Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2018, 19:49   #2326
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Can we actually retrofit the touchscreen unit onto the Stock one ? My RM refused saying that it's impossible . Additionally i will ask in the right section , thanks for pointing me towards it .
Slightly off topic, do not go by the adive of the NEXA executives. Most of them seem to be ill informed abot details , and tend tp sermonize. In my case it was about replacing the bulbs of the projector and they said i will have to change the entire projector assembly

The audio system is retrofittable, as my BIL has a VXI and the service advisor told him it could be done.
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 21:10   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
I have taken a short test drive of Ciaz AT ( currently i own manual fiesta classic and grand i10) , as the drive was kind of short in city of Mumbai , I could not gather much information or rather feel of this car. The only few things i felt nice about it was it's super comfy seats and well appointed interiors. I would be grateful if you could share your experience on below points
Agree with DRIVE3R for points 1-3. I didn't face any niggles though for my ZXI+ AT. No unseemly rattles even after almost 2 yes 29K kms.

BTW, the 4-speed AT seems sweetly mated to the 1.4L engine. Today did Hyd-Pune drive and the car gave me 20.8kmpl mileage over ~500kms run. Simply phenomenal!! Wait for the 2018 upgrade if you can to see if they introduce cruise control.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2018 at 23:01. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ranjitjadhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 20:03   #2328
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz beats Honda's City by a comfortable margin in Jan -18 sales. Ciaz dispatches stand at 5062 while City is at 3968 units.

The C segment sedan market share seems to take a hit on the C/SUV demand.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 09:54   #2329
BHPian

Hello Ciaz Petrol MT owners,

Have a few queries before going ahead with purchase:-
1. Petrol MT mileage in the city B-to-B and highways
2. Is ground clearance adequate?
3. Is boot layout practical?
4. Is ingress/egress easy?
5. Cost of servicing
Old 16th February 2018, 20:23   #2330
BHPian

Hi Mayank, I own a diesel ciaz and hence can comment on some common questions only.
2. Ground clearance is adequate for 99% of the speed breakers . I have never faced any issue on this
3. Boot layout is good but could have been better .
4. It's easy if you can crouch and get in. The doors open wide and have sufficient space to get in.
5. Cost of servicing seems to be at par with the segment. Although petrol would be slightly cheaper . You can always look at various apps and manufacturer recommendation to compare costs.
Old 17th February 2018, 21:50   #2331
BHPian

Hi everyone - i took a test drive of the Ciaz Petrol AT today (Alpha). Though everything was nice, but I have been hearing that the facelift version with a couple of more features is going to be launched soon. Have been hearing that sun-roof will be added and a more peppy engine with a 5 speed AT transmission. Does anyone have any knowledge about when the new version will be launched?

Also, confused whether to buy the existing model or wait for the new one - considering the timelines for the launch arent very clear. Dealer giving 25K corporate discount + 50K exchange bonus (which I guess they will adjust in the valuation of the existing car). No other discounts being offered. If new model is planned to be launched soon, wont they start giving more discounts to get rid of old stock?
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:48   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Hello Ciaz Petrol MT owners,

Have a few queries before going ahead with purchase:-
1. Petrol MT mileage in the city B-to-B and highways
2. Is ground clearance adequate?
3. Is boot layout practical?
4. Is ingress/egress easy?
5. Cost of servicing
Hello Mayank. I am an owner of 2016 Ciaz Petrol MT. My observations on your queries are as follows;

1. In Mumbai traffic (all included viz., road conditions, traffic snarls, speed limits, etc.) I manage to extract around 15 Kmpl with AC on. On a highway trip over a well paved surface such as NH-4, I extract around 20-22 Kmpl with AC on. On other highways such as NH-17 (Panvel to Ratnagiri), I extract around 16-17 Kmpl. On State highways such as SH-112 (MH state), I get only 11-12 Kmpl.

2. To me the ground clearance seems very good. Never had any underbody hit so far in the past 2 years of ownership. This includes maneuvering some “regular speed breakers” and some very scientifically built “Great Walls of Mumbai”, on my daily commute to work, where my office car (2014 City) usually gets some painful hits. This also includes trips on country roads with full load and carrying five well fed adults and three children.

3. Never faced an issue while loading or unloading luggage of any sort. Although, to me, the loading lip seems to be slightly on higher side.
4. Yes. Though one has to bend to get in. Entry is not very straight forward as in case of a SUV but better than or equals most other sedans. The sitting position (driver) though, is quite high.

5. My 1 month, 6 months and 12 months service costs have all been under INR 2000. The 24 months service is now due, will update on it later.
King_pin09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 19:15   #2333
BHPian

Hello All,

How long does the Brake pad last for the front discs? (75-80% highway driving and about 25-20% city driving). My car got the 20k service and the brake pad was replaced, when i asked him to show the worn out brake pad, he showed me a pad(not sure if its from my car) which had about 15-20% life in it and he said, it might last for about 500 or less kms and its necessary for that to be replaced.

In the all the other cars our family own, we normally change the brake pad for about 35k-40k km. But we never had a car with disc brakes, hence the query.

Earlier to the Brake pad replacement, Maruthi SA from Suraksha (Koramangala) had tried all possible tricks to con me (I denied all the extra bits, including wash liquid for windscreen, Maruthi branded Microfiber cloth etc.)he even said these are mandatory stuff from Maruthi!! Without the WB and WA, the bill was about 10k, from the very beginning he had set his mind that the service cost would be about 8k+

When i asked them, why did they add 3 liters of Distilled water in the bill, he said they mix 50% coolant and the rest 50% is of distilled water in the coolant reservoir! and its a standard practice and the mechanic confirmed the same! I also, checked the oil dip stick and it already looks black (within 30kms of driving), Please suggest if the above is true?

Last edited by SDP : 8th March 2018 at 08:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 7th March 2018, 21:18   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Hello All,

In the all the other cars our family own, we normally change the brake pad for about 35k-40k km. But we never had a car with disc brakes, hence the query.

20k is a bit early for the brake pad to need replacement. Having said that, it also depends on the driving style. The pads on my Yeti lasted for 31k kms, while those on a friend's Duster packed up at 16k. Check the service manual to understand when Maruti mandates replacement of brake pads.

Last edited by SDP : 8th March 2018 at 08:49. Reason: Trimming quoted post
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 01:29   #2335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Hello All,

My ciaz(1year old) got the 20k service done last month. The service advisor mentioned that the brake pedal was going little further as the brake pads are worn out.
He told they won't last for more than 4-5k kms and need to be replaced as they can damage the disc pads.

Last edited by SDP : 8th March 2018 at 08:50. Reason: Trimming quoted post
racerx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 12:02   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
My ciaz(1year old) got the 20k service done last month. The service advisor mentioned that the brake pedal was going little further as the brake pads are worn out.
He told they won't last for more than 4-5k kms and need to be replaced as they can damage the disc pads.
Get them replaced, otherwise you will have to give the car back again after those 4-5k KMs, and not only that, if you are even a bit late, it will result in wearing of the discs. Trust your advisor and get them changed. How much can we anyhow save by delaying it.
Old 9th March 2018, 12:44   #2337
Distinguished - BHPian

20k is too less for pad replacement! I replaced disc pads on my ciaz at 40000 km, and mind you, I drive aggressively. For a sedate driver, it could last up to 42-45k km easily.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 15:39   #2338
BHPian

My SX4 all brake pads were within operational limits till 65K KM. So its your driving habit which reflects there.
Old 9th March 2018, 16:43   #2339
BHPian

On my Palio, I had to change disc pads at about 30k but on my ecosport now, the original ones are still going strong at 75k, infant I asked the SA to check them at the 70k service and he said they'll go for another 10k. So it depends on your driving pattern. My brother in law changes his Dzire's pads every 20k though but he drives a lot more aggressively than I do.
Old 21st March 2018, 11:57   #2340
BHPian

Brake pads of Ciaz is same as that used in Swift. If you go for any good aftermarket brake pad like Ferrado, Bosch or Rane, the part number is same for both cars which ideally means that the part is same. But if you check the same at Maruti ASC, the MGP part number is different though again product is same. This has probably been done to maintain a price difference cause there is a Rs 500 approx difference between the 2. Also changing of brake pads can be done by any good mechanic/garage and they will charge you 1/3rd of the labor as compared to Maruti ASC. The whole activity hardly takes 30 mins for both tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks