Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2017, 15:27   #2176
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Post GST, expect a bump in price - about a Lakh more !!

Both Ciaz and Ertiga would be affected. Definitely would cause a dent in monthly sales figures.
Source :
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/gst-impac...t-more-1717484
This is only for the SHVS (mild hybrid) variants for Ciaz and Ertiga.

Maruti may continue these variants or even knock off the SHVS systems from these cars. Normal variants will most likely see a price drop and hence, sales will remain more or less on the same lines; except for a minor spike that may be seen in the initial months due to waiting sales materialising after GST price drop.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 28th June 2017 at 15:36.
Old 1st July 2017, 20:26   #2177
BHPian

Finally got delivery of Ciaz Petrol Alpa Grey color.

However wanted to know that my VIN Number has 00 in the place of the Month and Year of Car manufacturing. What does that mean? Also checked my odo reading is only 100Kms at time of delivery (cause of the runs from Thane to versova RTO). Can some one please assist in why there is 00 and what does that mean?

Regards,
Adil Jamal
Old 3rd July 2017, 18:32   #2178
BHPian

I replaced the position lights in my Ciaz with LEDs. I plan to replace the High Beam to H7 Philips Diamond Vision. I also want to replace the bulbs in the projectors but the Manual says they are H7/H11. Does that mean both can fit? Or it depends on the version of the car?

I also tried replacing the interior bulbs with LEDs but the original bulbs won't come out. I tried pulling them and screwing them out but they won't move. Has anyone has changed their interior bulbs?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20170703_181337.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2017, 19:02   #2179
BANNED

Can you post an image of the LED which you used to replace in the parking lamps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I also want to replace the bulbs in the projectors but the Manual says they are H7/H11. Does that mean both can fit? Or it depends on the version of the car?
I just looked up the manual and it is H7/H11*

*Whichever bulb is there in the car at the time of replacement, that is what is to be used is what the manual is trying to convey.

But I am not sure if H11 can be used in place of H7.

Quote:
I also tried replacing the interior bulbs with LEDs but the original bulbs won't come out.
Is this the front interior light bulbs or the central one?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:08   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you post an image of the LED which you used to replace in the parking lamps?

I just looked up the manual and it is H7/H11*

*Whichever bulb is there in the car at the time of replacement, that is what is to be used is what the manual is trying to convey.

But I am not sure if H11 can be used in place of H7.

Is this the front interior light bulbs or the central one?
Here are the LED parking lights.

Bought from Amazon

The interior lights are the front ones right behind the sunglasses holder. As far I know there are no central interior lights, just one each above each rear door.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-71cflnfdirl._sl1500_.jpg  

Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:19   #2181
BANNED

Quote:
The interior lights are the front ones right behind the sunglasses holder. As far I know there are no central interior lights, just one each above each rear door.
Oops, Sorry for the mistake. I forgot that Ciaz doesn't get the central lamp.
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:25   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilj View Post
Finally got delivery of Ciaz Petrol Alpa Grey color.

However wanted to know that my VIN Number has 00 in the place of the Month and Year of Car manufacturing. What does that mean? Also checked my odo reading is only 100Kms at time of delivery (cause of the runs from Thane to versova RTO). Can some one please assist in why there is 00 and what does that mean?

Regards,
Adil Jamal

Hi,

Look at the Vin number pasted on the engine cover. It will have the entire VIN then x and then the two alphabets which denote the month and year of manufacturing. This is a new method adopted by MS

Hope this helps
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:26   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Hi,

Look at the Vin number pasted on the engine cover. It will have the entire VIN then x and then the two alphabets which denote the month and year of manufacturing. This is a new method adopted by MS

Hope this helps
Thanks will check it out once I am back.
Old 4th July 2017, 11:48   #2184
BHPian

Hi Guys

As most of us have already discussed that the Ciaz SHVS prices have gone up by almost 1.8 lakhs post GST , does that mean we get a good resale now? Looking forward to your thoughts .
Old 4th July 2017, 11:59   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Guys

As most of us have already discussed that the Ciaz SHVS prices have gone up by almost 1.8 lakhs post GST , does that mean we get a good resale now? Looking forward to your thoughts .
As far as I understand, it would mean that people will stop buying SHVS as its too expensive for what it offers. Maruti might remove SHVS altogether. To answer your question, your car can probably get a small premium over a non SHVS but dont think it will be significantly higher, in my opinion
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:55   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

Only if odd even is brought again and ciaz again gets exemption. As new verna is on the verge of releasing and city facelift is not bad either, resale price won't be in comparison to new prices.
Old 7th July 2017, 16:15   #2187
BHPian

Help Needed- Ciaz Steering Issue

Hi Guys

I have a 2016 Ciaz ZDI+ SHVS. Its a decent car in its price point and i have enjoyed the luxury it offers for the price. It has done close to 18.5 kms by now. Off late, i felt that the steering has started feeling much harder than it used to be before. The feeling started at around 12k ODO. I got that checked with my regular MASS in Noida and they checked the torque values , alignment etc and told me everything looks fine. Not satisfied by their answer i called up Nexa helpline and was told to consult another MASS. Went ahead to another one , spoke to the GM there and this time got it checked by jacking up the car and opening a few parts from below the engine(Sorry not sure exactly what are they called) and checking the torque values again. Again, i was told that there is nothing wrong here.

I dont know why, but some how in this process the steering got fine. That stiffness was not there any longer and i could happily drive till now for another 4-5k kms. A few days back i got the wheels balanced at a local shop and all was ok, till after a week i went to a fuel station and got the tyre presssure checked. Seemed like the tyre pressure was on a higher side and the machine reduced quite a few PSIs on tyres. I think ,now the steering started feeling as stiff as it was feeling earlier. Got the tyre pressure dohble checked at another time at a different place, but the steering feels the same.

My problem is, Everytime, i report this to MASS, they say - if the torque values are ok , its all OK. I did check a few more Ciaz by driving them, i felt that the steering is not butter smooth in them either but yes there is a difference. But that difference is a just like a marginal line where going beyond that it feels hard and pain to drive but is difficult to explain it to the technicians. Or may be the MASS guys are trained to pretend until the problem gets worse.

I had various thoughts and i tried to figure out the possible causes but nothing seems to be working. I have already tried to discuss this on 1-2 Ciaz threads here in the forum but somehow, could not get enough of responses there so seeking a help from you guys again. Some information that i can provide you guys to help me out is as below

1 Tyre Pressure- Checked and maintained to 32-33 PSI
2 Car had a suspension bush replaced as part of recall - Yes they opened a few parts from suspension/steering below but it drove OK even after 7k kms after that
3 As mentioned earlier, i already have got EPS checked for torque values
4 Tyres are Stock Good Years ZDI+ variant size 195/55 R16
5 Alignment,Balacing already done

My questions are
1 For EPS, if the torque values are coming out to be OK, what else could be a suspect.
2 Why is that MASS never feels it to be harder
3 What else should be checked by MASS. Are they trying to avoid their effort here ?
4 Is there anyone else or a Garage other than MASS who can help me
5 How can i escalate this to Maruti if needed.

Thanks In Advance

Rasing
Old 7th July 2017, 22:12   #2188
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Help Needed- Ciaz Steering Issue

Quote:
Off late, i felt that the steering has started feeling much harder than it used to be before. The feeling started at around 12k ODO.
One probable cause may be for the initial 12k km tires might have had higher pressure.

Quote:
Seemed like the tyre pressure was on a higher side and the machine reduced quite a few PSIs on tyres. I think ,now the steering started feeling as stiff as it was feeling earlier. Got the tyre pressure dohble checked at another time at a different place, but the steering feels the same.
What was the (higher) tire pressure? Have you faced any issues (stiffer ride, etc) with higher pressure? If not and if the pressure is just few psi above the recommended value try following the same.

Quote:
My questions are
1 For EPS, if the torque values are coming out to be OK, what else could be a suspect.
2 Why is that MASS never feels it to be harder
3 What else should be checked by MASS. Are they trying to avoid their effort here ?
4 Is there anyone else or a Garage other than MASS who can help me
5 How can i escalate this to Maruti if needed.
1) Where was the torque checked? Assuming it is on the stand still condition, EPS assist will not remain same and depends on various factors including vehicle speed. Try checking with A.S.S. if they could measure the steering effort at dynamic conditions (mostly they wont)
2) Either that's the fact or they are simply washing their hands (since the feeling is subjective)
3) Steering effort (if they could)
4) If it is mechanical issue, any competent mechanic could do. But I doubt if they could do anything in the EPS tune map
5) I remember seeing some contact details in other thread, try searching (I'll do from my side as well)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 22:30   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

. A few days back i got the wheels balanced at a local shop and all was ok, till after a week i went to a fuel station and got the tyre presssure checked. Seemed like the tyre pressure was on a higher side and the machine reduced quite a few PSIs on tyres. I think ,now the steering started feeling as stiff as it was feeling earlier. Got the tyre pressure dohble checked at another time at a different place, but the steering feels the same.
I think you checked the tyres for their inflated pressure when they were warm. They might have been warm because you did drive to the fuel station. Always check for tyre pressure when the tyres are cold, buy yourself a small pressure gauge for that. Ok now your problem seems to be your tyres and their pressure which is why you feel the steering needs some more effort than usual. Try inflating the tyres about 2psi more than recommended (this actually is a good practice to improve fuel efficiency) and check the steering effort.
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 11:11   #2190
BHPian

This morning i got the the tyres filled for 36 psi but it still doesnt seem to be that lite. Actually that stiff feel is felt after a few kms of driving. Specially since i drive around 35kms one side daily. So its a total of 70kms daily.

Also the EPS was checked by the two stations. One without jacking the car and the other one jacked up and opened a few parts from below. One of them also checked by using a meter attached to steering . Not sure what that process is called.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks