Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 19:25   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

But wouldn't Teflon coating prevent minor scratches? I have been doing this on all my cars.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 20:16   #947
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
But wouldn't Teflon coating prevent minor scratches? I have been doing this on all my cars.
Look at the below threads to get your answers:

Hope it helps.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 11:17   #948
BHPian

All this while the idiotic service fellows never bent down to see what the problem was and kept working in default mode, that is taping all moving hinges and using double side sticking tape between joints.

It was my time to get my hands dirty. I escalated the problem to the manager, made couple of calls and took permission to be with the car at all times.
It was a bleeding experience, I had to go through the sight of these fellows man handling all cars.
Even after specifying the exact problem the source of the sound these guys never got it.
Finally i pulled the damn screwdriver removed the black plastic unit under the glove box covering the foot light and noticed there was uneven packing, so asked the assistant to pack with little foam around the area for the light opening, fixed it back and it was a done deal.
The front seat was completely dirtied by the sweaty greased arms of that fellow

The next sound was from under chassis but they where again not ready to listen, how could they spare by back seat, 4 guys got into the car and said we are going for a test drive. I swallowed with the heavy heart, sadly they did not figure out the sound, finally to my request the car was lifted up to find that the silencer mount was hitting on to the metal plate covering the tank, had to bend it back and that sound was arrested.

To think of this happening just by driving through water logging on the side of the road at high speed is a little disappointing.

Anyways finally took the car for a wash, cleaned the interiors myself with 3M spray and all old sounds have been sorted out.

I wish i never have to go to the service center ever, they should be taught how to handle the interiors of a car.

Latest disappointment with the car after living through happy and satisfied 13000km is now i wish it had more power on the tap. The engine has its own mind. Hope they come with the 1.6L soon.

Last edited by Visaster : 29th July 2015 at 11:19.
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 18:48   #949
Distinguished - BHPian

Do Bangalore residents see Taxi Ciazes a lot?

I was driving on the NH45, (Trichy region, TN) and saw a yellow board ciaz. There was no marking of the cab company or hotel. I have seen zoomcar ciaz before, but it had the markings.

And this one was driven by a very decent looking gentleman in his 50s wearing a tee and sunglasses. He definitely did not look like a cabbie. He missed an exit on the highway and decided to brake hard from 95kmph to a halt. We were in the drive lane (I was driving 15 ft behind him) and a lorry was on the over-take lane as always I would have crash tested the ciaz if not for the good old Safari dicor manage its 2.7 tonnes of muscle with those puny front discs.

He definitely is not a cab driver!! And it did feel bad to see an yellow plate on the car, but then Altis/3 series are a majority yellow plates in hotels of Chennai.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:59   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do Bangalore residents see Taxi Ciazes a lot?
Honestly Prasanna, me and one of my colleague have been perplexed too with this. He bought his Ciaz VDI+ in April and since then we have been spotting many Ciaz's with Yellow Registration plates !!

He thought that he was really seeing Ciaz's all around from his new car ecstasy but soon realized that comparatively there were less of Verna's & City's that were running the yellow board.

I can only assume that with one of the best rear seating comfort in the segment, Ciaz will be one of the favorite cars for Chauffeur driven services.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 30th July 2015 at 11:03.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 12:25   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Proves the potential of the product that is clearly vfm and comfortable. My friend used to curse cabbies when he sees fiestas being used. Then Etios, Altis, and the likes. Clearly most of these cars are spacious, fuss-free, and caters to the informed customers who hate being hauled in sumos & indicas.

One-way to stop resembling a taxi is to avoid choosing white/silver shades. Darker colours are seldom /rarely used by cab operators.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 30th July 2015 at 12:31. Reason: typo
Old 31st July 2015, 22:04   #952
Distinguished - BHPian

Yippie! Got my baby delivered!

I am writing down the initial impressions. I just had a 100km trip to the famous Poondi Madha basilica for blessing of the new ride.

Positives:
1. Big car feel. Feels like I am driving a car one segment above
2. MID. Wow! White looks classy. I hate the red from Polo
3. FE- Hehehe.. Showed upto 30kmpl, and consistently 27kmpl+ on the highway at 80kmph in 5th gear. I am used to 8kmpl of my Safari..
4. Driver's armrest! Awesome, i found it better than the Safari's armrest
5. Projector headlamps- good range, very powerful
6. Footwell lamps- this is my favorite- feels classy in that lazy red shade
7. Ride- a big plus, that too on low speeds on bad roads
8. Steering cover- though an accessory, the leather cover was great to hold
9. Rear cam- for a person used to reversing a 4.7m SUV without even sensors, the rear cam makes me feel overwhelmed, God, why cant people use judgement. :P
10. Autodimming IRVM- a boon!!
11. Start-stop button - i feel like a 10 yr old kid playing with that thing
12. Storage spaces- specially the one under the infotainment- classy!

Dislikes-
1. Fuel opening stalk- too cheap for a 12 lakh car
2. Low end torque- feels like my chevy beat below 1800rpm, but that is not something hard to live with
3. Length- this car IS long! being seated low, i associate it with beat, but then the length shows while turning in tight spaces
4. Low stance- not a complaint actually. Just felt awkward to find Ecosports looking like real size SUV from the ciaz cabin. Everything else looks super tall. This is my first sedan, hence the feel. Not really a dislike, i will get used to it..
5. Gear shift- Not as good as the swift, but not bad too.

Overall, mighty impressed with the car. Handling was not bad at all!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20150731_17_46_58_pro.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20150731_17_41_57_pro.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20150731_20_42_41_pro.jpg  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 31st July 2015 at 22:09. Reason: added photos
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 01:06   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Yippie! Got my baby delivered!

I am writing down the initial impressions. I just had a 100km trip to the famous Poondi Madha basilica for blessing of the new ride.
Congrats Prasanna. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 14:17   #954
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Sapeco!

Yesterday's diesel price cut and my MID coupled together brings me
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20150801_09_20_43_pro.jpg  

PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 17:46   #955
Senior - BHPian

Ciaz sales numbers are steadily dropping. After selling 37XX cars in June they are down to 2XXX in July. Is it a a case of MSIL adjusting production for the S Cross launch or is the initial enthusiasm about the Ciaz wearing off?
Old 1st August 2015, 18:04   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Ciaz sales numbers are steadily dropping. After selling 37XX cars in June they are down to 2XXX in July. Is it a a case of MSIL adjusting production for the S Cross launch or is the initial enthusiasm about the Ciaz wearing off?
I don't think it's because of the S cross as adjustment in production would mean an issue in availability but cars are readily available and even if the colour/varinat of choice is not available immediately it can be ordered within 15 days or earlier. In fact i have been getting calls almost every other day since i test drove the CIAZ for interest in purchasing the car. However, they are still adamant on offering 0 discounts.

If the ciaz is losing momentum we would soon see some discounts headed our way. Can't understand how the city is managing to consistently sell 7-9k units every month.

BTW, from where did get the july sales figures as i couldn't find the july car sales analysis on TBHP.
Old 1st August 2015, 18:57   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

BTW, from where did get the july sales figures as i couldn't find the july car sales analysis on TBHP.
Exactly my doubt, we are at least 10 days away from tbhp sales report of July. Where did he read the sales figures?
Old 1st August 2015, 19:06   #958

This may be an interesting point to note so posting it here! Mods may start a new thread if they so please but here's the thing, almost all new cars today from across segments are being offered with keyless entry and start as a convenient feature and people have taken a liking to it for obvious reasons. However, most car manuals are silent including the service and maintenance schedules of manufacturers as concerns the replacement of the batteries in the key fob after say three or more years of use.

Two of my vehicles have this feature and on the third service today, I asked the service manager to check and let me know of the replacement timing of the cells in the key fob and he was clueless! I mean you wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere just because no one told you to change the battery no would you? Just a thought ! Although I must admit the battery on my Hyundai Cobra system in the Accent and in the Nippon of the swift (both were used and loved for 8 years or so before being sold) did last all this while! But I would assume the modern day sensor key fobs would need more power to run or maybe not!
Old 2nd August 2015, 00:37   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipal0006 View Post
This may be an interesting point to note so posting it here! Mods may start a new thread if they so please but here's the thing, almost all new cars today from across segments are being offered with keyless entry and start as a convenient feature and people have taken a liking to it for obvious reasons. However, most car manuals are silent including the service and maintenance schedules of manufacturers as concerns the replacement of the batteries in the key fob after say three or more years of use.

Two of my vehicles have this feature and on the third service today, I asked the service manager to check and let me know of the replacement timing of the cells in the key fob and he was clueless! I mean you wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere just because no one told you to change the battery no would you? Just a thought ! Although I must admit the battery on my Hyundai Cobra system in the Accent and in the Nippon of the swift (both were used and loved for 8 years or so before being sold) did last all this while! But I would assume the modern day sensor key fobs would need more power to run or maybe not!

I am not sure about other keyless systems but the suzuki keyless systems let you know when the battery in the fob is low. An alarm and an indicator on the dash would show up stating that the battery in the fob is low. The kizashi had this system but there was no service interval mentioned anywhere for changing the batteries and even if the battery fails you still have the key with you.

The batteries would eventually wear off and won't die all of a sudden leaving you stranded.
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:48   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyways we get two key fobs. Shouldn't be a problem right? Each must last for 4 years at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks