Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2015, 09:44   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With absolutely NO NEWS from my Sales Exec regarding allotment or delivery due says regarding the Alto K10, we have not given them two colour choices apart from F. brick Red. Colors shortlisted are Blue or Orange.
So you've also given the Blue and Orange as your choice or not? I have seen the blue car (same as the opening post) and I think the K10 looks best in that shade. Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single blue customer car on the streets. I believe you've also booked the Nano AMT. Any news about that?
Old 7th May 2015, 09:48   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

So you've also given the Blue and Orange as your choice or not? I have seen the blue car (same as the opening post) and I think the K10 looks best in that shade. Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single blue customer car on the streets. I believe you've also booked the Nano AMT. Any news about that?
Yes S2, we are now open to 3 shades of colors - Brick Red, Cerulean Blue, some Orange. IMO all colors look good on this K10.

Regarding the Nano, you are right, we have paid the amount, yet to receive call from Dealership regarding TD vehicle.
Old 11th May 2015, 10:20   #78
BHPian

I'm trying to compare between:
- K10 AMT (4.92 lacs OTR)
- Grand i10 AT (7.67 lacs OTR)
- Polo GT TSI (10.36 lacs OTR)
[Bangalore prices]

Purely to be used in the infamous bumper-to-bumper Bangalore city traffic of 50 kms daily; totalling 1100 kms per month or 13200 kms per year. This car won't see any other kind of driving, as we'll use the other car - Fortuner AT - for weekends\highways.

K10 AMT looks sufficient for this driving profile, am I missing something?
Old 11th May 2015, 10:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
[Bangalore prices]

Purely to be used in the infamous bumper-to-bumper Bangalore city traffic of 50 kms daily; totalling 1100 kms per month or 13200 kms per year. This car won't see any other kind of driving, as we'll use the other car - Fortuner AT - for weekends\highways.

You of course get what you pay for. Judging by your needs a K10 AMT should fit the bill, assuming that there will be a sole occupant doing the driving. Of course if features, better comfort etc are considerations also then that is what you would get in the Grand i10. The Polo GT will be an absolute overkill for what you have described above.

Bear in mind that the AMT is different from a traditional torque converter that you would get in the i10 where there is a mechanical contraption which does the job of the clutch pedal for you in the former. Will not make one bit of difference to the driver re ease of driving except for the AMT not being as smooth as the TC which may affect the driving experience. Do a TD and see what you like intuitively
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 10:34   #80
BANNED

Quote:
[Bangalore prices]

I'd suggest the Alto K10 AMT as the choice here. You have a better vehicle for the highway and this car will be for city so smaller the better.

Looking at the usage, 1 or 2 occupants would be there in the case so space at the front isn't an issue. Go ahead and get the Alto rather than spending more and getting the Grand i10 which had an old school Torque Converter.

The Polo is a great car but with the ghost of mechatronics aka DQ200 gearbox suffering from issues currently, I wouldn't recommend that car to anyone until VW sorts things out.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 10:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
[Bangalore prices]

Hi RoadFiend, me being a highly satisfied Alto K10 AMT owner for more than a month now with similar usage pattern as yours, I would highly recommend the Alto. Comparing with the Polo and i10 the Alto is more compact, easy to buy and maintain, easy to drive and has good front seats. Do read my ownership review here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lean-blue.html
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 12:08   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
I would highly recommend the Alto.
Great review - thanks! I've also expanded my comparison to the Micra CVT as that has the benefit of:
-2 airbags & ABS
-the CVT is supposed to be the smoothest possible drive in city traffic
albeit at a high On Road Price of 8.48 lacs Bangalore.

Comments welcome!
Old 13th May 2015, 12:17   #83
BANNED

Quote:

Great review - thanks! I've also expanded my comparison to the Micra CVT as that has the benefit of:
-2 airbags & ABS
-the CVT is supposed to be the smoothest possible drive in city traffic
albeit at a high On Road Price of 8.48 lacs Bangalore.

Comments welcome!
If you don't mind spending more and are particular about safety equipment to be mandatory on your car then look at Micra else go ahead with the Alto K10 AMT.
Old 19th May 2015, 13:01   #84
BHPian

My Car is now due for its 3rd service this month.. 10000 kms

Quick updates of city driving(Delhi NCR)

-Mileage is pretty good : 17-18kmpl on a full tank - full tank calculation
-AMT is always a breeze to drive, but reversing needs a bit of care as the power comes in like a surge
-Ac could have been better, but not much to complain about
-As with most Maruti Suzuki cars the doors have started to rattle and I have started calling it a Rattlesnake :-)
-Hardly ever drive it in Manual mode as the Auto selection works well.
Old 30th May 2015, 16:36   #85
BHPian

We were contemplating purchase of Alto K10 AMT v/s a per owned A star automatic and finally decided on A star. Jotting down some of my observations on AMT

Pros
- Manual mode of AMT is fun, especially the first gear - when you press the accelerator a bit hard, the surge is awesome.
- Fun to drive compact hatch with a powerful engine for its size.
- Got the creep function which prevents roll back even if we release the brake and accelerator on an incline. Found the car holds in position without handbrake. All those driving classes for learning half clutch in an Ambassador on incline is wasted and replaced by a tiny box.Those aching legs and the abuses of my driving instructor ring in my ear. Again a disclaimer applies if the incline is too steep there is a risk of roll back as it occurred during our test drive.
- Unlike conventional automatic in D mode for stop gap traffic, if the brake is engaged the engine is not felt to lunge forward. The MM box fully engages the clutch so there is no slipping of clutch and engine and brake are not tugging at each other.

Cons
- Strict no to half braking on incline. if the brake is pressed slightly the system cannot stop the roll back. So need to be careful releasing brakes at slow pace on an incline. if you release the brake quickly I found it rolls back only a bit and AMT kicks in to hold the car in position on the incline.

- Gear shifting was a bit unpredictable. Might be rather the need to get used to it. It was listed in the ads that for overtaking a sudden depress of accelerator would lead to downshifting and give the extra torque for the overtaking maneuver. Tried couple of times but that day I guess it had a mind of its own. This is when i fell in love with the manual mode.
Old 30th May 2015, 23:20   #86
BANNED

We just got out K10 AMT delivery now.

A great experience and a nervous drive back home (18 kms). Got her filled-up with fuel and home!

As per he VIN code - 'EF' (Month code - E = May; Year code - F = 2015).

A few pictures, pardon me for the quality. Shall upload better pictures in the review.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-img_20150530_203440.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-speedo.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-ac-amt.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-badging.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 09:23   #87
BHPian

Quote:
We just got out K10 AMT delivery now. A great experience and a nervous drive back home (18 kms). Got her filled-up with fuel and home!
Congrats Anurag. I am seeing a lot of fire brick Alto K10's in Chennai. Wish you a great ownership experience. Drive safe.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 11:38   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post

Congrats Anurag. I am seeing a lot of fire brick Alto K10's in Chennai. Wish you a great ownership experience. Drive safe.
Thank you sir.

I love the way the Red looks overall. Shall try to get used to the AMT as I have been driving only MT cars with absolutely no experience in AT cars.

It is quite maddening and sometimes panicking to not find the clutch lever and a gear lever. All it is, is D to N and N to D. Haven't tried Manual mode yet.

But performance is fantastic for a car if this size.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 12:02   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It is quite maddening and sometimes panicking to not find the clutch lever and a gear lever. All it is, is D to N and N to D. Haven't tried Manual mode yet.

But performance is fantastic for a car if this size.
Congrats on the purchase and all the best. Looking forward to the detailed review.

Once you get used to the AT and then drive a MT, your feeling well be the other extreme. You suddenly reduce speed, engine rpm falls and for a second you will wonder- why is it not shifting down. Then it will take a second to remember- Oh I need to do it myself
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 12:36   #90
BHPian

Quote:
We just got out K10 AMT delivery now.
Congrats for the delivery of your Alto KMT and it looks good in red and worth your waiting time. We are all expecting the ownership review and lot of DIY on your new car.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks