Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:24   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Can you let us know , if your work done is satisfactory. I am assuming that this is the same part being talked of here.

I am still waiting for my service centre to confirm the availability of this part and intent to get it replaced soon
Sadly, no. The ugly noise showed itself again in another 1k kms itself. I was sick of taking the car to the service centre again and again, a brand new one at that and a Maruti for crying out loud. I have recorded the noise as well and will get it sorted in the 5k service.

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd November 2016 at 10:52. Reason: blank lines removed
Old 28th October 2016, 06:25   #1862
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Anyone knows if Maruti has plans to launch a Ciaz with a bigger petrol engine, like a 1.6 liter petrol?
Old 28th October 2016, 14:51   #1863
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Anyone knows if Maruti has plans to launch a Ciaz with a bigger petrol engine, like a 1.6 liter petrol?
As mentioned by Prodigyy on page 180 of this thread, Ciaz is expected to come with a 1.5 N/A Petrol, but it's launch is not expected before the end of 2017.
Old 29th October 2016, 18:36   #1864
BHPian

The green SHVS light on the dashboard of my ciaz mostly lights up on acceleration. I have seldom seen it light up on deceleration. Does that mean the regenerative energy during braking isnot working on my ciaz. I have noticed deceleration lights comes mostly after cold starts for the 1st few kms.
Old 29th October 2016, 18:56   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
The green SHVS light on the dashboard of my ciaz mostly lights up on acceleration. I have seldom seen it light up on deceleration. Does that mean the regenerative energy during braking isnot working on my ciaz. I have noticed deceleration lights comes mostly after cold starts for the 1st few kms.
Try disabling SHVS via console button while driving, and enable it after couple of minutes. See if it makes a difference..otherwise, for me the light lits up both ways, acceleration and de-acceleration.
Old 29th October 2016, 19:16   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Try disabling SHVS via console button while driving, and enable it after couple of minutes. See if it makes a difference..otherwise, for me the light lits up both ways, acceleration and de-acceleration.
Thanks for the solution bro but i guess the button is just for auto engine shut off. Can u tell me at what rpms the light comes on during de-acceleration.
Old 29th October 2016, 20:39   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the solution bro but i guess the button is just for auto engine shut off. Can u tell me at what rpms the light comes on during de-acceleration.
Oh no, its not just for auto engine shut down, but for the whole SHVS system - because, when I did turn it OFF, I did not notice the green light lit up - while accelerating or de-accelerating.

I don't think it has to do anything with RPM's - mine comes up irrespective of the RPM - be it on any gear.

Just remembered, mine also stopped working - for a whole 10 kms or so, but it was because the engine hood was not properly shut - I did not properly closed it after filling up windshield water. Maybe check yours as well ?
Old 29th October 2016, 20:46   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Oh no, its not just for auto engine shut down, but for the whole SHVS system - because, when I did turn it OFF, I did not notice the green light lit up - while accelerating or de-accelerating.

I don't think it has to do anything with RPM's - mine comes up irrespective of the RPM - be it on any gear.

Just remembered, mine also stopped working - for a whole 10 kms or so, but it was because the engine hood was not properly shut - I did not properly closed it after filling up windshield water. Maybe check yours as well ?
I went for a short ride now with the shvs off. The light didnot show now for both acceleration asbwell as de-acceleration. But even after switching on the button still the shvs dint work. Also bonnet is closed properly. I think shvs in my ciaz has some issue.
Old 29th October 2016, 22:43   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
I went for a short ride now with the shvs off. The light didnot show now for both acceleration asbwell as de-acceleration. But even after switching on the button still the shvs dint work. Also bonnet is closed properly. I think shvs in my ciaz has some issue.

Maybe you can get it checked. But for SHVS to work, >>>

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshot_20161029223919_1.jpg
Old 1st November 2016, 11:29   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Another Fantastic Month for Maruti's Ciaz, Totally 6360 units were dispatched last month (October 2016).

An overall Increase of 8% over last year. Will it retain the Top Spot, we'll only get to know that after City's Numbers are revealed.

Source
Old 1st November 2016, 11:36   #1871
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Another Fantastic Month for Maruti's Ciaz, Totally 6360 units were dispatched last month (October 2016).
Does this include exports?

If not, it is a very good number and I dont think the City can beat it for now.
Old 1st November 2016, 11:42   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Does this include exports?

If not, it is a very good number and I dont think the City can beat it for now.
No this doesn't include Export. Infact, Ciaz sales has picked up since Maruti launched SHVS. City sales has gone down, particularly Diesel.

Also, there are rumours of New 1.6 L Petrol Engine, this should increase its appeal further. I expect the City sales to be around 5800 mark.
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:04   #1873
BHPian

having issues with reverse gear, it does not slot correctly and i have to apply force(sometimes this wouldn't work, it makes a grinding noise) or shift to 1st gear move the car a little bit and then slot reverse gear.

Spoke to SA and he says, its there in every ciaz car and cannot be rectified, the only way to fix is to move the car a little bit in 1st gear and then slot reverse gear.

I stay in a crowded street and park my car in a tight spot, this becomes nuisance every single time when i take the car out! Bhpians, please suggest if you have overcome this problem? or have any other suggestion?

Last edited by Sri Vathsa : 3rd November 2016 at 16:06.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:06   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Spoke to SA and he says, its there in every ciaz car and cannot be rectified, the only way to fix is to move the car a little bit in 1st gear and then slot reverse gear.
This is what I dont like with Maruti's service. When they are clueless, they call it normal. I have a Ciaz and at no instance, I found any gear not engaging. Write to Maruti and check if this is the best they could design.
Old 4th November 2016, 17:15   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
This is what I dont like with Maruti's service. When they are clueless, they call it normal. I have a Ciaz and at no instance, I found any gear not engaging. Write to Maruti and check if this is the best they could design.
I believe this is usual with Marutis. It happened to me on Swift and Alto too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks