Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 11:07   #616
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
From the pictures, it looks like your camera/screen is not able to reverse the image (like a mirror image). In this case, you would be actually seeing your car's left-side objects on the right part of the screen. Can you please check and confirm.
The image is a mirror image as you see on the RVM. For example if someone stands on the right side of the car he is visible on the right side of the screen. Number plates of vehicles appear as a mirror image. I guess all reverse cameras are set like that.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 17:48   #617
BHPian

Got a new accessory installed today. This is the electric boot lid opening facility. I had been searching for this unit for a long time. Inquired with KHT Motors, Prerana Motors and Concorde Motors. Concorde agreed to fix it for 2000 while the others quoted 2500. So went with Concorde and in the end bill was charged for 1750.

The unit is from Autocop XS which includes a single actuator to be installed in the boot door(like the one present in the normal central lock systems) and a control box. The control box connects to the existing remote lock control box. The wire from the control box to the actuator installed in the boot door is routed through the roof trim. To open the boot door one has to press the unlock key on the remote once, then twice in succession. It works both when the engine is running or switched off.

The unit comes with 1 year warranty and is a TATA Original Part. The same unit comes installed in the GenX Celebration Edition.
alphahere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 22:04   #618
BHPian

The Nano does not come with child lock on the rear doors, which is a major safety lapse in my opinion. Is it possible to have these installed as an after market accessory? Or even better, does Tata provide this as an official accessory?
Old 15th November 2015, 13:33   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Is it possible to have these installed as an after market accessory? Or even better, does Tata provide this as an official accessory?
From the accessory list's that I can recollect from various dealership, I don't recall any one having a mention of this and nor does the Nano website, makes a note of the same. So I am afraid, you might have to evaluate the after-market options. In case you do find one, please do post over here. I am sure, a whole lot of (prospective/current) owners would be interested.
Old 15th November 2015, 13:53   #620
BHPian

So folks,
after weeks of wandering through all the Nano threads, Youtube video reviews, annoying the heck out of Nano owners on this thread I've finally made my booking with Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road. Yesterday (14th Nov, 2015), I walked-in to the dealership to meet Mr.Ranganath in person (dad had been there on the previous day). After having interacted with him for over 2hours, I can see why so many of the forum-members have vouched for this dealership. It might be a little premature for me to draw a verdict, but yes Mr.Ranganath is thorough-bred professional. He can be brutally candid but then I guess, as a prospective customer this is what I've come to like about him.

Best part is, he doesn't try force upon you any of his opinions or sales-pitch and wouldn't speak a word, clarify a doubt on area's outside his frame of reference. I had some doubts with respects to accessories, their pricing as well as the AMC part. He marched in the right set of folks who were qualified enough to answer my queries to the best - Mr.Mansoor for accessories part, Mr. Karthik for some after-sales part & Mr. Srinivas for the AMC part.

I chose Prerana over Concorde for two obvious reasons
  1. The after-sales - feedback that I've been receiving over here as well as elsewhere indicates that Prerana's Service Centre's at Kudlu Gate & Peenya employs seasoned mechanics. The after-sales part has always been my biggest apprehension for going with a TML product. At this point in time, I've been assured of being put across the right set of folks at these Service Centre's
  2. Ofcourse, I got a better deal over Concorde

The delivery is set to be sometime in February, 2016 but that's primarily because I've deliberately requested for 2016 Model. In the end, I would only like to say that if anyone is interested in TML product, they probably should give this dealership, Mr.Ranganath & his team, a chance to serve you before putting down your hard-earned money (I've no monetary affiliation with Prerana Motors or Mr.Ranganath nor have I been paid to write this down or offered any deep discount - infact, there was absolutely no discount, not even the Corporate discount). Since the delivery is so late down the line, every details of the transaction has been provided to me in written form. The OTR remains vulnerable in case TML chooses a price hike or the gains, in case TML chooses to offer anything (discount/offer) in the month of February, 2016 - I've been well educated of the same by Mr.Ranganath. They are also well-aware of a typical team-bhpian's buying modus-operandi and have willfully agreed to co-operate with providing the VIN, PDI & so on. All I am hoping is what has started on such a positive note, remains that way through-out my ownership.

Now to the more relevant things
Make & Model: Nano GenX XTA - 2016
Color: Sangria Red
Ex-Showroom: Rs.304989/-
Life Tax: Rs.44010/-
Handling + Registration charges: Rs.3000/-
Gold AMC(3years/30000KMs): Rs.5885/-
Discount (if any): Rs.0/-

Booking Amount: Rs.25000/-

I'll be availing insurance outside the dealership since my previous Insurer (Future Generali) has agreed to transfer my NCB from my previous car as well as offer me a very good pricing for bumper-to-bumper Zero Depreciation (with a whole lot of add-on's such as Engine Protector, Return to Invoice & so on) & I've had good experience with them in the past. Hence I see no reason for shifting my loyalties. And yes, thanks to all those fellow bhpians such as sairamboko, gowda79, gods-envy, arvindmanju, uday.ere & alphahere who have been instrumental (& more important, patient with my queries) in helping me arrive at this.

And now, the wait starts...
tabrez is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:53   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
From the accessory list's that I can recollect from various dealership, I don't recall any one having a mention of this and nor does the Nano website, makes a note of the same. So I am afraid, you might have to evaluate the after-market options. In case you do find one, please do post over here. I am sure, a whole lot of (prospective/current) owners would be interested.
Thanks, but is it even possible to have rear door child locks installed as an after market accessory?
Old 16th November 2015, 11:10   #622
BHPian

Hi Guys! After months of contemplating, after reading countless reviews and opinions, I decided to go for the Nano. I'm a VW person at heart and this was a real tough decision for me to make. Booked this car for my wife.

Booked at Aadya Motors, Bangalore. I was informed that there is a waiting period of 2 months min, for the XTA. I went ahead with the XT mode at an ex-showroom price of 2.6L and got a 15k cash discount too.

Will keep you guys posted on the same, as things unfold.
dextertuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 14:31   #623
BHPian

Quote:
I've finally made my booking
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post
I decided to go for the Nano.
Congrats tabrez and dextertuned on your bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Thanks, but is it even possible to have rear door child locks installed as an after market accessory?
I too have a similar apprehension and have given my feedback in all the test drive feedback requests (not sure if this actually makes any difference).

In fact even during the unveiling of the Twist last year, I had discussed with the TML executive who had come over for the inauguration ceremony and put forth very strongly on how they could ignore such an important safety requirement. Especially in a city car, rear door child lock is THE most needed feature.

I would recommend going in for central locking to get one extra layer of security.
Old 17th November 2015, 14:01   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes, thanks to all those fellow bhpians such as sairamboko, gowda79, gods-envy, arvindmanju, uday.ere & alphahere who have been instrumental (& more important, patient with my queries) in helping me arrive at this.

And now, the wait starts...
As a Senior Bhpian we see to that you people are guided properly and do get good service and do not suffer.
gowda79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 07:20   #625
BHPian

Quote:
They are also well-aware of a typical team-bhpian's buying modus-operandi and have willfully agreed to co-operate with providing the VIN, PDI & so on. All I am hoping is what has started on such a positive note, remains that way through-out my ownership.
Congratulations on the choice!

Just for information let me share my experience with Prerana Motors Lalbagh Road which was not very good. I had decided to book my first nano twist in August 2014 and I walked into their Kudlu Gate service station to inquire about it. They were very professional about it and even though there was no sales front there they gave me a test drive of a demo vehicle. On saying that I needed my wife to see the car and I will bring her here during the weekend, the executive was extra helpful and took down my address. He assured that he would bring another car to my home for one more test drive and there was no need for me to come to them. And he did bring it on Saturday morning!

That Saturday I immediately shelled out the booking amount and was assured that the car would be ready for delivery in a maximum of 3 days. As promised they called me on Monday to collect my documents and the car was registered same day. Tuesday they called for any accessories and I made my choices and was informed of the balance total payment. The amount was transferred immediately to their account and they called back to give confirmation. I was pleased with their really professional approach. Had never seen people with so much commitment especially when it comes to TATA. I got another call from them on Wednesday morning and by afternoon I was a happy owner of a sparkling and good looking nano twist XT in Dazzle Blue colour!

Now comes the disturbing part. As you may have noticed, till I got the car, I never even bothered to see it. And being a nano I did not think too much about a PDI check before registration (that is my bad!). Since I had opted for alloys, the steel rims were placed in the boot. On reaching home and taking out these from the boot, I noticed that the inside part of these rims were coated with dirt as if the car had been driven for long distances multiple times. Did not think too seriously about this that time as it was rainy season.

After a week or so I discovered that the MID was set to trip mode. I pressed the button to get the odo reading and was literally shocked to see 300 km on the odo! So the car was given to me with more than 250 km on the odo. Now the dirt on the wheel rims began to make sense to me. It looked like the car was taken for demo or display purposes (and abused as well probably) and then sold. Moreover, I could hear an incessant rattling from the rear portion of the car from Day 1. The efforts I had to take to get this diagnosed is another story altogether and it was still not fixed after 10 months of ownership and after innumerable trips to different TASS. I had come to the conclusion that the rattle was caused by some structural defect/deformity on the body of the car.

It was at that time the GenX AMT was launched and I decided to dispose off the twist and go for the GenX AMT. Even though I had brought my concerns regarding the twist to the attention of the Sales Manager (do not remember his name) at Prerana Motors, there was no follow up even though he promised more info on what the real scene was. I remember the accessories guy Mr Mansoor was also present while I was talking to the Manager and I am sure they remember my case even now. And since I was already running behind the GenX, I let it slip by..My GenX was taken from KHT Motors and this time round I made sure that I saw and inspected the actual car in the yard before the registration was done. And I have to say that I am happy with my purchase this time as I have got a flawless piece delivered to me with just 12 km on the odo!
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 08:07   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
They were very professional about it and even though there was no sales front there they gave me a test drive of a demo vehicle.
Now the way I look at it, this itself doesn't sound very good to me. How could a service station offer a Test-Drive when up until a few months ago some of the dealership too didn't have a XTA TD vehicle. Unless perhaps, coincidentally the TD vehicle was in for a service on the day you walked-in.

Quote:
And being a nano I did not think too much about a PDI check before registration (that is my bad!)
Guess we sometimes learn things only the hard-way

Quote:
After a week or so I discovered that the MID was set to trip mode. I pressed the button to get the odo reading and was literally shocked to see 300 km on the odo!
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Alpha. Handing over a Demo car to customer with 250-kms on Odo is obnoxious. Since this was Sales related, did you escalate this to Mr.Ranganath ? or at-least brought it to his notice. This thread is personally monitored by the man himself.
Old 18th November 2015, 09:36   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Now the way I look at it, this itself doesn't sound very good to me. How could a service station offer a Test-Drive when up until a few months ago some of the dealership too didn't have a XTA TD vehicle.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Alpha. Handing over a Demo car to customer with 250-kms on Odo is obnoxious. Since this was Sales related, did you escalate this to Mr.Ranganath ? or at-least brought it to his notice. This thread is personally monitored by the man himself.
This experience with Prerana was in 2014 when I bought my first nano. So it was not an XTA but an XT. I later sold the XT and got XTA recently from KHT.

Yes, this was brought to the Sales Managers notice later maybe after 8 months. I had already decided to sell the car by then and get the XTA. Why I did not escalate this earlier is because of the following reason. I had limitations on enforcing my stand because there was no proof that the car had done 250 kms before being given to me. You see, nano has a facility to reset the odo to zero once during lifetime if the reading is below 500 km or so. This was accidentally triggered by me in the first week itself after I saw the 300 kms reading on the odo. Long pressing the mode button when the odo reading is displayed will reset it back to zero.

So I had to let it go as I was careless about doing the PDI of the car but yes, this is proof enough for me and any other visitors of this thread that they do things like these if we as customers are not careful. As a matter of fact I think this would apply to any car dealer. Also I made it clear to the Sales Manager at Prerana that he is losing out on my purchase of XTA and maybe another customer or two because of this fiasco (whether he cares about it or not I don't know).

Last edited by alphahere : 18th November 2015 at 09:37.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 20:55   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
the wait was hardly a month.
.will post them once i get it delivered.
Nanolover, did you get your Nano as promised, your initial views and pics would help, how does it compare with your earlier Nano.
Cheers
Uday
Old 20th November 2015, 08:46   #629
BHPian

Pics of persian rose as promised...detailed review later !
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0060.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0061.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0062.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0063.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0064.jpg  

Nanolover is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 08:59   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Pics of persian rose as promised...detailed review later !
So in addition to the "Y"-spoke alloy upgrade, did you opt for any other additional accessories ? Asking because in-case you found value in any of the offering then I might as well get it added to my list. Any AMC package availed ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks