Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 16:09   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
no buddy...this is a ZXI (petrol version). Distance covered is mostly on the highways, i.e. We didn't anticipate the usage at the time of purchase (even if I did I may have still bought petrol, didn't like the diesel version).

Car's held up really well, no complaints what so ever,.. I don't drive this car any more (gave it to my dad within 10,000 km), but we're so happy with it that I went and bought another black Ciaz (facelifted model).
Wow, Looks like been used extensively roughly around 2.5k kms a month. And one very happy customer too as you bought another Ciaz. Is the new one petrol or diesel
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 16:24   #2417
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
the 19.6 kmpl denotes the number for TripA/TripB or the overall odo itself ?
Just a particular trip (not sure A or B). But that's the mileage we get on highways. Mileage in the city is around 12.5 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Wow, Looks like been used extensively roughly around 2.5k kms a month. And one very happy customer too as you bought another Ciaz. Is the new one petrol or diesel
Hehe. "Happy" is putting it mildly . I bought the Alpha petrol MT. Really wasn't happy with the 1.3 diesel, so I traded in a 1.3 S-Cross (would have been the same engine on the Ciaz if I opted for diesel)
Old 16th January 2019, 10:52   #2418
BHPian

Hello All,
My Ciaz petrol (2015 model) gives me a slight harshness while driving, when I compared it with my friends Swift VXi (2015 model), which has clocked same miles as my car.
The swift feels very smooth while driving. I consulted the service center during last service and they said - Ciaz runs fine & this is now the engine sounds. Somehow I am not convinced.
Point to be noted is friend's swift runs on pertol from Shell, where as mine is from HP/BP/IOCL not from any specific petrol bunk.
Could that be the reason or am I missing something.
Thanks for reading.
Old 19th March 2019, 19:44   #2419
BHPian

Update 2019...

First ciaz bought in 2014 Dec

Had the glove box noise and front disc plate issue. Rear sunscreen hook broke which made it unuseable, replacement cost was Rs6500. Apart from that it was a bliss full 17000km on it with hardly any expense for anything but regular service.

Come Chennai flood... lost the car in the thrid basement which remained flooded for 21 days uptil ground floor.

Maruti was offering a sweet offer
flood relief+ loyality bonus+ corporate discount+ hybrid relief, making the new hybrid im 2016, 30k cheaper than the first car I bought in 2014.

2016 Feb comes the new car, same ciaz, same model, same color, but with a pseudo hybrid.

Had the same glove box and the front disc metal cover sound issue.
AC vent adjuster broke in 2 places.
The hypothetical heavy battery gave up partially within 3yrs, on this everyday driven car, with odo less than 30k.

The issue is only the hybrid option does not work. Rest everything is normal. The talented folks at Maruti said it needs battery replacement. Its been more than 6 months everything is normal but just the hybrid doesn work.
May be I verbally abused the hybrid so much that it got deactivated by itself.
I now have the auto start/stop constantly blinking on the console.
I have no intention of changing the battery.

Could there be any other problem that the hybrid is not working?

Car is such an all rounder, but it is not worth buying at its present cost point from, but no car comes to its space and fuel figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20180603_115151.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th April 2019 at 15:07. Reason: typo
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 11:45   #2420
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5L Diesel launched,

Pricing - Diesel versions compared,

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-00.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th March 2019 at 11:54.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 12:01   #2421
Senior - BHPian

If the difference is Rs.17,000 between 1.3 and 1.5 (Delta variant), why are they charging more for higher variants (e.g. Rs.35000 in Alpha)?
Old 28th March 2019, 14:05   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
If the difference is Rs.17,000 between 1.3 and 1.5 (Delta variant), why are they charging more for higher variants (e.g. Rs.35000 in Alpha)?

Absolutely. While the difference is 35000 for the top spec Alpha variant the biggest surge is in the mid variant Zeta. The price difference there is ₹46000. Is MSL trying to maximise profits in its mid variant?
Old 12th April 2019, 01:29   #2423

Hello Guys!
some noob-ish questions.
1. the service engineer borderline forced me to replace my disc brake pads at 27,000. he said they were worn out, but to me they looked at most, 50% worn.
2. they used some kind of "vaporizer cleaning" agent in the AC that makes my eyes hurt.
3. what is the average cost of service for a petrol 1.4 ciaz that has done 27k? (3rd service, paid)
TIA!
Adie
Old 12th April 2019, 16:37   #2424
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Absolutely. While the difference is 35000 for the top spec Alpha variant the biggest surge is in the mid variant Zeta. The price difference there is ₹46000. Is MSL trying to maximise profits in its mid variant?
Practically, 1.3 will sell with discounts and 1.5 will sell with waiting period and may be at a premium. List price differences may even out due to this.
Regards
JLS
Old 16th April 2019, 12:32   #2425
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz leads the C segment Sedan market with 30% Market Share.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 6861
Size:  146.8 KB

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki’s premium sedan Ciaz has emerged as the best seller in itssegment for the third consecutive year. The popular offering from Maruti Suzuki clocked 30% market share and crossed over 46,000 units in 2018-19.

Ciaz has captured the imagination of young Indian consumers and has sold over 2.56 Lakh units cumulatively since its launch in 2014. The top end variant of Ciaz contributes a phenomenal 48% to its total sales. Ciaz’s signature colour NEXA Blue contributes over 31% to its total sales, a testament of customers appreciating innovation.

Source:Maruti Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th April 2019 at 12:34.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 13:37   #2426
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a decent headlight upgrade? (Ciaz 2017) Changed to Philips Extreme Vision but the throw is still not great! A good upgrade without messing with the warranty?
Old 3rd June 2019, 00:16   #2427
BHPian

I write this after owning 2 ciaz, 1 from the time no one had one to the time the pseudo hybrid played tax loop followed by Nexa and the horizontal grill stretch..
Totally love the car after 3+1 yr of owning 2 of them.

Space, fuel economy, low price, one of its kind, easy on the clutch/knee (petite engine), looks its time(unlike maruti).
Thankfully I did not pay for the Nexa showroom building cost and its man power.
It made total sense buying one 3 yrs back... given its present cost... No Nexa!

Intial year was tough to convince people it does not need to be a honda.
Slowly over years it sure has taken a piece of the sedan cake on the road.

I own mediocre rides... a rx135, santro 03, nissan sunny, ninja 650 and the ciaz... all of them are just sweet spot rides... all rounder at their best. No one can refute that.

So Nexa will kill ciaz in time... just its pricing.

Hybrid... No it doesn have a better starter motor.. No its doesn have a better battery.. No it doesn last long.. No its not pleasant having it stop and start in our traffic conditions where normal stationary time is more than a minute every 2 minutes.. No you cant turn it off permanently..

If your battery is aged.. thankfully there is some program which disables the pseudo hybrid and makes the car drive as normal but for the dashboard light.
OEM batteries are expensive for nothing, you are better off buying something from a store at 3k lesser. Not a very common battery which is stocked by dealers.

Its a great car to buy at 10.5L and anything more is just charity.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st July 2019 at 12:26. Reason: typo edited
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:35   #2428
Senior - BHPian

The Ciaz moved to Nexa on April 1, 2017 (related thread). Here are the sales numbers before (April 16 - March 17) and after (April 17 - March 19) the move. I have considered Ciaz, City, Verna, Vento, Rapid and Sunny numbers from our sales sheet. Yaris figures have only been included in the April 18 - March 19 numbers. Note: All average figures have been rounded off for better readability and broken up into before, after and after+1 numbers.

See the spikes in the middle, that's when the Ciaz moved to Nexa and got a facelift (Aug 2018):
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-01chart.png

Further, monthly average for the Ciaz = Before: 5,371, After: 4,909 & After+1: 3847 But the segment average moved from 13,273 to 14,365 and 13,002 units in the same period respectively. Take a look at the monthly sales before and after - there is a clear growth in some months while in others its remained stagnant. There is an overall decrease in the April 18 - March 19 numbers:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-02chart.png

Some numbers to show the performance of the cars after Ciaz moved to Nexa, i.e. 1 year before and 2 years after April 2017:
Name:  03chart1.png
Views: 5251
Size:  32.0 KB

While Ciaz, City and Vento numbers have fallen, there is growth in the Verna figures and minor increase in Rapid and Sunny numbers in the year just after the move. City figures are 4,832, 4,680 & 3,423 and Verna figures are 1,244, 3,007 & 3,297. Note that the Verna facelift was launched in August 2017. Yaris is included in 2018 numbers and only Verna is showing a growth across the years:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-03chart.png

Some possible reasons that I think are responsible for decreasing Ciaz numbers:

• Discounts were curtailed or not offered on the Ciaz after moving to Nexa.

• While the regular channel has a good rural and urban coverage, Nexa is mostly limited to Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities.

• Walk-in Dzire customers could be converted to Ciaz as price between top-end Dzire and low/mid models of Ciaz is not much.

• Are people picking up SUV's like Brezza and S-Cross over sedans? While MSIL will be happy as long as the customer buys their car, are these C2 sedans meeting the fate of D1 sedans (related thread (The Diminishing Value of D1 Segment Sedans (Altis, Cruze, Civic, Laura et al)))?

• Nexa billed cars can't be serviced in MASS (independent authorised service centres) or for that matter even non-Nexa dealers.

• Due to the above point, service coverage has significantly gone down.

• As Nexa is projected as a luxury brand, the common man doesn't usually step in. I noticed this (when I was a sales person). We went from 3-4 walk-in enquiries a day to less than 1 every 2-3 days after shifting to Nexa.

• Uncertainty over the BS6 norms and the new 1.5L diesel engine - Maruti has revealed that the 1.3L will be phased out and the government's proposal on BS 6 is making customers defer their car purchases till then. The 1.5L diesel is considered a step below the Fiat-sourced 1.3L. Will this engine go the same path as the Celero diesel?

• Lack of a diesel automatic variant despite the demand for it while cheaper cars like Swift, Dzire and Brezza get it (albeit an AMT).

I'm also attaching the Excel file (Ciaz.xlsx) incase anyone wants to go through the numbers and use it for making more charts.
blackwasp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 01:03   #2429
BHPian

Is there any way to set automatic lock in 2016 model Ciaz? There is an automatic speed sensing lock while we drive. But, I'm looking for time based locking after we park car. I parked my car in office today morning & forgot to lock. Realized only in the evening that it has been staying unlocked for 8 hours. But the same wouldn't happen with the 3rd party central locking system which I fitted in my Alto.
Old 14th July 2019, 09:15   #2430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Here are the sales numbers before (April 16 - March 17) and after (April 17 - March 19) the move. I have considered Ciaz, City, Verna, Vento, Rapid and Sunny numbers from our sales sheet. Yaris figures have only been included in the April 18 - March 19 numbers.
Interesting compilation of statistics.

Quote:
While Ciaz, City and Vento numbers have fallen, there is growth in the Verna figures and minor increase in Rapid and Sunny numbers in the year just after the move. City figures are 4,832, 4,680 & 3,423 and Verna figures are 1,244, 3,007 & 3,297. Note that the Verna facelift was launched in August 2017. Yaris is included in 2018 numbers and only Verna is showing a growth across the years:
One correction - Verna launched in 2017 was not a Facelift but a new generation Verna - 5th Generation Verna which is based on the Elantra Platform (6th Gen Elantra released in 2016). This removed the boat like characteristics of the older gen Vernas and brought a very good stable platform. The Creta which sells currently is still not based on Elantra platform and should get it as part of the 2020 New Launch.

Quote:
• Discounts were curtailed or not offered on the Ciaz after moving to Nexa.
Not sure if Ciaz had an all round the year discount but when my cousin bought it in the December-January time frame he got an excellent discount on the Delta variant at a Nexa Dealership in Bangalore.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks