Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2024, 12:15   #3286

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyrohit View Post
Hello all,

I own a Honda Jazz V CVT (Model Year 2017) which has recently crossed the 50k km milestone. I would like to share my thoughts about its ownership.
I do have same 2017 Jazz V CVT and am really glad that I went with Jazz compared to Baleno or Celerio.

For engine guard I got it from Cartrends off the market and has been holding well for last 2 years. You can maybe try once.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th May 2024 at 12:31. Reason: Trimming the quoted post for better readability
Aradhya30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 15:27   #3287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaliwal View Post
Hi everyone,
  1. What is the average life of the CVT of the Jazz? I plan to use the car for 5 years/ 50K - can I be 99%+ sure that the CVT will not break on me (subject to regular servicing etc.). Do you personally know of Jazz CVTs with 10 years/ 1.5L with no major repair costs?
  2. I would be requesting the service history of the car - what all line items should I specifically look out for? Are there any issues specific to the 2018-2020 Jazz models?
Basic thing is CVT fluid just be changed according to schedule - 2yrs/40k kms. I guess this is done if the car has been regularly serviced at Honda. But also check the service bills for same.

Second is conduct a stall test for the CVT to see if it's going bad soon -
  1. Apply parking brake
  2. Warm up the engine until the radiator fan comes on
  3. Shift to D and Press the brake firmly. Keeping brakes pressed press the accelerator firmly for 6-8 seconds. Note the engine RPM
  4. Let the car cool down for 2 mins and repeat the same test in R, S modes as well.
The Engine RPM should be 2200RPM and with a service limit of 1950-2700RPM. The closer the engine RPM is towards 2200rpm, the healthier the transmission is. If its closer to the service limit, then it will indicate some failing components such as the transmission fluid pump, valve body etc.

Last edited by audioholic : 14th May 2024 at 15:35.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 17:14   #3288
BHPian

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a 2015/2016 Jazz V/VX I-Vtec, It will be the first car that I will buy with my own money. I test drove it and was very happy with the car overall. At what price can I expect to pick a good example? My location is Gurgaon or Lucknow.
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 20:22   #3289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a 2015/2016 Jazz V/VX I-Vtec, It will be the first car that I will buy with my own money. I test drove it and was very happy with the car overall. At what price can I expect to pick a good example? My location is Gurgaon or Lucknow.
It'll depend on the car's odo reading. A sweet spot would be cars run 40K to 80K
Apart from checking all the listings on brand's pre-owned showrooms (Maruti true Value etc.) a good idea is to get an approx quote from Cars24/ Spinny - how much are they willing to pay for the car. Use this as a reference when negotiating (although you will have to pay some premium over this - owner might prefer to sell to the platforms for the institutional trust and convenience they bring)

~4.5L-5L for a 80k - 100k run car might be reasonable in my opinion
Old 12th June 2024, 11:42   #3290
BHPian

Hello Everyone. I am currently considering a used car as I recently moved to Hyderabad. But I have concerns about the E20 transition that's happening with Petrol . I found out that all Honda cars may actually be E20 compliant since 2009 .
In that case, I feel a used Jazz may be a good value (compared to only getting used mid 2023 plus cars).
Could someone confirm that the Jazz used to be compatible with E20 fuel? Was that true of both post-2020 (BS6) and pre-2020 (BS4) versions?

Last edited by crodjer : 12th June 2024 at 11:47. Reason: Remove unsupported emoji.
Old 22nd June 2024, 21:38   #3291

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Could someone confirm that the Jazz used to be compatible with E20 fuel? Was that true of both post-2020 (BS6) and pre-2020 (BS4) versions?
Yes. Both variants are E20 compatible. No worries.

This is a weird query. I have a Honda Jazz VX from 2017 and it has around 90k on the ODO and is in top shape. I recently fractured my left ankle badly in a motorcycle crash and had surgery. Post surgery I am reluctant to use the clutch since it will put more strain on the “bad” ankle.

So I am hunting for a 2022 CVT Honda Jazz. The only niggle in this is that i cannot live without the magic seats. While most people use it sparingly i am addicted to it. Huge plants in the back well, fold flat beds over really long drives and transporting eveything from washing machines to montain bikes with folded down seats, you name it and i do it. Frequently.

So i plan to swap seats. I will get a ZX CVT with the beige seats and swap it out for my old car’s magic seats. Since i have both magic seats and regular seats available I don’t need to procure parts. I have no warranty on either cars so voiding that isn’t a concern. I am willing to spend money on this problem since it is vital to me.

My query is, has anyone successfully done this swap/mod? I have seen discussions along this line before here but never seen anyone actually pull it off. Is it doable? Or am i going to grind that ankle against the clutch another lakh kilometers? Because between the ankle and the magic seats I’ll unfortunately always choose the seats.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th June 2024 at 09:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Harikrishnan_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 06:39   #3292
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I have owned both the cars, jazz 2009 as well as the post 2015 refresh. Both were e10 & were advertised as such. There was a prominent sticker on the rear windshield as well. The manuals too, specified upto e10.
So I’m not sure about this new claim.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 13:36   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harikrishnan_13 View Post
Yes. Both variants are E20 compatible. No worries.
If that's the case then I can explore any available Jazz (and I imagine WR-V?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I have owned both the cars, jazz 2009 as well as the post 2015 refresh. Both were e10 & were advertised as such. There was a prominent sticker on the rear windshield as well. The manuals too, specified upto e10.
So I’m not sure about this new claim.
This confuses things though. Means I should explicitly verify the presence of a E20 badge. That'd mean this claim isn't correct.

I wonder if I should just go ahead and buy a new car and skip on the savings.
Old 23rd June 2024, 17:24   #3294

Quote:
I wonder if I should just go ahead and buy a new car and skip on the savings.
You should do what gives you mental peace. Honda has specifically said that all their vehicles post 2009 have been made with E20 fuel in mind. Further, E20 fuel is damaging to an extend and even a E20 compliant vehicle would have issues with it in the long run from what i understand. I’d risk it on my Jazz, since I believe honda’s claims.
Harikrishnan_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 07:22   #3295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harikrishnan_13 View Post
You should do what gives you mental peace. Honda has specifically said that all their vehicles post 2009 have been made with E20 fuel in mind. Further, E20 fuel is damaging to an extend and even a E20 compliant vehicle would have issues with it in the long run from what i understand. I’d risk it on my Jazz, since I believe honda’s claims.
I'll look at a few old Honda Jazz and check the list / ask for the owner manual to understand. If it is compatible, I think a rightly priced used Jazz would fit my requirements.
Old 25th June 2024, 10:25   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone. I am currently considering a used car as I recently moved to Hyderabad.

In that case, I feel a used Jazz may be a good value (compared to only getting used mid-2023+ cars).
I own a 2016 Jazz 1.2 i-vtec MT with magic seats having clocked 1 lac kms.

Jazz powertrains
  • 1.2 i-vtec Manual (Slow car needs regular downshifts, average AC cooling and it also kills performance, average fuel efficiency)
  • 1.2 i-vtec Auto (Decent automatic and helps reduce frequent downshift fatigue, comparable fuel efficiency to manual, Still a slow car, Good city car)
  • 1.5 i-dtec Manual (Compared to petrol performance, this engine gives very enjoyable performance and very good fuel efficiency, loud engine noise though, Good highway car)

i-vtec engines are best enjoyed beyond 4000 rpm, which I do frequently at lower gears whenever I see an open patch . If you are alone in car then switch off AC and it will be even more enjoyable.

Jazz has the best interior space management; old people don't face ingress and egress problems, and it has very good boot space as well.

Jazz ride quality is good in front seats, but rear seats remain unsettled on concrete highways, unlike European cars. Road noise creeps in most in rear seats due to missing wheel well cladding. Pothole and thud absorption are good.

Maintenance has been a stress-free affair and very reliable, with no major part failures or breakdowns. I have not been very punctual with service intervals. In these many years of my ownership, so far I have had
  • Brake pads changed three times in 100k kms
  • Front Disc brake rotors change at 100k kms service, were skimmed twice in 100k kms before change
  • Brake fluid changes three times in 100kms
  • Transmission fluid changes once in 100k kms
  • Engine Coolant change at 100k kms
  • Spark plug change at 70k kms service
  • Battery changes thrice in 100k kms
  • Rear window winding motor failure at ~60k kms, got it replaced
  • Headlight bulbs changed twice in 100k kms, rest all are factory stock
  • Factory tyres lasted till 45k kms, 2nd set are upsized MRF perfinza which I need to change ASAP, no uneven tyre wear, not much wheel alignment delta even after longer intervals
  • Pair of front lower control arms changed due to rubber cracks at 80k kms service

Nagging issues which need to be rectified at frequent service intervals.
  • Dashboard squeaks
  • Front passenger A pillar noise
  • Front passenger door rain water leakage

I suggest you get Honda City with 1.5 i-vtec. This will definitely be a better all-around car that can be enjoyed over a longer period of time.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th June 2024 at 11:48. Reason: edited
varunswnt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 11:28   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I own a 2016 Jazz 1.2 i-vtec MT with magic seats having clocked 1 lac kms.

I suggest you get Honda City with 1.5 i-vtec. This will definitely be a better all-around car that can be enjoyed over a longer period of time.
Amazing response! Thanks.
I will look out for good value used City/Jazz. Otherwise, it'll have to a new City I guess. Right now, Safe + Reliable only seems to be Honda.

Having driven an EV (Tiago) last year, I have been spoilt and cannot tolerate the amount of rattle Tata cars (the only safe alternative) have. There is Verna, but it looks ugly (Subjective).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th June 2024 at 13:00. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote selectively as a large quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
crodjer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 10:56   #3298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post

It was 2016 and i was back from a 2 year onsite stint from singapore. In those 2 years i had seen Jazz mutiple times and i had set my mind to buy Jazz when i returned back to India.

However to my disappointment Jazz was only available in 1.2 and after a test ride i was sure this is not the car i would love to drive, hence had to buy Baleno even though Jazz was my dream car.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks