Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 15:48   #1321
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Is there a way to stiffen the suspension of Ciaz? In my 10K KMS of running, I enjoy driving the car when it is loaded with 5 well built adults. It feels more planted, steering becomes crisp (?!) and no bounciness at good speeds.

One of my friend explained that it is due to suspension which gets stiff when the car is fully loaded. Is that correct?
One can use coil spring spacers. They will reduce the travel hence stiffening the suspension.
The only issue is the ride rear will become harder.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ension-22.html
Check the pic..
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-studio_20160127_154039.png  

rdhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 16:02   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Congrats. Are you getting 2016 manufactured car?

There were news last month that Maruti, Hyundai and few more manufactures would hike car price in Jan. Did that happen already? What's your invoice quote?
Got the latest quote 2016 Ciaz Zxi+ Rs 10.75L mats, beading, visor included a benifit of 25 grand on the list price. An increase of 10 grand over the last year price for a 2015 manufactured Ciaz.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:11   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Is there a way to stiffen the suspension of Ciaz? In my 10K KMS of running, I enjoy driving the car when it is loaded with 5 well built adults. It feels more planted, steering becomes crisp (?!) and no bounciness at good speeds.

One of my friend explained that it is due to suspension which gets stiff when the car is fully loaded. Is that correct?
To be precise the suspension of the car does not get stiffer unless you change the spring stiffness.

What actually happens with 5 Passengers is that the available travel of the suspension during the bump (or technical word Jounce) reduces, hence a part called the bump-stopper engages earlier. The Bump-stopper restricts the travel of the suspension and hence we feel the additional stiffness due to its inherent characteristics.

The aftermarket stiffeners are actually the bump-stoppers which engage and arrest the suspension travel- in turn increase the full load Ground Clearance

However I would not go for these aftermarket stiffeners as the moment you restrict the load on the suspension it gets transferred to the body. In long run there would be fatigue failures in the body which may not be repairable.

What I would do in a case similar to yours is play with the tyre pressure
There is lower load overall and hence to increase the front tyre contact patch and the improve the steering feel, I lowered the front tyre pressure.
At the rear, though the load is less i like the vehicle to dart easily, be less bouncy and give a pseudo oversteer feel. Hence I personally prefer a F/R::28/32 psi setting for my Ciaz when driving alone.

Try different settings to find your sweet spot.

If at all you are ready to play with the alignments, try the extreme toe out spec.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:58   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post

What I would do in a case similar to yours is play with the tyre pressure
There is lower load overall and hence to increase the front tyre contact patch and the improve the steering feel, I lowered the front tyre pressure.
At the rear, though the load is less i like the vehicle to dart easily, be less bouncy and give a pseudo oversteer feel. Hence I personally prefer a F/R::28/32 psi setting for my Ciaz when driving alone.

Try different settings to find your sweet spot.
Thanks a lot for the inputs. The tyre pressure you are indicating just sits opposite of what Maruti recommends. Let me try different get my sweet spot.
Old 1st February 2016, 17:00   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
You havent mentioned the exact discount offered but regardless, push for as much as possible!

I was able to extract a 25k cash + 26K worth accessories on the VXi(O) variant a few days ago. This was on a December manufactured one.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Hi Shivang,

Was this 25k cash over and above the offer of the month cash discount just because it was 2015 make? I am getting an offer for a 2015 make ZXi, and am offered 30k over and above the corporate discount + Jan month offer, so that makes my on road by about 55k lesser than list price. I think I can make a still better deal by pushing them a bit.
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:53   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Hi Shivang,

Was this 25k cash over and above the offer of the month cash discount just because it was 2015 make? I am getting an offer for a 2015 make ZXi, and am offered 30k over and above the corporate discount + Jan month offer, so that makes my on road by about 55k lesser than list price. I think I can make a still better deal by pushing them a bit.
Yep, for a Dec 2015. So, I am guessing with the year change you can try your luck a bit further. The current discount looks great as well. However, do push further on freebies.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:00   #1327
BHPian

Thanks. I will be doing a PDI today. The offer is good. Hopefully, the car is also good. Else I will go for 2016 make.
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:19   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I will be doing a PDI today. The offer is good. Hopefully, the car is also good. Else I will go for 2016 make.
All the best!! What is the offer you got on 2016 Ciaz? I am getting 25K off on the ex showroom price +mats, door visor & side beading. I will be doing a PDI tomorrow. Hope to take delivery on the 4th.
Old 3rd February 2016, 06:36   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
All the best!! What is the offer you got on 2016 Ciaz? I am getting 25K off on the ex showroom price +mats, door visor & side beading. I will be doing a PDI tomorrow. Hope to take delivery on the 4th.
I did PDI, while the car seems ok I am not satisfied with the answers given by the SA. He quoted and showed me the list and told me its a Nov'15 model and that's why additional discounts. While the VIN decoding suggests its Jul 2015. Either I fight it out to get latest manufactured car or get full refund of my token amt.
Will meet the manager today, let's see what pans out.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 07:14   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
I did PDI, while the car seems ok I am not satisfied with the answers given by the SA. He quoted and showed me the list and told me its a Nov'15 model and that's why additional discounts. While the VIN decoding suggests its Jul 2015. Either I fight it out to get latest manufactured car or get full refund of my token amt.
Will meet the manager today, let's see what pans out.
The exact same thing happend to me, was offered a July 15 manufactured Ciaz , showing 56km run , but opted out. Should avoid a 7 month old car. Do let me know the offers you are getting on a 2016 Ciaz.
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:36   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
He quoted and showed me the list and told me its a Nov'15 model and that's why additional discounts. While the VIN decoding suggests its Jul 2015.
Similar experience for me also at Surakshaa Koramangala, Bangalore. They offered a Nov vehicle and upon checking VIN, I found it to be July. Moreover odo was also disconnected. They were trying to tell all kinds of lies & stories to convince me. Didn't budge, cancelled the booking & got full booking amount refunded (for which they took 1 month).
Anyway, I went to a different dealer & got a better deal, that too for a Nov car (This happened in mid Dec). My car stayed in their stockyard for less than a week.

You should also try the same. Don't go with the dealer who tried to cheat you once. All the best.
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:37   #1332
BHPian

I was at the dealer place just a while back. He showed me the factory invoice and his car invoice which shows the date as 5th Nov.

As per the SA, it is possible that car chassis was manufactured in Jul but it may have reached assembly line in Oct or Nov and dispatched on 5th Nov.
Is it possible? To me that sounds logical and it's backed with invoices, but I don't want to go with it just because he is making a sweet deal.

Last edited by advaitlele : 3rd February 2016 at 12:39.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:47   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
To me that sounds logical and it's backed with invoices, but I don't want to go with it just because he is making a sweet deal.
Is he willing to give same sweet deal for another 2015 manufactured car of same/diff colour or model? If the offer is only specific to this car, then definitely something is fishy.

BTW, I don't know when exactly they etch VIN number on car. Not sure why the chassis would stay that long in their plant for a model with high demand.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:40   #1334
BHPian

I have opted out of that car and have asked c him to give me from the Jan 2016 manufactured stock.
He was not forthcoming on extending it to other car from Nov'15 stock and didn't make things clear on that, so it was enough for me to ring the warning bell.

So, wait now starts for the D-day.
Old 9th February 2016, 11:02   #1335
BHPian

Finally My wait is over!! Took delivery of The 2016 Ciaz Zxi+. Love it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20160205wa0001.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20160205wa0000.jpg  

rdhan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks