Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:51   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
My friend , I just called up one of the random showroom- Place Gachibowli - discount is applicable to both cases ----- exchange or brand new purchase.
Minimum discount for sure a customer can benefit for Bolt -- Rs33000.
So Bolt xm model on road price in todays date is 6.4lakhs - rs33000 = would be your discounted price.
The guy also said if you are an corporate employee , can drag the discount to Rs40000.
Few days back I had called up another dealership in Pune (Concorde) for the discount offer. And I received somewhat same response as the Pandits. I can get a discount of max 15000 (new purchase) and a corporate discount of 3000.
The so called 44000 discount is only applicable in case of exchanges.
If Tata really wants to get the Bolts moving, they should ask their dealerships to accommodate as well.

On a lighter but serious note, Pune dealerships and RTOs typically play their own song it seems, which is heavily sedated with "table-transactions" across all levels.
Old 8th May 2017, 12:58   #527
Senior - BHPian

I sold by 2015 August and 11750kms run Bolt XE for 3.25 L a month back. I could have haggled for maybe 5-10k more but I was looking for a quick sale since I was moving abroad.

The car had 2 reasonably well sized dents on both rear doors.

Overall I am not too disappointed with the resale because anyone who buys a Tata car knows what they are getting into.
Old 30th July 2017, 10:41   #528
BHPian

I'm starting to see white Bolt XE's with commercial plates. My only wish would have been that tata either detunes the engine or takes away the sport mode atleast on these commercial plate versions. Some of the cab drivers are near suicidal behind the wheel and the bolt is one potent weapon. I ended up scolding one of the drivers of a bolt and when he kept acting like he hadn't done anything wrong, I ended up removing his key from his car and threw it into the bushes in a nearby park. Told him he shouldn't be driving since he does not know how to drive.

PS: if this guy was driving in anything but sport mode, i should get myself a bolt as well. Despite being a tata fanboy i have not bought a tata yet. their dealership experience is still not upto the mark. while they brought a tiago for test drive from across the city, no one responded to a test drive request for the nano for 5 months. :(

Last edited by JagMan : 30th July 2017 at 10:48.
Old 30th July 2017, 10:54   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
I'm starting to see white Bolt XE's with commercial plates. My only wish would have been that tata either detunes the engine or takes away the sport mode atleast on these commercial plate versions. Some of the cab drivers are near suicidal behind the wheel and the bolt is one potent weapon. I ended up scolding one of the drivers of a bolt and when he kept acting like he hadn't done anything wrong, I ended up removing his key from his car and threw it into the bushes in a nearby park. Told him he shouldn't be driving since he does not know how to drive.

PS: if this guy was driving in anything but sport mode, i should get myself a bolt as well.
I hate to be writing admonishing posts but what you did is outright hooligan behavior. Don't be surprised if in your next confrontation with a cabbie, someone goes one step further with you. Righteousness does not give you or anyone else a license for rowdyism. Sorry.

Consider enrolling in anger management classes, or revisiting the tenets of civic behavior as well. Let us be the change we wish to be in society.

Please consider reading the Road rage thread every single day till such urge passes.
phamilyman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 10:59   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I hate to be writing admonishing posts but what you did is outright hooligan behavior. Don't be surprised if in your next confrontation with a cabbie, someone goes one step further with you. Righteousness does not give you or anyone else a license for rowdyism. Sorry.

Consider enrolling in anger management classes, or revisiting the tenets of civic behavior as well. Let us be the change we wish to be in society.

Please consider reading the Road rage thread every single day till such urge passes.
Oh, I absolutely agree. I've decided to just move closer to work and do away with commuting altogether. :/
Old 30th July 2017, 13:31   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
I'm starting to see white Bolt XE's with commercial plates. My only wish would have been that tata either detunes the engine or takes away the sport mode atleast on these commercial plate versions. ......
Absolutely agree with phamilyman here. What you did was extreme. It could have gotten physical if the cabbie was annoyed beyond his limit. And it is not worth getting into a fight with them - since it is more likely that you have more to lose from this altercation than the cabbie. Next time, just ignore the bad driver and walk away.

Also, one more thing. I see lot of Bolt/Zest Diesels as cabs in Bangalore nowadays. I'm fairly sure that the Diesels don't come with sports mode or the multi-drive mode. That feature is only present for the Petrol (Revotron) variants. The XE and XM diesels variants which are common among yellow-boards come only with 75PS engine (fixed-geometry turbo) while the XT variant comes with 90PS engine (VGT, I think).
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:20   #532
BHPian

I can always praise Bolt Petrol without getting tired.
My family friend went to shirdi this year via Nanded route and their Innova was in messed up condition and spent Rs20000 for repair work.
It seems the service advisor asked, what you guys did with Innova???
Credit goes to Nande's pathetic road condition.

When I went via same road using Bolt to shirdi , we came back in single piece. But I was surprised when i took the car to service centre to check for any problems and they confirmed Car is in perfect condition & nothing to bother. I think odo read 10000km.
Bolt has now clocked 25700km , with 2 shirdi trips and 4 times to tirupati.
My family really loves the car , as it ensures safety and great comfort.

Last week I have upsized my car tyres from 175/65, R14 to 175/70, R14 , so kept everything constant and increased only the aspect ratio and the tyres are Yokohama Earth1. Result increased ground clearance , more comfortable, potholes are ignored to great extent or negligible. Mileage Iam not sure yet but get the same recommended tyre pressures 35 front & 32 rear and I use only Nitrogen gas because they stay that way great intact without leakege for months.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0003_16.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0001_26.jpg  

Last edited by Rama Naveen : 11th September 2017 at 10:23. Reason: Error
Rama Naveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 17:36   #533
BHPian

All,

Ownership Update :
I have completed close to 40K on my Max aka Revotron BOLT. Absolutely no Niggles so far .I Drive the XMS Variant. I moved from Pune to Bangalore but still driving the car. Its been a very easy going ownership till now. Average city Mileage is around 11-12 KMPL in Bangalore city traffic. Highways i get around 15-16 KMPL as most of the time i am in Sports Mode

Absolutely loving the car and now looking for a AT for my daily B2B traffic.
Shabzhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 16:12   #534
BHPian

Considering a Pre-Worshipped Bolt Petrol as a spare car for home. Any reliability issues or specific problems to be very of?
Old 28th May 2018, 15:37   #535
Senior - BHPian

Was just comparing teh top variants of Maruti Suzuki Swift (2018) with Tata Bolt in Dehradun. Thought of including Tata Tiago and Tigor as well, and then I saw the ex-showroom prices of all the 4 cars, they are as follows: Swift (7,29,000), Tata Bolt (6,55,955), Tata Tigor (6,40,008) and Tata Tiago (5,26,635). The top model of Tigor is longer and more feature rich than Bolt (I know one is a 4 cylinder engine, and the other a 3 cylinder), but still is cheaper.

I think Tata Motors should price the Bolt lower in the range of about 6 Lakhs for the top variant in order for it to make more sense and move out of the showrooms, and that would also help to clear the inventory of Bolt from the stocks of Tata Motors and give a "More Car Per Car" feel to car buyers all over again, with the production of Indica and Indigo eCS stopped.

Just my thoughts, no offence to any Bolt owners to prospective buyers.
Old 28th May 2018, 21:05   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I think Tata Motors should price the Bolt lower in the range of about 6 Lakhs for the top variant in order for it to make more sense and move out of the showrooms, and that would also help to clear the inventory of Bolt from the stocks of Tata Motors and give a "More Car Per Car" feel to car buyers all over again, with the production of Indica and Indigo eCS stopped.

Just my thoughts, no offence to any Bolt owners to prospective buyers.
Royalties to Fiat, better engine, cabin space are other factors to consider. Also, I don't think they are unduly worried about the Bolt and the Zest. Both will continue to cater to the taxi segment. Tata will be focussed on the new cars and the Bolt and the Zest will follow the Indica/Indigo way.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 15:59   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Driving the 1.2T Revotron Petrol

The Bolt is powered by the same 1193cc petrol 'Revotron' motor from the Zest. This isn't an all-new engine developed from a clean sheet of paper. It actually uses the familiar cast-iron block of the Indica Xeta, has 2 valves / cylinder and an SOHC valvetrain (competition offers 16V DOHCs). The motor has been extensively reworked though. Developed in-house, this powerplant uses a Honeywell turbocharger and makes 89 BHP (@ 5000 rpm). Interestingly, while the peak torque of 140 Nm is identical to the Zest, it is available in a wider rpm range of 1500 - 4000 (Zest = 1750 to 3500 rpm).
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Royalties to Fiat, better engine, cabin space are other factors to consider. Also, I don't think they are unduly worried about the Bolt and the Zest. Both will continue to cater to the taxi segment. Tata will be focussed on the new cars and the Bolt and the Zest will follow the Indica/Indigo way.
The 1.2 Revotron Petrol I have referred to above is Tata's own brainchild, the Diesel mill is sourced from Fiat and hence royalties have to be given, not for the Petrol motor.

Also on reading the review again from the beginning, I noticed that there was a mention of AMT in the User Manual of Bolt (Page 41 refers to XTA, XMA and XEA variants ; Page 50 refers to Amber color light indicator glowing in the Instrument Custer if there is an AMT Fault ; Page 51 gives a mention of AMT Fault reminder ; Page 141 has mention of XTA and XMA variants of Diesel Bolt in Gross Vehicle Weight and Kerb Weight sections).

Why did we not see any prototypes of these being tested ever, or see them in the production form now that Indians in most big cities or living closer to big busy cities have started adopting these AMT and other Automatic Transmission technologies to give rest to their left foot while driving in start stop traffic?
Old 26th June 2018, 18:43   #538
BHPian

Guys need an input.

What would be the ideal price for a 38k run 2016 Bolt XT Petrol at Bangalore. Car seems to be well maintained. Also any specific niggles/problems I have to check out for a 2016 model. Inputs will help me decide as I am trying to get a Liva or Bolt from used car market.

KK
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:41   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Guys need an input.

What would be the ideal price for a 38k run 2016 Bolt XT Petrol at Bangalore. Car seems to be well maintained. Also any specific niggles/problems I have to check out for a 2016 model. Inputs will help me decide as I am trying to get a Liva or Bolt from used car market.

KK
I am driving a pre owned Bolt XT Petrol for almost a year and a half now. Mine was just 1.5 years old when I got it. It cost me approx 60% of the on road price when i got it from a dealer, which was a real sweet deal for me.

Have covered approx 20K on the same now and no issues so far except the battery going boink and change of brake pads! I have seen reports with the Zest/Bolt twins where the battery seems to die at around 2- 2.5 years mark. So that would be a possible cost.

Everything else has been excellent so far. No untoward expenses, car runs smooth, great ride comfort, great sound system. one thing that you need to note is that the Revotron engines consumes quite a bit of fuel when idling. So if your daily route involves a lot of stop-go traffic, you might get bad FE.

I would say its as good as the Liva, except the FE possibly thats expected as the Bolt is a significantly heavier car and it feels that way, SOLID. You will be pleasantly surprised with the build quality of the Bolt vs the Liva, no comparison literally. Make sure the car has the extended warranty and get the P2P package for normal wear and tear parts. Hope it helps !!
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 01:29   #540

Re: Tata Bolt XT Revotron Ownership review

Well, it's now been 3 years and 21000 kilometers and my Bolt has stood me in good stead, with no major problems but all the niggles associated with Tata cars. Most of my driving has been in the city where the average has been in a range of 11-13 kmpl. My most recent drive to and from the Wagah border and Amritsar (@1000 km) saw an average of 17.8 which would have been even higher where it not for a hellish 3 hour jam from Karnal to Delho on the way back thanks to the week end traffic and bottlenecks thrown up by never ending roadworks. A previous journey to Kasauli last year had unexplained loss of power in hilly areas lasting for very short durations and which could not be replicated at the service centre. Another issue which they are unable to resolve is the smell of petrol on first start every morning.
Other niggling issues that one has come to expect with Tata cars are increasing noise and rattles in cabin, plastic parts breaking off, excessive wearing of tyres, and a jammed key opening mechanism for the rear hatch. The last issue manifested itself just as my Gold AMC got over, not sure if it's covered under the P2P cover that I have taken on its expiry. GOld AMC meant I had almost negligible maintenance costs for 3 years so I cannot speak of such costs till my next review, hopefully at 5 years.
The car has proved to be value for money for the price at which I got it with fabulous seats that provide superior ride comfort, a spacious cabin, fantastic music system, great HVAC with precise controls, and 3 gear modes that come useful in city driving. The absence of reverse assistance, especially in the top-end in the Bolt, where it is available for the Zest is just one of Tata's idiotic cost cutting measures which cost me heavily since I ended up banging against a pillar while reversing and destroying the left tail lamp, but thankfully, that's about the only mishap I've had with the car to date. Fortunately, the service centre also had one last piece in stock..availability of spares being always a worry for a car that has gone out of production.
Tata service centre experience is never consistent, but of late, I find there has been considerable improvement, at least at the Concorde Service Centre I go to. Service quality does go a long way in reducing stress of owning a Tata vehicle, given the all the niggling issues that crop up every now and then, and I speak as a Tata car owner for well over 15 years. This review is, of course, only an academic exercise since Bolts have gone off the market, but given how good the car has proved to be, at least for me, it would only be fair to place it on the record.
cherisam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks