Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 06:25   #601
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post

I do find the accessory pricing to be on the higher side in comparison to what the other bhpians have reported.

Now I have a question to the fellow owners with respect to the service intervals & schedules.
Yes the accessories price list is sort of inflated but that could be just due to the demand. You could try bargaining a bit. I procured my Y spoke black alloy wheels for about Rs 12000 including installation from Prerana Lalbagh Road after a bit of haggling. Had bought my car from KHT Motors Domlur but alloys were not available with them. The on road price that I paid for the car is about Rs 3.61 lakh including 2 year silver AMC.

The service intervals quoted are spot on. If you are happy with it then nothing like it!

Regarding the brakes, it really is not an issue unless you pass through flooded B'lore roads. Normal driving you get used to them pretty quickly. A firm push (not touch!) is all that's required. Nothing that anyone's foot cannot handle!

Now after driving through waterlogged roads, you cannot predict which direction the car will drag when the brakes are applied. A newbie driving the car this time will be in an unwelcome situation because if corrective action is not taken it will end up somewhere off the road or cause an accident. Request every nano user to please take note of this and drive accordingly in wet weather and communicate the same to all other users as well.

About the overall performance of the car, I have been using it for the past 4 months and 6000 kms. The AMT is working flawlessly and the suspension is excellent through potholed roads. A muted thud is all that filters through into the cabin. There is no need to flinch when a bad patch of road suddenly appears out of nowhere! Pretty good for a car running on puny 12" wheels. Body roll and understeer are controlled and not unpredictable. Can whip through turns confidently at all speeds that are not insane. Overall I'm having a good time with the car as I am yet to identify any niggles though a few quality issues do exist. Kudos to TATA for finally making the nano what it should have been from day one!

Last edited by alphahere : 8th November 2015 at 06:27.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 12:16   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Service interval mentioned is correct. I have it in my manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
The service intervals quoted are spot on. If you are happy with it then nothing like it!
Thanks for confirming the same folks. It's good to see that Nano has service intervals mimicking that of the Europeans - goes a long way in building Customer confidence in the product. On a similar note, would you guys mind revealing any charges that were levied during your free services (despite having availed the AMC package) ? Which service station do you generally prefer ?

Quote:
Regarding the brakes, the TD vehicle is the most abused and therefore the brakes are ineffective. In my nano, the brakes are sufficient and it doesn't give me any surprises.
This addresses one of my biggest concerns Sai from the Test Drive. Even Govardhan cited the same reason as it being an abused TD vehicle

Quote:
Regarding the brakes, it really is not an issue unless you pass through flooded B'lore roads. Normal driving you get used to them pretty quickly.
Quote:
Now after driving through waterlogged roads, you cannot predict which direction the car will drag when the brakes are applied. A newbie driving the car this time will be in an unwelcome situation because if corrective action is not taken it will end up somewhere off the road or cause an accident.
Thanks for the insight Alpha - I will make it point to impart this while getting my wife trained on the XTA.

Quote:
Yes the accessories price list is sort of inflated but that could be just due to the demand.
The accessories manager stationed at Concorde, Dairy Circle cited that TATA has recently hiked the price list, can't be sure of the veracity though.

Quote:
I procured my Y spoke black alloy wheels for about Rs 12000 including installation from Prerana Lalbagh Road after a bit of haggling.
The same person went on to claim that TATA has discontinued the Y spoke & only V shape are being provided. I suppose in that case a visit to Prerana LalBagh is mandatory, prior to me putting down the booking amount.

Quote:
About the overall performance of the car, I have been using it for the past 4 months and 6000 kms. The AMT is working flawlessly and the suspension is excellent through potholed roads. A muted thud is all that filters through into the cabin. There is no need to flinch when a bad patch of road suddenly appears out of nowhere! Pretty good for a car running on puny 12" wheels. Body roll and understeer are controlled and not unpredictable. Can whip through turns confidently at all speeds that are not insane. Overall I'm having a good time with the car as I am yet to identify any niggles though a few quality issues do exist
This is the crown-jewel of your response - a candid feedback from a owner who has been using the car as a daily driver & the most that new buyers such as me value knowing. So I am safely presuming that this iteration of the NANO with the new gearbox & whole lot of techno-wizardry has still resulted in a fairly reliable car. I just hope that I won't have to repent for having gone with it versus it's closest competitor (Alto K10 AMT).
Old 9th November 2015, 19:15   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I have purchased my Nano in 2013 from Prerana motors Lalbag road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
They are very helpful and knowledgeable people; I agree with Gowda79, I have had very good experiences with them, for my Safari as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
people in Prerna are well trained by Tata and will help you out in getting the same.

Been dealing with them since long and appreciate the promptness of the showroom people.

Coming to Pre-Sales & After Sales with all the TASS follow a good rapport with the service guys and you will get good service and happy motoring with Tata Vehicles.
Thanks arvindmanju, gods-envy & gowda79, its nice to know your feedback on the Showroom experience. Agree that having a good personal rapport with the service folks goes a long way in having a stress-free ownership experience.

Any good contacts in the service centers at Prerana? Are they as good as the sales experience you all had?
Old 9th November 2015, 19:29   #604
BHPian

One of my colleagues, who purchased a Nano XTA from Prerana, has had a good service experience with them too. His Nano was amongst the first batches to be delivered. The car went into limp mode after a few days, which the guys promptly identified to do with a sensor mounted over the engine cooling fan at the tail end. It was not a part that commonly fails, but the same was swiftly flown in from Pune, with priority. Both car and owner are a very happy lot now :-) Hope this helps fortify your decision.
dkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 19:40   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thanks arvindmanju, gods-envy & gowda79, its nice to know your feedback on the Showroom experience. Agree that having a good personal rapport with the service folks goes a long way in having a stress-free ownership experience.

Any good contacts in the service centers at Prerana? Are they as good as the sales experience you all had?

They have service centre in Peenya & Kudlu Gate and they have a good service guys and the engineers are experienced folks with more than 15yrs.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 14:59   #606
BHPian

My wife's Nano AMT has arrived at the dealers. It is the rare Persian rose colour with the black interior. Will get the car on Saturday. Will post pics of the same.

Our current 2010 yellow nano still going strong although deligated to ferrying kids to school now.
Nanolover is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 20:12   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Accessories list:
Is the GenX Nano's accessories list available online anywhere? Checked with Concorde and their reply was not so satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
Reverse Camera+Sensors+Mirror display: Rs.8500/-
Is this a genuine Nano accesory or an after market accessory? How will this be installed with the rear engine setup? I asked about this to my SA at Concorde and I was told that installing a rear camera was not advisable with the engine being at the rear. How will this be done without drilling holes in the rest bumper?
Old 11th November 2015, 22:42   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Is the GenX Nano's accessories list available online anywhere? Checked with Concorde and their reply was not so satisfying.
You could check this link for the list of Twist accessories. Most of them are carried forward for the GenX as well.
http://www.tatanano.com/accessories.html

Quote:
I asked about this to my SA at Concorde and I was told that installing a rear camera was not advisable with the engine being at the rear. How will this be done without drilling holes in the rest bumper?
Would be keen to know if anyone else has this rear camera set-up installed and what was the process followed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
My wife's Nano AMT has arrived at the dealers. It is the rare Persian rose colour with the black interior. Will get the car on Saturday. Will post pics of the same.
Congrats on the arrival of your new Nano, Nanolover. Wishing your family many many miles of smiles. Which dealer is this and how long did you have to wait post booking, any accessories planned? I guess you are the first Persian Rose owner on the forum, so pics of your ride would be eagerly anticipated.
Old 12th November 2015, 04:13   #609
BHPian

Quote:

Is this a genuine Nano accesory or an after market accessory? How will this be installed with the rear engine setup? I asked about this to my SA at Concorde and I was told that installing a rear camera was not advisable with the engine being at the rear. How will this be done without drilling holes in the rest bumper?
I have install the reverse camera - the Rs.8500. It's an after market accessory. It works fine. I think the SA is not a knowledgeable one.
Old 12th November 2015, 08:59   #610
BHPian

Quote:
You could check this link for the list of Twist accessories. Most of them are carried forward for the GenX as well.
http://www.tatanano.com/accessories.html

Would be keen to know if anyone else has this rear camera set-up installed and what was the process followed?

Congrats on the arrival of your new Nano, Nanolover. Wishing your family many many miles of smiles. Which dealer is this and how long did you have to wait post booking, any accessories planned? I guess you are the first Persian Rose owner on the forum, so pics of your ride would be eagerly anticipated.
Quote:

Hello. I have installed the Rs.8500 reverse camera. I dont know how it was installed as the accessories were fitted before delivery.

Here are the photos:

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-reverse.jpg
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20151031_221504.jpg

Other accessories I have installed from the dealer itself:

Mobile holder:
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20151106_142603.jpg

Neck Pillow:
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20151106_052427.jpg

I hope this helps.
sairamboko is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 09:24   #611
BHPian

the wait was hardly a month...had booked the purple one and they called me a week ago saying they have a persian rose in transit...so i told them to block that for me...its oct 2015 make. dealer is mohandas motors, trivandrum.

the seat fabric for persian rose is different from other gen x nanos...it has nano written all over on the door trims...will post them once i get it delivered.
Old 12th November 2015, 23:04   #612
BHPian

Quote:
I have installed the Rs.8500 reverse camera.
Thanks Sai for the pics. Are the guidelines in the reverse camera display dynamic? meaning do they change with a change in the steering input?

Have you opted for the rear power window switch addition?
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 06:22   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sai for the pics. Are the guidelines in the reverse camera display dynamic? meaning do they change with a change in the steering input?

Have you opted for the rear power window switch addition?
Yes the reverse camera is display dynamic. They do change with steering input and there is an audio output also. It turn on only when the reverse gear is used. I didnt opt for the rear power window switches.
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 06:54   #614
BHPian

Quote:

I have got a reverse camera(not sensors/beepers) installed on my XTA. Pics are already there here. I got it done from outside because TASS was quoting high prices. Its basically a simple affair. The power is taken from the reverse lamps by tapping wire. The rest of the wires are routed through the car beneath the carpet to the display in front. At that time I was not aware of a dedicated power output provided for reverse accessories. So the installer tapped the power from the reverse lamp. In reality even this is not required because a power point is provided inside the boot for camera/sensors which comes alive when the car is in reverse gear!! So my suggestion to all who plan to get these accessories done would be to make use of this power point.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 10:51   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... So decided to get a reverse camera installed before falling into some serious trouble.
From the pictures, it looks like your camera/screen is not able to reverse the image (like a mirror image). In this case, you would be actually seeing your car's left-side objects on the right part of the screen. Can you please check and confirm.

Most Viewed