Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 08:42   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Some more pics after matte black job on the grille. I always want to smoke the headlamps and get the alloys painted matte black. Later though.
Sir, to be honest all this matte black, makes the car look like a plastic clad base variant. Does not suit the toffee brown colour and the detailing in the overall car's design. Could I suggest going for nickel plated Black chrome instead? Something like in the Kizashi. That ought to retain the premium-ness while also managing a certain aggressive if not sporty look

PS: This is just a suggestion. I seem to be the only one who did not really like your mods so you need not take me too seriously
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-2010suzukikizashigtsgrillephoto362269s1280x782.jpg  

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd June 2016 at 08:43.
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:55   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
He assures me that the car is no longer than 2 months old. I shall ask him for VIN details today.
Yes . You should. Suraksha dealers promised the same to me and was giving lame excuses to not share vin. Only upon checking VIN myself found it to be 5 months old and with odo disconnected. Cancelled booking and went to Pratham. So, more reluctant they are in sharing info, more suspicious you should be. It's your hard earned money. Hopefully, all will be well in your case.
Old 22nd June 2016, 22:20   #1653
BHPian

Now, as per recent news reported by MotorOctane guy, Maruti Suzuki India is planning to introduce the Ciaz facelift in the second half of 2017. Changes Expected:-
  • Smoked Headlamps
  • Revised Rear and front bumpers
  • Additional Chrome
  • Cruise Control
  • Sunroof

The diesel engine will remain the same 1.3 Unit producing 90 HP with the SHVS technology. It's the petrol engine in which I am interested in as a lot of reports suggests that Ciaz will get the new M15 Engine producing 100 HP but MS might consider plonking in the 1.0L BoosterJet engine producing 110 BHP mated to a 6 Speed Auto transmission or the tried and tested 5 Speed Manual.

I would say MS should get the M15 Engine for the budget market and introduce the BoosterJet for the performance oriented customer and offer it in the RS Variant. The 1.4 is quite dated now and should be phased out.
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:53   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
[*]Additional Chrome

On the engine part, it would be great to have the 1.6 monster as an option for diesel. I believe it might still be cheaper than the Honda City iDtec and would be a true RS edition!
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:57   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post

On the engine part, it would be great to have the 1.6 monster as an option for diesel. I believe it might still be cheaper than the Honda City iDtec and would be a true RS edition!
Having extensively driven the Ciaz, I'd say it is definitely not worthy of the DDiS 320. The chassis dynamics and mechanical grip are simply not on par to handle the high torque of that motor over varying conditions and in the hands of a range of drivers. The 1.3 has just about enough torque though the car could handle a horsepower boost. Eitherway certainly would not call a diesel Ciaz RS anyday. Especially not a true RS edition.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:19   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz crosses a milestone - sells 100,000 cars since its launch!

Ciaz SHVS variant with its lower tax helps to increase its sales in NCR and now is the current leading the C segment sales.

Quote:
Ciaz, the first successful sedan and premium car experiment of Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest passenger vehicle maker, has touched a milestone of 100,000 units in the domestic market
Also does well in China,( Source- China Auto sales)
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-al.jpg

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2300318_1.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd June 2016 at 15:30.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 16:02   #1657
BHPian

A simple DIY removing of Ciaz AC filter for cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
For the past two days I’m getting a kind of chemical odour for 10-15 seconds when AC is switched on in my 3 months old Ciaz ZDi. After 15 seconds or so, there is no odour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Get the AC dust filter checked, located behind the glove compartment.
AC filter looks clean, except for few dried flowers and a dead insect in the grooves. Even after cleaning the filter, mild odour is still there initially when AC is turned on.

Accessing and removing AC filter was so easy. A simple DIY job! Whole cleaning process just took 5 mins.

Steps to remove the AC filter.

Open the glove box fully and gently press the sides of the box inwards. Both the sides can be pressed simultaneously or one side after other.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac1.jpg

A closer look of the left side of glove box.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac2.jpg

A closer look of the right side of glove box.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac3.jpg

After pressing the sides of the glove box, the bush/stopper comes out of the position from dashboard. Now slightly open the glove box further, so that it comes out of the dashboard completely.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac4.jpg

Once the glove box comes out of the dashboard completely (the bush/stopper on the sides of the glove box will be fully visible). Either the glove box can be detached from the hinges by pulling out or rest the box on the floor, while the hinges are intact in place.

The AC filter cover can be seen behind the glove box. The AC filter cover can be removed by pressing both the clips inward.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac5.jpg

Once the covers are removed the filter can be pulled out of the slot. There is no locking mechanism, just pull out the filter.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac7.jpg

Closer look of the AC filter.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac8.jpg

Since there was not much dust, I just tapped the filter to remove the dried flowers and insect.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ac9.jpg

While fitting back the AC filter make sure the UP mark is facing upward.

The filter cover can be fitted back by a gentle push. The glove box can be put into position by pressing the sides, so that the bush/stopper gets into the dashboard groove or just push the glove box with a slight pressure, the bush slots into the groove automatically with a thud. In case the glove box has been removed, first, the hinges needs to be slotted in place by pressing hard, there will a locking sound once it gets slotted correctly.
Old 24th June 2016, 16:16   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Having extensively driven the Ciaz, I'd say it is definitely not worthy of the DDiS 320. The chassis dynamics and mechanical grip are simply not on par to handle the high torque of that motor over varying conditions and in the hands of a range of drivers. The 1.3 has just about enough torque though the car could handle a horsepower boost. Eitherway certainly would not call a diesel Ciaz RS anyday. Especially not a true RS edition.
In China it does sell with a 1.6 petrol pumping 120 bhp. Am sure it can be managed to accommodate the torque monster here as well.

But that's like too much wishful thinking. Maruti ain't ever gonna do that!
Old 24th June 2016, 17:05   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
In China it does sell with a 1.6 petrol pumping 120 bhp. Am sure it can be managed to accommodate the torque monster here as well.
I am reffering to twisting force here. Both motors may displace the same 1.6liters and put out 120horses but the twisting force of the M16a is about 140nm vs the 320nm that the 1.6multijet puts out. The stock Ciaz chassis will not IMO handle that level of torque in the average joe's hands. Will require strengthened suspension mounting points, upgraded springs and dampers, and rear sway bar along with a front strut brace since the stock chassis simply has too much flex. Not a very driver focussed car this.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 21:01   #1660
BHPian

Guys, a question - anyone got door side beading installed ? I am looking to get black one's and get the painted body colored (Grey) - anyone done it ?
Old 27th June 2016, 09:13   #1661
BHPian

Yesterday while driving on an open highway during night, I found that the left headlamp was throwing light a bit upward than the right one. Is this normal or there's something I need to get checked?
Old 27th June 2016, 09:59   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Yesterday while driving on an open highway during night, I found that the left headlamp was throwing light a bit upward than the right one. Is this normal or there's something I need to get checked?
That is normal. Please never mess with that and try maintaining that setting when you give it to accessories shops or swap out the bulbs or anything. The right side is lower so that it does not blind oncoming traffic. This is how all cars' lighting is meant to be.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:09   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
That is normal. Please never mess with that and try maintaining that setting when you give it to accessories shops or swap out the bulbs or anything. The right side is lower so that it does not blind oncoming traffic. This is how all cars' lighting is meant to be.
Thanks for the information. Will make sure that it is maintained like that.
Old 27th June 2016, 20:52   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz facelift speculated to launch in September 2016. Do not expect mechanical changes in this facelift. While the list of features are yet to be known, early indicators are as below,

What to expect?
- the Ciaz facelift will be fitted with LED DRLs
- more premium interiors
- Sunroof ?

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th June 2016 at 20:54.
Old 27th June 2016, 23:21   #1665
BHPian

I came around a strange thing. I took delivery of my ciaz on 30th May 2016, paid all the dues on 29th May. But my extended warranty is upto 24th May 2020. Also in the Maruticare mobile app it shows that the date of delivery is 24th May. I doubt some foul play on the behalf of the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks