Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:38   #631
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Don't buy any accessories at all right now, specially from the dealer. Use your vehicle as it is for a month or two, and then decide if anything is really needed or not (including the pricey 3M treatments).

Since your vehicle is the top end variant, chances are you will conclude that the stock vehicle has all you need.

Cheers,
Vikram
Dear Vikram,

You are echoing my thoughts! Or at least what I thought before looking at the accessories catalog!

AFAIK none of the below exist in the S10 AT:
..rear guard
..Scuff plate
..Wheel covers
..seat covers
..reverse camera
..front proximity sensors
..Handirack
..Tracker
..Bonnet Scoop
..Rear Bumper reflectors
..roof mounted blower

Hence the query...

Of course, I am sure you know that I will have to discuss this list with wife and daughters too! And budget will also play a role in the decision making. I wish they had provided an option of 6/7 airbags!

To me these look relatively more interesting:
..reverse camera - utility
..front proximity sensors - utility
..Handirack - utility
..Tracker - utility
..roof mounted blower - comfort

The rest depending up on 'other factors' mentioned above.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:50   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Vikram, You are echoing my thoughts! Or at least what I thought before looking at the accessories catalog!
Rear guard - not advisable.

S10 AT comes with alloy wheels, bonnet scoop and I think the rear reflectors too - have a look at this page:

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/mahin...=comparemodels

You won't need reverse camera and front proximity sensors once you get used to the dimensions of the vehicle. They are good to have, but not a must. When in doubt, just ask your co-passengers to guide you for the 1st couple of months. Even if you do feel the need, it will be cheaper to install them at car accessory shops rather than the dealer.

Installing a roof mounted blower will need major changes to the wiring and also has the potential to cause a lot of unnecessary rattles due to the non-factory fitment of the blower apparatus. Skip it would be my advice.

No comments on the handirack and tracker - I don't even know what those are

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:03   #633
BHPian

Quote:
You won't need reverse camera and front proximity sensors once you get used to the dimensions of the vehicle. They are good to have, but not a must. When in doubt, just ask your co-passengers to guide you for the 1st couple of months. Even if you do feel the need, it will be cheaper to install them at car accessory shops rather than the dealer.

Installing a roof mounted blower will need major changes to the wiring and also has the potential to cause a lot of unnecessary rattles due to the non-factory fitment of the blower apparatus. Skip it would be my advice.

No comments on the handirack and tracker - I don't even know what those are

Cheers,
Vikram
Dear Vikram,

I have a reverse sensor on my WagonR, a reverse sensor and camera on my Jazz. The reverse camera is a God's gift. Even after 3,40,000+ km of driving, I find the ease of parking in the middle of the yellow lines - extremely easy.

As I mentioned, the front sensors would be a boon to my daughters.

Roof mounted blower - I agree with you - I will decide after what happens in peak summer.

Handirack is a closed rack on top of the car. Since I am taking a 8 seater model, I suspect that the storage space inside is going to be at a premium! However, I can always decide upon this as and when required.

I have installed a Tracker on my Jazz. I just love the practicality of it. I just share the location with my family and they know exactly where I am. Very useful for solo long drives.

So, as of now, the 'more interesting' list is down to:
..Tracker - utility

and 3M - my experience with Honda City and Honda Jazz has been good - so I am optimistic on this front.

The 'can think of' list is:
..Scuff plate
..seat covers
..Rear Bumper reflectors
..mats (I missed this in the original list!!)

Thanks again for the prompt reply. It is really nice to have somebody to bat my thoughts with.

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:08   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again for the prompt reply. It is really nice to have somebody to bat my thoughts with.
The rear bumper reflectors are already present in the S10. Check the image below:

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-rear.jpg

Mats - Yes, absolutely needed!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:15   #635
BHPian

Quote:
The rear bumper reflectors are already present in the S10.
Mats - Yes, absolutely needed!

Cheers,
Vikram
Dear Vikram,

Thanks for the clarification. I had thought these were additional stickers. The catalog is not very clear on this. It is good that you clarified.

..tracker - utility
and 3M

..scuff plates
..seat covers
..mats

Dear Vikram, you have helped me heavily in shortening the list - thanks once more.

By the way, what do you think will be the cost of all this? Just wondering..

Girish Mahajan
Old 23rd August 2016, 09:51   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vikram,

Thanks for the clarification. I had thought these were additional stickers. The catalog is not very clear on this. It is good that you clarified.

..tracker - utility
and 3M

..scuff plates
..seat covers
..mats

Dear Vikram, you have helped me heavily in shortening the list - thanks once more.

By the way, what do you think will be the cost of all this? Just wondering..

Girish Mahajan
To add to the discussion:
::: Extremely useful. I have one installed in my car and use it almost daily. You can get this fitted from the dealer. Should be around 3-4k. It will be cheaper outside but my thinking was to get alteast 7-8k worth goods from the dealer to keep him a bit happy.

::: Don't think it is needed. You can easily see the bonnet from your seat and can judge the obstacles. I have not felt the need.

..tracker - utility
::: No idea.

and 3M
::: What all are you planning? I found that apart from the underbody treatment, the others do not make financial sense.

..scuff plates
::: I have the non illuminated ones. The illuminated ones need additional wiring which I wanted to avoid.

..seat covers
::: The factory provided covers for the S10 are quiet good. My S4+ had vinyl and so I had to get seat covers. Maybe you can use for a month or so before deciding if you want different ones. I would recommend Car Cupid for seat covers.

..mats
::: Definitely needed. Do check out the noodle ones.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:08   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
To add to the discussion:
::: Extremely useful. I have one installed in my car and use it almost daily. You can get this fitted from the dealer. Should be around 3-4k. It will be cheaper outside but my thinking was to get alteast 7-8k worth goods from the dealer to keep him a bit happy.
I agree with you on both the points. Very valid!

Quote:
::: Don't think it is needed. You can easily see the bonnet from your seat and can judge the obstacles. I have not felt the need.
Like I have said before, in the TD I did not need this feature. However, I have tried this on a Superb. The feature is definitely useful. I am assuming that my daughter will face issues - so - if the cost is not significant, then I am thinking seriously about installing it.

Quote:
..tracker - utility
::: No idea.
As mentioned earlier, I love this in Honda. I am hoping somebody will have some feedback on the unit from M&M!

Quote:
and 3M
::: What all are you planning? I found that apart from the underbody treatment, the others do not make financial sense.
I am only interested in the protection for the underbody. If the amount is not significant, then I might even consider the paint protection.

Quote:
..scuff plates
::: I have the non illuminated ones. The illuminated ones need additional wiring which I wanted to avoid.
Again, going by my Honda experience, I may go for the illuminated ones - if reasonably priced!

Quote:
..seat covers
::: The factory provided covers for the S10 are quiet good. My S4+ had vinyl and so I had to get seat covers. Maybe you can use for a month or so before deciding if you want different ones. I would recommend Car Cupid for seat covers.
This is exactly how I went about in the case of my Honda Jazz. The result is that 9+ months down the time, I am still on the original setup - no seat covers added.
By the way, what is 'Car Cupid'? I searched on the internet and came up with a shop in Pashan. I assume this is what you mean. Please confirm.

Quote:
..mats
::: Definitely needed. Do check out the noodle ones.
Yes definitely. Any idea of the cost involved?

Thanks a lot for the detailed replies!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:30   #638
BHPian

Hi All,

I just picked up my S10 4x4 AWD in the beginning of July 2016 and the vehicle is due in for its 1st service the day after tomorrow.

Reversing Cam would definitely help. I also have smaller adjustable mirrors stuck on the wing mirrors to help me with gauging my rear wheel position.

Only added a full vinyl matting over the stock floor mats. Else everything else is bone stock.

There is really nothing more than one would need for this car, IMO.

Cheers!
Krish
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:07   #639
BHPian

Quote:
I am only interested in the protection for the underbody. If the amount is not significant, then I might even consider the paint protection.
The 5 year underbody coating was around 4-5k. I researched a lot about the paint protection and my opinion was that it does not make sense.

The noodle mats for the Scoprio were something like 3k.

Quote:
This is exactly how I went about in the case of my Honda Jazz. The result is that 9+ months down the time, I am still on the original setup - no seat covers added.
By the way, what is 'Car Cupid'? I searched on the internet and came up with a shop in Pashan. I assume this is what you mean. Please confirm.
Car Cupid is accessory shop on Sus road. You can find positive reviews on TBhp as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Hi All,

I just picked up my S10 4x4 AWD in the beginning of July 2016 and the vehicle is due in for its 1st service the day after tomorrow.

Reversing Cam would definitely help. I also have smaller adjustable mirrors stuck on the wing mirrors to help me with gauging my rear wheel position.

Only added a full vinyl matting over the stock floor mats. Else everything else is bone stock.

There is really nothing more than one would need for this car, IMO.

Cheers!
Krish
What exactly do you mean by the "smaller adjustable mirrors"?
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:38   #640
BHPian

Quote:
The 5 year underbody coating was around 4-5k. I researched a lot about the paint protection and my opinion was that it does not make sense.
Thanks a lot. I will definitely think about underbody coating. Afterall, my car will do a lot of time in Mumbai!
I did paint protection for my Jazz. I do not know how much 'protection' I got! However, at the 3M center I had compared the finish with another Honda car (untreated). My car had felt like silk. Also, I got a feeling that water and mud run off the car more easily than they ever did with my other cars past and present. Maybe it is just a 'feeling'. I will check with my M&M SA too. Let us see.

Quote:
The noodle mats for the Scoprio were something like 3k.
I have never used noodle mats. If this is the price, then I will keep them in the contention.

Quote:
Car Cupid is accessory shop on Sus road. You can find positive reviews on TBhp as well.
Thanks. I looked up on Google Maps. From Sahyadri Motors, on the way home, first Car Cupid is in the way, then 3M!! How cool can that be!

Thank you so much timuseravan for taking out so much time to answer my queries.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:42   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by the "smaller adjustable mirrors"?
I think he is referring to this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1364647

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 17:15   #642
Senior - BHPian

Roof mounted blower is not really required in a Scorpio, the airconditioning and air circulation system is fairly good till the third row. The rear vents and the central vents besides the two side vent air flow take care of a reasonably good overall air flow and the compressor is good enough to cool the Scorpio.

Last edited by desertfox : 24th August 2016 at 17:16.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 11:25   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Roof mounted blower is not really required in a Scorpio, the airconditioning and air circulation system is fairly good till the third row. The rear vents and the central vents besides the two side vent air flow take care of a reasonably good overall air flow and the compressor is good enough to cool the Scorpio.
Dear desertfox,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, in my TD, I felt that the AC is quite good. However, in a zoomcar drive in a XUV, my daughter who sat in the third row felt uncomfortable. Maybe she carried the bias into the Scorpio TD. I am planning to use the car for some time and then decide.

Girish Mahajan
Old 30th August 2016, 10:21   #644
BHPian

Happy Update on my booking:
Got the VIN for my booked Scorpio S10 AT RWD.
It is Aug 2016 manufactured!

Hope to see it in a day or two!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Edit: got a whatsapp from the SA - says - 05 Aug 2016!

Last edited by GKMahajan : 30th August 2016 at 10:26.
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 08:26   #645
BHPian

@GKMahajan Congratulation!!
If you are planning for the 3M services at Sus Road, do book an appointment asap. They are usually booked full 7-10 days in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks