Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 16:31   #331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Something I tried with the Ciaz image, pardon my very basic picture editing skill. It could become a looker.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-picture2.jpg  

Old 16th October 2014, 17:08   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Something I tried with the Ciaz image, pardon my very basic picture editing skill. It could become a looker.
Just that it lacks the engine chutzpah to go with the proposed 'Black Edition' looks! Ciaz can never be associated with the word 'SPORTY'. The word(s) synomymous with Ciaz could be 'FAMILY-PACK'
Old 16th October 2014, 19:04   #333
BANNED

Cancelled the Ciaz VXi+ today, now let's see how many days for the refund, and how much they deduct. Am going to follow this one through to the bitter end. And back to the drawing board - which car then?
Old 16th October 2014, 20:29   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Cancelled the Ciaz VXi+ today, now let's see how many days for the refund, and how much they deduct. Am going to follow this one through to the bitter end. And back to the drawing board - which car then?
If it aint too personal, may I know why you cancelled your booking?
Old 16th October 2014, 21:00   #335
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
If it aint too personal, may I know why you cancelled your booking?
It's all over on this thread. Short story (part of it) - bad booking experience.
i10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 04:16   #336
BHPian

Just came across this article on the current waiting periods for Ciaz.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-8b7c1bcfcc27b40.jpg

Source : Cardekho

Related link : http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ties-14287.htm

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 17th October 2014 at 04:22.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 08:40   #337
BHPian

I received an sms from Maruti today. It reads 'congratulations on booking your ciaz. You are eligible to receive a customer docket with written commitments.' Felt the language is a bit patronising in nature as if they did a big favour in allowing me to book a ciaz. I could be overreacting a bit, but felt a tinge of cringe when I read the text.

Any idea what they meant with 'written commitments'?

Last edited by bhaskaracs : 17th October 2014 at 08:41. Reason: Small grammatical error
Old 17th October 2014, 12:44   #338
Senior - BHPian

I guess Maruti has received more response than they expected. So it will take them 3-6 months to streamline the deliveries. Once it stabilize, i guess Maruti will keep doing more than 5 K + every month seeing current response. If that is the case then its a tough fight between City & Ciaz for number 1. Verna will surely be on number 3 now. Interesting battle
Old 17th October 2014, 13:17   #339
BHPian

The waiting for the AT top end model here in Mumbai at the dealer Sai Service, is about 3 to 4 months, MARUTI have really hit a home run with the CIAZ, i recollect a friend waited 3 months Ertiga and had to cancel his booking in frustration and got himself a Terrano instead, as his car wasnt available and he was still in queue for the Ertiga then.

The point is, a lot of buyers may opt for the Honda or Vento -Verna etc as a 4 month wait for the car is quite long IMO.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:40   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post

The point is, a lot of buyers may opt for the Honda or Vento -Verna etc as a 4 month wait for the car is quite long IMO.
Well said!! But in India longer the waiting period equates to a successful model. It is so typical of Maruti. How difficult would it be for India's largest car maker to come up with a decent market demand estimation? Should they fall short by this huge margin every time?
Old 18th October 2014, 12:54   #341
BANNED

How can we believe the waiting list is true when there are, apparently, easy delivery of white VXi variant being offered as options? No premium apparently, by the way, and no takers from fleet buyers at this price point either - the D'Zire model for fleet buyers is a better option it seems. There is no audit on these waiting lists and with a few days for Diwali, the whole story is beginning to sound scary.

Am still waiting for my refund, or even an acknowledgement, which if bookings are so heavy, should not have been an issue.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:59   #342
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post

Well said!! But in India longer the waiting period equates to a successful model. It is so typical of Maruti. How difficult would it be for India's largest car maker to come up with a decent market demand estimation? Should they fall short by this huge margin every time?
It does say that it is a successful model but actually it is well be termed as not a 'well accepted model' by the customers.

Higher the waiting period, more it gets on the nerves of the customer and with such high scales of production at Maruti, cars should be flying off dealers and not customers flying away.

Like what Honda did when Mobilio was launched seemed sensible, slow down production of City to produce enough Mobilio's.

Why can't the same be followed by Maruti? The are enough buffer stocks with every dealer in India so losing out on sales won't be that hard an effect.

Now that they have seen the demand the Ciaz is generating, better it would be if they ramp up things further else Honda / Hyundai / VW will be enjoying the sales of their respective cars.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 13:05   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess Maruti has received more response than they expected. So it will take them 3-6 months to streamline the deliveries. Once it stabilize, i guess Maruti will keep doing more than 5 K + every month seeing current response. If that is the case then its a tough fight between City & Ciaz for number 1. Verna will surely be on number 3 now. Interesting battle

Now that Maruti has huge bookings we can expect the price to be revised several times!
Take the example of the Ecosport-
When it first launched it was sold at Rs 5.59 Lakhs Ex-showroom!
Today this car is being sold at Rs 6.59 Lakhs Ex-showroom!
Old 18th October 2014, 14:58   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Indian government should make air bags mandatory in all cars. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of India, anyone reading this?

I was watching satya mev jayate yesterday and guy from ARAI was saying it cost manufacturer only $50 (Rs.3000) to fit one air bag in a car. Imagine you have to shell out 1.5 Lakhs $2500 just for basic safety features. Who cares about leather seats, infotainment system!!
Tata Zest XMS D which has two air bags, is about only Rs.21,000.00 OTR over and above the XM model.
Old 18th October 2014, 21:44   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Coming back to the topic, I guess Maruti is trying to offer only what the customer wants, yes people love swift's turbo boost, but try giving them better performance at the cost of mileage and all would strike it off as a gas guzzler.
Exactly what happened to the SX4 IMHO. My SX4 gives me 9.5 to 10 in the city and 13 on the highway and I'm quite happy with that simply because I have that 1.6 engine under the hood and can tap the power anytime I want.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks