Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 06:25   #1201
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Sure!
Once in 10,000 km; costs around Rs. 1,300 per litre!
hmm...this makes me think,

Synthetic oil would cost 1300*3 = 4000 approx for every 10K Kms oil change

OR

Normal Oil change every 5000kms would cost 1300 for 3 litres.
Old 4th November 2015, 09:06   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

OR

The head says mineral oil change every 5,000 km, but the heart says Mobil1 every 10,000 km.

You have to 'feel' an engine running on Mobil1, you will not use a mineral oil ever again!

Incidentally, in my earlier Swift Petrol, I used to replace Mobil1 every 20,000 km! I wouldn't recommend such an extended change duration in a diesel engine though!
Old 5th November 2015, 16:24   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Could you share, at what odo interval do you give your car for service, and also what is the cost of Mobil1 oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Sure!
Once in 10,000 km; costs around Rs. 1,300 per litre!
Quote:

OR

Its 1008.73 INR per liter and for 3.1 litres thats 3127.06 INR in total .
Performance and refinement along with FE will make up for this additional cost that you are paying over the MGO mineral oil .
Old 7th November 2015, 23:18   #1204
BANNED

Went to take the Delivery of our Maruti Ciaz from Pratham Motors Queens road..Finished all the documentation and for our surprise the sales person says he cannot deliver the car today because the car is in the basement and it is flooded with water and we cannot do anything now. Please collect the car tomorrow morning! When I went out to check what the scene is..I was shocked to see how the Brand new cars, which are awaiting delivery are left just like that where the water level has reached so high that half Tyre is in the water ! This happened when it rained last week.

Our Ciaz was parked inside the garage which is seen in the 5th picture.But what about others cars which are left to sink in the water ??

There was absolutely no effort put by anyone to pump out the water. When these guys do all these at their showroom where a customer can see what is happening..Wondering what these guys do behind the back of customers!

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151102_182316.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151102_182612.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151102_182621.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151102_182630.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture1.jpg

MODS:Please move this to relevant thread if this is not an appropriate thread.
mohammedismail is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 09:06   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Went to take the Delivery of our Maruti Ciaz from Pratham Motors Queens road..Finished all the documentation and for our surprise the sales person says he cannot deliver the car today because the car is in the basement and it is flooded with water and we cannot do anything now. Please collect the car tomorrow morning! When I went out to check what the scene is..I was shocked to see how the Brand new cars, which are awaiting delivery are left just like that where the water level has reached so high that half Tyre is in the water ! This happened when it rained last week.

Our Ciaz was parked inside the garage which is seen in the 5th picture.But what about others cars which are left to sink in the water ??

There was absolutely no effort put by anyone to pump out the water. When these guys do all these at their showroom where a customer can see what is happening..Wondering what these guys do behind the back of customers!
I hope you do not take the delivery of the car from that dealership. And if you can, kindly write a mail to Maruti officials. If possible, send mails to prominent car magazines, and news papers. This is worth coverage. And before doing anything please get your money back.
Old 8th November 2015, 17:13   #1206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
I hope you do not take the delivery of the car from that dealership. And if you can, kindly write a mail to Maruti officials. If possible, send mails to prominent car magazines, and news papers. This is worth coverage. And before doing anything please get your money back.
The car was already registered hence we could not really do much and took the delivery of our car the next day. I will write an email to the Maruti guys lets see what the response is going to be!
mohammedismail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 19:47   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
The car was already registered hence we could not really do much and took the delivery of our car the next day. I will write an email to the Maruti guys lets see what the response is going to be!
IMO the dealer has to take back the vehicle even if it is registered under your name. They might have to change the ownership, and take a loss at it. You dont have to suffer for their negligence and utter callousness. But once you take delivery, it will be tantamount to your acceptance of the vehicle in its present state.
Old 8th November 2015, 21:28   #1208
BHPian

Couple of days back I have placed order for 5lit Mobile Devlac1 synthetic oil at 99rpm.com @ Rs 4000/-. Thus per lit cost comes to Rs 800/-. During last service too I had used the same engine oil. Worth spending little more . The drain interval can safely be increased to 15k km even for CRDI engine. I know people extending the drain interval even to 20k km without any problem. This increased drain interval does offset the cost of synthetic by a great extent, apart from smoothening out the engine and possibly extending the engine life.
Old 13th November 2015, 16:52   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I have couple of questions on the start stop technology;

1. Will it not impact the engine and battery life in bumper to bumper traffic situation where you keep stopping every few meters and engine stalls once you shift to neutral and take your foot off the clutch?

2. What will be the impact on turbo if the car stops immediately after a quick burst
I have done 850 KM after the purchase and have always used SHVS. Now this thing does not always shut down. In bumper to bumper traffic, it does. When I stop on highways abruptly (not really abruptly) after driving it in fifth, it does not. So I believe, engines temperatures are factored in for SHVS. Besides, it does aid in picking up. I don't plan to drive it without SHVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
This happened today to my neighbor's 4 months old Ciaz -

Attachment 1428067

!
Quote:
Is the spot on which it got hit jinxed
Saw a ciaz in Delhi, which had a dent exactly in the same spot !!

Attachment 1428507
An underage twowheeler rider rear ended my car at the same stop and the rear bumper got a dent at the same place. It happened when I slowed down on a speed breaker on a country side road which was almost empty. I never saw anything in my IVRM as it hid behind the boot! I think boot is too high. Now I check side mirrors before braking.
Old 13th November 2015, 20:29   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, 3 months update -

I have done 6880km on my Ciaz ZDI. It has been driving like a dream! Took it to the highest point in South India- The Nilgiris. The car didn't feel stressed on the hills at all.

I have one thing that I have never experienced in any of my past 13 cars - the fuel efficiency never goes below 18kmpl no matter how badly I floor the gas pedal.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 21:26   #1211
BANNED

Quote:
Hey, Any update on the issue and have you sent any email to Maruti regarding the issue?!

Have you received any reply?
Old 14th November 2015, 19:57   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys! I just got my 3rd service done! I wanted full synthetic oil but I was informed by the service adviser that Maruti did not come up for a fully synthetic oil for ciaz! Is this true? I am pretty mad with Sai service!
Nope, they have tie ups with Mobil 1 (http://www.amazon.in/Mobil-Super-5W-...bil1+synthetic) , Shell (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nership-7.html) and Castrol (What I got on my car. They didn't have cans, but oil dispensers)

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20151113_231318.jpg.

I too am due for my third service soon.
Old 15th November 2015, 13:02   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Went to take the Delivery of our Maruti Ciaz from Pratham Motors Queens road..??

There was absolutely no effort put by anyone to pump out the water. When these guys do all these at their showroom where a customer can see what is happening..Wondering what these guys do behind the back of thread.

That's bad ! And I am not surprised ! I have shared feedback earlier as well. Pratham Queens Road are the most useless Maruti dealers I have ever seen.
Even we bought our car from there.

The only reason we opted for them was because they promised me a delivery within one week and because they were giving me the best deal on the Amaze.

As soon as I paid the money , the sales guy tries explaining ṭo me on how the petrol version is a better deal than the diesel engined one. When he realised he couldn't do much , he tried convincing me on how the vdi is the best option as alloy rims , wider Tyres , leather seats in the top end were supposedly useless. He kept on arguing on how I can save 1L by opting for the VDi. I asked him to shut up and let me know the VIN details. Then he calls me after 2 days and says they had a confusion and that there is no vehicle in the stockyard. Finally a mail to Maruti ensured that these guys wouldn't act smart

Even at delivery time , the car wasn't cleaned properly , it was very evident that those idiots hadn't even done their PDI properly as the car had a defective oil pump ( replaced later under warranty from Mandovi , BG road ). Moreever ṭhere were swirl marks all over the car. Santosh and Bharat were the sales guys I was talking to. Santosh even tried to make a quick buck by saying I need to pay 500 INR separately for which I wouldn't get any receipt 😀 these guys just dont learn

Useless is all I can about them.

Last edited by speedsatya : 15th November 2015 at 13:06.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:06   #1214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, Any update on the issue and have you sent any email to Maruti regarding the issue?!

Have you received any reply?
Hey, Apologies I was quite held with with some work and was unable to send the email..I have sent them an email now and shall update as soon as I hear back from Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
That's bad ! And I am not surprised ! I have shared feedback earlier as well. Pratham Queens Road are the most useless Maruti dealers I have ever seen.
Even we bought our car from there.
Yep this is the same guy with whom we were dealing with.. I'm never going to go back to Pratham Motors for any New car now !
Old 17th November 2015, 13:08   #1215
BHPian

Quick question. The manual says recommended engine oil is FS 0W20 which is available at around 400/ltr in the service stations but most of the owners here I see are filling in FS 5W40 which costs around 1000/ltr which is 2.5 times the price.

So we are going against what the manufacture recommends and we are also paying 2.5 times what is recommended. Is the 5W40 really that much better or am I missing something obvious ? Or are the service stations having a gala time pushing something that is not needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks