Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 20:37   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Has anybody done the update or got it done?

Should I risk the 500 bucks? Not a big amount - but will it create issues with Mahindra? The manual is totally silent on this issue.

I feel you should wait. I had read on this forum itself that both Xuv500 and Scorpio touchscreen systems will be upgradable to Android Auto. XUV500 upgrade was announced today. Scorpio should get announced soon too.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 11:18   #782
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I feel you should wait. I had read on this forum itself that both Xuv500 and Scorpio touchscreen systems will be upgradable to Android Auto. XUV500 upgrade was announced today. Scorpio should get announced soon too.
I have spoken to dealerships and to Mahindra directly also but no one has any idea regarding this.

I don't know who is releasing these press releases for Mahindra when their own customer care and Regional Sales Managers don't have the slightest clue.
Kestrel5915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 19:44   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Hi! I have now been reached out by two separate dealerships, who have informed me that my S4+ 4WD is listed for a Recall
Has anyone else been affected by this recall?
along!!!
Hi Roy

Eager to learn about the recall. Please do keep us posted as it is a really worrying thing. Not sure any one else has received this recall?

Kind Regards...Vikas
Old 30th April 2017, 08:17   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
I have spoken to dealerships and to Mahindra directly also but no one has any idea regarding this.

I don't know who is releasing these press releases for Mahindra when their own customer care and Regional Sales Managers don't have the slightest clue.
Dear autorahul and Kestrel5915,

Thanks for thee update. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope they do the upgrade soon.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 17th May 2017, 16:29   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Hi! I have now been reached out by two separate dealerships, who have informed me that my S4+ 4WD is listed for a Recall Action. On enquiring from both, they have said that they will inspect a chassis member, for likely cracks and based on that they will initiate replacement of the entire Chassis!
Has anyone else been affected by this recall?
A full chassis replacement, as a recall action, sounds scary, when I contemplate that I may have been driving around with a cracked chassis all along!!!
Please update on the chassis recall. Its scary to know that chassis could crack or rust so early in a vehicle. Please let us know on the details, it would help many of us. Thanks.
Old 6th June 2017, 14:25   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The 6 Speed Autobox is sourced from a company called DSI based in Australia which went into bankruptcy and subsequently got acquired by Geely automotive of China (The same chaps who own Volvo).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drivet..._International

Mahindra has switched to the transmission maker ASIN for the next generation of Autoboxes for the XUV and subsequently Scorpio also.

I think in the long run, spares and resale for this model will take a hit, so unless you are in a tearing hurry, I think it is better to wait.

Some people on this forum were fooled by the dealer and they think that the automatic box in Scorpio is sourced from Bosch. Bosch doesn't not make transmissions and has never been a vendor/supplier of transmissions.
Looks like my premonition is coming true. Good move by Mahindra and buyers can now have peace of mind.

From AutoCar India Website "Mahindra Scorpio facelift to get XUV500's auto gearbox"

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-405069.aspx
Old 6th June 2017, 19:44   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Looks like my premonition is coming true. Good move by Mahindra and buyers can now have peace of mind.

From AutoCar India Website "Mahindra Scorpio facelift to get XUV500's auto gearbox"

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-405069.aspx
Practically, it is impossible that the same gearbox is picked up and deployed. XUV is a transaxle FWD while the Scorpio has a longitudinal RWD. I assume by stating that Scorpio to get XUV 500 box, it is only the make. Hoping they club this with the 140 hp 320 nm which is rumoured to come. An additional point would be the old autobox would not be able to handle the additional bump in the power and torque of the Scorpio. I assume the manual transmission would be also reworked to a 6 speed box.

If it is the entire thing, I would love an auto AWD on the Scorpio
Old 7th June 2017, 12:57   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Practically, it is impossible that the same gearbox is picked up and deployed. XUV is a transaxle FWD while the Scorpio has a longitudinal RWD.
It is definitely not the same box, as you said. But probably ASIN aslo makes longitudinally mounted boxes also. From a pricing and support perspective, best to have the same vendor rather than deal with two vendors for autoboxes.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:15   #789
BHPian

Hi Friends, I own a 2WD S10 and recently started observing issues with my TPMS system. Some how it shows lesser pressure (2-3 points less) whenever I compare it with my recently bought TEKTON 5941 Digital Tire Gauge. I procured this from Amazon global store.

A few months back I had a tyre puncture. Whether it may have relationship with resetting of TPMS? Though I got it resetted at authorized Mahindra workshop.

Would like to hear from other members, what is their experience with Mahindra factory fitted TPMS.

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:57   #790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Hi Friends, I own a 2WD S10 and recently started observing issues with my TPMS system. Some how it shows lesser pressure (2-3 points less) whenever I compare it with my recently bought TEKTON 5941 Digital Tire Gauge.
You are comparing two gauges against each other and unless you have a standard calibrated instrument as a benchmark, it isn't possible to point out the wrong one.

Secondly, the new gen TPMS is free of bugs and works fine without issues most of the time. You can have the TPMS reset once again to double check things or do it yourself. Here is the DIY video which should also be in your truck's ICE.

n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 22:59   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You are comparing two gauges against each other and unless you have a standard calibrated instrument as a benchmark,
Thanks for your response N.Devdath. So far not been able to find a standard calibrated instrument. Tekton has great reviews on sellers portal (amazon US) and therefore I trusted it to be an accurate device. I think I'll have to do device another trick to check reliability of TPMS and Tekton one. Till then need to be cautious with pressure levels.
Old 18th September 2017, 17:43   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie98 View Post
Please update on the chassis recall. Its scary to know that chassis could crack or rust so early in a vehicle. Please let us know on the details, it would help many of us. Thanks.
Very late to reply sorry.
I too own a Scorpio S4+4wd, and had been contacted by Mahindra as well as dealer from Nashik as i have bought the car from Nashik dealer. The dealer on first instinct told me about the company recalling the S4+ for some technical inspection and reinforcement of Shock Absorber mount and asked me to visit him and if its not possible for me to come to Nashik, i may also visit the Aurangabad dealer and things can be done there also but he need to speak to the technical guy over there to assist for the work to be done.
I visited after couple of days to the Aurangabad dealership Ratnaprabha Motors, and they knew about my visit as Nashik dealer has already communicated but he too did'nt explained me the exact nature of thing to be done, i inquired to some other resources in the workshop and then i came to know that the Shock Absorber mount has to be reinforced as chances of cracking has been noticed by Mahindra. Then i had to manage something to get this copy of the bulletin which will enlighten all the things related to the recall.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scorpio recall bulletin 07-Jul-2017 11-26-28.pdf (741.0 KB, 496 views)
ganesh_evo75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 19:13   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
Then i had to manage something to get this copy of the bulletin which will enlighten all the things related to the recall.
Very very informative, thanks a lot!
And it seems quite a biggie! It seems like an issue that puts the chassis itself in jeopardy. Crack in the frame where the suspension is mounted .

Thats a mistake quite a while ago on the drawing board...And also in the metallurgy department that finalized the steel specifications.

Good that they are coming up with the action plan. However the recall should be much more proactive in such a scenario I'd say. A cracked chassis can have all possible consequences - none at all to the absolute worst.

I hope the "SOP" mentioned there is good & solves the problem for sure rather than some (quite expectable!) jugaad.

Just the other day I had a discussion on another thread about Mahindra Scorpio with Spike & others about the design gaps in the old platform AND how the S4+ 4x4 is at the top of my upgrade list awaiting finance ministry approval. And the "awww shucks!" moment immediately...

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th September 2017 at 19:15.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:44   #794
BHPian

All, i am trying to get a head rest DVD player with screen for my Scorpio S4+from UK. Just wondering if the head rest from here will fit in the Scorpio seat? Anybody has tried this before?
Old 27th November 2017, 15:58   #795
BHPian

As per a news in ET, Mahindra is planning to launch electric Scorpio by 2019.
Quote:
The carmaker is currently testing the electric Scorpio on the Indian roads, as per the sources. The carmaker is planning to rollout the electric Scorpio in next two years.
Well, seems a bold move, but I doubt how much of a success it will prove to be. A heavy, body on frame SUV, with additional load of batteries, what kind of range it will be able to offer, and what will it cost.

Source: ET

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks