Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 12:05   #256
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

The "high" one gets of owning a new car which has just hit the road is what makes a lot of people pre-book without a test drive. Since it is a Maruti, people have faith in the brand and the confidence that the car will be definitely "okay", if it not outstanding. The same will not happen if the brand is not inspiring. But I suppose in this age of internet, everybody would get some basic information regarding the car much before pre-booking starts and it is not blindly that they put down their money. Just my thoughts.
Old 10th October 2014, 12:05   #257
Senior - BHPian

People who spend 10Lacs on a car dont know the difference between 26Kmpl (ARAI) and 15Kmpl in actual conditions!

Big let down things...

1) Very defensive styling
2) Engine - what were they thinking!! 1.5 was at least the norm of the day.
3) Try to close a Vento door and see why people love german cars! Sheer weight/thickness of metal

They should have provided a AMT at the cost of manual to begin with and it would have been a game changer and an all new segment!

Is sunroof even optional?

This car is going the SX4 way if not Kizhashi, say 2-3 years from now.

Last edited by svsantosh : 10th October 2014 at 12:07.
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:23   #258
BANNED

1) I don't have an issue with the smaller cubic capacities of the engine used in the Ciaz, though I do wish they had provided a turbo-charger/economiser option, even at extra cost.

2) I don't have an issue with waiting for delivery, as there are spare cars at home, which are in good working condition - one of which is on 65% NCB to be transferred to the new car.

3) I do have an issue with being kept in the dark as a customer, I do have an issue on being taken for granted for being loyal to Maruti, and most of all I do have an issue with the way the dealers are simply not being pro-active with those who booked early.

Went and had a look at the Ford Ecosport 1.0 petrol Titanium again, anybody got a point of view as well as idea on real waiting list plus discounts if any please?
Old 10th October 2014, 12:27   #259
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post

I'm sure many of us have read this news report which states that the Government of India is considering action against Maruti Suzuki for accepting Ciaz bookings without displaying the car or making specifications public.
Just read the news item and IMO it is stupid that the government is wasting time on filing cases for such issues. It can do better things.

I am not sure who is going to be in benefit by such law suit action against manufacturers?!

Slight OT;

While going through the news item, I came across this bit:

Quote:
The move follows a complaint filed by former*Railways Minister and MP*Dinesh Trivedi, who claimed to have received many complaints from the public about the company taking pre-launch booking.
Was he refused a TD by Maruti dealer or want he given the dates for expected delivery so in anger he filed the case?

Anurag.
Old 10th October 2014, 12:30   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for Ciaz accesssories ? Here is the link.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...Font_06_09.pdf

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th October 2014 at 12:32.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:48   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Thanks. Looks like the VDI owners get the most of ZDi exteriors. Hopefully they don't price it ridiculously like Ford.

But on second thoughts, whats the point? No clue on when the deliveries will actually start!
Old 10th October 2014, 12:53   #262
BANNED

Just received a telephone call from the dealer I had booked the VXi+ with saying "please come to showroom to do all payment and bank formalities". I said, hang on, slow down, when are you giving deliveries, what colour choices? The answer I got is, white only, and delivery by end October. So I said, fine, when we are closer to deliveries and when you have more colour choices, please let me know.

What sort of games are Maruti-Suzuki playing in a buyer's market?
malq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 14:09   #263
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Just received a telephone call from the dealer I had booked the VXi+ with saying "please come to showroom to do all payment and bank formalities"
Rant :
what arrogance ? they make it sound as if they are doing a big favour - the "lucky" customer who was waiting with bated breath to get the call from them, will just leave whatever he is doing and immediately land up in the showroom. I think even 2-wheeler showrooms whose sales numbers are an order of magnitude higher, don't behave similarly.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 15:46   #264
BHPian

What a paradox guys....!

When sx4 was there...there were hue and cry that it's interiors are not good and has less features, it's kerb weight is more, etc...

Then when maruti came up with Ciaz with good interiors, feature rich, with less kerb weight....complaints are on the engine and other things...

Aren't we too greedy or we all should have been in US, aspiring for a Ferrari test drive
Keralite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 16:15   #265
BHPian

Saw 5 Ciazs driving on one side of the ridge road near Dhaula Kuan today. They were all driving spaced apart a bit - all had HR 26 plates. Maruti trying to put on a show or making the car's presence felt. Reminded me of Audi Q3 formation drives on Gurgaon Faridabad road when the Q3 was launched.

Looks ok at best. The back is pretty awkward in my opinion. Side look is bland whereas the front is near good looking. On the basis of looks alone I dont think the Citys or Vernas of this world should loose sleep. Mind went to the Ciaz's commercial where a motorcade gives way for the Ciaz. Based on what I saw today - I dont think so!
Old 10th October 2014, 17:00   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Interesting, they are selling HUD (Head Up Display) also as an accessory. I am sure it will create "wow" factor. MSIL should market these niche accessories to get edge over others.

Many of us are comparing this to THUD of VW door or Power of 1.6L Verna etc etc to ciaz (which is fair).But we must remember that "the-enthusiast" are a very very small percentage of market.

There are lot of people in India who look for "car bigger than my neighbors car", "gives good mileage", "easy to service", "has lot of space". Ciaz simply ticks almost all for "Point A to Point B commuters" (especially Chauffer driven )

Even being enthusiast after looking at service bills and horror stories of other car brands, next time when I am in market I am sure i will buy a Maruti or similar unless I have personal ATM installed at home
Old 10th October 2014, 17:17   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Looks ok at best. The back is pretty awkward in my opinion. Side look is bland whereas the front is near good looking.!
You gave words to my thoughts sir. In terms of looks only, City, Verna, Fiesta, Vento, Linea.. All are better than this. The rear just doesn't go with the front at all.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:45   #268
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Ciaz today at my office premises. Maruthi Guys had organized a Demo in the office premises and I must say it looks precise & neat in person. Also the interiors space seemed to be good & comfortable for 5 passengers.

I think it will be a winner with at-least some loyal customers from Maruthi and do good numbers.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:57   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see that the Accessories list has some emphasis to ICE, utilities rather than just stickers and small add ons.

One question regarding localisation: When the company states X% of localisation of parts, do they refer to the number of parts or the BOM costs? Here, IIRC 98% localisation is claimed. Does that mean 98/100 parts are locally manufactured, or 'suppose' the manufacturing cost of car is 10L, 9.8L worth of parts are produced locally?
Old 10th October 2014, 18:00   #270
BHPian

Had a look at the Ciaz last day while in Mumbai. Now the Maruti website displays prices for my city too. I couldn’t help comparing this to the Honda City.

The Diesel Ciaz ZX-O sells is almost the same price as City in V spec, Rs. 10,26,769 versus 10,27,500 (City V). The City VX is 96,731 more for leather, auto a/c and sunroof.

These prices, I think are the best Maruti could do. Afterall, this is a new vehicle, with the associated development costs.

The real issue is not in the price. But the car. The seat comfort, at least while sitting in the display car in the showroom, was not good. Like the case of the Nissan Sunny, having a big car with plenty of legroom at the rear is not simply enough. The inadequate seats make travelling really an unpleasant affair.

And from the spec- sheet (and the drive reports), the engines do not seem to be exceptional either. Fuel economy is really important, but I feel owners would trade a marginal drop in fuel efficiency or some refinement for the better overall package that the City delivers.

The good resale value that the City commands is also a crucial point. With the petrol engine, I think there is not even a question about choosing the City.

Overall except for the styling, I think this is the same situation as with the Nissan Sunny. Of course, the Ciaz is a great looker when compared to the ugly Sunny, but the compromises that you take in the engine and seating departments are not worth the marginally lower prices than the Honda.

If I am asked to chose between a Dzire and an Amaze, I shall go for the Dzire. Similarly, I would chose the Swift over the Brio any day. But here, unless I live a 100km away from a Honda service centre, I shall chose the City. No contest.

Last edited by Yeldo : 10th October 2014 at 18:10.
Yeldo is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks