Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 22:50   #1576
BHPian

Did pdi today . Stock tyres are of goodyear , should i upgrade them to michelin. If yes then should I stay with 185/65 r 15 or switch to 195/55 r 16. Travelling would be mostly on Delhi-Dehradun highway most of which is still under construction. kindly suggest.
Old 30th May 2016, 09:45   #1577
BHPian

The tyre dealer I contacted for Ciaz says that the michelin tyres that are available are 3-4 months old. Is he bluffing? How much old tyres is good?
Old 30th May 2016, 09:46   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Did pdi today . Stock tyres are of goodyear , should i upgrade them to michelin. If yes then should I stay with 185/65 r 15 or switch to 195/55 r 16. Travelling would be mostly on Delhi-Dehradun highway most of which is still under construction. kindly suggest.
Stock tires should be good enough for now. Low profile tire will make your ride more bumpy. Moreover, you will have to up size your alloy wheels also. My suggestion is to stick with what you have and upgrade only if you really feel the need for improvement after using it.
Old 30th May 2016, 19:25   #1579
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hi Folks,

I had given the car for the third free service at Platinum, IMT Manesar.
Consumables: Filters, Mineral Oil, some rubber nut assembly concerned with Oil filter.
Total Damage: 2730.

Got a waiver of the Labour charges on the fourth service as the first three services have been availed at the same service center! That's sweet.
The FE had dropped to 18 during last two refuels.

I refused WB and WA. The SA said that it'll void some bearing related warranty. I said that I'll drop an email to MSIL and confirm whether it's mandatory. I think keeping records of WA and WB should be sufficient to claim warranty.
Can anyone please give a pointer to a good WB and WA in Gurgaon?

Query:
1) Whether should I go for a four wheel rotation or five wheel rotation after doing almost 8500 KM on same set. The SA said that difference between the already runs and the new tyre would be substantial and the car would pull to one side.
2) The stepney looks like the same tyre (same thread, rating) to me though the Manual says it's not for regular use. How to know?

Folks who want to change the shoes to Michlin have an advice. Stock Goodyear TripleMax are good enough. Not Michlins, but really good enough. Good grip across different types of surfaces, agreeable road noise, comfortable ride and no punctures. So, use those thirty grands at something really fancy.
(I had Michlins on my previous car and whenever I change these tyres, I'll go for Michlins.)
Old 30th May 2016, 19:32   #1580
BHPian

Can anybody tell me the difference between a ZXI and a ZXI+ apart from the touchscreen and 16 inch alloys
Old 30th May 2016, 20:08   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Can anybody tell me the difference between a ZXI and a ZXI+ apart from the touchscreen and 16 inch alloys
1. Leather wrapped steering wheel
2. Touchscreen and hence the navigation system
3. Artificial leather vs leather in the +
3. Voice command
Old 30th May 2016, 21:22   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

1.door belt line chrome ornament
2.semi leather seat in Zxi (leather at edges of seat and back, and fabric in the middle )
Old 31st May 2016, 09:50   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Stock tires should be good enough for now. Low profile tire will make your ride more bumpy. Moreover, you will have to up size your alloy wheels also. My suggestion is to stick with what you have and upgrade only if you really feel the need for improvement after using it.
The thing is that the stock brand is goodyear and i have had bad experiences with goodyear, so I am opting for michelin. Last night, was bringing the car from Delhi to my native place, my driver who was following me noticed that there was bubbling in both the rear wheels.
In my model (VDI+) stock rims are steel. I am purchasing 15" alloys from MGA itself which come in ZDI model. Now my scenario is whether to go for 185/65 or 195/60 both in r15.The car will mostly be driven on under construction Delhi - Dehradun highways and Delhi traffic.
Would love to hear suggestions from fellow seniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post

Folks who want to change the shoes to Michlin have an advice. Stock Goodyear TripleMax are good enough. Not Michlins, but really good enough. Good grip across different types of surfaces, agreeable road noise, comfortable ride and no punctures. So, use those thirty grands at something really fancy.
(I had Michlins on my previous car and whenever I change these tyres, I'll go for Michlins.)
I have been quoted 6-7 grand for exchanging all 5 tyres. I suppose that's good.

Note from Moderator: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 31st May 2016 at 12:34.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:12   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In my model (VDI+) stock rims are steel. I am purchasing 15" alloys from MGA itself which come in ZDI model. Now my scenario is whether to go for 185/65 or 195/60 both in r15.The car will mostly be driven on under construction Delhi - Dehradun highways and Delhi traffic.
Would love to hear suggestions from fellow seniors.
The stock 185/65 R15 that came in my ZDI is good. I have been driving mostly in rural areas. High speed stability is also good. If you are going for new alloys, why not try the 16 inchers? They look great. Stock size for 16in is 195/60.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:17   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Thanks for the compliments.
Now, about the questions, I will answer them one by one.

What bulbs have you installed for the headlight and parking?
Philips 35W 6000K HIDs have been installed in the projectors
White LED lamps have been installed in place of simple halogens in Parking

How does the DRL work? is it on throughout or there is a switch to turn it on and off?
DRL is connected through Parking Lamps. That means when parking lamps are on, DRLs would be active. They can also be connected through ignition if desired.

Does it change color when you turn the indicator?
Yes it blinks and changes color to amber as it is also connected to indicator socket.

How was it installed into the existing headlight? was any wiring tampered in process?
The headlight was opened (lens separated) to install the DRLs but as I mentioned earlier I am very happy with the quality of work done. The shape was as desired. No wire cutting/splicing was done for the same as everything was tapped through the existing sockets directly.

Have you installed a cut out for your headlight bulbs and upgraded to 100/90w ?
Nopes

What is the name of the DRL?
It is Silicon tube based DRL as was told to me.

This is really awesome stuff Amritpal. Would you or your vendors know any workshop in Bangalore who would do a similar kinda job on the DRLs. I just bought a ZDi+ for my mom and she has a big thing for the LEDs. I am not sure if fixing this would void the warranty. Much appreciate your advice on it.
Old 31st May 2016, 12:15   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post

Query:
1) Whether should I go for a four wheel rotation or five wheel rotation after doing almost 8500 KM on same set. The SA said that difference between the already runs and the new tyre would be substantial and the car would pull to one side.

2) The stepney looks like the same tyre (same thread, rating) to me though the Manual says it's not for regular use. How to know?
>> 4 wheel rotation and balancing would work.

>> For my ZDI+, the fifth tyre is not an alloy - makes it easier for me to make a choice. But in my second car as well, I always did it for 4 running tyres.
Old 31st May 2016, 14:43   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
The tyre dealer I contacted for Ciaz says that the michelin tyres that are available are 3-4 months old. Is he bluffing? How much old tyres is good?
Just drove on that road couple of weeks back Dhruv. If you are a frequent traveller between dehradun and delhi then i think its better to keep tires with high aspect ratio since the chances of that road getting better before year end are very slim(monsoon arriving soon)
Old 31st May 2016, 14:56   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
This is really awesome stuff Amritpal. Would you or your vendors know any workshop in Bangalore who would do a similar kinda job on the DRLs. I just bought a ZDi+ for my mom and she has a big thing for the LEDs. I am not sure if fixing this would void the warranty. Much appreciate your advice on it.
No idea about Bangalore buddy.. But These guys can do the job and courier you the headlights to your place.. They have done this many a times
Old 31st May 2016, 15:18   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians owning Ciaz,
Mine is a dignity brown ZDI, i just hate chrome, more so when it is on that big front grille. Has anyone seen matte black wrap done on brown ciaz grille? I have seen a white ciaz with matte black grille wrap and it was absolutely classy. Not sure how it would look on brown.
Old 31st May 2016, 15:22   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments.
Now, about the questions, I will answer them one by one.

What bulbs have you installed for the headlight and parking?
Philips 35W 6000K HIDs have been installed in the projectors
White LED lamps have been installed in place of simple halogens in Parking

How does the DRL work? is it on throughout or there is a switch to turn it on and off?
DRL is connected through Parking Lamps. That means when parking lamps are on, DRLs would be active. They can also be connected through ignition if desired.

Does it change color when you turn the indicator?
Yes it blinks and changes color to amber as it is also connected to indicator socket.

How was it installed into the existing headlight? was any wiring tampered in process?
The headlight was opened (lens separated) to install the DRLs but as I mentioned earlier I am very happy with the quality of work done. The shape was as desired. No wire cutting/splicing was done for the same as everything was tapped through the existing sockets directly.

Have you installed a cut out for your headlight bulbs and upgraded to 100/90w ?
Nopes

What is the name of the DRL?
It is Silicon tube based DRL as was told to me.
Quote:
No idea about Bangalore buddy.. But These guys can do the job and courier you the headlights to your place.. They have done this many a times

May I know their details. Ill have a word with them. Thanks Amritpal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks