Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 16:15   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_freaky View Post
Good day!

I was earlier looking at a Volvo V40 R-Design but am inching towards the CLA. On road pricing for the CLA Style comes to around 40L while the CLA Sport is around 44L. Any idea when the CKD production kicks in for the CLA Style? The GLA CKD has been slashed by Rs 1.5 Lakhs. Can we expect a better pricing for CLA? Thoughts from the industry personnel would be very helpful. Thanks.
Karthik - bargain hard for some discounts esp if you work at a company. I don't see too many CLAs on the road - infact more B classes.
Old 26th August 2015, 18:56   #77
BHPian

Re: Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Does'nt seem to be on cards till first quarter next year, got this information from a sales representative at T&T motors, delhi.
Spoke to my dealer today. Their CBU stocks are selling out and CKD productions are about to start. So I am going to wait for the CKD pricing for the CLA Style (Hoping they would add Leather Seats - Fabric seats in this segment is unthinkable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Karthik - bargain hard for some discounts esp if you work at a company. I don't see too many CLAs on the road - infact more B classes.
I was also surprised to see a splurge of B Classes running around. Guess its booming late. Coming to discounts, both BMW and Mercedes are fed up with the huge discounts offered by Audi. Mercedes are giving a discount of 1 Lakh for the car and 1 Lakh as loyalty bonus for exchanging your old one. Please let me know if other dealers are giving better discounts.
Old 4th November 2015, 10:34   #78
BHPian

I went to check out the CLA this week and surprisingly found Automatic Climate Control and rear AC vents missing from all the models. Quite disappointing considering it sells for close to 36-37L. Is it the CKD cost cutting initiative?
Old 4th November 2015, 17:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
I went to check out the CLA this week and surprisingly found Automatic Climate Control and rear AC vents missing from all the models. Quite disappointing considering it sells for close to 36-37L. Is it the CKD cost cutting initiative?
This I found very arrogant of Mercedes. Not only is Climate control missing from CLA, but also from A Class and GLA Class.

Spending upwards of Rs30 Lacs and a missing feature that has now become standard in sub Rs10 Lac cars is unforgivable.

Also, Mercedes (as per pictures in reviews) press cars have been different version with ACC, while regular production cars have this feature missing.
Old 4th November 2015, 18:01   #80
BHPian

Not sure if the top end CLA sport has ACC or not. I am taking delivery of one next week, shall update.
Old 4th November 2015, 19:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
This I found very arrogant of Mercedes. Not only is Climate control missing from CLA, but also from A Class and GLA Class.

Spending upwards of Rs30 Lacs and a missing feature that has now become standard in sub Rs10 Lac cars is unforgivable.

Also, Mercedes (as per pictures in reviews) press cars have been different version with ACC, while regular production cars have this feature missing.
I test drove the GLA petrol in the month of June 2015 in Delhi. It was a brand new car, having done 1000 kms. Test drove the car extensively.

I was overall very disappointed with the car. As regards the A.C., it was very ineffective. The car had travelled some distance to come to my house. The outside temperature was 42 degrees. Sitting in the front, the cooling was just about adequate. Once I moved to the rear seat, I was actually sweating.

So, in short no ACC, and even then a very ineffective A.C.
Strella is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 16:03   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Not sure if the top end CLA sport has ACC or not. I am taking delivery of one next week, shall update.
Apparently only the CLA45 AMG comes standard with ACC and rear vents. Not that its a deal breaker, its a heart breaker!

Anyways, which color? I really like the black interiors but its not available in mountain grey. I kinda like red, but might be too loud!

Another thing I learnt just now. There is no Harman Kardon audio system either on the CKD. I mean simply wow! So much for the price cut. I am now having serious doubts about going for this car. :(

If I think about the CBU that's again a couple of lacs more!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th November 2015 at 09:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 5th November 2015, 18:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently only the CLA45 AMG comes standard with ACC and rear vents. Not that its a deal breaker, its a heart breaker!

Anyways, which color? I really like the black interiors but its not available in mountain grey. I kinda like red, but might be too loud!
I stuck to white(all my cars are white). If the HK stereo, navigation and illuminated door sills are important to you I would suggest going for the CBU variant. The discounts would be higher on the CBU and they will narrow down the gap to 1-1.5L with a bit of pushing..
Old 10th November 2015, 08:09   #84
BHPian

Took delivery of the CLA200 Sport over the weekend. I havent come across any ownership reviews on site as yet, so will probably land up writing one after a few thousand kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review-img_6382.jpg  

arpandiv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 09:28   #85
BHPian

Looks fantastic! Congrats! And all the best for your future dealer experience
shethsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 11:25   #86
BHPian

Awesome arpandiv, looks amazing!

Could you share a few details about the pricing and dealership experience? Also, Petrol/Diesel, CBU/CKD. Thanks!
Old 10th November 2015, 18:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome arpandiv, looks amazing!

Could you share a few details about the pricing and dealership experience? Also, Petrol/Diesel, CBU/CKD. Thanks!
I bought the car from Shaman in Mumbai. Dealership experience was superb. Apart from the usual discounts and freebies, they are offering a 2.75L nirav modi voucher which gets you a pair of diamond earrings.
Its a Petrol CKD, they dint have the CBU left in white.
Old 17th November 2015, 12:45   #88
BHPian

Finally, after weighing all options - 320D, A4, etc. I've decided to go ahead with the CLA. It was a tough call, with 320D being a close competitor but since its due for a replacement soon, it sort of got self eliminated. Though I loved the test-drive.

I am taking the Petrol CKD version and its coming out to be around 33-34L, thanks mainly to the UK registration (5%) and 2.6L discount. Also, they've thrown in a decent Raymond Weil watch along with some nice headphones.

As for the color, I am leaning towards RED though its a contest with Silver. I feel red would standout more on this car than any other. Or is it too loud?! Am 31, so probably this would be the last chance I'd have owning this color except maybe a Ferrari when am 50

I would take the delivery next week and keep you guys posted. Cheers!
Old 17th November 2015, 15:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for the color, I am leaning towards RED though its a contest with Silver. I feel red would standout more on this car than any other. Or is it too loud?!
Congrats! Go for the CLA in Red; the car oozes sex appeal and style, it deserves a color that is as beautiful as it. Silver, for all its positives, is a neutral color and will not suit the car as well.

Congrats again, and do put up pics later.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:36   #90
BHPian

Monaro - congrats!
I'd say go for white with the black top - looks classy on my c class.
And good luck with your red Ferrari (I'd say go for yellow!)
shethsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks