Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 23:27   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Thanks Aditya for the in depth Review and Analysis.

Certainly, It doesn't excite much about the Car, except that it comes from the Stable of Maruti Suzuki. The Car is Politically correct - Please All.

Soft Suspension & High ground clearance are a Bad combination. And, I didn't understand the strategy on the Bumpers, when there was No limitation on the Overall Length of the Car. It seems, Bumper is no more a bumper here.
Old 7th October 2014, 23:42   #167
Senior - BHPian

Certainly a long awaited review and a very good one too. First initial impression is that the car does look bulky and underpowered. But when you go through the pictures and review a second time, I feel; it actually is a good practical sedan. No doubt, it lacks the excitement of other cars, but for some reason feels good.

Overall I will say; it will sell initially but later on sales will taper down like the SX4.
Old 8th October 2014, 00:01   #168
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review, appreciate the hard work involved.

I believe this time Maruti has got a winner after SX4's debacle. This car has everything most Indians want - reliable big car, spacious quality interiors, great mileage, big boot and fuss free A.S.S.

The fact that its big, both inside and out will help bring more customers, as exterior size is equated with status here.

I do not see any major shortcomings in Ciaz. Front and side looks are quite appealing, although the near identical rear to the City is a letdown (looks good though).

Slightly disappointed with the engine options but reading the review it looks like diesel is adequate for normal driving. Enthusiasts wouldn't have looked at Maruti as an option anyway, even if they had offered a 1.6L engine. Car is obviously aimed at mass market. Looking forward to Petrol version review.
Old 8th October 2014, 00:55   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Some how I am extremely disappointed. I was so excited after reading the positive news on the diesel drive in multiple mags; plus some news on 11s (0-100). This is another "maruti" from the stable. Purely practical and no soul.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 06:50   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Yes, its correct. I compared both the City's and the Civic's boot with the Ciaz. And actually the design is more comparable to the Civic's boot. In fact it looks like the City's tail lights slapped onto the Civic's boot.
I think both comparisons are correct, since after all, with the civic no longer being offered in India, the city was designed to step up and fill the gap!
Old 8th October 2014, 07:12   #171
Senior - BHPian

The Kerala Maruti dealers had a simultaneous unveiling of the Ciaz in their show rooms across the state at 1700 Hrs yesterday. Those who had inquired about Ciaz earlier, were all invited to attend the function.
Old 8th October 2014, 08:25   #172
BANNED

Maruti aims to sell 70 K units of Ciaz

Quote:
The initial plan was to sell about 60,000 to 70,000 units in the country. About 10,000 customers have already made their bookings of which 60 per cent are for diesel cars and 40 per cent for petrol vehicles", Ram Suresh Akella, Commercial Business Head (Southern Region).

Built on a brand new platform, Ciaz is the longest and one of the widest sedan in the class. The company along with its vendors have invested Rs 620 crore towards development of this model.
SOURCE: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/44606994.cms

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The Kerala Maruti dealers had a simultaneous unveiling of the Ciaz in their show rooms across the state at 1700 Hrs yesterday. Those who had inquired about Ciaz earlier, were all invited to attend the function.
Some news for Kerala Market by Maruti.

Quote:
About nine per cent of the sales would be from Kerala, where the vehicle was launched today.

Kerala was the top among its 18 regions, selling one lakh units a year. Market share of Maruti was the highest in Kerala, he said, adding April-August this year, the market share was 53 per cent, a gain of 2.2 per cent over last year.
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th October 2014 at 08:27.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 08:30   #173
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

SOURCE: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/44606994.cms

Some news for Kerala Market by Maruti.

Anurag.
This must be a really wild question-

but if an inefficient government machinery could develop a Mars orbiter for 450 crore, why would the super efficient Japanese need 620 crores to develop a mid segment sedan like the Ciaz?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 09:21   #174
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Most manufacturers are following this trend these days, unfortunately. Same engine powers the Amaze & the City, the Verna & the Elantra, Grand i10 & Elite i20, etc.
That's what gives Maruti it's cost advantage. I'm sure the diesel engine can be priced on-par with the petrol, but if they did that, no one would buy the Petrol.

Even a few interior bits are shared from Dzrie.

Renault is the worst of the lot in doing that.
Reight from the Pulse(Micra) and Logan to the Fluence, the K9K powers everything.
You can't beat the fact that it powers some Merc A-class/CLA class cars too. (Not in India though.)
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 09:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Some how I am extremely disappointed. I was so excited after reading the positive news on the diesel drive in multiple mags; plus some news on 11s (0-100). This is another "maruti" from the stable. Purely practical and no soul.
I'm not sure what was the expectation from MSIL given that all their attempts to sell cars with "soul" have met with limited success. But have you taken a test drive yet? You may still be surprised. I did last night and my Ecosport 1.5TDCi engine feels gruff, unrefined and i don't like it any more. And the cabin of the ecosport feels like a warzone comapred to the zen like quietness of the Ciaz.

I don't know what you drive but comparing it to the segment competition, this one does no wrong. Maybe it doesn't stand out but it definitely does most the things right for me. So do others cause some give you soul, some space, some features but this segment refuses to give you all in one package.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 8th October 2014 at 09:48.
Old 8th October 2014, 09:55   #176
BHPian

Aditya,

Good photographs! with due respects and apologies I am disappointed. You choose not to even mention the Tata Club Class Manza in the comparison. The Ciaz has the same engine in the diesel with the same ratios as the Manza and the club class Manza has the all features of a Touch Screen SatNav system plus odles of space.Disappointed purely as an Indian I truly value Indian! If Tata is to put the interiors of the Zest in the Manza it would be even more attractive! But then everyone has a point of view and an opinion and you have yours, so be it! Cheers! Have a great day!
Old 8th October 2014, 10:42   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I for one feel that 70K is a tough one to achieve. It translates to ~6000 units a month. Compared to Maruti Suzuki's top selling cars which crosses 20k mark, 6000 may seem small but for the C2 segment sedans, its a really tall target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
but if an inefficient government machinery could develop a Mars orbiter for 450 crore, why would the super efficient Japanese need 620 crores to develop a mid segment sedan like the Ciaz?

The Japanese will argue that 620 crores is not for one Ciaz
Old 8th October 2014, 10:46   #178
BHPian

I am disappointed with the way things are shaping up. First, the car was launched in the fourth quarter this year already kicking in the full year depreciation (for all practical purposes). Then, the launch too was a limited one restricted to few variants of the diesel version. The petrol version is yet to seen and tested, while the AT version (the SA vouches for it) delivery is touted to commence only after seven weeks (SA vouches for it).

I think for no fault (of anybody including MSIL), customers will be waiting for a car for full 3.5 months (from the moment bookings began) to lay their hands on the car (for few variants).

Folks waiting for a petrol AT could have considered other options available which had similar waiting periods such as City CVT or even better, the Vento TSI.

Now the only question that remains to be seen is if the AT is worth the wait (to each his own). A comprehensive review will certainly help in decisioning soon.
Old 8th October 2014, 11:20   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I for one feel that 70K is a tough one to achieve. It translates to ~6000 units a month. Compared to Maruti Suzuki's top selling cars which crosses 20k mark, 6000 may seem small but for the C2 segment sedans, its a really tall target.
I agree - 6000 units per month seems a tall one. But wait.. Take another look at Dzire sales numbers!

The car's only "fault" seems to be the choice of engines. But this factor impacts say 20% of the buyers. The other 80% are well served with loads of VFM -
terrific fuel efficiency, excellent space and the Maruti badge!
Dont forget the fleet operators - they seem to have a winner here too.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-e...?homepage=true
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks