Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 13:33   #1351
BHPian

Hi friends, I need a suggestion. I am looking to buy the VDi+. Do you think if I change the rims to 16 inches alloys, will it impact warranty. I see ZDi+ has 16 inches. Hence thinking it should not affect warranty. Of course I will change the tyres from 15 to 16 inches.
Old 14th February 2016, 21:20   #1352
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hi guys,

I am looking for Ciaz automatic. But I am not able to find any review in the forum. I am confused whether to go for it or not. Recently they launched ZXI+ in automatic. Does anyone has idea how is Ciaz AT? It's performance and mileage. Is it worth to go for it or not.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this...

Last edited by ampere : 15th February 2016 at 07:55. Reason: Dotty Post
Old 15th February 2016, 11:14   #1353
BHPian

After losing my previous CIAZ ZDI 2014, finally I took delivery of the CIAZ ZDI 2016 this morning, for 1 lakh lesser and with the hybrid technology. It worked well for me. The new car is butter smooth, loving the feel of it. Have swapped the alloys from the previous car, so it does not have any cosmetic change to my previous car.

Accessories planned:
Roof wrap
Sunfilm
Magnetic curtain
Number plate
3D mat
Video player

Issues:
Same problem in CAIZ2 - Glove box vibration on cruising speed, have to get that sorted out with sticky tape
The SHVS gives you an irritating and disturbing feeling inside the cabin, it keeps switching off and switching on, as though the car is malfunctioning.
I dont know what long term impact it will have on the starter motor and engine, I am sure it is not good.
It sports a bigger and costlier battery which might need replacement within 2 years.
Electrical loading the battery with accessories is strongly advised no.

Will get back with long term output, but I am seriously considering switching off the SHVS permanently.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:35   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
After losing my previous CIAZ ZDI 2014
I may have missed reading about this in earlier post or something, but what happened?

Quote:

Issues:
Same problem in CAIZ2 - Glove box vibration on cruising speed, have to get that sorted out with sticky tape
Had you managed to fix it earlier? Please share your solution to this annoying problem (I'm facing it as well).
Old 15th February 2016, 12:03   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of the CIAZ ZDI 2016 this morning, for 1 lakh lesser and with the hybrid technology.
Video player
1 lakh lesser for Ciaz Zdi 2016? What is the final on-road price?
Old 15th February 2016, 12:52   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
I may have missed reading about this in earlier post or something, but what happened?
He lost his car during Chennai floods. You can find his detailed update here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3883318
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3885581
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 14:26   #1357
BHPian

Anyone using/used or have experience with Key covers specially Ciaz keyless? I am planning to buy online but am confused from where to buy.
Old 15th February 2016, 15:32   #1358
BHPian

After coming back from 1st service, I realised that they haven't updated service checklist in the owner's manual. Anyone else faced this issue? I hope that they actually did all checkup and only forgot to update the checklist.

Anyway, i'm going back to get it sealed/signed by them. In case I have to claim warranty later, I don't want to get in to any trouble, with Maruti telling that I didn't go for service.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:01   #1359

I had got the silicone key cover for Smart key from Amazon. It works without any issues and protects the key against scratches, water & dust.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:06   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
After coming back from 1st service, I realised that they haven't updated service checklist in the owner's manual. Anyone else faced this issue? I hope that they actually did all checkup and only forgot to update the checklist.

Anyway, i'm going back to get it sealed/signed by them. In case I have to claim warranty later, I don't want to get in to any trouble, with Maruti telling that I didn't go for service.
That's not a mandate, so you can relax. Please keep all the bills in a folder so that you have proof you had done the services on time. Alternately, all the records will be available in their systems too.

I never had the services registered in my owners manual and still have availed replacements under extended warranty - no questions asked.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:36   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post

Had you managed to fix it earlier? Please share your solution to this annoying problem (I'm facing it as well).
My car got submerged in the parking lot of my hospital at basement 3 and it stayed there for 2 months before getting towed away by the salvage buyer.

Of course I got it sorted out. Remove the glove box lid, screw out the inner panel from the dashboard and you will see packing which is not done properly, add a double sided sticky tape and you are good to go. My previous car had all rattles sorted out to zero. Will try and do a photo update of the process, this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
1 lakh lesser for Ciaz Zdi 2016? What is the final on-road price?
I had bought the CIAZ ZDI in Dec 14 for about 11.2 I think. This time the Jan 2016 costed me about 10.5. Got discount of 74+x K thanks to the flood offer, exchange bonus, govt discount, maruti discount and accessories.

I am planning to get seat covers and a video player/tablet set up in the car, has anyone done it in the Ciaz, please give me the options I have.

Last edited by Visaster : 16th February 2016 at 12:44.
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 13:43   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
My car got submerged in the parking lot of my hospital at basement 3 and it stayed there for 2 months before getting towed away by the salvage buyer.
My condolences Visaster. I read about it on the other thread.

I hope things worked out to some extent with the discounts and all.

Quote:
Of course I got it sorted out. Remove the glove box lid, screw out the inner panel from the dashboard and you will see packing which is not done properly, add a double sided sticky tape and you are good to go. My previous car had all rattles sorted out to zero. Will try and do a photo update of the process, this time.
Thanks a million for this. If not for this stupid noise, the car is otherwise quite a pleasure to own and drive.

Quote:

Accessories planned:
Roof wrap
Sunfilm
Magnetic curtain
Number plate
3D mat
Video player
I don't have any suggestions with regard to the video player. Do however consider these accessories. They're not too expensive and are from Maruti itself.

1. Rear sun shades.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151113_170045.jpg

2. Illuminated sill guards and the armrest and interior styling kit (the colour is called hickory brown wood and it matches the faux wood panel on the dash).

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151113_165942.jpg
Old 16th February 2016, 14:50   #1363
BHPian

Today took the Zx to the Hyderabad Airport, could open her up a bit, hit 100 a couple of times. Milage has steadily climed to 13.2km/L done 300kms. But there is wobble crossing 90kmph, have to check the balancing. Tyre noise a issue specially on rough road surfaces.
Otherwise on the whole Loved it!! Now eagerly waithing to complete 1000kms & finish the first service so I can hit the highway. First trip planned Hyderabad to Nagpur & back!!

Last edited by rdhan : 16th February 2016 at 14:51.
Old 16th February 2016, 15:03   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
Today took the Zx to the Hyderabad Airport, could open her up a bit, hit 100 a couple of times. Milage has steadily climed to 13.2km/L done 300kms. But there is wobble crossing 90kmph, have to check the balancing. Tyre noise a issue specially on rough road surfaces.
Otherwise on the whole Loved it!! Now eagerly waithing to complete 1000kms & finish the first service so I can hit the highway. First trip planned Hyderabad to Nagpur & back!!

Have you changed the OE set of tyres ? If yes, balancing was done at that time ?
Did you check the tyre pressure ?
Most of the new cars which have their tyres over filled.
My Swift had 51 PSI pressure and my friend's Ciaz VDi had 45+ PSI, that too a few days after delivery.
Both of us faced issue of wobble during highway drives. Now, after change of tyres and 5000+ kms. after that, there is no wobble.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th February 2016 at 15:09.
Old 16th February 2016, 15:14   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Have you changed the OE set of tyres ? If yes, balancing was done at that time ?
Did you check the tyre pressure ?
Most of the new cars which have their tyres over filled.
My Swift had 51 PSI pressure and my friend's Ciaz VDi had 45+ PSI, that too a few days after delivery.
The tyres are OE Goodyears. Had checked the air preassure a couple of days ago, found it to be 51psi on all 4. Recommended 29psi filled 28psi, which should not cause the wobble. Will take it up at the first service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks