Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 13:23   #571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
For all those complaining about Scorpio, here is a travelogue from Scorpio AT!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...orpio-s10.html
Awesome - Many thanks for sharing!
Old 5th April 2016, 13:54   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
\So any car longer that the scorp. is automatically ruled out
Okay. There was some reports on this forum about some failure of the Scorpio AT, but lately I have not seen any. So, I guess, they have ironed out the initial glitches.

The unit is basically a regular Torque Converter, 6-Speed Automatic, so generally it is a proven design. Hence, I wouldn't to be too concerned.

Also from my personal experience when I had my Scorpio mhawk 4WD, Mahindra senior management is fairly responsive to customer complaints and gets involved to sort out any major issues once it is escalated to them.

If you are very particular about the Scorpio AT, then feel it is fine to go for it. The ride and handling has been much improved over the previous generation ones.
Old 5th April 2016, 14:02   #573
BHPian

Many thanks for the details. Scorpio AT did drive really well, but the interiors don't match up to its on-road price ask of 17L here at Bangalore. The Honda Jazz, the other contender, has one critical missing safety feature (seat belt pre-tensioner).

So as of today I have put the decision to buy a new car on hold. I would rather live with my current ride, the Scorpio, than compromise.
Old 6th April 2016, 13:24   #574
BHPian

Quote:
* Acceleration was very brisk from dead stop. I was the first guy at a signal and oh boy just like the manual, the automatic put smiles on my face when the signal turned green
Very true!! I had a scary moment once when my left rear Tyre was on loose sand while right one was on tarmac. As soon as I tried to accelerate hard from standstill (read pedal to metal), My Scorpio turned 90 degree due to sheer torque with quite a drama. Smile turned into respect that day.
Post that I make sure that I do not push the pedal hard!

Also during my Leh visit, I did encounter some wheel spins during hairpin bends with steep incline proving ample torque available in AT.

However, as AT has tendency to coast(in Neutral) on down hill, I had come up with a way to provide engine braking.
I set the cruise control at around ~30KMPH and then on any down hill, I just activated the CC which forced a lower gear and prevented coasting; thus provided some engine braking.
Old 6th April 2016, 13:50   #575
BANNED

Quote:
Many thanks for the details. Scorpio AT did drive really well, but the interiors don't match up to its on-road price ask of 17L here at Bangalore.
Exactly my biggest grouse with the new Scorpio. It simply doesn't live upto its price in the interiors deptt.
Everything is hard, made to a cost and feels a couple of segments lower.
Old 13th April 2016, 17:40   #576
BHPian

Got delivery of my Black S10 4WD on Friday, 8-April-2016. Next day itself went to Guruvayur temple with family. It was a 500 Km drive. It was a nice drive. Enjoying the initial period of ownership. Pictures are from my phone. Sorry for the poor quality pictures.
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio2.jpg
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio4.jpg

There was a crack in the front right tyre which I didn't notice during my PDI and delivery. Noticed this only after reaching home.
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-tyre_crack.jpg
Called the dealer and informed him about the same. They told they will check with Bridgestone for warranty replacement and they are quite sure that it will be rejected stating the damage is due to tyre hitting some stone. If they reject then the dealer will replace the tyre as a goodwill gesture. Hope they will keep this promise.

Another thing I noticed is the middle row Captain seats, when unoccupied, rattles on rough/uneven roads. Is this common in Scorpios?
lal79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 18:02   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
Got delivery of my Black S10 4WD on Friday, 8-April-2016.
There was a crack in the front right tyre which I didn't notice during my PDI and delivery. Noticed this only after reaching home.
Another thing I noticed is the middle row Captain seats, when unoccupied, rattles on rough/uneven roads. Is this common in Scorpios?
Dear lal79,

Congrats on your new car.

Sad to read about the cracked tyre. Best of luck with the solution.

I am thinking of buying a Scorpio with Captain seats. Unfortunately, I am not able to find a car with Captain seats to study. I want to know if they are really beneficial. I am specially interested in the third row comfort. Can I request you to share some information about the third row? We are a family of 6 - mostly tall people. Do you think we will be comfortable? The sales buy says 'definitely'! But then he is trying to sell the car!!

Also, I hope you are planning to start a thread.

Another thing - why did you go for 4WD?

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Old 13th April 2016, 19:57   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear lal79,
Congrats on your new car.
Thank you.
Quote:
I am thinking of buying a Scorpio with Captain seats. Unfortunately, I am not able to find a car with Captain seats to study. I want to know if they are really beneficial.
Middle row captain seat is really comfortable. They are similar to the front row seats. They can be reclined for maximum comfort. Also it is possible to move these seats forward for creating more legroom in third row.
Quote:
I am specially interested in the third row comfort. Can I request you to share some information about the third row? We are a family of 6 - mostly tall people. Do you think we will be comfortable? The sales buy says 'definitely'! But then he is trying to sell the car!!
Third row is best suited for kids and shorter adults. I am only 5' 6" tall. Even when I slide the middle row captain seats all the way forward I am not that comfortable in third row for long journeys. I am the tallest person in my family. Other family members can sit in the third row with reasonable comfort.
Quote:
Also, I hope you are planning to start a thread.
Another thing - why did you go for 4WD?

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
I am planning to start a thread. Bit busy with office work. Planning to spent some time over the weekend and take some good photographs. Then I need to find some time and patients to sit and compose the thread.
4WD was a long time desire. This was my last opportunity to get one. That was the only reason for 4WD.
lal79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 14:35   #579
BHPian

Dear lal79,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Quote:
Middle row captain seat is really comfortable. They are similar to the front row seats. They can be reclined for maximum comfort. Also it is possible to move these seats forward for creating more legroom in third row.

Third row is best suited for kids and shorter adults. I am only 5' 6" tall. Even when I slide the middle row captain seats all the way forward I am not that comfortable in third row for long journeys. I am the tallest person in my family. Other family members can sit in the third row with reasonable comfort.
This is a very important feedback for me. I am the tallest in the family at 5' 10". I expect to be in the driver's seat or at most in the second row. So no issues here. My daughters at 5' 4" and 5' 9" may land up sitting in the last row. So, small issue here. Just for my sake, could you measure the distance from 'the back of the front seat' to 'the front of the back seat' - for the second row and the third row? Then I can measure my daughters' space required.

Quote:
I am planning to start a thread. Bit busy with office work. Planning to spent some time over the weekend and take some good photographs. Then I need to find some time and patients to sit and compose the thread.
I can understand totally. Still could you do the measurements requested above? Also, could you take photos of the third row and post them here? I am sure many people will be interested in them.

Quote:
4WD was a long time desire. This was my last opportunity to get one. That was the only reason for 4WD.
Ha Ha Ha Ha!! I thought the whole Team-BHP setup is for people who say that there is no such thing as 'last opportunity'!!
On the other hand I am also in a dilemma about this - for the same reason - I am afraid that I will not really appreciate a 4wd when I am a bit more older!!

Anyway, thanks once more for the quick response.

Girish Mahajan
Old 16th April 2016, 16:06   #580
BHPian

Quote:
This is a very important feedback for me. I am the tallest in the family at 5' 10". I expect to be in the driver's seat or at most in the second row. So no issues here. My daughters at 5' 4" and 5' 9" may land up sitting in the last row. So, small issue here. Just for my sake, could you measure the distance from 'the back of the front seat' to 'the front of the back seat' - for the second row and the third row? Then I can measure my daughters' space required.
5'9" will be a very tight fit in last row. 5'4" will not be a problem. For a taller person in last row the best position will be the middle seat in the last row. Here they can stretch there legs. I am attaching few pictures here for your reference

Middle and Last row seats
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-middle_last.jpg

Middle row leg room when driver seat pushed all the way back, seat behind pushed all the way forward, front passenger seat pushed all the way forward and seat behind pushed all the way back. Here the max leg room measured 24 cm and min leg room measured 8 cm.
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-max_min_middle_1.jpg

Driver seat adjusted for my height. I am 5' 6". Here the legroom measured 17 cm
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-max_min_middle_4.jpg

Last row leg room with middle row seats in the same position as mentioned above. Here the max leg room measured 18 cm and min leg room measured 10 cm.
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-max_min_last_1.jpg

One more pic of last row for the max leg room
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-max_min_last_2.jpg

Hope this helps.
lal79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 09:20   #581
BHPian

Quote:
5'9" will be a very tight fit in last row. 5'4" will not be a problem. For a taller person in last row the best position will be the middle seat in the last row. Here they can stretch there legs.
Hope this helps.
Dear lal79,

Thank you.

"Hope this helps." - It does indeed. You have done a far better job than all the other reviews I have seen. You are a saviour. I am going to sent this link to my wife and daughters. Let me see what they have to say.

Thanks a lot, once again, for a very through reply.

Girish Mahajan
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:26   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this as a mail from Mahindra. Don't have much details, those who are planning a purchase now can check with dealer.

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-screenshot_20160423122345645.jpeg
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 13:17   #583
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio Adventure Limited Edition Launched

While Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.) may have been marketing the newly launched Nuvosport with an adventure theme, the company today announced the launch of the limited edition Scorpio Adventure variant. The limited edition Scorpio will enjoy a production run of only 1,000 units and is priced at INR 13.07 lacs (Ex-showroom without Octroi, Navi Mumbai, BS4, 2WD).

The limited edition Scorpio Adventure is based on the top-end ‘S10’ variant and is equipped with the following :

•Gun Metal alloy wheels
•Red brake callipers
•Faux leather seats with blue fabric insert
•Faux leather-wrapped steering wheel & gear lever
•ORVMs with side indicator
•Rear view camera
•Smoked tail lamps
•Mist Silver and White dual-tone exteriors with adventure-themed decals

The Scorpio Adventure will be powered the same mHawk engine which churns out 120 BHP. The Scorpio Adventure comes with manual transmission and is available in both 2-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive.

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpioadventurelimitededition1024x731.jpg

The extra features are always welcome, however, the 'Greige' cladding instead of the body colour one does not look good. I would rather stick to the normal S10 because of this very reason.

Source-
http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...tion-launched/
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 13:50   #584
BHPian

More details on the "Adventure Edition":
http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...tion-launched/

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/adven...mited-edition/

It is priced 50k more than the regular version. The gunmetal alloys look fantastic! But everything else not so much.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 14:41   #585
BHPian

No doubt the Gunmetal Alloys look really good and are in the league of their own, but those with 2 more somehow useful features in Rear View Camera and ORVMs with side indicator just do not justify the 50k extra money, as well as the "Adventure" tag, IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks