Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 14:06   #2011
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Do let me know when you get the bulbs upgraded. I'll change mine too - just note that warranty is not affected !
Have you changed your Headlamp Bulbs? Which one did you finally go for?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th March 2017 at 14:59. Reason: u > you, ur > your. Strictly no SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
Old 5th March 2017, 14:11   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
You sure it was a kid ?! And not just your neighbor trying to level out the score ?? This is absurd...not even a single panel is left untouched - almost the whole car is covered by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How do you know it's a kid? Is it a known one? If true, then he needs to be watched for such willing destruction of others' property.
I did a full fledged investigation and found out the kid. 3yr old son of a Daily wage labourer. Parents accepted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Really depressing . Looks like except roof, boot & front bumper all other panels has to be repainted :o. I'm wondering how did u manage to stay sane after seeing this.
Is the damage in any of the panels limited only to cleatcoat to avoid repainting? Since it's not a generic color, I don't know how the workshop repaint will look as compared to factory paint. Hopefully, all will be good and you'll get an almost-full car repaint at the cost of NCB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
This is not a job of a kid playing. Even if it is (if you have proof) take it up with the kid's parents. They are responsible and have to pay for it.
File a Police complaint immediately. If it has happened once it can happen again.
Filed an FIR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Just try out cotton dabbed in rectified spirit or after shave in a small area if it does the job, then you can try it out over larger areas. Looks like a 'Neighbours Envy, Owners pride' kind of a job. Did you see that little rascal do it?
Tried that on a little portion, the the white color went away but scratches still remain.

Thanks everyone.
Old 5th March 2017, 20:03   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Any advice, as to how do i take it forward. Pls advice friends.
The scratches are not deep and will go away by rubbing. A similar thing happened on many car although culprit was an instrument falling on my hood and creating a big vertical scratch at workshop. Obviously the workshop removed the scratch in half an hour by rubbing it since it was their mistake and it never returned. Unfortunately I don't have pics since it was 1 year back. The workshop might say that it will require repainting since it's their chance to earn. As I found it, it doesn't. Try talking to SA and see if he can remove them by rubbing. Offer him to pay the charge if needed. I presume it will be less than repainting.
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 22:59   #2014

Does the new Ciaz Diesel Hybrid comes with 10 years registration in Delhi NCR or 15 years. My friend bought the Creta Diesel and it came with 10 years. Is it same for Hybrid's as well.
Old 6th March 2017, 09:57   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
Does the new Ciaz Diesel Hybrid comes with 10 years registration in Delhi NCR or 15 years. My friend bought the Creta Diesel and it came with 10 years. Is it same for Hybrid's as well.
15 years for my ZDI+ SHVS - I can see 2015 to 2030 in my RC. I never thought about it - initially was in an impression that being diesel its for 10 years ! Now, even if I sell it at 10 year mark or around, the buyer would still have another 5 years, translating to a better resale for me!

Old 6th March 2017, 10:17   #2016
BHPian

When can we expect MSIL to launch the facelifted 2017 Ciaz in the Indian market?

As I have heard the updated model can be expected with better equipments and updates like LED lights, sunroof etc and I am particularly interested to know if MSIL will offer the 1.6 diesel engine offered in the S-Cross in the new Ciaz. As I heard several rumours about this being a possibility.

If MSIL can indeed bring in the Ciaz with all of the above mentioned updates and price it sensibly then I wish luck to Honda with sales of its City. As the have priced the 2017 City at a very hefty premium compared to the earlier model.

If anybody can share some info on the above I shall highly appreciate it as I am planning on lining up to buy the new Ciaz as and when it is launched.
Old 6th March 2017, 12:38   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
When can we expect MSIL to launch the facelifted 2017 Ciaz in the Indian market?

As I have heard the updated model can be expected with better equipments and updates like LED lights, sunroof etc and I am particularly interested to know if MSIL will offer the 1.6 diesel engine offered in the S-Cross in the new Ciaz. As I heard several rumours about this being a possibility.

If MSIL can indeed bring in the Ciaz with all of the above mentioned updates and price it sensibly then I wish luck to Honda with sales of its City. As the have priced the 2017 City at a very hefty premium compared to the earlier model.

If anybody can share some info on the above I shall highly appreciate it as I am planning on lining up to buy the new Ciaz as and when it is launched.

Same here, i am also waiting for the updated Ciaz model.

I am actually looking forward to the automatic option - and considering the rumours - Maruti is going to replace current 4 speed torque convertor with CVT. And it would be great if Maruti can price the CVT close to current AT levels.

As far as i understand - the update was expected sometime in April/May timeframe. However - another estimate suggests Diwali timeframe. Not sure what is the actual status.
Old 6th March 2017, 12:43   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Same here, i am also waiting for the updated Ciaz model.

I am actually looking forward to the automatic option - and considering the rumours - Maruti is going to replace current 4 speed torque convertor with CVT. And it would be great if Maruti can price the CVT close to current AT levels.

As far as i understand - the update was expected sometime in April/May timeframe. However - another estimate suggests Diwali timeframe. Not sure what is the actual status.
I feel the launch is quite near as the current model of the Ciaz is being offered with a benefit of approx 60k. Makes no sense to do that unless dealers want to desperately clear stock.
Old 6th March 2017, 23:05   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Its a good time to buy a Ciaz now. A colleague of mine is planning to buy one and he has got some very good offers from the dealers.

Apparently, they don't want to lose the Ciaz to Nexa and are fighting tooth and nail for it. And what better way to say no to MSIL than sell very aggressively through the existing channels. I think we might see some great numbers for this month. Even dealers having a Nexa showroom doesn't prefer the switch that much as Nexa still very sparse.
Old 7th March 2017, 15:20   #2020
BHPian

Ciaz is shifting to Nexa irrespective of whether MS dealers like it or not. What MS told as I said in earlier post is that deliveries for the near term will continue to be out of MS showrooms while booking/display will be at Nexa.

There is no facelift coming in April. It is still a few months away. The changes are said to be to the bumper, front grille and cosmetic additions in the top end like some have pointed out like sunroof and headlamps in the topmost version. Vdi+ will become Sigma, Zdi will be Zeta and Zdi+ will be Alpha model. A 1.5 petrol engine will also make its way while 1.5 diesel is rumoured as well for the long run.

Good time to buy Ciaz now - definitely great value for money. Better to buy the 1.3 DDiS before the 1.5 diesel of Maruti makes way as it cannot be as good as the DDiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Its a good time to buy a Ciaz now. A colleague of mine is planning to buy one and he has got some very good offers from the dealers.

Apparently, they don't want to lose the Ciaz to Nexa and are fighting tooth and nail for it. And what better way to say no to MSIL than sell very aggressively through the existing channels. I think we might see some great numbers for this month. Even dealers having a Nexa showroom doesn't prefer the switch that much as Nexa still very sparse.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:46   #2021
BHPian

I'm expecting my ZDi+ to be delivered in a weeks time.
Question to existing Ciaz owners, how good is the stock tyre?
If not stock what would be your recommendations, Michelin XM2 / Primacy 3ST / Yokohama Earth1 / Continental MC5 or something else?
I would like to stick to stock size.

Appreciate experts suggestion

Cheers!
Old 8th March 2017, 12:57   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
What MS told as I said in earlier post is that deliveries for the near term will continue to be out of MS showrooms while booking/display will be at Nexa.
There are Nexa dealers who do not own regular MS showrooms in the same city - case in point the the OMR Nexa in Chennai. That outlet is owned by Pillai & Sons, and they do not have a regular MS showroom in Chennai. So if I book a Ciaz there, where will I get it delivered from?
Old 8th March 2017, 16:19   #2023
BHPian

Nexa is not accepting Ciaz bookings as yet per my knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
There are Nexa dealers who do not own regular MS showrooms in the same city - case in point the the OMR Nexa in Chennai. That outlet is owned by Pillai & Sons, and they do not have a regular MS showroom in Chennai. So if I book a Ciaz there, where will I get it delivered from?
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 16:31   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
You could try out Khivraj Motors in 1st Ave, Sastrinagar, I came very close to booking an automatic Ciaz ZXI+, they have some good deals and deals for March may have become sweeter for the 2016 models available. Try it out, I was offered an OTR of ₹ 12.5 L for the 2016 model available. I went in for a Honda City VX-CVT instead.
Old 8th March 2017, 16:39   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Nexa is not accepting Ciaz bookings as yet per my knowledge
Yes, Nexa is not accepting Ciaz bookings yet, but as per your previous post I understand that Nexa will start to accept bookings in the future but the deliveries will be via the regular MS showrooms. Please correct me if I misunderstood. Hence my question on how that would work if the Nexa dealer does not have a MS showroom in the same city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
You could try out Khivraj Motors in 1st Ave, Sastrinagar, I came very close to booking an automatic Ciaz ZXI+, they have some good deals and deals for March may have become sweeter for the 2016 models available. Try it out, I was offered an OTR of ₹ 12.5 L for the 2016 model available. I went in for a Honda City VX-CVT instead.
I'm not looking for a Ciaz. My question was based on a hypothetical scenario if I ever booked a Ciaz with Nexa. I've booked a Baleno Zeta CVT with OMR Nexa and waiting for delivery
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks