Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2016, 15:59   #1516
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Took Possession of our Glistening Grey ZXI+ today. The delivery experience though a bit rushed ultimately was smooth as i had to complete formalities by 10 (both muhurat & office engagements put together). I'd assumed an early start on the occasion of Akshaya Trithiya but no such luck and they started it only by 9.30. A quick pooja followed by a refresher course on the controls with repeated warnings to not switch-off the engine while the smart play system is in standby mode as it will drain battery

Overall a good experience.

Summary:
Model : Pertol ZXI+
Cost On Road : 1098000
Accessories Opted:
1. Illuminated Sill guard
2. Interior Wood Finish
3. Rain Visor

The odo read 19 kms last week when i went for the PDI, and stood at 25 kms on the date of the delivery. Thanked the team and handed over the gifts and sweets and was out of the showroom bu 10.30. Did not get a chance to try out any feature as yet and will do so in the coming days.

Attaching a picture
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz_zxi.jpg  

kutoos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 16:15   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hey !

First off, the mileage figures you are getting are NO way close to diesel ciaz's running around - the least I got is around 19 something, with full on acceleration etc. In city driving, keeping the car on SHVS lit mode as much as possible, AC on, traffic condition of Delhi/NCR, I am getting about 22.5. On a highway trip, this extends to 25+.

How many kms have you driven ? Maybe next servicing should help ?
It is unbelievable I am getting the least mileage.
I owned the regular ZDI which never gave more than 19km/l I had driven it about 17000km.
The new hybrid done only 2500km also the same story. I dont see any mileage difference.

My driving is in the worst of the conditions I feel.
Everyday to work I drive about 25km, first and last 4 km is in 1/2 gear mostly. The remaining 17km will be in stop go traffic between 2/3/4 and rarely 5th.
AC always on + Chennai heat.

I wonder how to get better mileage, the difference should not be so bad compared to all the other cars.
Old 9th May 2016, 19:06   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I owned the regular ZDI which never gave more than 19km/l I had driven it about 17000km.
The new hybrid done only 2500km also the same story. I dont see any mileage difference.

My driving is in the worst of the conditions I feel.
Everyday to work I drive about 25km, first and last 4 km is in 1/2 gear mostly. The remaining 17km will be in stop go traffic between 2/3/4 and rarely 5th.
AC always on + Chennai heat.

I wonder how to get better mileage, the difference should not be so bad compared to all the other cars.

Even my mileage is around 17 in Bangalore B2B traffic, ac is always on because of the pollution and dust. Not sure, to feel happy that i am getting very good mileage(compared to old car - which was indica) or to be sad that i am not getting the mileage figures mentioned in this thread
Old 9th May 2016, 19:35   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Why so much emphasize on FE? Come on, how much difference is it gonna make dude?
My Fiesta diesel gives 14 in city traffic. And I don't give it any damns, floor the pedal whenever I wish and see it dropping to 12.5. It may add another ₹500 in my monthly fuel expence. Good.
Old 9th May 2016, 20:13   #1520
BHPian

Noticed a issue with my CIAZ. When I reach a speed of 130+ I get continuous sound from somewhere near the dashboard. Took the car to RNS Motors in Bangalore and they say they cannot test the car in that speed as its not safe. Really puzzled what it might be.
Old 9th May 2016, 22:51   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Noticed a issue with my CIAZ. When I reach a speed of 130+ I get continuous sound from somewhere near the dashboard. Took the car to RNS Motors in Bangalore and they say they cannot test the car in that speed as its not safe. Really puzzled what it might be.
Is that a whistle kind of sound. If so it is expected and is from the turbo.
Old 9th May 2016, 22:55   #1522

Finally my 2 months long wait was over today! Took delivery of my Silky Silver Ciaz ZXi+ Automatic.

Thanks for all the detailed inputs on this thread. Would like to post ownership review in due course.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20160509_11_39_32_rich-2.jpg  

ranjitjadhav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:03   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Even my mileage is around 17 in Bangalore B2B traffic
That is reassuring I am not doing anything wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Why so much emphasize on FE? Come on, how much difference is it gonna make dude?
True I know it hardly makes any difference, but I was trying to get to understand what is the cause I am getting such difference in mileage compared to claimed consistent 20+km/l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
I get continuous sound from somewhere near the dashboard.
Ask them to pack with foam and double sticky tape, the panel behind the glove box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
my Silky Silver Ciaz ZXi+ Automatic.
Congrats on the automatic. Please share your driving experience and how it behaves to heavy foot. Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:55   #1524
BHPian

[quote=Visaster;3970370]That is reassuring I am not doing anything wrong

Ask them to pack with foam and double sticky tape, the panel behind the glove box.

Thanks. Will try to visit them this week as my 3rd service is also due.

Just curious did you also have this issue?
Old 10th May 2016, 17:02   #1525
BHPian

[quote=vinukm;3970433]
Quote:

Ask them to pack with foam and double sticky tape, the panel behind the glove box.

Thanks. Will try to visit them this week as my 3rd service is also due.

Just curious did you also have this issue?

I had the same issue in both my Ciaz. The noise was less in the initial ownership. It used to happen only on the highways, but slowly the vibration increased and became an annoyance for me. Hope it helps. At showroom they threw the car into rough use and driving heavy on speed breaker to find out where the sound was coming from, but finally it was my co passenger who narrowed down on the source in one of our drives. It is better you narrow down on source than expect the service advisor to put the car to test. They man-handled, dirty the car by loading as many jobless people who are ready for a joy ride, in the name of testing.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 15:07   #1526

Quote:
Congrats on the automatic. Please share your driving experience and how it behaves to heavy foot. Thanks

It's barely couple of days and I'm still running-in, so didn't really try to floor the accelerator. But I'm truly loving the automatic experience as it suits my sedate driving style. Sheer joy in Pune traffic!

- City highway traffic: Smooth sailing. No issues. You can do planned overtakes in D mode with ease. If needed you can turn O/D OFF. And in case of urgency, you can shift to 2 or L to get more power. (I haven't used 2 or L so far.) Doesn't get out of breath.

- Bumper-to-bumper city traffic: This is where you enjoy AT more. No more clutch-gear manoeuvre. Suddenly squeezing into an open slot in traffic in D mode may be a problem if one has that kind of driving style. You don't get the instant power rush of the stick-shift. But this makes you a disciplined driver
ranjitjadhav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 20:46   #1527
BHPian

Congrats Ranjit on one of the best VFM automatic sedans in India.
I myself have test driven the Ciaz AT couple of times here in Chennai, and loved it, even though it has an old school 4-speed torque converter box.

It does its job alright, and it is tried and tested. A reliable unit. Unlike the DSGs of today. Even the A-Star automatic, Swift DZire automatic and Ritz automatic use the same gearbox. Wonder why Maruti has switched to the CVT box in the Baleno for the same 1.2L K-series engine.

Being an old school TC box, there is some lag when you stamp your foot down fully on the gas pedal ... but after that 1 or 1.5 sec lag, it goes alright!
I have driven it at speeds of up to 130 kmph and it is pretty stable. Very nice balanced ride quality. You will love it for sure!

Enjoy the Ciaz!

Now in the ZXi+ trim, it is fully loaded, though it has become much more expensive all over India than before after the revisions in the Mar 2016 budget. Ciaz will still be an easier and cheaper car to maintain than a Verna or a City. I own a 2010 Verna SX 1.6 petrol, and it isn't cheap (spare parts) to maintain. Hyundais have become expensive now, due to their so called "premium" image or whatever.

The only 2 points I felt Maruti could have addressed in the Ciaz, were the hardly usable front centre armrest (it is positioned too far back for a person of average 5'8" height), and the lack of cladding on the inside of the boot lid.
Of course, these 2 issues are also present in the City.

Otherwise the Ciaz is a great car, and I am actually considering the automatic as my next car if and when I can afford to shell out 10 lacs (after pushing off my Verna for say, 3 lacs).

Enjoy the car, take it out as much as you can, update your ownership experience, and please share lots of photos of your car. Once again congrats!

---Venkat
Old 13th May 2016, 08:59   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting 21 KMPL in NCR with 100% AC on all the time. IMO, in Delhi NCR, one can expect a better FE compared to Bangalore or Pune. My old car Getz which used to give FE of 11-12 in Pune started giving mileage of 13-14 in NCR. Maybe, flat and wide roads help.This is an anecdotal statement, not empirical.

In other news Delhi reduces Vat from 12.5% to 5% on Hybrid cars..

How is this going to play out wrt to Ciaz/Ertiga pricing?
Also, will we see MSIL's sub four meters with SHVS now?
Old 13th May 2016, 13:54   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post

I bought MGA Beige air mesh seat covers for the front seats. It looks to be good.
Hi Arun,

Could you please share price of this cover. I am looking for similar cover for Vento, not sure if this would fit.

Regards.
Old 13th May 2016, 15:54   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Ciaz will still be an easier and cheaper car to maintain than a Verna or a City. I own a 2010 Verna SX 1.6 petrol, and it isn't cheap (spare parts) to maintain. Hyundais have become expensive now, due to their so called "premium" image or whatever.

I beg to differ on this. Maruti's are not cheap to run, that would be a myth. My 4 year old AStar's services costed a bomb every time we gave it for service at MASS. And in the end, the whole gearbox broke and they quoted close to a lakh in repairs. Sold her off. It had run 70k in 4 years.

Whereas my 16 month old 40k run 2015 Hyundai Verna diesel costs less to run and maintain. 3 free services at HASS and fourth one at my local garage. I wasn't quoted any extras like they usually do at Maruti.

Agreed Ciaz is a wonderful car though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks