Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 16:24   #721
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_aravind View Post
Congratulations! to both of you! Waiting to hear your experiences on the car. Did Anyone get a discount on the XTA?
Not a single penny as discount. They did not give any accessory as a freebie either. I had to pay for even the mud flaps.
Old 25th December 2015, 17:20   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakha_bhau View Post
- Horn is puny, sounds like an early two-wheeler, although someone here has managed to fit a more beefy aftermarket one, i will read through the post to find out.
I have Hella RedGrills fitted on my Nano Twist XT. Installed this with a relay and been using it for almost a year now. No issues so far (touchwood!).
Driving on highways has become much more comfortable with these.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 18:53   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Not a single penny as discount. They did not give any accessory as a freebie either. I had to pay for even the mud flaps.
Yes that is right no discounts here in Pune with any of the dealers though after giving a copy of a lower quote from Pandit auto here in Pune Concorde motors did match their quote. I paid :
Base price - 309895
INSURANCE - 13407
RTO - 28891
Handling - 3000
Gold AMC - 11000
Black Alloy - 15700
MudFlap+Mat - 1450

Total : - 382773

By the way it has been one week since we have been riding the Nano and one experience we have had so far is that the suspension is hard compared to other cars. Now there are pros and cons of this, cons are on smooth concrete roads the car bounces a lot, but on bad and potholed roads i.e. most roads in India the car almost glides over probably due to the independant suspension, so rather than avoiding the potholes i take great pleasure in aiming my nano at them and enjoy the experience

One great concern though is the wife is complaining that she had a lot of lower back pain thanks to no lumber support. Now i did not face any such problems but she does and has refused to drive the car until i do something about it, so friends what is your experience especially the women in this group, i would love to hear if any one of you has made any modifications to the seat etc. to get a more comfortable ride.

Another niggle is that they did not give me an extra keyless remote fob, the concorde SA said only one can be activated at a time or some such nonsense, now that is a very lame excuse, did any other Sister/Brother here on BHP posses an extra remote and if yes how did you get it? I mean did you get it from the dealership? How is the experience with the extra remote so far?

Also for the remote trunk opener the SA said that they have problems with that and it is better not to take that, what is the experience of the folks here.

Thanks a ton.
Old 26th December 2015, 02:15   #724
BHPian

Quote:

Another niggle is that they did not give me an extra keyless remote fob, the concorde SA said only one can be activated at a time or some such nonsense, now that is a very lame excuse, did any other Sister/Brother here on BHP posses an extra remote and if yes how did you get it? I mean did you get it from the dealership? How is the experience with the extra remote so far?

Thanks a ton.
Hi sakha bhau,

I got a second remote control from the dealership.
After ordering it I had too wait about a week.
Total cost was about Rs. 2200.00 including pairing the new remote with the car.
I felt that was rather expensive for a Nano, but what to do??
The second remote works just fine.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 07:52   #725
BHPian

Quote:

Now there are pros and cons of this, cons are on smooth concrete roads the car bounces a lot, but on bad and potholed roads i.e. most roads in India the car almost glides over probably due to the independant suspension, so rather than avoiding the potholes i take great pleasure in aiming my nano at them and enjoy the experience

I am maintaining 26/28psi for the front and rear tyres and check that on a fortnightly basis. Nano's suspension is very sensitive to tyre pressure and if its not maintained then you will find degradation in braking as well as ride. Also avoid hitting potholes at speed because that may cause unnecessary damages to the front suspension and to the wheel bearings.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 11:25   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi sakha bhau,

I got a second remote control from the dealership.
After ordering it I had too wait about a week.
Total cost was about Rs. 2200.00 including pairing the new remote with the car.
I felt that was rather expensive for a Nano, but what to do??
The second remote works just fine.

Regards,
SS
suzuki_san thanks a ton, i will go back to the dealership and demand a second remote and quote that the pairing has worked fine for you. I mean what a lame excuse they gave that too in 2015 to say only one remote can be paired.
Old 26th December 2015, 11:30   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_T_A Rose View Post
Hello BHPians, my first post on this wonderful forum, and I want to share that after a wait of nearly 3-4 weeks and having considered a few other AMT options in the market, we brought home a Nano AMT earlier this week. Was an enjoyable experience all along, right from booking to PDI to vehicle delivery (all handled by BHPian hubby of course). Will share more as we go along and add miles to the small wonder.
Hello X_T_A Rose, do you face any back problems when riding the car? My wife keeps complaining that she had a lot of lower back pain and obviously she does not want to drive the car any more. She is 5'5" and has to pull the seat all the way to the front while riding. If you are not facing any issues then would love to hear if you have made any modifications like adding a pillow or a backrest to get some lumber support.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Old 26th December 2015, 13:11   #728
BHPian

Quote:
suzuki_san thanks a ton, i will go back to the dealership and demand a second remote and quote that the pairing has worked fine for you. I mean what a lame excuse they gave that too in 2015 to say only one remote can be paired.
Hi sakha_bhau,

I agree. You must have at least one decent showroom in Poona. I got mine done in Goa which has probably the worst Tata service in the country apart from the one in Margao where I go. It is a 110 Km round trip but I have no option. In fact the hefty charges were for the pairing rather than the remote and I am using both the remotes on a rotational basis.
Regards,
SS
Old 26th December 2015, 16:00   #729
BHPian

I just reached chennai from Bangalore. Took me 6.5 hours . The ac stopped working after reaching vellore. Luckily I was near a Tata service station. They checked and told it's a thermostat problem and the dashboard needs to be opened to fix it. For time being they asked me to switch ac for half hour and then it will work . The problem is thermostat is freezing. The bottom of the dashboard has water leaking because of this. For now ac is working for an hour and then it stops. There is only sound. I will take it to the service Center after I come back to Bangalore
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 16:55   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I just reached chennai from Bangalore. Took me 6.5 hours . The ac stopped working after reaching vellore. Luckily I was near a Tata service station. They checked and told it's a thermostat problem and the dashboard needs to be opened to fix it. For time being they asked me to switch ac for half hour and then it will work . The problem is thermostat is freezing. The bottom of the dashboard has water leaking because of this. For now ac is working for an hour and then it stops. There is only sound. I will take it to the service Center after I come back to Bangalore
Seeesh! That's very bad! I assume it will replaced under warranty . Make sure the dashboard is fitted back while you're at the ASS. Technicians are notorious at misaligning and you end up with wide gaps in joints between panels.
Old 26th December 2015, 17:26   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_aravind View Post
Seeesh! That's very bad! I assume it will replaced under warranty . Make sure the dashboard is fitted back while you're at the ASS. Technicians are notorious at misaligning and you end up with wide gaps in joints between panels.

I hope it's not a big issue.

Is vst motors in Tnagar a reliable one? I am planning to visit them on Monday. Any other service Center suggestions near Tnagar chennai ?
Old 27th December 2015, 19:35   #732
BHPian

Quote:

Is vst motors in Tnagar a reliable one? I am planning to visit them on Monday. Any other service Center suggestions near Tnagar chennai ?
T Nagar VST is their sales outlet. Their service centres are in Poonamallee and Perungudi, both are not close to T Nagar. The closest of the two, would be the Perungudi one.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:48   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had the same problem in my Nano. All the technician did was change the thermostat and it took less than 2 minutes and nothing was opened. The thermostat is easily reachable.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:56   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I had the same problem in my Nano. All the technician did was change the thermostat and it took less than 2 minutes and nothing was opened. The thermostat is easily reachable.

Wow! That's good news!! I will check this the first thing tomorrow
Old 28th December 2015, 08:52   #735
BHPian

Any reviews of Tafe reach limited , greams road chennai? I will be visiting them today

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks