Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2017, 20:09   #2116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Orvm of my ciaz Vdi+ broke few days back. Now when my brother inquired at local mass he was quoted shocking figure of rs7000 including painting and fitting. Is this price right? Are maruti spares, labour and painting charges this high?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, the pricing is almost correct, I paid around 6700. But, what the service Centre wouldn't inform you is there are child parts for the orvm (outer cover, led light assembly, mirror and then the complete set).

Depending on the part, you can get that replaced, for example if it's only the outer cover its better to get that online (cost is around 400 I think, and then get it painted and replaced by local mechanic) led indicator part is about 2200.

Last edited by Sri Vathsa : 27th May 2017 at 20:10.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 21:44   #2117
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I got a MGA spoiler for my Ciaz Diesel Alpha yesterday from the dealer. It's expensive at 9,990 but many parts (such as the light assembly) are imported from Japan. It also came with replacement springs for the trunk mechanism (since the trunk lid has increased weight) and also a new rubber lining for entire the trunk seal. Unfortunately the dealer was not able to install the new springs and the new rubber lining and said to get it done at the first servicing.

Anyone has any idea on why a new rubber lining is required for the trunk? Has it got to do with the increased weight of the trunk due to the spoiler? The rubber lining looks almost exactly like the current one.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20170526_173047.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170526-11.42.36-am.jpeg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170526-12.14.02-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Zappo : 29th May 2017 at 17:26. Reason: Some typos corrected.
Foxbat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 22:15   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Yes, the pricing is almost correct, I paid around 6700. But, what the service Centre wouldn't inform you is there are child parts for the orvm (outer cover, led light assembly, mirror and then the complete set).
Even I am thinking about getting it done outside. Today I inquired at few shops but non of them had in stock but all of them said same can be arranged in 24 hours. Price is approx rs 3200 and will get it painted at Raja paints, Gurgaon.
Old 27th May 2017, 22:50   #2119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Anyone have any idea why a new rubber lining is required for the trunk?.
Yes sir. It will compensate the extra weight added over the regular boot lid.

The new one would be of the same shape but thicker so doesn't flatten out or loose shape over time. Do you have any images of the springs and the lining?

PS: I see you are from Hyderabad. Where are you located? Would love to see the Blue shade in flesh once if possible.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 23:26   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes sir. It will compensate the extra weight added over the regular boot lid.

The new one would be of the same shape but thicker so doesn't flatten out or loose shape over time. Do you have any images of the springs and the lining?

PS: I see you are from Hyderabad. Where are you located? Would love to see the Blue shade in flesh once if possible.
I was just hesitant in replacing the lining as I just took delivery of the car exactly 2 weeks ago and according to the stickers on the car it was manufactured exactly 1 month ago (April 27)

Will see what the service advisors say at the first servicing at the 1 month mark. No pictures as of now, will try to take some. On first glance the springs and rubber lining look almost exactly like the original ones.

I live in Gachibowli very close to ISB.
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 23:43   #2121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got a MGA spoiler for my Ciaz Diesel Alpha yesterday from the dealer.
Looks brilliant.

I have been told that it comes pre-colored. Is it true?? Or did it come just primered and your NEXA had to paint it for you??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 23:50   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Looks brilliant.

I have been told that it comes pre-colored. Is it true?? Or did it come just primered and your NEXA had to paint it for you??

Regards,
Shashi
It had to be ordered from Gurgaon and came pre-colored. Manufacturing date is
November 2015 as per the packaging but I think the Nexa blue color was launched only recently hence it must have been painted recently. It looks freshly painted.

Unfortunately it has a large scratch when it was delivered that I noticed only after I brought the car home Luckily its on the bottom of the spoiler hence not visible.
Foxbat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 23:53   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Orvm of my ciaz Vdi+ broke few days back. Now when my brother inquired at local mass he was quoted shocking figure of rs7000 including painting and fitting. Is this price right? Are maruti spares, labour and painting charges this high?
Thanks in advance.
Maruti Spares are available off the shelf. Why don't you buy the mirror form MGP outlet and get the rest of work done at a FNG?
Yes, Maruti service is no longer cheap, however most of it is due to scams and additional line items to con the unsuspecting customers.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 23:54   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Manufacturing date is November 2015 as per the packaging but I think the Nexa blue color was launched only recently hence it must have been painted recently.
Just a small correction, the Blue shade was in production at MSIL plant since 2015. I guess it was for the export market.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-marutisuzukiciazspiednewbluecolourshadecouldbeciazz.jpg

However, the NEXA packaging also makes me believe that it's recently produced, because only recently Ciaz shifted to NEXA.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 27th May 2017 at 23:58.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 11:37   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Maruti Spares are available off the shelf. Why don't you buy the mirror form MGP outlet and get the rest of work done at a FNG?
Yes, Maruti service is no longer cheap, however most of it is due to scams and additional line items to con the unsuspecting customers.
Yes, even I am planning same. Inquired at few MGP oulet, none of them had in stock but all of them said same can be arranged in 24 hours. Price approx rs 3200.
Old 28th May 2017, 12:10   #2126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Just a small correction, the Blue shade was in production at MSIL plant since 2015. I guess it was for the export market.

Attachment 1642965

However, the NEXA packaging also makes me believe that it's recently produced, because only recently Ciaz shifted to NEXA.
The November 2015 manufacturing is only for the lamp in the spoiler and not the spoiler itself. 😊

That explains it.
Old 28th May 2017, 13:31   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The November 2015 manufacturing is only for the lamp in the spoiler and not the spoiler itself. 😊

That explains it.
Obviously, but the big box pictured above (which had all the components) also had a label which had date of manufacture as October or November 2015.

I think they just took the older unpainted spoiler, painted it Nexa Blue and put in a new box but kept the original manufacturing date.
Old 29th May 2017, 17:55   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Does the unit on Ciaz Alpha have a pre out? If no, how does Nexa officially sell the amplifier and Passive woofers?

The reason for asking is to confirm whether we can get amplifiers and components installed from outside.

Also, there are three different types of tyres - Apollo, MRF and Goodyear. I have had a bad experience with Goodyear. MRF's lasted well on the Lancer but no idea about Apollo. Which is a better tyre for a quieter ride? Apollo or MRF?

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2017 at 10:06. Reason: Language errors
devarshi84 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th May 2017, 19:15   #2129
BHPian

I took delivery 15 days ago and completed 700 km today. Most of the distance was late night joyrides on the highway. The ride was always bouncy but I thought its a new car and never bothered to check the tire pressure.

Today I took delivery of this digital tyre pressure gauge:
http://www.amazon.in/Romic-Digital-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B01EAEJK66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496065160&sr=8-1&keywords=romic+tyre+pressure+gauge

Checked the cold tire pressure and it was showing between 45-47 PSI for all four tires (Recommended is Front 32 Rear 29 PSI )

I thought the gauge must be defective but just to be sure took it to a petrol pump to double check. The pressure was in fact correct.

Really don't know what kind of pre delivery inspection these Maruti (Nexa) guys have done. Just wondering what the pressure must have been at the time of delivery
Old 29th May 2017, 19:45   #2130
BHPian

Quote:

Checked the cold tire pressure and it was showing between 45-47 PSI for all four tires (Recommended is Front 32 Rear 29 PSI )

I thought the gauge must be defective but just to be sure took it to a petrol pump to double check. The pressure was in fact correct.

Really don't know what kind of pre delivery inspection these Maruti (Nexa) guys have done. Just wondering what the pressure must have been at the time of delivery
I have witnessed first hand why this happens. During the second service of my Ertiga a young trainee was filling air in the Ertiga tyres.

As usual I was on the shop floor keeping a close eye on things.

The kid proceeds to set the digits to 34 on the machine and starts filling. I noticed that the units he had set was kg/cm2 instead of PSI.

So 3.4 kg/cm2 = 48.3 PSI

The guy being a trainee and on a learning curve I was gentle on him. Made him stop, explained what he was doing wrong. And to his credit he was a willing learner too.

Elementary but can have disastrous results in certain circumstances.

Last edited by Ramon : 29th May 2017 at 19:46.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks