Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:12   #1396
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Guys, Ciaz owners (with push button start) , need you to verify a fact for me please. I recently stated working in a MS dealership and today we did an experiment.
Any idea, if the face lift of ciaz is coming anytime soon? Planning to exchange my old car for Ciaz ZDI but if the facelift is on its way, i can wait for 6-8 months
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:31   #1397
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz outsells the City in Feb 2016. 5162 units as opposed to 4880 units of the City.

A one off occurrence or a sign of things to come? Going forward, the Ciaz price advantage will increase further as the diesel is not impacted by the additional tax (Since it is a micro hybrid).

If I am not mistaken, this is the first time ever that the Ciaz is out-selling the City. City sees a big drop from its normal levels, not sure if there were any other internal factors that reduced the dispatch.
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:46   #1398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

If I am not mistaken, this is the first time ever that the Ciaz is out-selling the City.
Second month( Oct-14 )of its launch Ciaz did out sell Honda City

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 5415
Size:  54.9 KB
Name:  2.PNG
Views: 5359
Size:  35.1 KB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:10   #1399

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from my side to all the members of teambhp

I need an expert guidance from your side. details are as follows give it a read.

I am planning to buy a ciaz for my self and I have the following questions bugging me.

Question 1. My monthly running is around 1500 kms(excluding any holiday trip) out of which ~1000 kms will be on the highway rest ~500 in city conditions.
So, which one should I opt for petrol or diesel?

Question 2. I belong to Hisar,haryana here showroom personnel mentioned that zxi as in petrol returns a mileage of around 10-14kpl in city(4 person + ac) and around 16-18kpl higway(same 4person + ac) and on the contrary, for hybrid claimed around 20+ in city and 24+ on highway, is that true?

Question 3. ciaz ZDI is costing me around 10.55 on road (no increase in 4% cess in Union budget.)
on the contrary around ~34000 price increase on zxi which translates to ~ 9.85 on road.

Question 4. My calculations on the fuel average mentioned above translates to ~28000 per year difference extra incurred on fuel charges. lets say remove another 4000 citing extra maintenance cost per year.
24000 x 3 = 72000. I recover the price difference within 3years.

Summary: What should I do? urgent suggestions needed.

Regards,
Mohit
Old 5th March 2016, 10:40   #1400
BHPian

Hi highway_rider,
I own a ciaz vdi+ the non hybrid one. And I have a similar running of around 1500 per month however that's only in city. And I get a decent avg of about 21kmpl in 100 percent AC throughout . Also as per the service cost it is around 2500 per service for the first 3 services which is very economical considering it's a diesel car. I would definitely suggest you to go with the ciaz diesel hybrid because of the beautiful refinement it has to offer. Cheers
gargashwin06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 15:04   #1401
BHPian

Go with diesel with eyes closed - even if price for both diesel and petrol becomes at par, diesel would still come down cheaper because of high mileage. For me, the break even point was not calculated - reason being I would be keeping the car for next 7/8 years atleast.

Refer my ownership thread for more details - my ZDI+ SHVS is just short of 7K kms (in 4.5 months - 3 or 4 long highway drives, and then normal city driving)
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 15:42   #1402

Agree. Diesel would be a better choice. I have realized that with diesel you always end up driving more. I wanted to go for petrol but instead went with SHVS RS diesel. In about 4 months already clocked 5k kms and really happy with the decision.
anilmln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 21:00   #1403
BHPian

Guys, If I get the following installed(just the spoiler, not the skirting) in my ZDI+, would it void the warranty ?

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-rs_ciaz_rearunderspoiler.jpg

And from where can I get it ? Price ?
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 01:03   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, If I get the following installed(just the spoiler, not the skirting) in my ZDI+, would it void the warranty ?

Attachment 1483076

Sure- its a MGA- ask the showroom guy- should not have an issue with warranty in case its an MGA.

Aftermarket spoilers are available too. Be sure of the workman ship for the installation if you intend to get it installed outside
Old 6th March 2016, 09:21   #1405

Quote:

Attachment 1483076

I remember my SA mention that the skirting and spoiler would cost approximately 25k to 30k. He also mentioned that these were offered on RS at half of that price. I don't know how far that was true.
Old 6th March 2016, 10:48   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilmln View Post
I remember my SA mention that the skirting and spoiler would cost approximately 25k to 30k. He also mentioned that these were offered on RS at half of that price. I don't know how far that was true.
When I went for first service, I inquired about the price. Initially, the guy in charge of accessories was clueless what is skirting & spoiler from RS . After I & one of the staff explained what it is, he called up someone and told it will cost 19k. Not sure this is true considering his level of knowledge.
Old 6th March 2016, 11:13   #1407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, If I get the following installed(just the spoiler, not the skirting) in my ZDI+, would it void the warranty?

Yes Sir you can get it done. I had asked my MGA dealer a few months ago and he quoted approximately 11k including paint just for the spoiler. And since it is MGA, it wont void your warranty if you get it done from an authorised dealer.

However it needs drilling on your boot door at two places. So make sure that rust proofing is done and metal isnt left exposed anywhere where drilling is done.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 21:08   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_rider View Post
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from my side to all the members of teambhp

I am planning to buy a ciaz for my self and I have the following questions bugging me.

... So, which one should I opt for petrol or diesel?

... for hybrid claimed around 20+ in city and 24+ on highway, is that true?

... I recover the price difference within 3years.

Summary: What should I do? urgent suggestions needed.

Regards,
Mohit
Hi Mohit,

We have a Ciaz Zdi+ SHVS

Not an expert but love cars...

My views based on my & dads experience for 2 months:

I have a similar scenario of running - opted for diesel due to the highway FE- getting above 22.2 kmpl (achieved max of 27.3 on pune-mumbai sedate e-way run auto AC at 23 deg C ) on full load (4 adults + weekend luggage + some other stuff), pure highway, full blast ac at 90-100 kmph. In mumbai city and usually peak hour drive the average is around 16 (+- 1 kmpl) This may improve if you drive more sedately (Ciaz is dad's primary car-I drive a GT TSI primarily and use the ciaz for family/weekend trips). So I am sure the price difference will get nullified in around 3-4 years

Ciaz as a car is definitely more comfy than the other vehicles and loaded with a lot of features.
I also found the driveability of diesel is better than that of petrol. There is sufficient torque for overtakes at around 80-90 kmph so you can accelerate to around 100-110 without hassle (petrol feels inadequate here)

The only case where the petrol trumps the diesel is the NVH. No rocket science that the petrol is much more silent than the diesel

The only reason why you may seriously want to consider the petrol is in case you are going for a auto transmission (in which case i would recommend go for a honda city)

All said and done, the highway FE difference between P & D is too big to ignore.
Hence I recommend you to go for the diesel.

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 6th March 2016 at 21:12.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 21:28   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi highway_rider,
I own a ciaz vdi+ the non hybrid one .... you to go with the ciaz diesel hybrid because of the beautiful refinement it has to offer. Cheers
Quote:
Go with diesel with eyes closed - ... In about 4 months already clocked 5k kms and really happy with the decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hi Mohit,

We have a Ciaz Zdi+ SHVS

... for the diesel.
Thank you all guys for your valuable suggestions and help.

I have finalized ZDI variant of Ciaz.

got my car booked today.

Old 8th March 2016, 08:05   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_rider View Post

got my car booked today.

Congrats highway_rider. Would you mind sharing the discounts given by the dealer, also if it's 2015 or 2016 model?
quadmaniac is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks