have one since I have to, many a times, park on roadside.
Do share your findings after your first service !

And yes, Gear Lock is installed in mine. First and most important accessory IMO. Autocop was the brand !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks