Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 16:54   #1606

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Does anyone have an experience to share of their Ciaz automatic? I see a lot of ads of the AT these days but yet to spot one on the roads.
Ciaz AT does NOT sport 'Auto' or 'Automatic' badge. So you may not be able to distinguish them on the roads.
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:29   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Ciaz beats City comprehensively to emerge as the leader of the C2 Segment

Ciaz's sales in May 2016-5,188 units
City's sales in May 2016-3,305 units

Sources-

Ciaz

City

Regards,
Shashi
The price cut in Delhi will do wonders in long term. Was city worth the extra 3 lacs in diesel? I am not too sure.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:08   #1608
BHPian

Forum Experts, Please help a friend of mine on deciding between Honda City and Ciaz, both petrol versions. I have gone through the reviews for both the cars and not in a position on what the final verdict is.
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:56   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayk View Post
Forum Experts, Please help a friend of mine on deciding between Honda City and Ciaz, both petrol versions. I have gone through the reviews for both the cars and not in a position on what the final verdict is.
It's a matter of mind over heart. I own a ZXi+ variant and had a tough time arbitrating between the mind & the heart and finally the mind prevailed.

As you must have gone over the feature list of both the cars, I'll restrict this post to factors that aided my decision.

Interiors: Both cars felt roomy and comfortable to sit (front + back), however, felt that the ciaz was a bit wider than the city and 5 people can easily be ferried.

The AVN system looks much better in the Ciaz, than the city, which looks like an afterthought rather than a system designed for it.

Exteriors: Better tyres and alloys. Muted design on the ciaz. Somehow i never liked the chrome handlebar mustache on the new city.

Drive-ability: The test drive vehicle (City) on which i drove for about 10 kms in varying traffic, vis-a-vis my ciaz, both of them are good to drive, Honda has the added advantage of tall gear ratios? where the need to change gears often did not arise. The same is also available in the ciaz, but not as good as the city.

Other members have commented on the lack of highway power, I'm yet to take the car on a highway spin. However, I'm not a spirited driver and the 1.4 should server my style of driving very well. A few seconds late ot to 100 kmph is not my biggest concern

Cost: I got the top end variant for 11L on road in Pune. The top end of the city was upwards of 12.5 L. This was the real deal breaker as for the extra 1.5L i got was cruise + sun roof.

Also have been hearing not so good things of the honda service costs and was a bit apprehensive about maintenance costs.

So based on the above, we decided for the ciaz, have no issues so far (500 Kms)

Hope this helps.
Cheers
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:47   #1610
BHPian

I just bought a ZDi+ (SHVS). I wanted to clarify something which was not quite clear in the owner's manual. When you stop the engine I noticed that the doors do not unlock automatically. The manual says you need to work with the trip meter knobs to set it but in this the knobs can be pushed but not turned. Can anyone advice pls. Thanks.

Also usually when you stop a car after the drive you need to need to rest the engine but here if you release the clutch the car goes into the idle mode , then how do you rest it before switching off?

Thanks for your responses.
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:55   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
I just bought a ZDi+ (SHVS).
I'm also looking to buy ZDI+ in bangalore. Is it possible to share the offers/discounts and final OTR details? Also the showroom details? Thank you!
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:55   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
I just bought a ZDi+ (SHVS). I wanted to clarify something which was not quite clear in the owner's manual. When you stop the engine I noticed that the doors do not unlock automatically. The manual says you need to work with the trip meter knobs to set it but in this the knobs can be pushed but not turned. Can anyone advice pls. Thanks.

I think its called information display settings, can be found in the before driving section.

You need to press both the knobs in the console for 3-5 seconds till you see the "door" displayed. Now once this is displayed, you can turn the right side knob (half - a - click) till you navigate to the desired setting I think it is SL3 for door unlocking. Refer to the manual.

Note, you can either turn or push both works.

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:58   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
I think its called information display settings, can be found in the before driving section.

You need to press both the knobs in the console for 3-5 seconds till you see the "door" displayed. Now once this is displayed, you can turn the right side knob (half - a - click) till you navigate to the desired setting I think it is SL3 for door unlocking. Refer to the manual.

Note, you can either turn or push both works.

Cheers
Thanks Kutoos. Will give it another shot. So far I found that the knobs can only be pushed and not turned. Will try again anyways. Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:29   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow i never liked the chrome handlebar mustache on the new city.
Thanks Kutoos. That is one thing i don't like about the new City. The 3rd Gen City was looking much better on the exterior. My friend would be using it mostly for a daily commute and not much on the highways. I would recommend him to go for ciaz ZXi+.
Old 3rd June 2016, 15:24   #1615
BHPian

Adding to what kutoos said: Maruti Suzuki definitely has the advantage of having wider service network. You have lot options to select service centre in any part of the country. If you are not from one of the big cities, you won't have many options for Honda.
Two main reasons steered me away from City are it's price and the loooong tbhp thread on latest City's niggles.

Pros of city: More powerful engine & better exterior styling(it's subjective though)
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 18:10   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Kutoos. Will give it another shot. So far I found that the knobs can only be pushed and not turned. Will try again anyways. Thanks
@BigWheels,

When i meant turn, it does not turn in the conventional sense, The feeling is same s you push the stalk but in a clock-wise manner, so the knob will give you the feel of turning only a bit.

The same right hand knob is used for brightness control for the console and AVN system lights.
Old 4th June 2016, 08:56   #1617
BHPian

Quote:

Also usually when you stop a car after the drive you need to need to rest the engine but here if you release the clutch the car goes into the idle mode , then how do you rest it before switching off?

You can just switch off the shvs button for idling the car.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 21:43   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
You can just switch off the shvs button for idling the car.
Or a better option, just unhook your seat belt, engine will not turn off
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 22:25   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

May 2016 Sales data:

Suzuki Ciaz - 5133 units
Honda City - 3350 units

Finally, Ciaz inching forward with a big difference.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 10:46   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
@BigWheels,

When i meant turn, it does not turn in the conventional sense, The feeling is same s you push the stalk but in a clock-wise manner, so the knob will give you the feel of turning only a bit.

The same right hand knob is used for brightness control for the console and AVN system lights.
Tried all possible ways but still couldnt get it. I might have to check with the showroom guys. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks