Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 18:28   #1801
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

If anyone is shopping for a Ciaz Diesel, kindly share the discounts on offer. The local dealer says that there is only a corporate discount of 10,000 and exchange bonus of 25000. How does one claim the 13000 refund under FAME initiative. The dealer normally reduces the exchange value for the old car by the exchange bonus value. What can one get for a 2002 Honda Accord Vti-L ?
Old 21st September 2016, 10:12   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju1971 View Post
If anyone is shopping for a Ciaz Diesel, kindly share the discounts on offer. The local dealer says that there is only a corporate discount of 10,000 and exchange bonus of 25000. How does one claim the 13000 refund under FAME initiative. The dealer normally reduces the exchange value for the old car by the exchange bonus value. What can one get for a 2002 Honda Accord Vti-L ?
Just got my ZDI+ Delivered on 2Sept in Delhi. The On road price in the price list was shown as 10.88 - 13000 FAME discount. No claims needed for FAME. The dealer will just do the discount on On road price. Got no freebie, no discounts other than this. Confirmed the same , from one other buyer and he had the same deal too. Sorry, i am not sure about the resale of your accord , but can suggest you to check a few websites for used car evaluation like cars24,carwale and some olx,quikr adverts for a similar car. You may get a fair idea by doing so.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:24   #1803
BHPian

Having purchased my Ciaz ZDi in January 2015, I have finally found some time (thanks to my kid for sparing me some valuable time !!!) to fit accessories
Do any of you have the Ciaz MGA accessories list and price details . Thanks in advance.
Old 21st September 2016, 22:51   #1804
BHPian

How does the Ciaz AT perform in terms of responsiveness and fuel economy? I have a running of about 800-1000 kms a month(70% city 30% highway) and I am considering the petrol version of the Ciaz. Does the 4-speed box feel strained on the highway while cruising at around 100-120kph? I currently drive the S-Cross (6-speed) and the SX4(5-speed, which the ciaz will replace), so I'm a bit concerned about the highway performance of the AT box. Also, how much fuel economy can I expect from the Manual and the AT petrol variant in city traffic conditions?
Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 23:00   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_MoJa View Post
Having purchased my Ciaz ZDi in January 2015, I have finally found some time (thanks to my kid for sparing me some valuable time !!!) to fit accessories
Do any of you have the Ciaz MGA accessories list and price details . Thanks in advance.
Prices from the following site is pretty much accurate -

http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=685&Itemid=10
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:27   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
How does the Ciaz AT perform in terms of responsiveness and fuel economy? I have a running of about 800-1000 kms a month(70% city 30% highway) and I am considering the petrol version of the Ciaz. Does the 4-speed box feel strained on the highway while cruising at around 100-120kph? I currently drive the S-Cross (6-speed) and the SX4(5-speed, which the ciaz will replace), so I'm a bit concerned about the highway performance of the AT box. Also, how much fuel economy can I expect from the Manual and the AT petrol variant in city traffic conditions?
Thanks
I do not own a ciaz but have had extensive test drives with it and also hired it for half a day thru zoomcar. I definitely did not feel the car to be underpowered or stressed.

As far as the usual city driving condition is concerned, i and family found ciaz with its smallish 1.4 engine and TC to have better lower end torque when compared to its compatriots (barring TSI of course).

With the hired vehicle i did hit the Noida-Greater Noida expressway and did manage to hit about 100-120 kph and found the engine adequate for most Indian highways. Naturally the engine did not feel as competent as the turbocharged diesels but is by no means a sluggish performer.

The general perception here is that ciaz is a leisurely performer, but i would like to humbly disagree with that.

Btw, i too come from an SX4 Diesel which i again find to be a very competent performer.

IMO, you should take a longist TD or hire the ciaz AT with zoomcar and test it for yourself. I'm sure you would concur with me as like many on this thread
Prodigyy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 20:53   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
How does the Ciaz AT perform in terms of responsiveness and fuel economy? I have a running of about 800-1000 kms a month(70% city 30% highway) and I am considering the petrol version of the Ciaz. Does the 4-speed box feel strained on the highway while cruising at around 100-120kph?

I've extensively driven the AT and found out from personal experience as well as from my customers who've bought the Ciaz AT that the tuning of AT is slightly better than MT. Low speed drivability is good and she will comfortably cruise on highways all day long. Real world FE in stop and go traffic is 9-10kmpl and in moving ( moderate ) traffic is 14-15. Highway FE is around 17+.

Do take a longish TD and then decide. A back to back TD of MT and AT will make you notice the difference.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:00   #1808
BHPian

Hi,
A relative of mine is planning to buy Ciaz and he belongs to Jaipur (Rajasthan). He also have one address proof in Delhi. When we checked On-Road price there was huge difference between Delhi and Jaipur prices. We want to register car from Rajasthan because it will be used there for its entire ownership.

Car: Ciaz ZDI+
Ex-showroom Delhi: 9,54,000
OTR Delhi: 10,70,000

Ex-showroom Jaipur: 10,45,000
OTR Jaipur: 12,00,000

Looking at above difference if i choose following option
1) Buy car from Delhi on lower Ex-showroom with temporary registration
2) Take it to Jaipur (4-5 hrs drive)
3) Register there.

Will there be any saving? Some people mentioned Delhi state is giving extra discount on Ciaz due to its hybrid nature so as soon as i take it to Jaipur i will end up paying extra which will in the end turn out to be same (may be 15-20K difference but not like 100K difference).

Now i am not sure all these theories they are giving so we purchase car from Jaipur showroom. I also know if i go to any showroom in Delhi they will advocate against it because they want to sell.

Please let me know how inter state RTO works and how its different for Ciaz. If there is that much amount of saving than why not everyone purchase from Delhi and take it to their own state? (of course it has to be closeby)
Old 23rd September 2016, 02:02   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Please let me know how inter state RTO works and how its different for Ciaz. If there is that much amount of saving than why not everyone purchase from Delhi and take it to their own state? (of course it has to be closeby)
If you can get your vehicle registered in Delhi, then that would be the best resort. Considering the proximity, Delhi cars should not be any problem in Jaipur. The savings are substantial to say the least.
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:06   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
A relative of mine is planning to buy Ciaz and he belongs to Jaipur (Rajasthan). He also have one address proof in Delhi. When we checked On-Road price there was huge difference between Delhi and Jaipur prices. We want to register car from Rajasthan because it will be used there for its entire ownership.

Car: Ciaz ZDI+
Ex-showroom Delhi: 9,54,000
OTR Delhi: 10,70,000

Ex-showroom Jaipur: 10,45,000
OTR Jaipur: 12,00,000

Looking at above difference if i choose following option
1) Buy car from Delhi on lower Ex-showroom with temporary registration
2) Take it to Jaipur (4-5 hrs drive)
3) Register there.

Will there be any saving? Some people mentioned Delhi state is giving extra discount on Ciaz due to its hybrid nature so as soon as i take it to Jaipur i will end up paying extra which will in the end turn out to be same (may be 15-20K difference but not like 100K difference).

Now i am not sure all these theories they are giving so we purchase car from Jaipur showroom. I also know if i go to any showroom in Delhi they will advocate against it because they want to sell.

You wont get a temporary registeration for ciaz. As its a policy of maruti that ciaz sold in Delhi won't be registered temporarily, reason being that it would lead to nil sales in nearby places. So its best to buy and get it registered from delhi itself. I dont think there's an issue in Jaipur for driving a car registered outside state. Infact I have never heard of such a problem in north india. It's only in places like Mumbai, Banglore etc. Where there are issues regarding driving cars registered outside state. North Indian authorities are cool.
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:19   #1811
BHPian

Thanks for reply,
What u mentioned is correct. I have also confirmed this with showroom here and this policy is valid for Ciaz, Etriga which has hybrid diesel engine.

- Temporary registration is not possible in delhi. In delhi they are doing permanent registration for these cars.
- Dealers are asked to not release these cars on temporary registration for with outside Delhi billing address. If caught Maruti can fine that dealers with 5L of penalty.
- These actions were taken because dealers from nearly HR, UP complained that their sales was effected.
- On another note when i checked with a RTO officer at Jaipur (known relative, This info might not be total accurate but i am stating what he said). He also mentioned that in Delhi we are paying 5% tax to state but that is 13% at Rajasthan for ciaz. When you purchase a car in Rajasthan, Maruti pays this tax to state and charges to customer. So in this case because you purchased car from Delhi and took it to other state for registration, here Rajasthan state has lost some money. So by rules Rajasthan state can charge 13% or 8% (He was not sure here) to recover that amount. However this might not get followed strictly.

Last edited by karansm4u : 23rd September 2016 at 13:20.
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:19   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
- On another note when i checked with a RTO officer at Jaipur (known relative, This info might not be total accurate but i am stating what he said). He also mentioned that in Delhi we are paying 5% tax to state but that is 13% at Rajasthan for ciaz. When you purchase a car in Rajasthan, Maruti pays this tax to state and charges to customer. So in this case because you purchased car from Delhi and took it to other state for registration, here Rajasthan state has lost some money. So by rules Rajasthan state can charge 13% or 8% (He was not sure here) to recover that amount. However this might not get followed strictly.
As per law there is a violation. The tax mentioned by you is VAT. But practically what I have seen in Delhi, UP, Uttrakhand, Chandigarh (Jaipur I cant say) is that firstly there are rarely any RTO checks for private cars, secondly policemen check for papers and are hardly bothered with where your car is registered if your documents are upto the mark. Also if ever someone asks regarding this you can make an excuse and get away.
Old 24th September 2016, 20:53   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Ciaz owners check your local dealership for any circular regarding suspension bushings. Two of my customers complained of some noise while traversing potholes at low speeds and the service advisors said something about a circular for suspension bushings. I'm not clear on the exact component. Heard it verbally. Part wasn't in stock, hence asked to come next week. It'll be covered under FOC.

Last edited by blackwasp : 24th September 2016 at 20:55.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 23:35   #1814
BHPian

Picked wheel lock nuts from McGuard US, size is M12 * 1.25 fits perfectly onto my ciaz zdi. Some of the reviews on Amazon had mentioned that the lock nut protrudes alot and its easier to remove with a plier. Fortunately it doesn't protrude too much on oem rim
Old 26th September 2016, 15:42   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Ciaz owners check your local dealership for any circular regarding suspension bushings. Two of my customers complained of some noise while traversing potholes at low speeds and the service advisors said something about a circular for suspension bushings. I'm not clear on the exact component. Heard it verbally. Part wasn't in stock, hence asked to come next week. It'll be covered under FOC.
Thanks for this information. Will check with the service center specially since i have been hearing the same noise on my new Ciaz ZDI+ since day 1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks