Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 14:32   #2476
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Has anyone installed spoiler as an add on accessory on Ciaz?

Any feedback? with regards to fitment of it by drilling holes, any potential rusting in those areas due to that, rattling in the long run etc.. Any inputs on this?
It's been almost 3.5 years since I got it installed when I bought the car. No rattles or rust so far but my car has only done 19k km and I have a covered parking.

The only issue I face is despite the boot spring(came with the spoiler kit) being replaced to accommodate the added weight of the spoiler, it just manages to open the boot 2 inches max as opposed to before without the spoiler and the original spring.

A recent picture:

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screen-shot-20200830-2.24.46-pm.png
Foxbat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 12:06   #2477
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 2015 Ciaz diesel. After relocating to Bengaluru, the GC issue became an acute problem. Whenever I had 3-4 passengers, I had to be precise as an astronaut to avoid scraping over speed-breakers. I was beginning to get the itch for a new, high GC car. The car lease policies from my new organisation are quite tempting.

However, just for experiment, I decided to give silicon type spacers a chance. So, during the prime day sale, I ordered Rogerabs. Around independence day, I drove to Madhu's and got them installed. The size wasn't perfect and spacers were cut by 2 inches before getting fitted.

The results are better than what I hoped for.
1) The ride has become flat. The undulations, for ex. gaps on flyovers are felt now but aren't uncomfortable at all. On the other side, the car simply glides over anything deeper. The speed breaker issue is completely resolved and now I drive over them as if it were a hatchback. The word I am looking for is 'balanced' ride instead of prior 'soft' ride.
2) Even more profound effect is on the highway behavior of the car. Its way more stable. So, lane changes are more assured, cornering is way way better (my favourite part) and it doesn't crouches as much during braking.

All I need to do now, is to replace 5 year old GY triplemax rubber to Michelins. That would be just perfect.
atnyia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 11:26   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2015 Ciaz diesel. After relocating to Bengaluru, the GC issue became an acute problem. Whenever I had 3-4 passengers, I had to be precise as an astronaut to avoid scraping over speed-breakers. I was beginning to get the itch for a new, high GC car. The car lease policies from my new organisation are quite tempting.

However, just for experiment, I decided to give silicon type spacers a chance. So, during the prime day sale, I ordered Rogerabs. Around independence day, I drove to Madhu's and got them installed. The size wasn't perfect and spacers were cut by 2 inches before getting fitted.

The results are better than what I hoped for.
1) The ride has become flat. The undulations, for ex. gaps on flyovers are felt now but aren't uncomfortable at all. On the other side, the car simply glides over anything deeper. The speed breaker issue is completely resolved and now I drive over them as if it were a hatchback. The word I am looking for is 'balanced' ride instead of prior 'soft' ride.
2) Even more profound effect is on the highway behavior of the car. Its way more stable. So, lane changes are more assured, cornering is way way better (my favourite part) and it doesn't crouches as much during braking.

All I need to do now, is to replace 5 year old GY triplemax rubber to Michelins. That would be just perfect.

Hi atnyia,

Though the GC has not been an issue for me in the Kerala roads, the only problems i have is regarding the poor steering feedback and highway stability. Since you said the highway stability has improved , is there any change in the steering feedback too?
Old 13th September 2020, 12:36   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembilath View Post
The only problems i have is regarding the poor steering feedback and highway stability. Since you said the highway stability has improved , is there any change in the steering feedback too?
The change is with how the suspension behaves, not with the steering feedback. To be honest, I never faced the kind of issue you described.
In my experience, steering is just a little heavy on low speeds, otherwise just average. Nothing great but not dead like Hyundai's used to be.
I have driven in the Western Ghats and Himalayas for days. Only issue - Turbo Lag.
Old 18th November 2020, 00:49   #2480

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Hi Guys, have a query regarding the Ciaz (Petrol) service.

I did my last service in Feb'19 and then I moved to a new city where this car was not a daily commute car. Although the car had not done much on the ODO (approximately about 4000 kms) I was planning to get another scheduled service in Feb/Mar '20. Then COVID struck and since then my vehicle has done only about 1k further on ODO and has had no further service so far.

Can you please help me to understand :
  • Can these service delays impact vehicle performance in any way even if the vehicle has not clocked much on ODO.
  • What are the important things one must get serviced no matter how much the running has been.
  • Can these service delays be a ground for Maruti/Dealership to deny warranty claims later even if the vehicle has run less than 10k in that duration

Luckily this ownership has been largely fuss free which I do not want to break due to this service oversight.
Old 20th November 2020, 02:36   #2481
Senior - BHPian

I am on the lookout for an Automatic petrol Ciaz in the used car market.
I prefer looking at the True Value Section within Maruti for peace of mind, but would still like to be informed regarding any grey areas of this car.

Is there anything I should look out for ? Also what is the real world mileage of the earlier automatic Ciaz (2014-2015) ?
Old 22nd November 2020, 13:58   #2482
BHPian

My car is now due for the 40,000 Kms service It's a diesel.

The earlier servicing was done after 30,000 km was done at 29 months ( earlier than 36 months)

Now due to covid since the driving is less, the car has not yet covered 40,000 km and it's the 41st month ( 12 months since the last service)

Question is, do I need to service the car within 12 months of the last service

OR

do I need to follow either the 40,000 km or 48 months rule?
Old 13th December 2020, 15:38   #2483
BHPian

Guys,
During my last servicing, noticed that disk plates were kind of rusting from the edges.
Service advisors have asked me to carry on for now, and maybe get the disk replaced in next servicing.
Anyone else faced this ?
SA told me that it's because of hard water ?
And finally, is it safe for now ? There is no difference in braking.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20201212_120532.jpg  

Old 13th December 2020, 15:43   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Question is, do I need to service the car within 12 months of the last service
OR
do I need to follow either the 40,000 km or 48 months rule?
You would have to get the scheduled servicing done. It was the same case for me, so it's either 12 months or 10k kms whichever comes first.
But you can skip few changes if you feel unnecessary ( I skipped few from mine for example gear oil, brake fluid and coolent - just too ups )
Old 22nd December 2020, 14:02   #2485
BHPian

Hello everyone

I own a Ciaz ZXi bought in Mar2015. I have done all servicing from MASS till date. My car has done only 33500 km as on date. My use is minimal as i have an official vehicle.

Recently, i drove my Uncle's Ciaz ZXI+ bought in Apr2015 which has done about 40K Km till date. It was way smoother and the pick up felt much better. Moreover, my car makes a sort of grunting noise while reaching 3000 RPM. i dont rev the car much, and max rev till date would be close to 3500 RPM. Also, with 5 pax and AC on, the Car Huffs and Puffs to pick up speed.

Kindly suggest remedial actions, and any particular issue to be taken care of while going for service. I am due for the next service this month end.
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 18:58   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Hello everyone

I own a Ciaz ZXi bought in Mar2015. I have done all servicing from MASS till date. My car has done only 33500 km as on date. My use is minimal as i have an official vehicle.

Recently, i drove my Uncle's Ciaz ZXI+ bought in Apr2015 which has done about 40K Km till date. It was way smoother and the pick up felt much better. Moreover, my car makes a sort of grunting noise while reaching 3000 RPM. i dont rev the car much, and max rev till date would be close to 3500 RPM. Also, with 5 pax and AC on, the Car Huffs and Puffs to pick up speed.

Kindly suggest remedial actions, and any particular issue to be taken care of while going for service. I am due for the next service this month end.

Hi sandeep959, I think your car is in need of what we call as an "Italian Tune-Up". I would suggest you to watch this video by car Guru Scotty Kilmer. He explains why it is important to rev-up your engine sometimes (especially petrol engines). Speaking from experience as I used to do the same with my car (never revved beyond 3k) and noticed an immediate difference once I followed this advice.

Link :

Do give this a try and let me know if it helps!
kunalsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 20:35   #2487
BHPian

Guys, roof liner for my 5.5 year old Ciaz is kind of sagging.
Probably will need to get it replaced ?
Any tentative cost and from where I can get this done in NCR ?

Old 8th February 2021, 12:59   #2488
BHPian

Until last year, I was doing service for my Ciaz Petrol from Maruti service centers as it was within Warranty period. They were using(or claimed to use) recommended oil grade of 0w20. This time I did 5th year service at a FNG. I checked the bill in detail only later and realized that the replaced oil was Servo 20w40.

When I asked these guys why 20w40 was used, they claim that same oil is used by them for all Maruti petrol cars (except for S-Cross). They don't seem to agree to my argument that 0w20 is the recommended oil grade for Ciaz Petrol.

Should I be worried? At least for next year, I would be staying in Kerala where temperature will be >20degress always and running is also expected to be low (~5000km).
Old 10th February 2021, 21:31   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys,
During my last servicing, noticed that disk plates were kind of rusting from the edges.
Service advisors have asked me to carry on for now, and maybe get the disk replaced in next servicing.
Anyone else faced this ?
SA told me that it's because of hard water ?
And finally, is it safe for now ? There is no difference in braking.
This has happened with one of my other cars. It is mainly due to car cleaners throwing water on the tyre. You can run these disk plates for few more kms but you might notice steering judder while braking. If that happens you should get them replaced for a more smoother experience. Else keep running till your next service.
Old 21st February 2021, 11:06   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
I have a 2015 Ciaz diesel. After relocating to Bengaluru, the GC issue became an acute problem...
However, just for experiment, I decided to give silicon type spacers a chance. So, during the prime day sale, I ordered Rogerabs. Around independence day, I drove to Madhu's and got them installed..
It has been six months and the driving experience has never been better. One of those things you rue not doing it earlier. After moving out of NCR in the summer of 2017, the car had never been a primary ride. I was so concerned (in fact fatigued) with extra vigilant maneuvers over bumps and potholes that I used to avoid car if possible.

In past six months, normal order of NCR days is restored & car has been the primary ride even for 2-3 KM runs. In some senses, it is is first time since NCR that I am able to utilize the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks