Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 11:31   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
I haven't thought of the segment jump aspect; It is a bit of a stretch. But the price difference isn't that significant. Around 11.75 was quoted for CIAZ zdi in Cochin and I am getting XUV for close to 13 lakhs. Also, as they say, you live only once.
I believe you would get the Tata Aria 4x2 with all the features for almost the same or may be lesser. Is there any reason you haven't considered it? On paper and through TeamBhp review, I got to understand that Aria is anyday better than the XUV, be it acceleration, handling, ride quality or interior space.
Old 1st November 2014, 12:34   #407
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I saw the white Ciaz vxi+ yesterday on NH 17, somewhere near Vadakara on the way to Kannur. It had a red number plate and was registered with Popular motors. The driver was really ripping it.

The car looks impressive and the braking is good. I was observing the way he was driving and the way the car behaved. I had had heard that the petrol Ciaz will be sluggish car, but no, definitely not.
Old 1st November 2014, 12:38   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bookings for the Ciaz sedan have touched 17,000 , up from 10,000 around the time of its launch in early October. The company has delivered 6000 cars to dealerships so far.
To be precise Ciaz delivered to dealers stand at 6,345 for the month of October.
Looks like Maruti has struck the right chord in the C segment and will be interesting to see the sales figures in the coming months.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...s_1217069.html
Old 1st November 2014, 13:19   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I believe you would get the Tata Aria 4x2 with all the features for almost the same or may be lesser. Is there any reason you haven't considered it? On paper and through TeamBhp review, I got to understand that Aria is anyday better than the XUV, be it acceleration, handling, ride quality or interior space.
The primary reasons were looks, service and resale value, I guess. Saw the discount ad for Aria and did not feel any connection with the vehicle. Also, may be I had a soft corner for XUV before all this.

As I said earlier, I was not really looking for an SUV/MUV. (I was scared about the huge size/handling - I drive a zen now, and also we are a family of three, even after my marriage we will be just four. So, haven't done much research on the S/MUVs. I consider myself to be a perfect/typical Maruti loyalist. Price/mileage conscious, tier-3/4 city/rural area where maruti ASS scores high, a happy maruti customer looking for an upgrade and CIAZ matched my requirements perfectly.

But when in this thread someone posted that he went for XUV instead of CIAZ, I started thinking about that. Just did a test drive and started negotiations, still wasn't serious. But then they offered me some pretty good discounts, the price conscious me inside started reacting . Also the test drives proved all my concerns unnecessary and I really liked the car. Then the CIAZ team wouldn't even give me the test drive and I needed the car sooner. So, snapped.

Even now, I don't think I will buy Innova, Aria, Xylo, Scorpio etc. When I think about it, the only common negative is the plain, boring looks. May be that is also one of the reasons why I chose to move away from CIAZ. Somewhere along the line I lost connection with the car.
Old 1st November 2014, 15:05   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
I saw the white Ciaz vxi+ yesterday on NH 17, somewhere near Vadakara on the way to Kannur. It had a red number plate and was registered with Popular motors. The driver was really ripping it.
Possibly a case of the car bring transported to the dealership for delivery? This is so sad. We as customers take so much pain in the name of proper running in of the engine. On the other hand these morons just treat these new cars as joy rides!
Old 1st November 2014, 16:10   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Possibly a case of the car bring transported to the dealership for delivery? This is so sad. We as customers take so much pain in the name of proper running in of the engine. On the other hand these morons just treat these new cars as joy rides!
It is sad. Won't we the customer get to know this by the amount of kms on odo at the time of delivery?
Or they can tamper with the odo and reset it before delivery?
Old 1st November 2014, 16:19   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
It is sad. Won't we the customer get to know this by the amount of kms on odo at the time of delivery?
Or they can tamper with the odo and reset it before delivery?
Why do they need to reset it? We all assume that the car will have some small number of kms under its belt already in the name of transporting the car from dealers yard and then s trip to the RTO etc. So the customer would not think twice till the odometer reading is less than 100 kms. Thing is that these drivers are so irresponsible and mostly un aware of the damage caused to the new car when they redline it. For them it's the perfect joy ride: A brand new car to drive as you like.

Anyways let's not go off topic here.
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:23   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
I had booked CIAZ on first day the booking started. I was thinking about zxi+ or zdi+. I am another one of those poor souls who decided to cancel my booking.
Unlike others, I really like the car and consider it to be a steal at that price point. I am okay with the exterior, loved the interior/console, again okay with the engine, loved the firm seats as that means more support and less tiredness on long distance travels, loved the awesome space/legroom, quality is very good, loved the touchscreen/GPS, and the features get full marks.
So why am I cancelling? The top end models were not available, even the zx(o)/zd(o) were not available, delivery date was keep on changing, since I already booked the response from the sales team was not to my satisfaction (no calls, no response). But I still waited patiently, finally the TD car came and I went to the showroom, but they wouldn’t give me the car for test drive as registration was not done!!!
After two weeks, last weekend, again called the SA, and asked to bring them to test drive to my home and to show my parents. He is telling the registration is not yet done!!!! What I am guessing is either they haven’t started giving test drives in homes or are very busy with the showroom response and want to have it ready for them.
But anyways, if this is their attitude now, then I don’t think it will improve after my purchase. Also enquired another showroom, even they said three month waiting list. So, dropped the plan and took clue from another guy who booked XUV, and went for a test drive. Really liked the majestic presence, handled better than my expectation, highway/long distance travel will be great etc. Also got some pretty good discounts, booked it getting delivery next week.

I'm one of those fortunate souls who booked ciaz on september 3rd 10:00 am from popular vehicles sulthan bathery which is a branch of their calicut office.These guys were prompt in providing me a testdrive for the zdi version and viola, got bitten! On Nov 1st I have taken delivery of the Ciaz zdi and am very happy with my decision. Swapped the stock mrf 185/65/R15 for continental mc5 195/60/R15. Now the car feels even more stable and the abs kicks in much better at a later stage and very little bodyroll yippee!!
Passiondrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:11   #414
BHPian

Quote:
I'm one of those fortunate souls who booked ciaz on september 3rd 10:00 am from popular vehicles sulthan bathery which is a branch of their calicut office
The fact is that each and every outlet has a limited amount of booking. At Bathery the popular outlet is fairly new. The next dealer sales and service center is at Kakkavayal. I don't think popular / Indus has a service center in Bathery as yet. There used to be an authorised service center opposite the Mananthvady road. So you just got lucky. Please write a review about the car.
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:11   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
I'm one of those fortunate souls who booked ciaz on september 3rd 10:00 am from popular vehicles sulthan bathery which is a branch of their calicut office.These guys were prompt in providing me a testdrive for the zdi version and viola, got bitten! On Nov 1st I have taken delivery of the Ciaz zdi and am very happy with my decision. Swapped the stock mrf 185/65/R15 for continental mc5 195/60/R15. Now the car feels even more stable and the abs kicks in much better at a later stage and very little bodyroll yippee!!
When did you get your test drive? I called popular first, but they did not even call me back. So went with Sai service. Their first delivery also happened this weekend, and I was offered the first car from the showroom, but without a test drive and my parents seeing it, no. I still like the car. If everything went smoothly, I would be preparing my (and teambhp's) first CIAZ ownership report now. But no, not this time; sad state. Here I am waiting for the beast -XUV.

Please don't forget the ownership report.
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:25   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post

Please post a detailed ownership review. I have not yet seen an ownership review. And yes with a lot of pictures
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:07   #417
KRN
BHPian

A couple of weeks back I had seen the Ciaz in the Maruti showroom right after a Test drive of the Honda City.

My impressions were similar to what other members have posted here (good space, loads of features, decent fit and finish, bland looks). The real deal breaker for me was the lack of comfort/thigh support in the seats - both front and back. The difference was even more obvious since I had just TD the Honda City 10 minutes back which had excellent seats.

Fast forward to yesterday, I got a chance to TD the Diesel Ciaz (followed by a TD of the XUV500). While my overall observations on the interiors & exteriors haven't changed, I slowly started seeing the positives in the car during the drive.

1. The refinement of the diesel engine is excellent and not many would even guess it is a diesel under the hood. I expect this to get better as the relatively new TD car engine settles down

2. There is turbo lag and the car doesn't feel brisk at times, but I didn't have a problem keeping up with traffic and performance was adequate. The 2nd gear is excellent and you don't have to shift to first at all unless you are starting off from an absolute stand still.

3. The suspension did a phenomenal job in soaking all the potholes that Chennai's rains have thrown up. In fact, I was surprised that the suspension of the Ciaz (in terms of comfort) was much better than the higher riding XUV. Kudos to Maruti engineers for this!

I am sure that enthusiasts will not like this setup - For the record, I drive the first gen Swift which has a very hard suspension setup and I love the way it corners, but I guess as I get older I am starting to prefer the quietness and comfort of a softer suspension

4. I am sure that the engine will be phenomenally frugal

I had earlier pretty much settled on the Petrol City and ruled out the Ciaz for the poor petrol engine and seat comfort - but after the TD and with just 60k difference between the City V Petrol and Ciaz VDI, I am starting to think if I should go buy the diesel Ciaz and get long term savings on fuel! I have to live with poor seats and poor resale on the Ciaz (presumably).

Totally confused after looking at the Honda City, Ciaz and Vento TSi (pretty much ruled out the XUV). Any other members in the same dilemma as me?
Old 2nd November 2014, 21:19   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
A couple of weeks back I had seen the Ciaz in the Maruti showroom right after a Test drive of the Honda City.

My impressions were similar to what other members have posted here (good space, loads of features, decent fit and finish, bland looks). The real deal breaker for me was the lack of comfort/thigh support in the seats - both front and back. The difference was even more obvious since I had just TD the Honda City 10 minutes back which had excellent seats.

Fast forward to yesterday, I got a chance to TD the Diesel Ciaz (followed by a TD of the XUV500). While my overall observations on the interiors & exteriors haven't changed, I slowly started seeing the positives in the car during the drive.

1. The refinement of the diesel engine is excellent and not many would even guess it is a diesel under the hood. I expect this to get better as the relatively new TD car engine settles down

2. There is turbo lag and the car doesn't feel brisk at times, but I didn't have a problem keeping up with traffic and performance was adequate. The 2nd gear is excellent and you don't have to shift to first at all unless you are starting off from an absolute stand still.

3. The suspension did a phenomenal job in soaking all the potholes that Chennai's rains have thrown up. In fact, I was surprised that the suspension of the Ciaz (in terms of comfort) was much better than the higher riding XUV. Kudos to Maruti engineers for this!

I am sure that enthusiasts will not like this setup - For the record, I drive the first gen Swift which has a very hard suspension setup and I love the way it corners, but I guess as I get older I am starting to prefer the quietness and comfort of a softer suspension

4. I am sure that the engine will be phenomenally frugal

I had earlier pretty much settled on the Petrol City and ruled out the Ciaz for the poor petrol engine and seat comfort - but after the TD and with just 60k difference between the City V Petrol and Ciaz VDI, I am starting to think if I should go buy the diesel Ciaz and get long term savings on fuel! I have to live with poor seats and poor resale on the Ciaz (presumably).

Totally confused after looking at the Honda City, Ciaz and Vento TSi (pretty much ruled out the XUV). Any other members in the same dilemma as me?
Are you not considering the Fiesta?
Old 3rd November 2014, 00:39   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Hahahaha, eerie similarity! The VW folks didn't show up for a testdrive, so haven't had the pleasure of testdriving the Tsi yet. And, since I had taken leave, testdrove the XUV to kill time.

Later in the day, went to check out the Ciaz, and since the petrol car wasn't available, the sales rep offered a TD of ertiga saying it has the same engine. The engineer in me frowned, thinking "huh, different weight, different gearing, different car", but, thought what's the harm. Testdrove with full load and I was blown away by the driveability of Ertiga. With 200 Kg lesser weight, if MSIL, do even a half good job of tuning the engine for Ciaz, I wouldn't want to write it off based on paper performance.

My 2 cents: testdrive a petrol Ciaz before making a decision. Or, you could book the diesel, and change to petrol if you like it later.

Good Luck!
Old 3rd November 2014, 02:32   #420
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

On 24th October I had taken the TD. Here is my observation wrt Vento 1.6 TDI.

1. Below 2500RPM sound insulation is better in Ciaz compare to Vento. However cross 3000RPM, one can feel the limitation of DDIS engine, this is where Vento scores. With new ECU SW update Vento's NVH can be improved, but not sure at what is the effect on drivability.

2. In City drivability is certainly for better in Vento, with turbo kicking around 1700+RPM. Where as Ciaz, although not bad, certainly not a match to Vento

3. The Space inside and seats in Ciaz in considerably better wrt Vento. Bacside easily three Adults can sit, but in Vento it is tough fit.

4. Quality of Interiors I prefer Vento any day, this will vary person to person and it is my personal liking. Feels like Ciaz will age earlier than Vento. Having said this Audio quality is better in Ciaz, where as OEM ICE is in Vento is just next to Junk.

5. Road handling, vento is relatively Better. Maruti should have retained the Swift like handling in Ciaz.

Overall for normal usage Ciaz can be better choice, considering the price point and MASS reputation, however for an enthusiast Vento is better car.

Last edited by manjubp : 3rd November 2014 at 02:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks