Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2017, 11:14   #1996
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Looking to buy a Ciaz in Bangalore. Any ideas on what should be the negotiated OTR price for the AT models? Any preferred dealers?
Old 25th February 2017, 13:42   #1997
Senior - BHPian

I think the Ciaz has got all the ingredients which makes a classic best seller in India atleast on the likes of say the Esteem/800 etc. In the future maybe people will think of the Ciaz(if it ever were to be discontinued) how people think of cars like the Esteem/800 today.

The only chink in it's armor is the smaller displacement engines which i hope Maruti addresses. If in the coming years if the Ciaz comes with a more punchier engine this could be the car i could be looking at once the time comes to replace my current ride.

I hope Maruti really looks at plonking a better engine and more safety features like better chassis etc in the Ciaz and make it a better car. What Maruti needs to understand that if they provide buyers like me with the following features it sure could eat into the D Segment pie as well. I think the Ciaz interiors are fairly luxurious and spacious. What it needs is the 'Bang' for the buck features like below.

A bigger engine
All wheel disk brakes
ESP
Side Air bags
Better & strengthened body

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 25th February 2017 at 13:55.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 15:12   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
my dad's suraksha ciaz lead confirmed that:
"Ciaz is just shifting to Nexa without any engine changes. Engine is going to remain the same.
They are taking bookings for Ciaz and it takes 30 days for delivery.
No new 1.6 engines or so for the Ciaz. Just rumour. He gave example of SX4 and said there were similar rumours for SX4 1.6 engine for many years and nobody was buying SX4"

So all the news of 1.6 engine is clear speculation. When they have not imported any 1.6 engines, how will they plonk them in the Ciaz? No 1.6 Diesel engine coming into the Ciaz
Won't it be detrimental to Suzuki's bottom line if they shift Ciaz to NEXA, as there aren't enough NEXA dealerships? I feel at least the petrol will need an engine upgrade to bring it up to date to take on the 2017 Honda City.
Old 25th February 2017, 23:10   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I feel at least the petrol will need an engine upgrade to bring it up to date to take on the 2017 Honda City.
There are rumours that Ciaz will get the 102 bhp 1 L boosterjet engine fron Baleno RS. But it wont be enough to pip the craker of an engine in the City.
Old 26th February 2017, 21:46   #2000
BHPian

Yesterday was a tragic day for me. A 3.5yr old kid converted my car into a writing board, and my car's paint went for a six. Mar 2015 model Ciaz ZXI.
I took the car to a nearby dealer. He says since this isn't road accident scratches, he will get one side painted under insurance. On further probing, he confessed that they will create dents to one side and claim insurance portraying an accident. Even then i will have to spend around 15K for the rest of the car.
Spoke to another Non-Maruti reputed car workshop in Indore. He has called me tom with original Insurance papers.
Any advice, as to how do i take it forward. Pls advice friends.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-1.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-2.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-3.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-4.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-5.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-6.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-7.jpg  

Old 26th February 2017, 22:11   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Yesterday was a tragic day for me. A 3.5yr old kid converted my car into a writing board, and my car's paint went for a six. Mar 2015 model Ciaz ZXI.
I took the car to a nearby dealer. He says since this isn't road accident scratches, he will get one side painted under insurance. On further probing, he confessed that they will create dents to one side and claim insurance portraying an accident. Even then i will have to spend around 15K for the rest of the car.
Spoke to another Non-Maruti reputed car workshop in Indore. He has called me tom with original Insurance papers.
No need to 'create' an accident, please check if your policy covers for 'vandalism or malicious acts'!
If I am not mistaken, most comprehensive insurance policies cover for such 'malicious acts'!

Edit: I have just managed to download (and upload) the Policy wordings of ICICI Lombard Bike Insurance.
Please refer to Point 7 in Section 1 of Loss or Damage to the Vehicle Insured - a comprehensive policy covers damage caused by "malicious acts"

You need to be claiming under this; please do not get led down the garden path by Insurance agents/Workshop people advising you otherwise!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf two-wheeler-package-policy.pdf (211.6 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by cpbopanna : 26th February 2017 at 22:31.
cpbopanna is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 22:36   #2002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday was a tragic day for me. A 3.5yr old kid converted my car into a writing board, and my car's paint went for a six. Mar 2015 model Ciaz ZXI..
From the pics, it looks more like a clear coat damage. Can you kindly check and revert back?? There is a really nice video which explains how to remove such scratches.

If its turns out to be a clear coat damage, any good professional detailer can help you out. Its just that I avoid workshop repairs, because factory paint can never be matched. So hoping that it is still repairable. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 22:40   #2003
BHPian

Please go with the advise of the local agent.
2 years back on the way back from Pondicherry before Krishnagiri, there were villagers protesting on the road. The protests turned violent and they started attacking the passerby vehicles. One stone broke my windscreen and the others caused damage to the top of the car.

MASS told us to say that it was caused by a coconuts falling on the car. If we had not heeded his advice, we would have had to go to police station on the way near Krishnagiri.

Always go with what the service station folks say. They know the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
No need to 'create' an accident, please check if your policy covers for 'vandalism or malicious acts'!
If I am not mistaken, most comprehensive insurance policies cover for such 'malicious acts'!

Edit: I have just managed to download (and upload) the Policy wordings of ICICI Lombard Bike Insurance.
Please refer to Point 7 in Section 1 of Loss or Damage to the Vehicle Insured - a comprehensive policy covers damage caused by "malicious acts"

You need to be claiming under this; please do not get led down the garden path by Insurance agents/Workshop people advising you otherwise!
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 22:44   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Thanks a lot. That i what i have done now. When confronted with facts, the MASS SA agreed that it is possible. Filed a FIR under IPC 427 against unknown persons. Tom the surveyor will check my car. Lets see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
From the pics, it looks more like a clear coat damage. Can you kindly check and revert back?? There is a really nice video which explains how to remove such scratches.

If its turns out to be a clear coat damage, any good professional detailer can help you out. Its just that I avoid workshop repairs, because factory paint can never be matched. So hoping that it is still repairable. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Shashi
I was hoping like hell that ur words turn true. I got it checked from two different places including a detailer. Unfortunately its a much deeper damage than clear coat damage. So im left with no other option. Thanks for the lovely video, will keep that in mind for minor damages in future.
sandeep959 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 23:23   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
You sure it was a kid ?! And not just your neighbor trying to level out the score ?? This is absurd...not even a single panel is left untouched - almost the whole car is covered by it.
Old 27th February 2017, 23:47   #2006
Senior - BHPian

How do you know it's a kid? Is it a known one? If true, then he needs to be watched for such willing destruction of others' property.
Old 27th February 2017, 23:56   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday was a tragic day for me. A 3.5yr old kid converted my car into a writing board, and my car's paint went for a six.
Really depressing . Looks like except roof, boot & front bumper all other panels has to be repainted :o. I'm wondering how did u manage to stay sane after seeig this.

Is the damage in any of the panels limited only to cleatcoat to avoid repainting? Since it's not a generic color, I don't know how the workshop repaint will look as compared to factory paint. Hopefully, all will be good and you'll get an almost-full car repaint at the cost of NCB.
Old 28th February 2017, 17:14   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
This is not a job of a kid playing. Even if it is (if you have proof) take it up with the kid's parents. They are responsible and have to pay for it.
File a Police complaint immediately. If it has happened once it can happen again.
Old 28th February 2017, 17:21   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Just try out cotton dabbed in rectified spirit or after shave in a small area if it does the job, then you can try it out over larger areas. Looks like a 'Neighbours Envy, Owners pride' kind of a job. Did you see that little rascal do it?

Last edited by Durango Dude : 28th February 2017 at 17:24.
Old 2nd March 2017, 00:00   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
If you are not so keen on the SmartPlay system and the 16 inch alloys and leather interior, then even the ZXi AT is excellent. You get all the other features, albeit with 15 inch alloys, 185/65/15 tyres and no reversing camera, though you do get reverse parking sensors. Even the sunblind for the rear windscreen is available in the ZXi model.
May I suggest a small correction friend.

The Ciaz ZXI for sure comes with a reverse parking camera and sensor set up as well. The display screen on the ZXI however is inbuilt into the rear view mirror as against the ZXI+ where the infotainment system itself doubles up as the display for rear view camera.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks