Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 11:15   #691
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Update on this post of mine:

I have transferred Rs 50,000 to the dealer.

Girish Mahajan
Latest update:

Yesterday, Wednesday, 14 September 2016, I took possession of my Mahindra Scorpio S10 8-seater Automatic in Diamond White color from Sahyadri Motors Pvt Ltd, Baner, Pune.

Just now the car is in 3M for underbody + silencer + engine protection coating.

Planning a trip with family to Kolhapur (Siddhagiri Museum and Mahalaxmi Mandir) and back - for tomorrow.

I plan to create a thread shortly.

Overall, I can say that it has been a very pleasant experience till now - with the dealer and the car.

Many many thanks to all the TBHPians who helped me along the way.
To name a few: AutoIndian, timuservan, comfortablynumb,... and many more

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 11:34   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest update:

Yesterday, Wednesday, 14 September 2016, I took possession of my Mahindra Scorpio S10 8-seater Automatic in Diamond White color from Sahyadri Motors Pvt Ltd, Baner, Pune.
Many congratulations Sir on getting the delivery of your Scorpio AT , must have been a long wait. But where are the pictures, we need a lot of them.

Quote:
Please share the details of the treatments and the costs involved.

Quote:
Planning a trip with family to Kolhapur (Siddhagiri Museum and Mahalaxmi Mandir) and back - for tomorrow.
All the best for your maiden trip. I am sure you are going to enjoy it.

Quote:
Looking forward to that thread. I am sure it would be as interesting as your Jazz thread.

Quote:
Overall, I can say that it has been a very pleasant experience till now - with the dealer and the car.
You are indeed very lucky. Not everyone have such an experience.

Quote:
Many many thanks to all the TBHPians who helped me along the way. To name a few: AutoIndian, timuservan, comfortablynumb,... and many more. Regards, Girish Mahajan
My pleasure. Will plan to catch up with you soon, till then enjoy your new steed and take care.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 11:50   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Latest update:

Congratulations GKMahajan. When you get time to click pictures, please share pictures of the middle and last row of seats. Eagerly waiting for your Scorpio AT review.
lal79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 11:53   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
Congratulations GKMahajan. When you get time to click pictures, please share pictures of the middle and last row of seats. Eagerly waiting for your Scorpio AT review.
Dear lal79,

Thank you!

I am definitely planning on adding a lot of pictures. And since 8 seater automatics are rare - I am planning to add photos of the AT related features and 8-seat related features - for sure!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 11:46   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Latest update:

Congratulations on your new car. Wish you a wonderful ownership and lots of memorable miles with this car.
Please post some pictures.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 12:17   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

If you need any contacts in Sahyadri during scheduled servicing, let me know and I will message you the name and mobile # of the GM there.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 16:38   #697
BANNED

Quote:
Latest update
So, were you able to confirm the GB? Is it DSI or Aisin?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 10:53   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So, were you able to confirm the GB? Is it DSI or Aisin?
Dea n.devdath,

Sorry - forgot to ask!
I will see if I can find out during the 5k service.

Girish Mahajan

Update:

On 16 Sep 2016, the new Scorpio took us to Kolhapur and back. Us includes my in-laws, wife, two daughters and me - 6 of us!

I will add more details in my travelogue. However, two interesting photos:
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_20160916_223101.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_20160916_223117.jpg

So, after traveling 528 km it is showing a balance of 261 km = total range 789. OK OK it was mainly highway travel, never crossing 80 kmph, ACC ON at 26 C, 6 adults on board and almost no luggage - since it was a day trip!

Just for reference, the ARAI says it will give 13.68 kmpl on highway!! Either the MID is mad or I am just lucky!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 17th September 2016 at 11:05.
GKMahajan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 16:51   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Dea n.devdath,

Just for reference, the ARAI says it will give 13.68 kmpl on highway!! Either the MID is mad or I am just lucky!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Very much possible. On one of my trips to chennai (Single person) at speeds BW 60-80 KMPH my car was returning 20KMPL. Another time I got 21KMPL.

Br,
Miyer
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_2448.jpg  

Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:25   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Very much possible. On one of my trips to chennai (Single person) at speeds BW 60-80 KMPH my car was returning 20KMPL. Another time I got 21KMPL.

Br,
Miyer
Dear Miyer,

Thanks for the update. Just by the way, did this match with the tank full to tank full method?

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:51   #701
BHPian

gkm, FTF even under frugal conditions never crosses 17.5 with AC even with the best driving manners. My guess on how the display works in this and in most cars is that the algorithm takes the tank float input of (fuel drawn by the pump-fuel returned into the tank) and the displacement (distance travelled) for that instant in time. If you drive hard, this drops as less fuel returns to the tank.Remaining distance is also calculated like this as an overall mannerism of the instantaneous driving.

In practice, breaking, gear shifting, road undulation and gradients, clutch use ect vary and corresponding our foot pressure (opening the throttle body) to let in air/fuel decides the driving habit and fuel efficiency. For example if you are able to keep the turbo open (although its a VGT) at the sweet RPM (in this case 1800-1900) with a light foot in high gear, there is a significant increase in FE due to the better A/F ratio.

I see there is a recall notice for all cars produced till June2016.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...N&ocid=UP97DHP

This is the 4th Item I am replacing in warranty and recall.
1. Rear Drums - Replaced 2 times (Vibration at High Speeds)
2. Wiring Harness behind the Battery and a sleeve
3. Starter Motor- Moisture got in and jammed the solonoid (I do not drive in water or flood the engine bay with water )
4. Is this Hose which I need to check with the dealer in the next service.

I went to replace the starter motor and the service guys disconnected the batteries. For a couple of days the car was behaving strange and did not know why. I realised they did not flash the car to reset the factory settings and thus the clutch position sensor, brake sensors and all of them were hay wire...!!!

Please remember to flash the car after every service.....!!! Very Very Important.
Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 19:49   #702
BHPian

Interesting update on my Scorpio:
I did the second tank top up. Hence, I got my first real tank-full-to-tank-full reading.
The car had done 408 km (with most of the distance being on open good roads but a significant time in traffic jams), took 34.15 lt of diesel costing Rs 1947.57.
This comes to 11.95 km/lt and Rs 4.77 / km.
My Jazz runs at an average of Rs 3.66 / km for almost the same route. For this run, the Scorpio had faced more jams than my Jazz does normally - what with the extra potted roads!

Let us see what happens after the 5000 km servicing. Presently it has not even touched 1000 km.

Another update - a small issue - the left front door lock became hard to open. I had sent the car for fitting the front sensors and starting the reverse camera. The service center guys lubricated the latch. Presently it is smooth. Keeping fingers crossed!

Oh - the reverse camera is quite good. Now I have distance and view on the touch screen!
The front sensor is quite good too.

I have just barely tested the two (front and reverse) parking systems. I will give proper feedback after more usage.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 22:32   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This comes to 11.95 km/lt and Rs 4.77 / km.
I think this is fine for Scorpio. I have a TUV300 which gives mileage of about 15 kmpl on highway and about 12 - 13 kmpl within city.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 07:27   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I think this is fine for Scorpio. I have a TUV300 which gives mileage of about 15 kmpl on highway and about 12 - 13 kmpl within city.
Dear airbus,

Absolutely right! I am happy too.

In the case of my earlier cars (City, WagonR and Jazz specially) I had noticed that the car and me got used to each other after some time - consequently increasing the performance and FE. So, hoping for even better FE in the future.

For the way it performs, I am happy as long as it stays above 10 kmpl.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 21:37   #705
BANNED

Quote:
Latest update:

Many many thanks to all the TBHPians who helped me along the way.
To name a few: AutoIndian, timuservan, comfortablynumb,... and many more

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Congratulations, GKMahajan, on your new Scorpio S10! As you have mentioned further down, the 8-seater automatic is not too common and I too, like so many others here, are looking forward to your experience inputs - specially regarding the auto transmission.

Being the owner of a Scorpio Glx for the past 12 - happy & eventful! - years (since 2004), an automatic now looks increasingly attractive, specially on long tours.

Congratulations once again!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks