Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 12:08   #1186
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Just had a short drive of my car with SHVS. In first gear, the car simply creeps forward without any accelerator input when I start leaving completely depressed clutch. Now, this is handy. But is it new, as there is no mention of this in official review?
Additionally, SHVS does help in picking up during low RPM. This is my experience. The help doesn't really compensates for the lack of turbo but nevertheless makes low end driving much more palatable.
Wow! Didnt notice the creeping forward at all. I test drove it twice. Somebody needs to clear this. My car will be delivered next week. So can check the feature only then.
Old 27th October 2015, 13:00   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Wow! Didnt notice the creeping forward at all. I test drove it twice. Somebody needs to clear this. My car will be delivered next week. So can check the feature only then.
Whats new in this? Both my cars(petrol SX4 and petrol WagonR) will effortlessly creep forward in first gear without accelerator input. Even light inclines can be managed without using accelerator. A diesel must creep much effortlessly.
Old 27th October 2015, 13:41   #1188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just had a short drive of my car with SHVS. In first gear, the car simply creeps forward without any accelerator input when I start leaving completely depressed clutch. Now, this is handy. But is it new, as there is no mention of this in official review?
This is fairly common in diesel engines, and definitely helps in start stop traffic conditions.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:43   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Whats new in this? Both my cars(petrol SX4 and petrol WagonR) will effortlessly creep forward in first gear without accelerator input. Even light inclines can be managed without using accelerator. A diesel must creep much effortlessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This is fairly common in diesel engines, and definitely helps in start stop traffic conditions.

Please check the wordings in our fellow BHPian atnyia's post as quoted below.
In it he has mentioned that the car creeps forward, even when he leaves the clutch depressed. That is why I was surprised and hence my reply. Please feel free to correct me if I misread it.

Quote:

Last edited by mithunvvijayan : 27th October 2015 at 13:47. Reason: typo error
Old 27th October 2015, 15:53   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Please check the wordings in our fellow BHPian atnyia's post as quoted below.
In it he has mentioned that the car creeps forward, even when he leaves the clutch depressed. That is why I was surprised and hence my reply. Please feel free to correct me if I misread it.
Completely depressed simply means clutch completely pushed down (with the left foot ofcourse). Now when I start leaving it gradually (removing the foot pressure), it creeps forward. It does not stall even when the clutch is completely left off (without any input on A paddle) and keeps creeping. Sounds good enough?

Rest, I have been driving Hyundai petrol cars for a long time and they used to stall without any Accelerator inputs. I am sure I am not the only one who would be surprised with this.

Last edited by atnyia : 27th October 2015 at 15:54.
Old 27th October 2015, 15:57   #1191
Team-BHP Support

^^ Yes, this is what we understood and is normal for diesel engines. Do not worry.
Old 27th October 2015, 17:28   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Completely depressed simply means clutch completely pushed down (with the left foot ofcourse). Now when I start leaving it gradually (removing the foot pressure), it creeps forward. It does not stall even when the clutch is completely left off (without any input on A paddle) and keeps creeping. Sounds good enough?

Rest, I have been driving Hyundai petrol cars for a long time and they used to stall without any Accelerator inputs. I am sure I am not the only one who would be surprised with this.
Sorry for mis reading what you had written. I thought it starts crawling once the clutch is held depressed. It is normal for diesel engines to pull without any accelerator input, for some, even in higher gears. Once again I apologise if my post seemed demeaning.
Old 29th October 2015, 20:37   #1193
Senior - BHPian

30,000 Km update

Performance has been more or less consistent , but have a few niggling issues that should be sorted out during the 30K service at Suraksha , Koramangala

1- Hand Brake : This needs adjustment .Car rolls down even on slight inclines
2- Sound from rear suspension - There is a creaking sound that comes from the LHS rear suspension while going on bad roads
3- Wiper Spray : The spray has its own mind . Sometimes , the pressure is so low that it doesn't even reach the windscreen
4-Pick up :Pickup feels low at times , especially at 3000+ rpms while overtaking
5- FE : There is a drop in FE for sure over the last 3K kms . Highway drives are now just around 20 kpl for speeds averaging between 1700-2500 rpms. Earlier it was 22-24kpl .
6- Steering paint fading off . Attaching a pic for the same .
7- Gear shifting : At times , reverse gear is difficult to slot into .
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture.jpg  

Last edited by speedsatya : 29th October 2015 at 20:39.
speedsatya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 06:37   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The RS edition could have been the icing on the cake if it had the 1.4Tjet engine from the Punto abarth with uprated brakes and a firmer suspension with anti roll bars all around. The 1.6 DDIS engine if it were smoother could too also have been mated to this car for a 1.5 lakh premium but because of its added weight and lumpy/gruff nature I doubt whether the 1.6DDIS will ever find its way into the Ciaz. I shall be signing the cheque the day they shove in the 1.4tjet 145bhp version into the CiazRS for a Rs80000 premium.
Suzuki may not bring the DDIS320 in any other car until they make in India. An imported DDIS320 cannot be cost effective, at least for a price sensitive market. Not sure whether Suzuki will buy the Fiat Petrol engines, as it owns a wide range of Petrol engines itself.

Suzuki Ciaz is at it again. Near to 6K sales in October 15'. Guess this is no mean feat after the SX4 project.

Source: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/press-re...-nov-2015.aspx

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd November 2015 at 08:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:20   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
30,000 Km update

5- FE : There is a drop in FE for sure over the last 3K kms . Highway drives are now just around 20 kpl for speeds averaging between 1700-2500 rpms. Earlier it was 22-24kpl .
Updates after the service at Surakhsaa , Koramangala . The following was done as part of the service :

1- Fully Synthetic Oil Shell 5W30
2- Air filter change
3-AC filter change
4- AC vents cleaning
5-Interior cleaning
6-Wheel balancing & alignment
7- Puncture repair ( second puncture in 10 K kms on the 3 STs )
8-Headlight conked off . The Philips bulb on the LHS high beam was working when I dropped the car , but it had to replaced later on . As Surakshaa didnt have spares , I changed the LB bulbs to the OE Osrams and changed HBs to these Philips

Total bill - 10,400 INR

There is a massive difference in the performance of the car . It feels more refined now ( same as what it was when new ) along with a big improvement in FE

If you see , the FE was only going down from 27K kms onwards . I was seeing only around 20 kpl on the highways . These numbers that you see are during tankful refills .

Now on , I plan to do a 5K check up in between instead of going the full 10K between intervals .

How will I rate Surakshaa Koramangala service : 9/10
What I like? : They were proactive and attended to few other niggling issues that I hadnt mentioned .
What could have been better? : Inspite of mentioning this repeatedly , once again they change my seat positions! I had asked them specifically to not fill the useless Maruti windscreen washer fluid , still they ended up doing it .
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-fe-ciaz.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2015, 21:09   #1196
BHPian

Hi guys! I just got my 3rd service done! I wanted full synthetic oil but I was informed by the service adviser that Maruti did not come up for a fully synthetic oil for ciaz! Is this true? I am pretty mad with Sai service!
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:34   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys! I just got my 3rd service done! I wanted full synthetic oil but I was informed by the service adviser that Maruti did not come up for a fully synthetic oil for ciaz! Is this true? I am pretty mad with Sai service!
I don't know for sure about a Ciaz, but I have been driving my DDiS 200 engined SX4 for the past 80,000 km. with fully synthetic oil.
As per the company's recommendation (and my personal preference in ALL my vehicles), I have been using ONLY Mobil1 (0W40) filled at a MASS. The result is an ultra-smooth engine which sounds as good as new.
It's relatively wide tyres (205/60R16), notwithstanding, I get an average mileage of 18 kmpl on the highways and 15 kmpl in the city - even today!
I would surely recommend a fully synthetic oil with the DDiS 200 irrespective of your SA's advice, in all probability, he has no stock of the recommended oil!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 3rd November 2015 at 21:37.
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:37   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I don't know for sure about a Ciaz, but I have been driving my DDiS 200 engined SX4 for the past 80,000 km. with fully synthetic oil.
As per the company's recommendation (and my personal preference in ALL my vehicles), I have been using ONLY Mobil1 (0W40) filled at a MASS. The result is an ultra-smooth engine which sounds as good as new.
It's relatively wide tyres (205/60R16), notwithstanding, I get an average mileage of 18 kmpl on the highways and 15 kmpl in the city - even today!
I would surely recommend a fully synthetic oil with the DDiS 200 irrespective of your SA's advice, in all probability, he has no stock of the recommended oil!
Could you share, at what odo interval do you give your car for service, and also what is the cost of Mobil1 oil?
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:38   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post

Maruti has been giving Shell FS oil for the 90 Bhp MJD since a long time ! Just write to Maruti and share feedback.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:57   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Could you share, at what odo interval do you give your car for service, and also what is the cost of Mobil1 oil?
Sure!
Once in 10,000 km; costs around Rs. 1,300 per litre!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks