Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 20:55   #2371
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I was at the dealership today to check out one Ciaz. The VIN number on the B-pillar ( driver side) showed ...S00....... This was the case only for Ciaz models. Other models like the Ignis and Baleno had the regular nomenclature.

I also didn't seem to find anything on the engine cover.

So how does one find the details? How to check if a Ciaz is 2017 or 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I asked the same question to the SA when I got my Ciaz last week. He said all 2018 models of Ciaz come with "00". I don't know how true this is, but had to take his word.

I think the details are only present inside the bonnet. Let me check this on my ciaz. The VIN printed on the B-pillar has 00.

Can you check the inside of the bonnet?
Old 25th April 2018, 21:30   #2372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I did open the bonnet hoping for the traditional position, but did not see anything there. I dont remember seeing anything on the engine cover either.

Btw, can you also share:
when did you buy & your manufacture month + manufacture date for your tyres. TIA !
Old 26th April 2018, 10:47   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I think the details are only present inside the bonnet. Let me check this on my ciaz. The VIN printed on the B-pillar has 00.

I also checked the bonnet while doing the PDI. The same number(with 00) was printed.
Old 27th April 2018, 21:08   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I did open the bonnet hoping for the traditional position, but did not see anything there. I dont remember seeing anything on the engine cover either.

Btw, can you also share:
when did you buy & your manufacture month + manufacture date for your tyres. TIA !
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I also checked the bonnet while doing the PDI. The same number(with 00) was printed.

Open the Bonnet and look towards the driver side. The part that comes over the tyre is where the VIN is located.

Mine is MA3FXEB********* (x) EH

These last 2 alphabets after the "x" denote the month and year of manufacturing respectively.

Mine is May(E) 2017 (H)

Series Alphabet Manufacturing Year Series Manufacturing Month
J 2018 A or 1 January
H 2017 B or 2 February
G 2016 C or 3 March
F 2015 D or 4 April
E 2014 E or 5 May
D 2013 F or 6 June
C 2012 G or 7 July
B 2011 H or 8 August

Hope this helps.
Old 28th April 2018, 17:41   #2375
BHPian

Is there a difference in gear ratios between 5-speed MT and 4-speed AT of Ciaz? The reason I am asking is, in speeds between 80-100 kmph, will both 5th gear of MT and 4th gear of AT provide the same performance and efficiency?
Old 9th June 2018, 00:07   #2376
BHPian

Hello folks,

Yesterday got the delivery of Ciaz Petrol Delta, glistening grey colour from Nexa Museum road, Bangalore.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20180607_17030101.jpg

This is what I paid
Ex showroom price - 860520
Total discount - 75000 (Exchange bonus - 50000, Cash discount - 15000, Government employee discount - 10000)
Road Tax - 133725
Temporary registration - 272
Registration fees - 2300
Insurance - 26094
Extended warranty - 12174
My Nexa Card - 1180
Basic accessories kit & car cover given as complimentary.

Accessories bought from Showroom
Scuff plates
Door protection guard
15" Machined alloy wheels set of 4
Paid a total of 25000 for the above said accessories.

We exchanged our 2013 Tata Indica ev2 LS. The car is basically for my Dad. Previously he was driving 2008 1st gen D'Zire and now he is very happy with the new car. My heartfelt gratitude to all the bhpians for helping me to get the best sedan for my Dad.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 9th June 2018 at 00:08. Reason: Typo
KING DYSP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 21:47   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello folks,

Yesterday got the delivery of Ciaz Petrol Delta, glistening grey colour from Nexa Museum road, Bangalore.
You could have gone for 16 inch after market alloy wheels with better tyres instead , my Zeta petrol has MRF tyres which have quite a bit of road noise .

Last edited by Eddy : 24th June 2018 at 20:04. Reason: Shortened quotes
Old 9th June 2018, 23:08   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
You could have gone for 16 inch after market alloy wheels with better tyres instead , my Zeta petrol has MRF tyres which have quite a bit of road noise .
I got a good deal on the 15" inch alloys from showroom itself & I was impressed with the design so finalized it. BTW I got Goodyear tyres n I felt they're better in terms of road noise and grip.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_0163.jpg
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 08:22   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
I got a good deal on the 15" inch alloys from showroom itself & I was impressed with the design so finalized it. BTW I got Goodyear tyres n I felt they're better in terms of road noise and grip.

Attachment 1770058
I have to agree that the design does look good . I haggled a lot regarding they tyres but the best i could get was MRF in the Silver color combo for a 2017 model year car delivered in Jan 2018 .

Last edited by drift2race : 10th June 2018 at 08:24.
Old 12th June 2018, 14:16   #2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Recently my ciaz diesel shvs has been giving me starting issues. I think the battery has gone weak. My ciaz has run 45k kms and its 2.5yr old. Is it too early for a battery failure?. Has anyone faced similar issues.
Exact same KMs and Years. SHVS stopped working though no starting issues.
Got it resolved by replacing with Amaron 74AH battery.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...shvs-cars.html
Old 21st June 2018, 17:54   #2381
BHPian

Maybe Maruti should give these as standard alloys or at least as an option

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20180621_174115.jpg
Old 22nd June 2018, 21:07   #2382
BHPian

Friends,

I want to share a bad experience with my Ciaz Alpha AT Nexa Blue booking at Nexa JP Nagar show room.

I booked the car with a condition that I will do a PDI of the car, and will not be interested to take > 1-2 months old car, but the Sales Manager gave me couple of VIN numbers during the booking process (but the VIN numbers didn't have the last 2 characters that represent manufacturing Month and Year - which I think he did deliberately) and mentioned that the age of cars is 32 and 34 days. I did the booking on Tuesday (19-Jun), and told him that I will do a PDI on Thu/Fri. When I went to do the PDI today, I saw the VIN of both the cars and they were CJ i.e. Mar-2018 manufactured cars.

I am very disappointed with the Sales Manager (he is a senior person at this dealership), who told me that he didn't know the manufacturing month/year of the cars - which I thought was not really true, as he had the cars in his possession for at least couple months now. He kept on telling me that these are fresh cars. However, while I did a brief inspection of the cars, I saw the paint on the bonnet of one car was so much dull and faded - there was no shine at all (I did the check around 4 PM today in an open area). The other car had a dent and primer exposed for around 3-4 square inch area above the right-front wheel where bonnet meets bumper. And the interiors felt very soiled on first glance. I didn't continue the PDI after this.

I outrightly rejected the cars, as I had clearly told them that I won't buy a car if it is more than 1-2 months old. This has resulted in losing my precious time and effort through the booking effort.

Also, the Sales Manager mentioned he doesn't have any newer cars, and he can't get me a May manufactured car. Does that mean Maruti has stopped manufacturing Ciaz cars from April and May - in anticipation of facelift Ciaz launch? Or is this pure clear-the-stock gimmick by the dealer?

Anyway, I have asked them to cancel the booking and return my booking amount.

While how much ever we are careful these days, I wonder how the dealerships and sales folks con people. I wonder how they would con any other buyers who are not so careful in checking the manufacturing month.

Last edited by SMK_BLR : 22nd June 2018 at 21:11.
SMK_BLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 04:56   #2383

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanveerahmed View Post
Exact same KMs and Years. SHVS stopped working though no starting issues.
Got it resolved by replacing with Amaron 74AH battery.
I faced the SHVS failure at 14k. It was fixed by increasing specific gravity of the battery. Even one of my family members faced SHVS belt failure at 15k kms(Covered under warranty).

I have serious doubts on the reliability of this so called SHVS system.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshot_20180624043721.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshot_20180624045043.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th June 2018 at 06:28. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 24th June 2018, 20:05   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Friends,

I want to share a bad experience with my Ciaz Alpha AT Nexa Blue booking at Nexa JP Nagar show room.

Also, the Sales Manager mentioned he doesn't have any newer cars, and he can't get me a May manufactured car. Does that mean Maruti has stopped manufacturing Ciaz cars from April and May - in anticipation of facelift Ciaz launch? Or is this pure clear-the-stock gimmick by the dealer?

While how much ever we are careful these days, I wonder how the dealerships and sales folks con people. I wonder how they would con any other buyers who are not so careful in checking the manufacturing month.
Sorry to hear your bad experience with JP Nagar Nexa. I want to clarify you one thing that, we got the delivery of our car from Nexa Museum road on 7th of this month and it's a May manufactured. So I guess Maruti has not stopped manufacturing cars, but looks like RM had few cars in his stockyard so he thought of clearing one.
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:45   #2385
BHPian

I hope I can post a longer review later on with some snaps... but here is a small look back of one year with the ciaz petrol. I come from an automobile engineering background but I will keep this as simple as possible.

a. Switched to the Ciaz from a rapid diesel primarily due to the distance of the service center from home.

b. The car is nowhere as badly built as claimed sometimes on this forum. The basic structure is extremely rigid and forms a very good base for the suspension.
c. The ride is most certainly better than the rapid especially when encountering unexpected large potholes where I have had to replace wheels twice on the rapid along with tie rod end.

d.15,000km of bad roads and long trips later the car feels as good as it did on day one.
e. Was hit by a truck on the right rear quarter panel at a toll gate but damage and repair costs minimal. The car absorbed the impact very well and I had no physical injuries.
f. Steering weighs up reasonably well and had no fear in staying 300 odd km just behind a friend's e class at speeds which I will not mention here
g. The motor is not as under powered at highway speeds as I thought it would be.
h. Ease of service is truly remarkable and the new nexa exclusive service centers give luxury brands a run for their money when looking after the customer.

I. Do I miss my rapid? yes! Do I have any regrets with the Ciaz? None.
peugeot96 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks