Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 16:30   #1426
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
You could have saved even more. Brake cleaning too is not really required IMHO. And "nano drops" for Rs 130? Seriously? What kind of cutting edge nano technology is this?

You could have saved this:
Diesel decarbonisation: 1215
Engine flush: 600
Nano Drops: 130
Brake cleaner: 160
Service plus: 238

Labour:
Brake cleaning: 504
Service plus: 54
Decarbonising: 392

That is around 3300 Rupees. Further saving could be possible by doing wheel alignment/balancing outside.

Also note the recommendation of next service in 5K km/6 months as usual, in spite of 10K/1 year service interval
Thats the reason long ago i had started servicing my alto k10 outside the service centers.
Since the Ciaz is under warranty we have to service it at the service center though we can easily skip the extras that you have mentioned.
Regarding the 5k/6months service, another maruti trick that i flatly refused to follow.
Anyways,dad is,hopefully a little more wiser after this experience.
Old 15th March 2016, 18:08   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
That is how the industry works mate. Automobile industry is very dynamic, perhaps only next to the smartphone industry. A 15 month old car getting updated is nothing new actually.
Be happy that you did not go for the VW Vento.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Or the Polo.

Polo probably gets an update once every month!!
My first jolt was the plus variant launch mere weeks after my purchase. My experience while "normal", is nonetheless painful !

Some questions to make this post more relevant:

Has any one successfully installed the ICE from the + in the normal Zxi successfully ? I hope the LED options etc rumoured from the facelift will be compatible (backwards) with the ZXi.
Old 15th March 2016, 19:15   #1428
BHPian

Guys,

Need some information on the Ciaz Ride.

My cousin's new Ciaz ZXi+ (Delivery Jan 2016, Made Dec 2016) has done about 1.6k KM and first service was done on time.

He has been complaining of a jiggliness in the low speed ride. When you go over an uneven surface at low speeds, the car with only the driver or driver and passenger keeps jumping over the imperfections as if it has a stiff suspension.

As you speed up the ride improves a fair bit and feels composed at speeds over 80 KM/h.

Has anyone else experienced such a relatively stiff ride in the Ciaz.

Note all 4 tyre pressures have been maintained at the recommended levels.

When he asked the SA at the service centre, they came up with the explanation that all Ciazes are like this sir.

Somehow that doesn't seem satisfying considering most reviews praise the ride of the car at the expense of handling.
Old 15th March 2016, 19:22   #1429
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
My first jolt was the plus variant launch mere weeks after my purchase. My experience while "normal", is nonetheless painful
I see.
However, your post stated your date of purchase as 1st Jan 2015 and hence my reply.
Old 15th March 2016, 19:46   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Guys,

My cousin's new Ciaz ZXi+ (Delivery Jan 2016, Made Dec 2016) has done about 1.6k KM and first service was done on time.

He has been complaining of a jiggliness in the low speed ride. When you go over an uneven surface at low speeds, the car with only the driver or driver and passenger keeps jumping over the imperfections as if it has a stiff suspension.

As you speed up the ride improves a fair bit and feels composed at speeds over 80 KM/h.

When he asked the SA at the service centre, they came up with the explanation that all Ciazes are like this sir.

Somehow that doesn't seem satisfying considering most reviews praise the ride of the car at the expense of handling.
Sorry for the typo in the date. It should read made Dec 2015.

Mods please correct original post if possible and delete this post.
Old 15th March 2016, 21:21   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Hi,

I have a 2015 made 2016 registered Zdi+ and had experienced the "stiff"ride initially. My vehicle has done 4500kms and now is very pleasant to drive with the recommended pressures.

There is sharpness in the impact (especially on concrete slab joints) which are stiff and not smooth. If you are comparing with a Honda City you will find the ride on the stiffer side.

Initially to improve the ride, I had adjusted my tyre pressure to a slightly different setting (28/32 when driving alone, 32/32 Driving full load)
I have Apollo Alnacs on the vehicle. Check your tyre make and date of manufacture.

I have found that sometimes the pressure gauge calibration is off the mark at tyre stations, hence try doing it at a different place if possible.

if the problem is only on solo drives try 28/32 tyre pressures
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 21:51   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I knew maruti service wasn't cheap as its made out to be, they are kings in fooling customers into buying useless stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Recently got my XUV serviced at 20K and the bill came up to 5800/-, but I could have saved at least 1K if the engine coating and A/C cleaning was not done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
This is daylight robbery
Quote:
I see this happening very often with Maruti and Hyundai service.
Honda is no different. Read my POST for Honda. I was able to frustrate the SA to such an extent that he actually told me "ok saar, aap hi bolo kya kya karna hai"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Also note the recommendation of next service in 5K km/6 months as usual, in spite of 10K/1 year service interval
Quote:
Regarding the 5k/6months service, another maruti trick that i flatly refused to follow.
Maruti (and all others) cites this mentioning some nonsense such as city driving screws it up etc. I faced the same issue in my SX4, Dzire etc and came to conclusion that it is just a rule all SAs follow.

Ask them whether it would void warranty and they are speechless. They just try to make some additional money from unsuspecting customers such as our dads (sorry for using this example). In fact, I gave my dad such a lecture after he got almost ripped out of Rs 6k (I saw the estimate and called up immediately to not touch my car and reached the center within 30 minutes) that from past 4 years he has refused to go for any service (I'm happy because surely I've saved some money)!

These guys make you feel like if you don't do this and that, your car is going to rot!

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 15th March 2016 at 21:54.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 15:55   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hi,

Initially to improve the ride, I had adjusted my tyre pressure to a slightly different setting (28/32 when driving alone, 32/32 Driving full load)
I have Apollo Alnacs on the vehicle. Check your tyre make and date of manufacture.

I have found that sometimes the pressure gauge calibration is off the mark at tyre stations, hence try doing it at a different place if possible.

if the problem is only on solo drives try 28/32 tyre pressures
Thanks for the information.

The tyres are GoodYear Assurance 195/55 R16 on the ZXi +.
Will check the Date of Manufacture.

The pressure was checked at a tyre joint with the traditional analogue gauge, Petrol station ones are normally poor.

Will ask my cousin to check at another place and try your settings. The issue is mostly faced when driving solo or with a single passenger.
Old 17th March 2016, 07:32   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information.

The tyres are GoodYear Assurance 195/55 R16 on the ZXi +.
Will check the Date of Manufacture.

The pressure was checked at a tyre joint with the traditional analogue gauge, Petrol station ones are normally poor.

Will ask my cousin to check at another place and try your settings. The issue is mostly faced when driving solo or with a single passenger.
This seems to be a common problem with Ciaz. My ZDI had a supple ride till 5k kms. Post which it is a terrible mix of soft and stiff. Sharp cuts in the road sends a quick shiver onto the cabin and tends to pitch and bounce on minor road undulations. I suspect it to be a suspension issue. Will be taking to MASS soon.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:35   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
This seems to be a common problem with Ciaz. My ZDI had a supple ride till 5k kms. Post which it is a terrible mix of soft and stiff. Sharp cuts in the road sends a quick shiver onto the cabin and tends to pitch and bounce on minor road undulations. I suspect it to be a suspension issue. Will be taking to MASS soon.
I have a 20k km run ZDI with 185/65 r15 goodyear assurance and 32 psi in all 4 tyres. I cant specifically remember the ride quality when we initially bought it but compared to our previous 2012 honda city, the ride quality in the ciaz is much more plusher. In the new honda city, the suspension tends to crash into each and every pothole at lower speeds,plus the suspension noise that creeps in,ciaz is way superior in this department.

Yes the Ciaz tends to pitch on undulations at lower speeds and at speeds > 100kmph but i cant say the ride is stiff.Maybe the ride quality is different on concrete roads,since we dont have such roads here i cant comment.

Try with another used ciaz to see if that car too reproduces the same issue you face.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 17th March 2016 at 09:41.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 18:56   #1436

I have a slight niggle that's more irritating than bothersome in my ZDI (O). The thing is that the auto dimming rear view mirror seems to vibrate consequently causing the image to blur at the slightest of imperfections on the road specially rumble strips! any one else facing the same issue? guess would ask the service guys to try and tighten the frame when I go for the next visit !
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:11   #1437
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Here are few updates to my ciaz vdi+. I am not a fan of the beige seat covers offered in the ciaz they look very dull and are a pain to maintain. Also wanted a darker set of interior and was confused between the black and coco brown shade also the material had to be something easy to maintain so i went in for the art leather one. This material is called the lavish leather and is very durable and good to touch i did a fair bit of research and found it to be closest to real leather. One more thing that i wanted really badly was matching door carts however nobody was ready to do it since it was a very time consuming work which involved pasting the material directly onto the carts because you cannot remove it. Finally my brother in law who owns a car accessory store here in Pune helped we with a few contacts and directed me towards a seat cover manufacturing unit in dhairi. They did everything in house and it took a good 1 whole day to finish up the car. Adding a few snaps taken from my phone. Hope you guys like it
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2562.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2563.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2565.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2567.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2568.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2585.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2587.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2589.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2590.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_2591.jpg  

gargashwin06 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:18   #1438
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello Ashwin,
The overall work looks to be of very good quality.
Infact Maruti can perhaps take a few design cues from your car for the design of the door pads for the Ciaz facelift.
Old 24th March 2016, 18:11   #1439
BHPian

Folks,

I have also got my seat covers done.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163640.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163717.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163725.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163809.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163857.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163931.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163923.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163943.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20160324_163823.jpg
atnyia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:51   #1440
BHPian

Buddy your seat covers looks class! Which shop in gurgaon and how much damage to pocket?

BR. Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks